The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Hammer Station vet mode, levelling my level 40-ish commando, a level 18 or so shadow, a level 50 player, and one level 70 dps sage. Clear the first two mobs before that big mob with the two gold droids, then sage says to run past all the mobs to the drill. Sage starts running, gets to like 2% health so I off-heal them, I get aggro and get globalled by the dozen or so adds and die along with the shadow. Me and the shadow spawn back at start, inform him we cannot run through those mobs ourselves, sage quits group...

I have never seen anyone in my 2+ years and probably hundreds of Hammer Station runs in this game try and do that.

Edited by Jevaruss

Hammer Station vet mode, levelling my level 40-ish commando, a level 18 or so shadow, a level 50 player, and one level 70 dps sage. Clear the first two mobs before that big mob with the two gold droids, then sage says to run past all the mobs to the drill. Sage starts running, gets to like 2% health so I off-heal them, I get aggro and get globalled by the dozen or so adds and die along with the shadow. Me and the shadow spawn back at start, inform him we cannot run through those mobs ourselves, sage quits group...

I have never seen anyone in my 2+ years and probably hundreds of Hammer Station runs in this game try and do that.

If he survived it's because he reached a point where they reset.

You can facetank through that pack as a level 70 commando, in fact any level 70 with all their toys has a way to yolo through without dying.

Sheer stupidity to get low levels to do such a high damage cheese.

Sage isn't a great class to carry a FP run with (literally being a pseudo tank and taking charge of mechanics) but everyone should expect to do some carrying as the top level in a vet mode and that does mean looking after the low levels.

Edited by Gyronamics

My Guardian tank on Star Forge got into a group for Raptus and Dread Council via group finder. First, I was told that it was just the Dread Council, but it turns out that it was two bosses. No big deal, it was my day off. Now everyone knows that the mobs in the Palace can hit like trucks, so I wanted to do a ready check, but hadn't been promoted to lieutenant. Just as I type "r?" in chat, a Sentinel pulls the first mob.

Me, after the fight: Can you please let tanks pull first?

Sentinel: What's taking you so long? :/

Then we get to Raptus, and it's pretty smooth. But I notice a Shadow in the group who was supposedly DPS had Kinetic Ward up... And we had a DPS Guardian queueing as a tank. So afterwards, I pointed it out. The Shadow said he queued as DPS because it was his first time running it.

Chiss veteran with my sniper, two sorcs (one of them in full 248) and an assassin. All dps. The first two bosses go down with no issues (even though we accidentally locked out the assassin at the second one). Last boss though: I die during the boss-vanishes-and-drops-circles phase, followed by the sorc in BiS. Since their gear is way better than mine I tell the other sorc to please rez them and they do. Then the assassin goes down and what follows are around 8 minutes of two sorcs running in circles and barely doing any damage to the boss. I try to be helpful by pointing out his position whenever I see him, but yeah... 8 minutes to go from 33% to 0. At least now I know that the enrage timer is generous if there even is one. :p

I was the slightly weird one in an Assault on Tython veteran, though I still think the other sage didn't have to be such an arse about it, but anyway. :o At least now I know that rezzing after the first boss puts you on the stairs in front of the platform and that's a bit of a problem if the trash is still there. :t_angel:

I was the slightly weird one in an Assault on Tython veteran, though I still think the other sage didn't have to be such an arse about it, but anyway. :o At least now I know that rezzing after the first boss puts you on the stairs in front of the platform and that's a bit of a problem if the trash is still there. :t_angel:

I was once in a group with a very similar problem on Korriban. LOTS of wipes. Lots. Mostly a timing problem, I guess.

And that after a player had left us ... We call for replacement via GF - and who returns ? The player who had left us ... Embarassing ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Two veteran Red Reapers today, but nothing too bad.

In the first one, a level 25 guardian randomly jumped into the pit at final boss after the first set of adds were dealt with.

The second one started as a mess, with one guy leaving, one pulling ahead and one pulling skipped mobs - with the elevator in between and everyone dying. Then the one pulling ahead ragequitted. ~~ We stopped before the infamous bridge, and one who hadn't been there before asked if there was something special. Nobody told him, and soon after he found it out.

