The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

T6 does indeed have a cleave. Though it's less apparent in SM, in HM and especially NiM it can completely wreck a group.

yeah I just checked my parse from the last time I tanked it and looks like it does have it. this is why I try to avoid tanking :(

I just assume that all bosses have a cleave of some sort. And even if they don't, is there an actual advantage to standing next to the tank as opposed to anywhere else?

Not really except if some really weird mechanic is present, and I can't think of one in SWTOR.

"Boss has cleave" is a great rule of thumb, especially after other MMOs where the side you hit the boss from can affect your dps and whatnot.

UPD: The only OK person in the whole raid was the sorc healer. Let's give him a thumbs up! :w_cool:

Edited by Lodinn

in coeptus conlide

[Hacked together with a latin dictionary and my rusty latin grammar. Conlido = crush/batter. Coeptus = beginning [4th decl]. Conlide is the imperative form. Not the best, but it sort of works.]

Death is the best CC ;)

For reals thou, maybe its that often CC'd enemies are target marked, and folks take that as command to attack.

Death is the best CC ;)

For reals thou, maybe its that often CC'd enemies are target marked, and folks take that as command to attack.

It doesn't help that BW made generic icons for marks. The only one that has a clear meaning is the target. Most other mmos have 1,2,3,4,5.. + cc icons but no, we are swtor, we need lightsabers and lightnings.

HI guys,

(sry, english isnt my first language and i probably get all the classes wrong ;-))

on GF FP stood really out for me.

It was a while back, probably six month ago..

1 DD 65 Sith Sorcerer (Guild 1)

1 Tank 65 Sith Warrior (Guild 1)

1 DD around 50 (cant remeber his class)

and me, Sith Heal 55

FP Assault on Tython, 01:00 GMT

Group Finder Windows opens and i mention, that I havent played this FP before, so i say hello tell them that i am new to this FP. 65DD replies "Hi and yes" thats all. "Fine" i think and i am looking forward to this.

So we start at the beginning, the two dd rush forward into the first groups. I ran after trying to heal and i am able to save the 65DD. the other dd and i die, but hey, i'm trying to learn the fp.

So i ask again what's special in this FP and got no reply. 65DD waited till we get back and we manage to the first or second boss. So before the boss we have to wait for the tank cause he is a "bit" slow. Turned out he walks all the time. He doesnt run, he walks...

I ask why he does that and his buddy (65DD) explains that they both tink it's funny.... well...

In the meantime the 50DD quits without a word (i wished i did the same...) and the Tank is leader of the group. But instead of listing he does nothing. So it's 3 against the rest.

Somehow we make it to the endboss (felt like a whole day) and now the find a fourth player. Tunrs out he was in the same guild as the other two. Just before we fight it asked what i should expect and as always no reply.

"OK" i think, I'll manage this somehow. (Note: At the beginning of this FP i rearrenged some of my skills and forgot to lock it).

So the Endbos starts and it feels like i am loosing health all the time. But i managed to stay alive and also heal my group. Well almost all of my group, somehow i couldnt save the tank and he bites the dust. OK, 3 against one, maybe we make it and we manage to beat him. But in order to do so, i have to run from one spot to another, from one healing station to another, constantly moving around. I tried to resurrect him but i cant find the skill.:(. I havent used it before because there was no need for it in the other FPs (OK, thats my fault. After the battle i apologize and tried to explain this).

Tunrs out we have to walk a little bit the last talking point and right before we all arrive there guess what happens?

Right! I got kicked by the group. I was the worst Heal they have ever seen, i shouldnt play this game anymore, etc.

And i still dont really know what i did wrong.

****** guild members.

I get that i should have resurrect the dead Tank at the end, but i tried to explain why i messed up. I managed to get though most of the FP without any1 dying (Like i said me and DD died at the beginning) and after the DD left, we were three and no one died untill the endboss...

(sorry for my bad english)

(after reading this post, i will edit it later... ;-)

Edited by DarkSenton

yeah I just checked my parse from the last time I tanked it and looks like it does have it. this is why I try to avoid tanking :(

Yeah it shows up in the log as "exploding bomb" or "explosive"-something or something like that. It's the move he does that looks like a curtsy. It's most noticeable when a tank AoE taunts the adds next to T6 and the other tank doesn't single-taunt back, as it tends to happen in that window of time. If you are looking to see what it looks like it happens in the first 5 seconds of the fight or so.

