The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Got Red Reaper VM a couple days ago during 2x. I was on my 46 Sorc and matched with a 70 Jugg, 70 Marauder, and 70 BH healer.

We get to the first boss and everyone just stands around. I end up attacking first and we down him.

Get to the second boss and the exact same thing.

Final boss and, yep, you guessed it, same thing.

When you're in a group with no tank, why are you waiting for the squishy, much lower leveled Sorc to attack first?

The rare times I decide to PvE I only ever queue for MM FPs and on this particular day I decided to just get some quick CXP with Hammer Station MM. So I queue, and the tank is level 50 and there's a level 60-something Gunslinger. No biggie, I can keep them alive through Hammer Station.

BOY was I wrong. All the tank ever did was use their quick attack (they were a Vanguard) which meant the whole group kept taking a lot of damage. Okay fine, I guess I can just tell him to hold aggro on the first boss while the DPS slowly kill it. It isn't hard.

Nope, not happening. The moment we reach the big spider droid, the other level 70 Commando DPS immediately pulls and runs past the turn saying we need to LoS this boss. Tank agrees and goes behind him. I'm here alone with the Gunslinger trying to keep him alive. It works for a while but we die eventually. Next pull I don't go to the boss and try to get their attention through chat. No point, they started the fight without me. I ended up being the first to quit.

Edited by Mycroft-Tarkin

The rare times I decide to PvE I only ever queue for MM FPs and on this particular day I decided to just get some quick CXP with Hammer Station MM. So I queue, and the tank is level 50 and there's a level 60-something Gunslinger. No biggie, I can keep them alive through Hammer Station.

BOY was I wrong. All the tank ever did was use their quick attack (they were a Vanguard) which meant the whole group kept taking a lot of damage. Okay fine, I guess I can just tell him to hold aggro on the first boss while the DPS slowly kill it. It isn't hard.

Nope, not happening. The moment we reach the big spider droid, the other level 70 Commando DPS immediately pulls and runs past the turn saying we need to LoS this boss. Tank agrees and goes behind him. I'm here alone with the Gunslinger trying to keep him alive. It works for a while but we die eventually. Next pull I don't go to the boss and try to get their attention through chat. No point, they started the fight without me. I ended up being the first to quit.

I always wonder where these strange strategies that no one has ever heard of come from. LoS the spider droid? :rolleyes: It's even funnier that they said they NEED to LoS...like this is THE solution. I wish I could see a video of the one time this guy saw this "work" and what the chaos must have looked like that it couldn't have been done the way everyone else has been doing it for over half a decade.

I always wonder where these strange strategies that no one has ever heard of come from. LoS the spider droid? :rolleyes: It's even funnier that they said they NEED to LoS...like this is THE solution. I wish I could see a video of the one time this guy saw this "work" and what the chaos must have looked like that it couldn't have been done the way everyone else has been doing it for over half a decade.

I think it's to avoid the adds, never seen it done like that though. It's definitely pretty unnecessary. Just step to the side to avoid them, it's not that hard. :t_cool:

So, Manaan vet yesterday. The fully geared sniper somehow dies to the first boss. No big deal, just mild, undirected complaining in chat. Moving on. He's also 'tanking' Ortuno and it's going okay so far, a few close calls, but he lives. Until he decides to go for the one Kolto covered in puddles during the long cast. He wasn't even low. There were two other Koltos, but he runs into the water and dies. Immediately rage quits. :confused:

Hammer Station vet. Three dps, one tank. One of the dps keeps pulling on the way to the first boss, so the tank decides to go full Diva. Just standing there, doing nothing, 'watching how it goes' as he says. Fortunately his ego recovered at the first boss, otherwise that would've been a kick. I mean, I get it. I heal often enough to know that it can be frustrating when people don't let you do your job, but just crossing your arms and holding your breath isn't the way to go.