Got "Done and Dusted" thought GF last night. Easy uprising, tho' I'm not that familiar with it, having done it only a couple of times before and a long time ago when 5.0 was new.

We said hello. Nothing strange there, some people wanna fight and not chat endlessly. -I don't mind that. All went well until the final boss fight. The rest of the team got the droid down to about 60% until they died. - Leaving me to finish it off. - Which I did in the end- although it must've been al looooong wait for all those lying dead on the sand.

Viri sniper isn't the best at bursting stuff down, but at least the DoTs are running while you kite around stuff. Lucky I had specced to heal on roll and heal on cover ATM as a trial.

I'm not bothered that I had to solo it. - Actually glad that I could manage - even surprised myself. But it was the silence during the fight. - No one said, "just die and we'll try again" or even "WD, GJ" when it was over. They said 'bye' picked up their rewards and left.

Weird.

Why do so many people lack manners in FP nowadays? I've been through so many groups and barely anybody communicates, let alone give a simple "hi" at the beginning. I get it, no one queues for a FP just to chat. But it's rather annoying when you ask a simple question that can easily be answered in a matter of seconds but yet nobody responds. Many of these same people have the gall to spam "spacebar" in the chat during cutscenes.

I also hate it when the group follows one person. I remember this Mara we had on Hammer Station who refused to heal up and keeps running ahead of everyone, trying to fight every single thing. I called him out several times but nothing seemed to work. I told my group members, the healer and the tank to simply let him die but they tried to rush like him too. Wipe after wipe followed. People eventually ragequitted.

Edited by Ackerprincess

I also hate it when the group follows one person. I remember this Mara we had on Hammer Station who refused to heal up and keeps running ahead of everyone, trying to fight every single thing. I called him out several times but nothing seemed to work. I told my group members, the healer and the tank to simply let him die but they tried to rush like him too. Wipe after wipe followed. People eventually ragequitted.

Cynically put, this sounds to me like they were mainly PvP players.

Or only used to play on planets, where mobs can be rushed through (with the mobs getting back to their start position at one point).

I was on my shadow. GF threw me into Copero in progress, with 3 sentinels. They weren't at the first boss yet, but two were dead, and one almost dead, when I spawned. I told them I'll stealth to the first boss, so they could wait with respawning.

I went to the droid, unlock the respawn point. They rezzed, and then went back to finish the bonus. They died on the first mob, then I got asked if I could heal. (Again, I was a shadow.) I said no, shadows can't heal.

I got kicked from the group for not healing.

I was on my shadow. GF threw me into Copero in progress, with 3 sentinels. They weren't at the first boss yet, but two were dead, and one almost dead, when I spawned. I told them I'll stealth to the first boss, so they could wait with respawning.

I went to the droid, unlock the respawn point. They rezzed, and then went back to finish the bonus. They died on the first mob, then I got asked if I could heal. (Again, I was a shadow.) I said no, shadows can't heal.

I got kicked from the group for not healing.

Guess they want you spamming that Assassin's shelter.

Leveling my TK Sage, get Manaan. Two Shadows, one apparently a tank and a Guardian with me. Should be easy, right? I'm not totally afraid of Manaan.

Turns out that neither Shadow had done Manaan ever, and the "tank" was actually Serenity, while the "damage" Shadow was KC. I gave a brief rundown of Sarisi...both characters, who were both level 70 were dead in seconds. I left.

• 2 weeks later...

My memory of FPs after doing them is quite bad so I don't often post stuff here, but I think this is worth it.

I've been doing a lot of MM FPs recently, queueing for all but the "hard" ones (post SoR basically). First pop today was Ilum. Finished easily in about 17 minutes. Then Mandalorian Raiders. Immediately off to a bad start with the tricky trash at the start and one of the DPS asks why I'm not healing (surprisingly, I was). This guy had full 248 but I couldn't tell if he had any experience in FPs and ops (not too many achievements in them).