Thing is though, T6 has a pretty massive hitbox. I generally try to stay ~ 3M from a boss I tank and I notice the melee are always waaaaay closer than me. It's not a major deal but it is one of those entirely avoidable damage situations.

regardless, this video is epic. still over 80% at the 2nd jump ftw. gg

Tunrs out we have to walk a little bit the last talking point and right before we all arrive there guess what happens?

Right! I got kicked by the group. I was the worst Heal they have ever seen, i shouldnt play this game anymore, etc.

And i still dont really know what i did wrong.

****** guild members.

I get that i should have resurrect the dead Tank at the end, but i tried to explain why i messed up. I managed to get though most of the FP without any1 dying (Like i said me and DD died at the beginning) and after the DD left, we were three and no one died untill the endboss...

(sorry for my bad english)

(after reading this post, i will edit it later... ;-)

You don't really need healers for tactical FPs so that alone is enough to classify those guys as idiots (not to mention their overall behaviour). You did nothing wrong. :)

Edited by Deluxe_

It all starts out nice and innocent.

I find a group for tfb. A little in, we start to notice how our Sin-DPS in dps gear seems to have a habit to aggro. We tell him not to, he stops.

But then we took a closer look at him, and realize he has dark charge turned on. We tell him to turn it off and switch to something else. He does not know how, or to what he is supposed to change, and his lack of English cant be countered by even the most detailed explaining. We decide to go with it, and just pull him through, already fearing operator.

Through lots of jumping and shouting his name, we could convince him to take blue and channel the console, and tell him to just stick with me for everything else, like damaging cores. Miraciously, we beat operator at the first try, and even without explaining, he somehow realized he has to step in the circle with his colour.

We finish, and I hope to never see the guy in a pug again.

But oh no. Come the next day, I decide to go for ravagers. I search, and the first group that wants me has the same guy in it.

I think fine, what can happen, just pull him through again.

I dont call him out or anything, just said: hey, we did tfb together last night, remember?

He whispers me and says "yes, where do I get pvp gear?"

I tell him where, and compliment him that he somehow found lightning charge now, and think, maybe this will go better.

Until I realize that my group plans to use him as a DwT. Thats fine for the first few bosses.

Enter Master and Blaster.

He is supposed to taunt master. The first two tries, he simply fails to realize that master spawned.

On the third, he manages to taunt him, but steps in **** and dies instantly.

We all know this is not going to end well - and while we're recovering and I switch to a tank, we take a look at his gear. 3 set pieces of finest operative gear.

As a sin.

After defeating the last boss, he rolls for the MH and gets the highest roll - luckily he already got a token from that ops, cause we were afraid he just might buy a blaster with it.

So, "hybrid" builds were removed a while ago?

Tell that to the sorcerer I met in tactical Manaan a few days ago... He was listed as a healer. He DPS'd. And he ran headlong into every mob and grabbed all the aggro...IN MELEE RANGE...and healed himself and only himself after combat was over.

*strangled squeaky noises of disbelief????*

He got kicked by the other two (highly competent) members of the group. Reason: NOT A HEALER. The kick went through so quickly I didn't even have time to click on it.

Amazingly, we went on (after getting a replacement, a marauder, and then another replacement DPS merc after another member of the group had to leave) to plow through Manaan as an all-DPS group. We died once on Ortuno. Came back the second time, the merc and marauderp (he wasn't great...) died fairly quickly, and then it was just me with my sniper and a very competent DPS-sorcerer, and we actually killed Ortuno with just the two of us. As a side-note, I learned to not panic and use kolto tanks. Yay.

(And then, a few hours later, I was on the fleet with my sniper and saw the healer-DPS-tank sorc from earlier. I just kind of hid in the corner and hoped he didn't notice me. Apparently, he didn't. Did I mention he was level 65?)