Also was helping out as a tank at the last boss of Nathema HM per request of the healer, because the tank before me and one dps had quit. I soon realized why: The remaining dps was doing his very best to run away with the link that heals the boss if you're not standing close. Good thing the healer is awesome, cause the other dps had to take the boss a few times while I was chasing after the other who apparently either didn't read the chat or didn't care. Round and round we went. I was cursing a lot. But we somehow did it first try anyway. :t_biggrin:

Edited by Padabiene

Hammer Station vet. Three dps, one tank. One of the dps keeps pulling on the way to the first boss, so the tank decides to go full Diva. Just standing there, doing nothing, 'watching how it goes' as he says. Fortunately his ego recovered at the first boss, otherwise that would've been a kick. I mean, I get it. I heal often enough to know that it can be frustrating when people don't let you do your job, but just crossing your arms and holding your breath isn't the way to go.

I agree on that for vet flashpoints, especially hammer station. But if a dps pulls in HM FP and I'm tanking, I'm out. Good luck getting a new tank from GF. It's my role to pull, and if I am not allowed to do my role, there's no reason to stay.

In vet mode fps, if a dps pulls, go ahead, but I'm not going to taunt. I'll join the fight doing dps too and will laugh behind the screen when the dps dies (they usually do). It never ceases to amuse me how stupid they can be, for running in first when there's a tank in the group. I guess they like paying repair bills? :rolleyes:

I agree on that for vet flashpoints, especially hammer station. But if a dps pulls in HM FP and I'm tanking, I'm out. Good luck getting a new tank from GF. It's my role to pull, and if I am not allowed to do my role, there's no reason to stay.

In vet mode fps, if a dps pulls, go ahead, but I'm not going to taunt. I'll join the fight doing dps too and will laugh behind the screen when the dps dies (they usually do). It never ceases to amuse me how stupid they can be, for running in first when there's a tank in the group. I guess they like paying repair bills? :rolleyes:

I dont even bother running tank for vet mode/tactical.

And in HM/MM FP if they pull... i will coordinate with the healer to let them die.

And in HM/MM FP if they pull... i will coordinate with the healer to let them die.

Tanks and healers are unfortunately taken for granted in Vet FPs from what I've seen.

Oh, we have a healer? Let's just pull all the mobs at once! If we die we can always blame him.

Exactly, I'll give them a warning or two, but if they continue, then I'll message the healer. Rarely the dps and the healer are in cahoots and so I just quit. I'm a tank, I'll get another queue almost instantly and it won't be with you because I'll be ignoring you.

An appropriate song, written for WoW, but fits all MMOs.

An appropriate song, written for WoW, but fits all MMOs.

"You pull it; you tank it" and this video immediately popped into my mind. This video, the

, and the
(applicable for any DPS AC done badly, not just Sentinels) always make me laugh.

I'm trying to relearn Medicine and Sawbones, and I took my Operative on Star Forge into the queue. Got Czerka Core Meltdown, with a 70 Marauder, 70 Juggernaut and low level Juggernaut. Everyone says hi, and the Marauder runs ahead of everyone else. I'm at level 35 at the start, so I don't have Exfiltrate yet. The other guys and I run to catch up. We kill some unnecessary mobs, and the consoles haven't been clicked. I'm waiting for someone to say "by the way, I'm new to this one". I take the consoles into my own hands and we head to the jungle boss first. Marauder pulls, and the low level Jugg taunts off them, keeping the boss in the middle of the arena. The higher level Juggernaut is unable to help because they pulled before he entered the arena. Meanwhile, I'm trying my best to heal, but I'm getting stunned. One of the times I'm stunned, I ask, "are you new?". No reply, despite all of us being stunned at intervals. I run to a kolto station, and I die from AOE. I look at the time, and I realize I should head to bed because I have to work the next day. Soon as I long onto the fleet, the low level Jugg whispers me.

Jugg: why the **** did you leave, ****head?!

Me:...because you were clearly new and ignore my question.

Jugg: not everyone has done everything in this game! You should be more patient with new people.

I should note he and the higher level Jugg were guildmates. I hope not all guild members act like that.

Hammer Station, vet. Get a rare trinity group. Lvl 60 jugg tank, lvl 50 op healer, lvl 70 sorc and yours truly, lvl 70 merc.

Tank immediately guards the healer, then promptly runs to the the right to start to clear the trash. I'll wait right here while you work out the left and right sides of the beginning of Hammer Station.