Right before the first boss, I get attacked by a group of hounds and die quickly. Same guy asks again why I'm not healing... that time was because I was dead. Wipe on the first boss from too much damage (don't know if that was my fault). Manage it on the second try, still with loads of damage.

On the Boarding Party, we don't discuss kill order at all, and on the first pull get to last guy and die to AoE (I think). Dulfy's guide suggests killing the smuggler first which we didn't do. On the second try we do though, and manage to survive.

The bonus boss goes down first try, but it's not fun to heal with 2 melee DPS. Then Mavrax:

First try: Tank is attacking boss too much instead of turrets, get to second platform but then he gets pushed to first so wipe.

Second try: Same again but only made it to first platform.

Third try: Tank is told to attack turrets instead. On the first platform, one DPS is on one turret while tank and the other DPS are on the other one. IMO this caused the wipe, as it meant both turrets were alive for longer, so too much damage on first platform and I can't manage the rest.

We quit after third attempt. Queue again and instantly get a pop. Kaon MM. Same tank as last run.

So, I did Kaon HM a few days ago with a guildie. He was a DPS, but accidentally queued as tank. We took the pop anyway and it turned out pretty well. Wiped on trash but I think we managed all the bosses (including the bonus) first try.

In this run, we make it past Byzal with no issues. Takes a lot of deaths to get past the trash before the turret. The tank takes the turret before I'm ready and we quickly wipe. I think it was at this point I ask if the melee DPS should be on the turret, and I'm told by the mDPS "Go on the turret yourself. You can't heal anyway". I say how this is the second FP in a row someone's said that. The tank and DPS both suggest I shouldn't queue as healer. I mention the run I had before of this but no one says anything.

While discussing this no one is taking the turret, and I ask who is actually taking it (because I think me doing it would be a bad idea). The other DPS (a sniper) eventually does, but he has issues with controlling it and I get swarmed and die, so another wipe.

I point out the melee DPS has done this FP 20 times so should have a good suggestion on who to put on the turret. The tank says Googling it will tell you to put tank on turret, though Dulfy's guide suggests a mDPS. Our mDPS says they don't know how to use the turret because the tank always does it, so the tank takes it. So after an unprepared pull, and one where the turret wasn't being used properly, we manage to get through it.

More deaths to trash, then the Behemoth. I think someone blew up the canisters early twice which made it a bit more difficult but we did it first try. Going to the last boss, it becomes clear the others don't want to do the bonus, which is annoying because I asked right at the start but no one responded. I only really do FPs for the achievements, so skipping the bonus is a waste of a whole run. However, since we're nearly at the last boss and I'll get some rewards if we actually finish this I decide to stick with it.

Takes 2 tries for the last boss. I think the second try was helped by the adds getting stuck... The sniper gets the Melarra bug and has to reenter, so after 1 hour 17 minutes, we finally finish.

Anyway, the main point of posting these is that being blamed for bad healing really bothers me. Mainly because I don't know when it's true. With a good group, I get runs like the Battle of Ilum run or the good Kaon run. I can't see how my healing can be an issue there, unless the other roles have to use a lot of DCDs to survive. So in these two runs, I'm unsure if my healing isn't good enough, or if it's just DPS who are better at complaining than playing properly.

Hard to word exactly what I want to say, but yeah...

Ok I rarily respond but I saw so many questioning things in your post that made me curious... So some inline thoughts of how I run the FPs on my main tank. There isn't a golden way, there are several ways that work, and sometimes pugs don't adapt to each other :)

Right before the first boss, I get attacked by a group of hounds and die quickly. Same guy asks again why I'm not healing... that time was because I was dead. Wipe on the first boss from too much damage (don't know if that was my fault). Manage it on the second try, still with loads of damage.

==> in Mando, don't start healing until dogs are hit by tank at least once. If Merc, don't hot.

==> Incoming damage on boss too high usually means dogs aren't taken away from the boss, presence of boss makes them go in soft enrage (red)

On the Boarding Party, we don't discuss kill order at all, and on the first pull get to last guy and die to AoE (I think). Dulfy's guide suggests killing the smuggler first which we didn't do. On the second try we do though, and manage to survive.