Did I mention he was level 65?)

well, that was probably why he was starting combat, especially if he was the only 65 of the group. It's kind of expected. And kicking someone from a tactical FP because they queue as healers but dps instead is a bit exaggerated, don't you think? There are kolto stations for a reason, you don't need a healer and Manaan has kolto barrels all over the place so you really don't need a healer :)

well, that was probably why he was starting combat, especially if he was the only 65 of the group. It's kind of expected. And kicking someone from a tactical FP because they queue as healers but dps instead is a bit exaggerated, don't you think? There are kolto stations for a reason, you don't need a healer and Manaan has kolto barrels all over the place so you really don't need a healer :)

While I agree to an extent, as a player who actually is a healer and therefore queues as a healer (not as dps) i take great offense to those who are obviously just queuing as healer to increase their chances of a group... yeah if you are going to queue as a healer, you should actually BE a healer.

We were all level 65.

If he had tried to keep everyone alive - or at the very least, thrown out some heals now and again (as the DPS-sorcerer and mercenary did, occasionally) - then I would have protested the vote kick, not seeing any logic behind it. Guy's trying his best, right? But he refused to do even that. He didn't even heal himself during combat - only out of it, and then *only* himself. So that, and his running into melee range to flail his saber at the enemy, got him kicked.

Edited by Jagaimee
"behind," not "behing." I blame nervousness over the end of school. THE ROOT OF ALL PROBLEMS.

While I agree to an extent, as a player who actually is a healer and therefore queues as a healer (not as dps) i take great offense to those who are obviously just queuing as healer to increase their chances of a group... yeah if you are going to queue as a healer, you should actually BE a healer.

Queuing as healer/dps/tank has no effect on the chances for a pop in TFP - the system just gets the first 4 people in the queue and makes them a party.

yeah but, when i came back a month ago, first FP i did with my BH, i was ...healer with Arsenal spec :p so i /quit, it's because people don't check their char when they qe, you can choose your role right ^^, if you can have multiple role, like Sin/BH/Sorc etc.. it's automatic , all roles are checked , few days ago was lvling my Sin and we had a Sorc healer , lvl 15.. he doesn't even now he can heal or dps with his skills^^

already said here but i've seen in Manaan a sorc spé lightning who was fighting with his lightsaber only ....lvl 62

Edited by karmaann

You do not need to queue as a heal in tactical to get a faster pop.

I have been on a relaxed side of the fence for some time. But after many PUGs I understood that while a new player who talks and listens deserves help, time, respect and patience, the silent lemmings who wipe a team again and again... They are better replaced.

On my sorcerer I go into GF with DPS and heal roles checked. While waiting, I run around killing stuff, which is faster done as DPS. Then I get a HM GF pop, I switch to heal if it's my role before zoning in. If it's tactical, and I am flagged as a heal, I will look at the group: are there is another healer? What kind of FP we got? I will ask if the group ok with me staying as DPS. It's not that hard to do so :)

Edited by RandomName_Ru

On my sorcerer I go into GF with DPS and heal roles checked. While waiting, I run around killing stuff, which is faster done as DPS. Then I get a HM GF pop, I switch to heal if it's my role before zoning in. If it's tactical, and I am flagged as a heal, I will look at the group: are there is another healer? What kind of FP we got? I will ask if the group ok with me staying as DPS. It's not that hard to do so :)

Same here. On merc it's a little trickier though - i can't count the number of fps i've done while respeccing to heals but forgetting to change the cylinder.

Just had an interesting tfp run. I get a pop for blood hunt on my 65 jugg tank with a 40-something mara, 59 sniper and 58 jugg dps.

We make our way to the first boss and I pull. I quickly lose aggro to the jugg dps, but quickly taunt back. Adds spawn and I solo them while all 3 dps tunnel-vision the boss and I lose aggro to the jugg again. Once I have killed the adds I taunt the boss back again, and quickly lose aggro.

I'm starting to feel abit embarrassed, it seems my months off have left me rusty, I cant even keep aggro off a dps 7 levels lower than me. I watch closely and lose aggro again. It turns out the jugg dps is taunting the boss. I keep taunting back and, judging by how often I have to taunt back it seems this jugg dps is taunting on CD. We kill the boss and I look at the jugg dps buff bar. I assume hes probably a tank who has forgotten to tick the tank box, cant think of any other reason for them to taunt on CD.

Upon looking at this guys bar I see he isn't in any stance at all, at level 58. I decide I cant be bothered explaining things at the moment and, judging by how easy the first boss was it seems BH has had one hell of a nerf, so it wont matter anyway.

