2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

Forgive me for feeling entitled to promised content update features which were meant to be accessed by subscribers at no additional costs. I'd be fine if it was an independent cartel market update but it is taking "space" of something more appropriate and something we got used to at this stage.

Having HK-51 is optional, just like daily quests @ the section x or the new end-game operations. I don't remember having to pay extra for access to those.

cartel market shouldn't merge with content updates.

I agree.... I was kinda hoping for either new space combat or maybe a few new HM FPs kinda like the Kaon update ... some game system stuff and one FP that was not available before.

I don't feel entitled to content ... I understand as a programmer that sometimes stuff just cant happen fast enough for customer satisfaction. BUT I do agree that ASSUMING that none of these features can be purchased with in game money and they all require use of cartel coins. That it should not be considered a game update.

HOWEVER if all these things ARE entirely purchasable by any means and any cost through in game currency then it is a game update just not a content update.

That being said ..... I would then hope that 2.2 is not far away because they did kinda say that with free to play there goal was to produce new gameplay CONTENT on a 4-8 week cycle to wit I believe the next thing in the cycle is a new warzone ... then FPs .. then event ... then new op. But that was a long time ago now ... maybe they just forgot that content gets old fast ... or assumed that 5 more levels (rather then 10-20) would hold us off for a couple months rather then a couple days.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they really putting a Red and Purple dye module in the game? I cannot think of an armour or person that would look good on. Did someone flip through a high street fashion magazine and see this season's colour blocking and pick THAT?

Really?

23 dyes (if security key and CE) and the rename stuff. Plus discount on other customizations. Sorry that you've decided that you are entitled to more than that, but it is what it is.

Optional stuff is optional.

Well thank you random/secret EA employee. I know it's really super fashionable to call people "lazy" and "entitled'. I'm sure that all of the other trolls squeal with delight when they see that and go, "oooooooh burn!" or whatever is in style right now.

However, as someone who owns the CE and has subscribed every single month I would like to take issue with your concept of "optional". Changing my hair from long to slightly longer isn't "optional" or "extra". Changing my armor color from blue to dark blue isn't either. These are really really trivial features that should be INCLUDED in the subscription price. The price that we pay every single month.

If they want to charge "preferred" players or F2P players then by all means. But we all know deep down inside that EA would much rather we all cancel and play Cartel Pack Lottery all day long. So whatever.

I am kinda disappointed that they are doing character renames though.

What?:confused:

Well, you read that, and it tells you everything you need to know about this game's priorities.

The game's priority is "making money." The game's priority has always been "making money."

Edited by branmakmuffin

There will also be bug fixes. What's funny is that for every person like you there are just as many people who have said on this very forum "I don't even WANT content in the next patch, just FIX BUGS!".

They just put out an expansion 3 weeks ago. Give them time to make new content. Don't worry, it's coming. In the meantime I'm going to love using the new dye system, as a subscriber.

I agree. How about they fix the f***ed up current content before they go rushing to release new, more bugged content. Achievements, crew skills, bugs still present in current operations...they have plenty to fix before we get something new and broken.

Here is info on the collection interface

http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014

Yeh, nice. This is a sound idea but it's still more and more money. Why not give expensive credit unlocks like in Legacy system OR cartel coins for lazy / rich players? This collection interface, I believe, will tremendously decrease the credit - cartel coin ratio.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

It costs money and labor to produce content, even for the cartel market. A business making strides to make money is never a sign that they're shutting down, it's just what...businesses do.

It baffles me what some people expect. The free market works fine for many things, including computer games and yachts.

Here is info on the collection interface

http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014

That gave me a good laugh :p They have gotten very clever at new ways to extract money. At this point I'm thinking anything that doesn't directly involve combat is going to be an extra CC charge. Given how many new systems are CC only in this patch, I expect when they said they had two teams, they meant one was for CM items and the other was for anything else they felt they could charge for. Maybe we are lucky and there is at least one intern working on non-cartel stuff...

I'm gonna call it the worst update ever. Nothing in it for me and i play both pvp and pve, its just a "GIVE ME CARTEL COINS" update, nothing more. I felt it when they implemented Cartel reputation . Also Andryah dont even try to answer please, we all know you work in BW now:D

You all do math funny.

Say you wanted a cartel market outfit for 2 of your characters. Today, and yesterday, and last week, you would buy it twice for a total of 2,880 cartel coins.

But after 2.1, you will buy it once for 1,440 cartel coins and then unlock it for your entire account for a "fraction" of 1,440 coins. What's the fraction? Doesn't matter; it's less than 1, so you'll spend less than 2,880 coins to have the outfit on two, or ALL (your choice) of your characters.

That's "Give me fewer coins!".

i swear video gamers are the most entitled people on the planet.

if you dont think there is a point in subscribing... *gasp* then unsubscribe.

oh wait, you mean you want all these perks but then want to whine about not having any perks? geez LOL

oh wait, you mean you want all these perks but then want to whine about not having any perks? geez LOL

Many of us enjoy the game. We just want some clarification. This content patch so far is shaping up to be a primarily Cartel Market patch. I personally don't have an issue with some of these things being associated with the market, nor do I think any of them are so incredibly objectionable on their own.