==> Kill order doesn't matter that much. I usually assign knight first because untauntable, then consular (doesn't really matter) and kill the last two together. They get stronger hits when 1 dies so the last part matters.

Then Mavrax:

First try: Tank is attacking boss too much instead of turrets, get to second platform but then he gets pushed to first so wipe.

Second try: Same again but only made it to first platform.

Third try: Tank is told to attack turrets instead. On the first platform, one DPS is on one turret while tank and the other DPS are on the other one. IMO this caused the wipe, as it meant both turrets were alive for longer, so too much damage on first platform and I can't manage the rest.

==> whut? Tank should tank boss and BOTH turrets. Also the little aoe's hurt like hell if you don't get out of them, which for mdps is usually the case :)

Takes a lot of deaths to get past the trash before the turret. The tank takes the turret before I'm ready and we quickly wipe. I think it was at this point I ask if the melee DPS should be on the turret, and I'm told by the mDPS "Go on the turret yourself. You can't heal anyway". I say how this is the second FP in a row someone's said that. The tank and DPS both suggest I shouldn't queue as healer. I mention the run I had before of this but no one says anything.

While discussing this no one is taking the turret, and I ask who is actually taking it (because I think me doing it would be a bad idea). The other DPS (a sniper) eventually does, but he has issues with controlling it and I get swarmed and die, so another wipe.

I point out the melee DPS has done this FP 20 times so should have a good suggestion on who to put on the turret. The tank says Googling it will tell you to put tank on turret, though Dulfy's guide suggests a mDPS. Our mDPS says they don't know how to use the turret because the tank always does it, so the tank takes it. So after an unprepared pull, and one where the turret wasn't being used properly, we manage to get through it.

==> As tank, I almost always take the turret but honestly it doesn't matter that much, but solos go down faster with 2 dps. The one on the turret draws huge aggro and the solo mobs spawning don't do much, except pull and explode. Tank takes all large groups, DPS should be able to take care of solos, if not, incompetent group. Can't say more there.

==> If tank doesn't wait until everyone is ready, then tank isn't raid aware. Before boss fights I always check energy/force levels and it pisses me off if people don't heal up if they need to, but that's something else :)

Anyway, the main point of posting these is that being blamed for bad healing really bothers me. Mainly because I don't know when it's true. With a good group, I get runs like the Battle of Ilum run or the good Kaon run. I can't see how my healing can be an issue there, unless the other roles have to use a lot of DCDs to survive. So in these two runs, I'm unsure if my healing isn't good enough, or if it's just DPS who are better at complaining than playing properly.

==> Honestly, some tactics in hardmode FP's are petty unforgiving. KuS is a nice example: Get two exploding adds on Kaon mobs and not moving away: you're done. If you get constricted and no one breaks it, aggro is everywhere and you're done. BfI however is much easier, can pull several mobs and still survive.

==> If you are on Darth Malgus, send me a PM. Love to run some FP's with you and see your healing. Reading how you react and look up stuff, you easily want to learn and that's (for me) the most important piece of information :) Seeing you were talking about smuggler, I assumed you are imperial.

Thanks for the response

==> whut? Tank should tank boss and BOTH turrets. Also the little aoe's hurt like hell if you don't get out of them, which for mdps is usually the case :)

It seemed like the issue was the tank focusing too much on the boss and DPSing it down to the next phase, which is an instant wipe. I don't remember if the DPS were focusing the boss at all on the first two tries.

==> If you are on Darth Malgus, send me a PM. Love to run some FP's with you and see your healing. Reading how you react and look up stuff, you easily want to learn and that's (for me) the most important piece of information :) Seeing you were talking about smuggler, I assumed you are imperial.

Sounds good.

Wanted to do the daily op (Dread Palace) so I eventually found a group looking for a healer. Took a surprising amount of time to find a second healer, but we did and entered the op. Right as we start the first boss though, that healer quits with no warning. It's not hard to heal by myself so we clear it without an issue.

