2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do frankly that's there own fault. It's been said for like 6 months now that Cathar wouldn't be free to subscribers. It's been said over and over again that since they don't want the CM to be P2W then they can only really do cosmetic changes that have no bearing on gameplay on the CM. A barber shop is the epitome of cosmetic changes that have no bearing on gameplay.

If you want to be an ostridge, don't complain about the sand in you ears.

Frankly the fact that these options (especially Cather) are with CCs and therefore ARE free to subscribers + the fact that the cost is so low for them were huge shocks to me and I think they went out of their way to make sure subscribers could get it for free. I was worried it would be cash only like RotHC was. They really did the right thing here and what these threads are is the equivalent of a child throwing a tantrum in the middle of grocery store because he mom would only buy him 1 toy instead of 2 he wanted.

Let's put it this way. There is an update to the cartel market roughly every week or two. 2.1 is basically just one big update to the cartel market

According to what the devs said in the past, cartel market updates =/= 6 - 8 week updates, it'll be separate

Hmmmmm, there's nothing in 2.1 you DON'T have to use CC's for except 20 dyes. Everything else you use CC, which'll be on the cartel market. That is not a content update

Edited by Logisitcs

Let's put it this way. There is an update to the cartel market roughly every week or two. 2.1 is basically just one big update to the cartel market

According to what the devs said in the past, cartel market updates =/= 6 - 8 week updates, it'll be separate

Hmmmmm, there's nothing in 2.1 you DON'T have to use CC's for except 20 dyes. Everything else you use CC on the cartel market. That is not a content update

Someone gets it. Thank you.

I don't care that much but this is a little shady. Dye modules should be at least available to subscribers through a vendor or something. Character re-customization I totally get as part of CM though.

Some of them are. Some will be craftable so anyone can get them.

Forgive me for feeling entitled to promised content update features which were meant to be accessed by subscribers at no additional costs. I'd be fine if it was an independent cartel market update but it is taking "space" of something more appropriate and something we got used to at this stage.

Having HK-51 is optional, just like daily quests @ the section x or the new end-game operations. I don't remember having to pay extra for access to those.

cartel market shouldn't merge with content updates.

Getting new content for "free" does not mean getting ALL new content for "free." Warzones, Ops, FPs... yeah, those are included with sub. Cosmetic stuff is not so much of content... it is extra stuff and is ok to charge for. As for dyes, some are available through crafting, so no argument there. Other dyes will be on the GTN in no time. Other customizations? Pay-up!

I don't care that much but this is a little shady. Dye modules should be at least available to subscribers through a vendor or something. Character re-customization I totally get as part of CM though.

23 of 48 dyes in 2.1 are avaliable from vendors OR crafters.

If they do frankly that's there own fault. It's been said for like 6 months now that Cathar wouldn't be free to subscribers. It's been said over and over again that since they don't want the CM to be P2W then they can only really do cosmetic changes that have no bearing on gameplay on the CM. A barber shop is the epitome of cosmetic changes that have no bearing on gameplay.

If you want to be an ostridge, don't complain about the sand in you ears.

Frankly the fact that these options (especially Cather) are with CCs and therefore ARE free to subscribers + the fact that the cost is so low for them were huge shocks to me and I think they went out of their way to make sure subscribers could get it for free. I was worried it would be cash only like RotHC was. They really did the right thing here and what these threads are is the equivalent of a child throwing a tantrum in the middle of grocery store because he mom would only buy him 1 toy instead of 2 he wanted.

1. i dont give a crap about Cather.

2. The barbershop is in game content and in game UPDATE/PATCH as they stated before should be free for Subscribers.

3. "A barber shop is the epitome of cosmetic changes that have no bearing on gameplay." well you can say that about MANY things like the reputation cause all what you get are cosmatic Items and Money which both dont impact your gameplay, ingame content like Seeker droid and Macrobinoculars are fluff too cause the two missions gives you cosmatic Items only which doesnt impact your game play.

but hey we all saw that coming since they involved the Reputation system into the CM after all its all "Fluff"...