What I want to know is 1) what else is in this patch that has nothing to do with the market and 2) is development no longer separated between content patches and cartel updates.

*gasp* heaven forbid we ask questions. *gasp*

I'm going to create a drinking game based on trolls using the latest burn. Six months ago it was, "lazy". Now it's entitled. If I took a shot for each time some troll parroted the entitled insult I would be b0mbed by now. Just in this thread alone.

Dear EA employee/shareholder/apologist,

I'm a subscriber. I EXPECT their to be updates as part of that subscription. I'm paying for your game.

*gasp* heaven forbid we ask questions. *gasp*

IMO, asking questions is fine. Ask them all day long. Maybe you get aswers, maybe not.

Demanding answers, not so much. It's their decison when and how they release more information.

Making sweeping statements that the 2.1 patch is only cartel market content updates, in the absence of a full set of patch notes, is hyperbole and presumption. Attacking other forum members for pointing out the patch notes are yet to be released is silly and immature.

Maybe it's deliberate hyperbole to try to goad Bioware into releasing more info on the patch. If it is, it's an immature approach IMO.

Maybe it's hyperbole as a method of expressing frustration. Again... immature approach IMO.

Besides.. we all know that the OP (Alec) really only cares about and only want's one thing (his declaration, not mine)... "when is hood toggle going to be patched into the game?"

Note: to readers, my use of the word "immature" in this post is done so from the context of forum members being adults. If you are a 12 year old, then please disregard this post as maturity of behavior is not relevant to most 12 year olds.

Edited by Andryah

IMO, asking questions is fine. Ask them all day long. Maybe you get aswers, maybe not.

Demanding answers, not so much. It's their decison when and how they release more information.

Making sweeping statements that the 2.1 patch is only cartel market content updates, in the absence of a full set of patch notes, is hyperbole and presumption. Attacking other forum members for pointing out the patch notes are yet to be released is silly and immature.

Maybe it's deliberate hyperbole to try to goad Bioware into releasing more info on the patch. If it is, it's an immature approach IMO.

Maybe it's hyperbole as a method of expressing frustration. Again... immature approach IMO.

Besides.. we all know that the OP (Alec) really only cares about and only want's one thing (his declaration, not mine)... "when is hood toggle going to be patched into the game?"

Curious how you'd react if we had the full set of patch notes and it actually shows that it's 100% cartel market.

Well, not really all that curious. Already know the answer.

Nice deflection though, for that's all it is.

Edited by DarthTHC

Cathar are for subscribers, customization kiosk is for subscribers, armor dye is for subscribers, player convenience services are for subscribers.

Cathar bought with cartel coins, customization kiosk - again cartel coins, armor dyes... well that's the only thing that's only partially cartel coins, convenience services? cartel coins, with escrow transfer being aimed entirely at f2p/preferred, since subscribers have no use for it, in fact it actually shrinks the value of subscription even further, making pay as you need model even more attractive, over flat subscription fee.

aka - this update is for cartel coin users who may or may not be subscribers.

now, there are several things in that update that are pretty fun, but they are still cartel coin oriented. so its honestly a major cartel market update. its a good one, meaty one, but its a microtransaction update. the only difference between subscribing and just playing free, as far as this update is concerned? appearance kiosk comes with permanent discount if you are subscriber. I don't feel like doing the math right now, but the value of this incentive varies depending on how much you want to change your characters appearances. fro someone like me, who designed each character with great degree of deliberation? that discount is 100% useless.

but the thing is. content for "subscribers" would most likely also be free content for free to play, unless they follow the model of section x. which IMO, they really should. whether they will? who knows.

Curious how you'd react if we had the full set of patch notes and it actually shows that it's 100% cartel market.

IF that were the case....being a mature adult.. I would agree with anyone who states that the patch was 100% cartel content.

If it were actually not the case, but someone insisted or conflated that it was anyway, I would disagree with them and state specifics as to why I disagree.

Anyone however who threw a temper tantrum about it.. they are on their own. Me, I'd wait for the next patch, like an adult.

Edited by Andryah

Hyperbole and the OP aside (I'm not a forum scholar, nor do I particularly care about a poster's trends), the general question is a valid one.

Content development has been described to us as largely separate from Cartel Market updates. Overlap is certainly expected given the state of the game, and honestly, I really do not have an issue with any of the features being introduced involving the Cartel Market (though I wish some had credit alternatives, ie, kiosk).

I'd like to know what will be introduced in this content patch that doesn't involve the Cartel Market at all. Right now, that seems to be about half the dyes. If that is it, it would seem to signal a significant departure from the structure of content patches previously and would be something the community team would be wise to clarify.

Bug fixes / tweaks are not the meat of patches, nor have they been the focus of major patches.