Are you back? Yes, so now you can see, we're off to a cracking start.

We get to the spider tank boss and wait for the tank to pull. And wait, and wait, and wait....

Me: So, tank, you gonna pull and start this or what?

Tank: You're the group leader, you're supposed to pull.

Heals: That's not really how it works. You're the tank, you pull.

Tank: I'm not the group leader. Group leader pulls.

Me (internally): Ugh, fiiiiiinne. I can do this FP on master mode with just me and a comp, I can faceroll it on vet.

Usually, I'm a good little DPS. I won't pull if there's a tank, and I won't use kolto if there's a healer. But in this case, since the tank has decided that as I have been designated the group leader, I should pull. So, I pull. And tank the boss. Healer is awesome, by the way, cleansing at all the right times, I don't dip below 95%.

Boss dies.

Tank: Why the hell did you do that? If you want to tank, roll a tank.

Me: Wait, what?

Tank: I queued as tank, I should tank the bosses.

Heals: Then pull the goddam bosses.

Tank: Group leader pulls.

Me: If you don't want me getting aggro, guard me.

Tank: Healers get guard.

Heals: I can stealth out if I get aggro, guard a DPS.

Tank: Healers get guarded.

I make the tank group leader. He makes me group leader. I make him group leader again. We spend all the time clearing the trash to the next boss playing Group Leader Ping Pong. I give up.

This also happens not only with Vorgan, and also for the two cannons before the bridge (Attack the CC'ed one? Well, why the *bleep* not?). It's apparently the fault of myself and the sorc, because we're making it hard for him to tank. Hard. To. Tank. In Hammer Station. VETEREN Hammer Station. I don't know what we were doing wrong. Breathing, probably.

And now we're at Kreshan and the tank is waiting for the group leader to pull. And now my vindictive side has rocked up to the party. I whisper the healer and ask him not to heal the tank. The healer gets what I'm about to do and moves to one side. Sorc has cottoned on to what's going to happen and moves as well. I run straight through Kreshan, triggering combat and starting him off with his signature move - Sweeping Gunfire - right onto Darth Snowflake.

Snowflake is enraged by this and types out all kinds of different adjectives describing both myself and my mother, but has failed to notice his health dropping like a stone. He dies.

The rest of us kill Kreshan, use the console finish the FP. We say our goodbyes and exit the FP, leaving the tank hugging the floor and raging at all of us.

Was I petty? Probably, yes. Do I care? Absolutely not. Welcome to my ignore list, Darth Snowflake, enjoy your stay.

Was I petty? Probably, yes. Do I care? Absolutely not. Welcome to my ignore list, Darth Snowflake, enjoy your stay.

It sounds like he deserved it. :t_biggrin:

Nathema vet the other day. All 70s, one healer, one well geared Jugg, the rest of us in 230/236s. Not important, just before that I cleared the last boss with my Mara and another Jugg, while the other two (low lvls) were dead. So how hard can it be?

It goes well up until the last boss, even though the Jugg seems a tad impatient when something's not going his way, but whatever. Gemini, first pull. The Jugg accidently runs off the platform, the healer can't keep up, we wipe. Second pull. No one goes flying, but the healer dies, one of the dps spends his time jumping around a Kolto that doesn't work. We wipe.

We all rez, we run back - the Jugg's not moving. We wait. And wait. We poke him. After ten minutes he starts leaving the phase - without saying a word - and then group. I start pestering a guild mate to join us, the other dps suggests a heal comp. I point out we do have a healer. Healer leaves the FP. We had a healer.

He stays in group though, but doesn't say a word either. So I start a vote kick to be able to requeue properly. It goes through, the healer is not amused and whispers me a nice word (we sorted it out later though, I apologized, he hopefully realized that leaving the phase didn't look like he wanted to continue).

We get two other 70 dps and clear Gemini.

On to Vinn. The remaining dps from the original group, a Sniper, stresses to stay close when linked, he doesn't want the boss to be healed all the time. Sure, who does anyway? I suggest to move together out of the circles clockwise.