Hmmmmm, there's nothing in 2.1 you DON'T have to use CC's for except 20 dyes. Everything else you use CC, which'll be on the cartel market. That is not a content update

But there's a huge difference here. These are complex features, not items. It takes a lot of development work to create them vs making clothing/pets/mounts. So if they split up the features and released them over the course of 3 or 4 updates with the updates including some more traditional content in them. I guess I can kinda see the point there, but I still think it's fairly trivial.

If everyone quit I demand you rename it Ikinai-no-mates! :D

To be honest I joined so that they could found it and just never left, I'm kind of lazy like that :p

so then I got stuck with a guild that had an odd name, now I get to rename it, at least I get one freebie outta this update :)

1. i dont give a crap about Cather.

2. The barbershop is in game content and in game UPDATE/PATCH as they stated before should be free for Subscribers.

3. "A barber shop is the epitome of cosmetic changes that have no bearing on gameplay." well you can say that about MANY things like the reputation cause all what you get are cosmatic Items and Money which both dont impact your gameplay, ingame content like Seeker droid and Macrobinoculars are fluff too cause the two missions gives you cosmatic Items only which doesnt impact your game play.

but hey we all saw that coming since they involved the Reputation system into the CM after all its all "Fluff"...

1) Because only your opinion counts, right?

2) But it's not free and they are informing us of this in advance. Tell us WHY it should be free.

3) What?

Really? Do they appear on gtn on their own? I didn't know!

Everything you can buy from the CM now is on the GTN. I just bought 4 character slot unlocks last week all for credits (and not even that much). I suspect Cathar might end up on the GTN. I doubt the appearance thing will, because that seem to be somewhere you go (unless they sell coupon on the CM).

As far as character renames I'm not betting on them being for CC. I'm willing to bet they will be cash money like RotHC. However, when F2P first launch there was a blurb in the list of character perks that said that subscribers got 1 free character re-name per month. That was pointed out and removed as a mistake, but this points to they at least thought about giving subs some free character renames, until they release a price it's all just speculation though.

And that's all we get from the content update without having to buy coins.

Not true Alec, and you know it. That's all we get for the dye portion of the content update.

Or do you have an advance copy of the patch notes for 2.1?? :) If so.. please share.

1) Because only your opinion counts, right?

2) But it's not free and they are informing us of this in advance. Tell us WHY it should be free.

3) What?

1) right, its MY opinion so i dont give a crap if you take it or not...

2) wash your eyes and try to read...

3) read point 2....

Ergo we have cartel rep. Though there is a rep bar that gives access to specific basic gear. Quests attached to rep however are content. Seeker Droids and Macrobinoculars quests are content. Quests are not cosmetic, even if the rewards are.

Are you ready to give your character a new hairstyle or an updated wardrobe? Assemble the perfect new look for your character with the Appearance Designer Kiosk, the new Cathar playable species, and more in Game Update 2.1: Customization!

All of the new options are available for purchase in the Cartel Market with Cartel Coins.

Need Cartel Coins? Buy Now!

Well, you read that, and it tells you everything you need to know about this game's priorities.

Not true Alec, and you know it. That's all we get for the dye portion of the content update.

Or do you have an advance copy of the patch notes for 2.1?? :) If so.. please share.

Please enlighten us. I'm quite curious, they've made a splash page covering 2.1 http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates

They've had Q&A's detailing 2.1 with various fan sites, given them exclusive info

They've spoken about in the forums

Please enlighten us as to what Bioware could be possible having up their sleeves that they'll reveal in the patch notes besides what we already know aside from bug fixes and balancing!

Please!

EDIT: Oh I forgot one small detail, that doesn't require cartel coins

Edited by Logisitcs

"Coming soon" is gone from the 2.1 Update page. It appears that nothing else to add there. Or, since you're working for Bioware, maybe you're trying to indirectly say that there is more to come? ;) lol

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Playing Makeb has (somewhat) restored my faith in this game's future, so I'm actually looking forward to 2.1. I've wanted these features for a long time, and so have many others.

As for everything requiring cartel coins; my monthly grant can more than pay for this (I don't waste coins on the RNG boxes anymore).

EDIT: Would really like the option to do a one time AC respec, but I realize that isn't going to happen any time soon, if at all. This might be exploited, but I would simply rather have a Sorcerer and a Shadow than a Sage and an Assassin

Edited by GGVK