2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please get me a quote for that <3

The original stuff mentioned as part of content (obviously leeway should be expected but his point is pretty obvious):

Matthew: Well we’re committed to: about every six weeks, doing a major update for the game -- which would be a new Warzone, a new Operation, a new Flashpoint, a new event -- and to doing that on a really frequent cadence, every six weeks. So we’re going to stick to that.

Source: http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3241038

And then Musco telling us that development is separate (emphasis mine):

Hey Philastra!

One thing I did want point out is that I know sometimes there may be a misconception that because we are releasing new items into the Cartel Market, that we are not producing other content. Just to make everyone aware that our Cartel Market and content development teams are two very different things internally.

That is to say, us producing new items for the Cartel Market does not adversely mean we are not producing content. We are always doing both of these things and they are released accordingly.

I am not sure if that directly addresses any of your concerns, but I thought this would be a good place to make mention of that. Also, as you can imagine our "content developers" are pretty busy with Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Game Update 2.0. I did attempt to address some of the other concerns that you raised in one of my other posts as well, you can see that here (I think you saw it already but just in case).

-eric

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5986834#edit5986834

Well they originally said new content every 6 weeks, minor updates to the CM every week, and major updates to the CM every few months (I would say this is our first major CM update)

Now it's new patch every 8 weeks and major CM updates can fall under that category.

Exactly.

BW kept telling us that CM updated don't impact 'basic' new game content because it's done by separate team. It was also said that Makeb had it's own team working full time on it.

Now, with Makeb released, all info we have suggest that all those people were shifted to work on CM. If there is anything else they could work on, we don't know a thing. And that means EA could have moved SWTOR to final phase "milk people of all their money, don't waste resources on creating anything not paid extra".

So yeah. CM update taking place of usual content update significantly decreases value of subscription.

Well even if they are not part of the sub deal. in other games u have to pay aswel to change youre name,move server, ....

If people want extras they have to pay for them. I will not spend one euro to change my hair/looks. why would i? it is just a game...

Do we even know if we can pay it with ingame credits btw?

Edited by hages

The original stuff mentioned as part of content (obviously leeway should be expected but his point is pretty obvious):

Source: http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3241038

And then Musco telling us that development is separate (emphasis mine):

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5986834#edit5986834

Sound man. why is the content team working on the cartel stuff, then?

It was asked a lot of times and it would've been confirmed at this stage if it was possible. Cartel coins, cartel coins, cartel coins. All the time. I'd like to buy coins for credits...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Well even if they are not part of the sub deal. in other games u have to pay aswel to change youre name,move server, ....

If people want extras they have to pay for them. I will not spend one euro to change my hair/looks. why would i? it is just a game...

Did you just quote and answer yourself in your above post?

Edited by Quraswren

From the page Alec linked, it looks like we get one character, legacy, and guild name change. Doesnt say anything about it being monthly :(

Hardly surprising :/ They did pull the page down what-quick when people started asking for their Name changes.

I just hope there is something more fitting of their content description in this update. I have a feeling if there was though, they would lead with that and wouldn't have named the patch "Customization." So now I hope we at least have a hood toggle coming.

Eric, I think it's time for a come to Jesus talk with the forum.

I just hope there is something more fitting of their content description in this update. I have a feeling if there was though, they would lead with that and wouldn't have named the patch "Customization." So now I hope we at least have a hood toggle coming.

Eric, I think it's time for a come to Jesus talk with the forum.

While this is not the topic of this thread, those two magic words would shut me up for eternity. If it was on its way, of course. Was scheduled for 1.3, we've 2.1 soon. :/

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Forgive me for feeling entitled to promised content update features which were meant to be accessed by subscribers at no additional costs. I'd be fine if it was an independent cartel market update but it is taking "space" of something more appropriate and something we got used to at this stage.

Having HK-51 is optional, just like daily quests @ the section x or the new end-game operations. I don't remember having to pay extra for access to those.

cartel market shouldn't merge with content updates.

And you just said the secret word that makes you universally hated on this entire forum.

Here's a mustache and a new identity. NOW RUN, GUISEPPI! RUN!

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

I don't know if they can access them without paying extra. Aren't we paying subscription so we can freely enjoy content updates?

It's been said many times over and over thought the forums that Cathar and customization for sure will be for CC. You get a monthly stipend for free. Therefore you have the option to use the service at no charge if you choose. Stop whining.

And you just said the secret word that makes you universally hated on this entire forum.

Here's a mustache and a new identity. NOW RUN, GUISEPPI! RUN!

And what's wrong with feeling entitled to something you were told you will be able to enjoy at no additional charges on top of what you're paying?

And what's wrong with feeling entitled to something you were told you will be able to enjoy at no additional charges on top of what you're paying?

You can feel entitled to anything you want. . .

Just doesn't mean you will get it.

Entitlement in MMOs is bad because it makes you look like a First World Spoiled Brat.

/shrug

Not my view, but that's how MMO forums work.

Plus, I was just making a joke. I been waiting for someone to use a "Forum Buzz Word" to bust out that Guiseppi bit for weeks.

Feeling entitled is fine. Most people do....about things.... all the time..in life. Sometimes appropriate, sometimes probably not. But when you express those feeling publicly, you invite reaction.

How you express your feelings has consequences, even in an internet forum. Prosecuting your feelings of entitlement, almost in the form of tantrum like demands at times (yes I am exaggerating a bit to make a point, so please work with me here) is another thing entirely. You can do it of course. That is your choice. But it will trigger responses. Just be an adult and expect to get push back for the methods you choose to express your entitement.

/2-cents

And on a positive note... would someone please give the players /hood_toggle post haste... because as Alec has admitted on more then one occasion.. if you give him this.. he will never express feelings of entitlement in the forum again. Am I right Alec? :)

Edited by Andryah

They are not part of the sub deal. when i subed there was no cartel market. They are given as a gesture. Do not forget that. Now i am not saying that i like that we have to spend cartel coins for those things. but as it is we can do it for free.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this topic. I have heard this argument played out ad nauseum in other threads.

that would be true if he was alone but me and MANY others feel th same..Fooled!

If they do frankly that's there own fault. It's been said for like 6 months now that Cathar wouldn't be free to subscribers. It's been said over and over again that since they don't want the CM to be P2W then they can only really do cosmetic changes that have no bearing on gameplay on the CM. A barber shop is the epitome of cosmetic changes that have no bearing on gameplay.

If you want to be an ostridge, don't complain about the sand in you ears.

Frankly the fact that these options (especially Cather) are with CCs and therefore ARE free to subscribers + the fact that the cost is so low for them were huge shocks to me and I think they went out of their way to make sure subscribers could get it for free. I was worried it would be cash only like RotHC was. They really did the right thing here and what these threads are is the equivalent of a child throwing a tantrum in the middle of grocery store because he mom would only buy him 1 toy instead of 2 he wanted.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

And on a positive note... would someone please give the players /hood_toggle post haste... because as Alec has admitted on more then one occasion.. if you give him this.. he will never express feelings of entitlement in the forum again. Am I right Alec? :)

Feelings of entitlement? Nope. Better yet: I will leave this place forever.

I don't care that much but this is a little shady. Dye modules should be at least available to subscribers through a vendor or something. Character re-customization I totally get as part of CM though.