We pull and it's a mess. Not sure if they've never seen a clock that's not digital, but that sure wasn't clockwise. On top of that it's the Sniper of all people who happily rolls away whenever linked to the poor Mara, who in the end gets blamed for the failure. Of course it's the dps staying on the boss all the time that's not staying close enough...?

They all leave me, I get two guildmates to join me and finally finish that dreaded run. :t_rolleyes:

Just a few minutes ago I read from guild chat that Nathema Hm is easier than Nathema Veteran ... "or they did something wrong with the boss' self-healing". It sounded as if they failed, but always succeed in HM. I haven't played that FP yet, but still I'm curuious now : Is that true ? Is HM / Master really easier than Veteran ?

Just a few minutes ago I read from guild chat that Nathema Hm is easier than Nathema Veteran ... "or they did something wrong with the boss' self-healing". It sounded as if they failed, but always succeed in HM. I haven't played that FP yet, but still I'm curuious now : Is that true ? Is HM / Master really easier than Veteran ?

Speaking from personal experience, they are equally difficult. In HM you normally have a Tank and Heal, all level 70 with >242 item level. Which makes the feel easier.

Got a pop for HM Kaon with my Sniper. Zone in, tank runs ahead of everyone. Inspect him, he's wearing gear with no mods. One dps left for some reason(possibly that reason), and the healer and I asked why the **** he wasn't wearing any modded gear. Got ignored, wiped on a mob(I should note he was barely using a rotation). I added him to my ignore list and left.

My Marauder got a pop for HM Athiss. Inspect the tank, he's mostly blue 230s and no set bonus. I'm in mostly tier 2 and 3 gear, so I'm pulling off him. Hell, the level 66 Assassin is pulling off him. I pretty much tanked the first boss, and I noticed he's not using Crushing Blow or Backhand. Needless to say, the second boss is a struggle. I play Immortal and Defense a lot, so I offer him some advice. Tank is listening, but after he goes AFK for a bit, the healer and I agree we're not going to hold his hand through this and leave.

I decided to dual spec my Sage and got her healing gear. She's my first Seer Sage, but I love playing Corruption Sorcerer, so I practiced with my abilities a bit to get the hang of it(everything is green instead of purple and green ;) ). Queued, got HM Cademimu. Zone in, say hi. We're all waiting, and waiting, and waiting on the tank to pull.

Me: Are you ready?

Tank: you sure you can heal this? :/

(This is Cademimu. Not Blood Hunt, not Manaan, and of course she's not even qualified to get the three new ones as a pop.)

Me: ....I have my full purple 230s.

A DPS: This is one of the easier ones. We'll be fine.

And shockingly, we were! :p

People who do Nathema in HM know how the boss heals and deal with it accordingly. People who do Nathema in Vet run around like chickens with their asses on fire. Go figure.

I don't think so, because it seemed to be a guild run. The guild members involved there know both difficulties.

They did fail at Veteran, though. Two of them were holding the opinion that HM was easier, one of both was Healer.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I don't think so, because it seemed to be a guild run. The guild members involved there know both difficulties.

They did fail at Veteran, though. Two of them were holding the opinion that HM was easier, one of both was Healer.

That doesn't add up though. You'd read a lot more complaints about Nathema Vet. Sure, the last boss can be tough if mechanics are ignored, but that's it. A group clearing the FP on HM should have absolutely no problems with Vet. I'm actually confused how they managed to fail. :t_eek:

We did one Nathema Master mode run only 2 ppl with 2 companions. I did a groupfinder run where healer dced and tank used his healing companion, but the tank was in dps spec. Yesterday during the day I did one quick run where we were 3 dps and 1 heal ( i qued as tank but said ill stay dps), 1 person from that group was 1st time in the FPS. So yeah, Master mode isnt hard and you can skip most trash if a stealther is in group.

• 3 weeks later...

Met an 'Odd' player last day. Had Hammer Station vet with full merc squad. Lv 20, Lv 34, Lv 70 (Me Dps), Lv 70 (Heal). As highest dps I had to 'tank' the boss but during all three boss fights around 30% boss health mark, the healer would stop healing me and let me die from my full or so health. :confused:

Not sure what I did to make the guy mad as I never had this kind of encounter, ofcourse like the norm ppl dont speak to one another as well, all my typing was in vein and had to count 45000 creds in repair afterwards.. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I tanked KP groupfinder on my powertech. One of the mara’s kept pulling before the tank. On the rancor aggro was all over the place (as that boss is taunt immune).