The leader goes back to the fleet and I ask in my guild for a healer but we can't find one. So we do the second boss as well with 7 people. Harder to heal and we only had 4 people left at the end but we managed it.

Still asking in guild chat for a healer, but third boss is easy so we clear that too. Now asking for a healer for just the last 2 bosses, someone from my guild offers to help. They relog while we're clearing the trash before Raptus. However the trash before Raptus has to be kept separate, and I'm over at one while the DwT is dying tanking the other one. I get there too late and he dies, then decides to quit. Someone else quits as well, so we decide to all go back to fleet to find some replacements, and possible re-group (because GF is weird).

Don't really remember what happened on the fleet, but we invited the guildie healer and eventually queued. Instant pop, but the group leader had said they were going to be right back. After the pop expires and we wait a couple of minutes (been about 8 mins since they said BRB) we decide to kick them. Queue again and all accept, but this bit is really weird.

The pop doesn't work after we all confirm, and it's stuck counting down to 0. It hits 0 and doesn't expire, and we're all left with not many options except to log out. I log back in and now my guild name has disappeared on my nameplate, so has the guild panel, and the guild chat. I can still see people logging in and out of guild though. Also nothing happens if I type in chat or try to use /who.

I relog again and this time, typing in chat says I'm an F2P player... Relog to another character and whisper one of the group members, he said he had the same problem. I go back on my main character (switching char fixed the bug) and we group up. In the fleet chat, I see the former group leader who went AFK has now almost made a full group without us in it, which is a bit annoying.

I start advertising and quickly get all roles, so we queue up and clear the last two bosses quite easily. Took about 1h30 in the end to clear all the bosses, and I ended up with most of the loot, including two unassembled chestpieces which no one seemed to want.

Edited by TheRandomno

Find a tank from fleet for HM FP. Pretty nice Boarding Party run. Since it's hard to find tanks at 2AM, I ask if he wants to stay and he does. After both getting some food, he queues and we get Blood Hunt. When I queue myself I always avoid Blood Hunt along with the other "new" FPs (Forged Alliances and after) because they seem too difficult to PuG.

Group is Sin tank, 2 Sorc DPS, and me as Sorc healer (go Inquisitors). On the first attempt at Kyramla, boss enrages at 15-20%, which is obviously quite bad. Couple more wipes, and I notice one of the DPSs is using Force Lightning, so I ask them what spec they are, and they say Lightning. Obviously (or rather, completely counter-intuitively) Force Lightning isn't a part of Lightning rotation, which makes me concerned about the guy's DPS (this fight being a tight enrage).

We try changing from tanking at the door to in the center but fail. Then I change my utilities (to give the instant cast after Cleanse among other things), go back to the door tanking, and I try to stay closer to the door than before. Manage to clear the fight.

During the challenges, I watch the DPS closely and they use a lot of Force Lightning. I talk with the other DPS in whispers (who's very good as far as I can tell) and also mention to the tank that the DPS could be a problem. I don't want to kick the DPS though and we do Jos and Valk first try.

At the last boss, I'm changing my utilities back when the tank pulls so I /stuck it and we try again. On the next pull the damage is a bit too much and I die while escaping the Maelstrom, and we wipe again.

After discussing the escape from the Maelstrom (putting down Phase Walk which I always forget is a Sorc ability now), we go again. The "bad DPS" dies mid-way through and I don't res right away, but I think eventually the other DPS does instead. Then the tank dies and we have res on CD. However, this actually makes the fight easier to heal because we're all ranged. Get down to last few percent before the cooldown finishes and finish the fight.

Had a nice discussion with the other group members after about various things (though, not the DPS issue). Bit surprised we managed it after all the wipes on the first boss, but I guess the only issue was the enrage which isn't a problem for the other 2.

Don't want to write a long story again... but I needed 83 conquest points to finish conquest (annoyingly) so I did a VM FP. Got Nathema, though I would have preferred Black Talon.