We complete the 3 challenges and get to jos and vaulk. The jugg dps taunts on CD so I let him die (doesn't take long), holding aggro is much easier after that. At final phase I get hit with an unlucky combo from the boss mechanics and am dead before I can get to the kolto's (it was vaulk stun, jos flame jump, vaulk red circles thing, and some strong hit from jos which I assume is something to do with the stacks he puts on his target). I lie there watching the sniper and mara fight. The maras rotation is basic -> basic -> basic whilst ignoring all mechanics. The snipers rotation is ambush -> kite mechanics while spamming rifle shot -> ambush -> kite and rifle shot.

The really surprising bit is, after the mara dies and its just the sniper and vaulk (jos was on 0% when I died) I see the sniper shoot vaulk with ambush. You know those times where an enemy has so much health that the percentage text on the hp bar doesn't even change. That's what happened. The sniper hits vaulk with an ambush and vaulks hp goes from 29% to 29%. A couple of rifle shots later he fires another ambush taking vaulk from 28% to 27%. All credit to him, he does take the boss all the way from 29% to 26% before dieing. That may not sound impressive but with this guys dps output that was at least 40 seconds, maybe even verging on a minute.

We wipe, mara quits and sniper requeues us. I ask the other 2 if they fancy doing things properly now, and when asked what I mean by the sniper (they are in the same guild as the jugg who doesn't speak english) I suggest the jugg switches on a stance and stops taunting and that the sniper uses penetrating shots and snipes in his rotation. We get a sin tank replacement and while waiting for them to load in I check the snipers gear, because a less than 1% ambush is strange considering he is bolstered. Turns out he is stacked out in defence rating. Before I get a chance to mention gearing to this guy the sin is there and ready to go.

We beat jos and vaulk (me and the sin do, the jugg dps died before vaulk even came down and the sniper got caught by the red circles in last phase) and the sin tank says "damage seems abit slow" to which I reply "yeah, neither of them seem to have rotations and the snipers gear is abit off the mark" at the same time that the sniper writes "I am the only person with any decent damage output here."

I make a snarky comment about the fact that his most powerful ability (I think ambush is the most powerful single hit mm ability not including penetrating shots as that's multiple ticks) does less than 1% boss health. I was going to mention that defence rating is not really a dps stat but his attitude in replying (throwing a tantrum) makes me think explaining the game to him would be falling on deaf ears.

We head to torch, jugg dies 4 GCD's after the floor first opens up and sniper sits in the orange dfa circle and dies. The boss has 89% hp and both dps are dead. Me and the sin tank kill it, loot and finish up, but not before the sniper has tried to vote kick me for "being a jerk."

Edited by BobFredJohn

As others have said, Tact FP doesn't care about your roll, it just grabs whatever and goes.

The reason why healer symbol show ups is because that class can "off heal" so technically it can fill a heal nitch if needed be but not in the truest sense obviously.

If you don't want to be disappointed then do what I do and just assume that everyone in the FP is DPS spec and play like everyone is DPS spec, because 9/10 that person with the heal symbol is just a DPS spec anyways...same with tanks, don't ever assume just because it shows the tanks symbol hes a tank, 9/10 just a tank in DPS gear and stance...

The reason why healer symbol show ups is because that class can "off heal" so technically it can fill a heal nitch if needed be but not in the truest sense obviously.

Actually, the reason why the healer symbol shows up is because the player has the "Healer" role selected in the Group Finder Window. The same applies to the Tank symbol.

The game will not place the symbol on a player just because their class can heal or tank. The player has to have the role selected.

Just had an interesting tfp run. I get a pop for blood hunt on my 65 jugg tank with a 40-something mara, 59 sniper and 58 jugg dps.

Haha good one!

Sad thing is most of the fps pops are like this. My advice, dont do Tactical fps at all! I am just doing HM fps for the achievments and have enough stress with that.

Actually, the reason why the healer symbol shows up is because the player has the "Healer" role selected in the Group Finder Window. The same applies to the Tank symbol.

The game will not place the symbol on a player just because their class can heal or tank. The player has to have the role selected.

Exactly.

In any case - choosing role and not following it is a sign of disrespect to your teammates and inability to understand BASIC rules of MMORPG's.

Those people must be punished by always tanking in DPS spec and being healed by DPS classes. Period.