Later I mentioned in chat to no one in particular: please stop pulling before the tank. It is not very respectful. His response: bla bla.

On the droid boss he start wandering off up the walkway because someone pulled before me.

After that I was fed up so I figured Id get my revenge on Karagga himself.

Mr Mara pulled again and this time I let him tank, I only dpsed from the side. Ofc he died swiftly (unsure if the healers realized what I was doing and stopped healing him. His gear was pretty bad anyway). He started ranting and raving in chat. My response: maybe that will teach you not to pull before the tank anymore. His response: teach your mom. I just told him: one for the ignore list to which someone else said: I agree. We killed the boss shortly afterwards.

And another one:

Same powertech, but this time as dps. EV HM. No issues till pylons.

On the pylons we wiped twice. Only afterwards we realized one of the mercs had climbed on top of the pylon on the left side, and was just standing there doing absolutely nothing. He was not afk or anything cause he had clicked ready.

When we told him to stop trolling and come down, he activated the fight and dropped group. Really weird.

Had a weird one a few days ago.

I'm on my baby smuggler, and of course I roll Manaan for the GF Intro. Rest are high lv, including a mando healer. I had one or two small deaths but we proceeded quickly.

We get to the shield droids, and I get a vote kick. No reason, but it doesn't go through. We down the droids and we get to Ortuno. Somewhere in between I get another vote kick. think I also died during the droids, but a rez and we're off folks.

Ortuno time. We one shot the guy :eek: 3 of us got got in the puddle and we wiped, but the mando healer manages to wittle him down and the adds for victory.

This is where it gets weird.

The healer rage quits. Puts in all caps DPS SHOOT S*** I HEAL and he drops group! :eek:

Then the other dps quite, then I followed suit shortly afterwards. The lone soundral (if memory recalls) still waiting by the door for the last boss.

I return to fleet basically headscratching at this point. WTH? :confused:

Had a weird one a few days ago.

I'm on my baby smuggler, and of course I roll Manaan for the GF Intro. Rest are high lv, including a mando healer. I had one or two small deaths but we proceeded quickly.

We get to the shield droids, and I get a vote kick. No reason, but it doesn't go through. We down the droids and we get to Ortuno. Somewhere in between I get another vote kick. think I also died during the droids, but a rez and we're off folks.

Ortuno time. We one shot the guy :eek: 3 of us got got in the puddle and we wiped, but the mando healer manages to wittle him down and the adds for victory.

This is where it gets weird.

The healer rage quits. Puts in all caps DPS SHOOT S*** I HEAL and he drops group! :eek:

Then the other dps quite, then I followed suit shortly afterwards. The lone soundral (if memory recalls) still waiting by the door for the last boss.

I return to fleet basically headscratching at this point. WTH? :confused:

my guess is that he was angry because you were using kolto stations

my guess is that he was angry because you were using kolto stations

Maybe it's just me, but people are so sensitive these days. They drop to 75% health and they hit the kolto. It's one thing if I'm on a low level healer, or I'm trying to bring someone up from low health or running low on resources. But geez, give me a chance!

Anyways, queued my Sentinel(53) on Darth Malgus and got Czerka Corporate Labs with a Seer Sage(69), Vigilance Guardian(70 and in tier 3 gear but with only part set bonus) and fellow Sentinel(43). Should be easy, right? First boss takes forever, because only the other Sentinel and I are using a rotation. Guardian is basically doing Plasma Brand and Blade Storm on cool down, if that much. Everything else is is Saber Strike. He kept running ahead of us and actually pulled the second boss with only me in the room with him. The Sage and the other Sentinel were locked out of the room. I /stuck, hoping he'd get the hint. Nope. He kept fighting with an awful rotation. The boss actually enraged. The group ended up disbanding. I whispered the healer that while I thought they did great, I wasn't going to deal with an idiot like that.