Two low lvl Sorcs, one 70 Sorc, and me as Operative (all DPS). On the first boss, we aren't quite ready when pulling but get through it with various deaths and revives (first try though). Similar thing on the Guardian Droid (which I only just learned the tactics for after ignoring them in SM).

On the last boss, we have a lot of issues with the beams and don't get anywhere with damaging the boss. The 70 DPS disconnects and reconnects during fight. Same person is insisting we use the kolto stations, which I am doing, and how I die in the first pull (flashbacks to Blood Hunt?). While dead, I mention the beam mechanic but we still have problems with it on the next pull. I also ask why the DPS keeps kiting, since it means we can't catch up with them for the beam.

Next pull one of the other DPSs disconnects. When they reconnect, they're outside the platform, which messes up the beams and we have no chance. Afterwards the DPS isn't accepting the revive and eventually we kick. 70 DPS gets a companion and we try again. Don't remember why we wiped that time. DPS says this is their last try. During the fight, I watch over and over as the DPS has a beam with their companion and does nothing about it. Makes it take a bit longer but we get Atrius down.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the DPS who stayed till the end was using Force Storm all the time on Atrius. Asked him about it but he didn't respond.

Revive the low lvl DPS for Zildrog, and we finish the FP. Right after, I saw someone looking for a healer for an MM FP and go back to main. We decide to do Nathema, although some of our gear is too low to queue so we have to enter manually. Turns out to be really easy, and quicker than the VM run (basically because we didn't ignore beams).

Edited by TheRandomno

Right after, I saw someone looking for a healer for an MM FP and go back to main. We decide to do Nathema, although some of our gear is too low to queue so we have to enter manually. Turns out to be really easy, and quicker than the VM run (basically because we didn't ignore beams).

From personal experience, veteran and master are equally difficulty. And that's weird.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had about 5 FPs now with the DPS I mentioned in the Kaon story. One of my guildmates told me they're French (he knows them from the French server). They rarely say hi or bye, but when they do actually speak their English is quite good.

One FP I got with them was Legacy of the Rakata with one or two other guildies. They're a mara, and so was the other DPS (who was in my guild), and they told me their DPS was really bad.

In another FP, Directive 7, both DPS were Maras again with one of them being this person. The other DPS ("DPS B" to make the story more simple) asked about their rotation but DPS A didn't seem to appreciate the criticism. Eventually, DPS B initiated a vote kick for A for being AFK. While I didn't really like A I hadn't seen them being AFK so didn't vote for it. Afterwards though, I saw them standing doing nothing for quite a while so when another kick was initiated I decided to vote yes for it.

Then I realised the kick was actually the other way round, and I had just voted to kick DPS B out of the FP. After finishing the FP with A still in the group, I finally decided to put them on ignore (the only non-gold seller on there). It's just not worth getting them in an FP again.

Edited by TheRandomno

Red Reaper veteran FP, 3 Jedi shadows( lvl 38,49 & 69, im the lvl 69 dude) & one healer.We pass the first mobs, the healer just disappears. Being the highest level, i summoned Felix Iresso as a healer and we passed Lord sith pureblood dude, the droids and entered the elevator to big droid.

For some reason, one of the team members insisted we should re-check to find a fourth member, apparently he detested Felix and even called him " mentally handicapped". I re-checked us, we got a.. lvl 15 "tank".

Needless to say we wiped at the big droid, at the next stage, the one with Sith Mystics and soldiers and at the bridge. Finally, at Darth Ikoral, they just ignored my team posts aka "stun the adds", one was pushed over the edge, one killed in a single lightsaber blow and the third guy just running around in a chaotic way. I continued to fight and run to koltos , they were all "like let him kill you" and called me names.

Now there's the part where i've been the biggest a-hole ever, after killing Ikoral, i did not revived them. Not sure what happened next, i took my reward and left group.

A tank who, upon entering the Lair of the Eyeless, proceeded to pull every single add with no regard for their health or the fact that the only other person in the instance was me, one healer. And then pulled the boss without a ready check. Now I have tunnel-healed a tank holding double monsters on NiM Bestia but 30 rakghoul mobs on story mode was way too much. Should have made them pay my repair bill...