The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

It doesn't mean coward, it means stupid. I think its a derogatory term for a type of medical issue, don't know which one.

Ah you're right, I got it mixed up with craven. Still don't see how the term applied in that FP run, but I do appreciate the irony in my own misunderstanding of it : )

So here i am, lvl 65 powertech, 216 augmented gears. I check up for a tactical flashpoint, got sent to Mandalorian Raiders. The other 3 members : one 34 semi-afk marauder, 2 lvl 65 sorcerers. At dogmaster Braxx, they all die, leaving me to kill a dog and Braxx. Hard to do it alone, but not impossible. At the elevator ( i sliced it) they just go berserk on the droids and die again, accusing me of cheating because i survived. The marauder leaves squad. I check for a replacement, we get a lvl 16 sniper, he attacks the cc-ed turret ( !) , dies and leaves squad as well. I summon Mako to heal, but the sorcerers DEMAND a replacement. I ignore them, kill the turrets, kill Mavrix Varad and thats it. I ress the sorcerers before leaving so they can collect their 208 piece, get even more curses. The end of my adventure, lol.

So here i am, lvl 65 powertech, 216 augmented gears. I check up for a tactical flashpoint, got sent to Mandalorian Raiders. The other 3 members : one 34 semi-afk marauder, 2 lvl 65 sorcerers. At dogmaster Braxx, they all die, leaving me to kill a dog and Braxx. Hard to do it alone, but not impossible. At the elevator ( i sliced it) they just go berserk on the droids and die again, accusing me of cheating because i survived. The marauder leaves squad. I check for a replacement, we get a lvl 16 sniper, he attacks the cc-ed turret ( !) , dies and leaves squad as well. I summon Mako to heal, but the sorcerers DEMAND a replacement. I ignore them, kill the turrets, kill Mavrix Varad and thats it. I ress the sorcerers before leaving so they can collect their 208 piece, get even more curses. The end of my adventure, lol.

Wait! You rezzed them so they could get the stuff they richly deserved to not get, and they cussed you out? Ungrateful wretches.

Yes, I understand that part. It was them cursing you that got me.

Their problem was .. "why use Mako when we could have re-checked for a replacement?" . Well i lost 7 minutes killing Braxx and one dog alone, a powertech cannot battle ressurect a fallen team mate. Then, the droids on the bridge. Then the turrets. I really have no idea if rank 50 Mako can replace a healer, all i wanted was to finish the flashpoint.

Tactical assault on tython, my 65 sniper, a 64 merc dps, 52 mara dps and 46 jugg tank (who had queued as dps so I didn't realise).

I take a while to load in and by the time I have the other 3 have started the first pull, that one near the bridge on which the first tower thing is. In the time it takes me to get from spawn to that pull 2 of the die, 1 is down to 4% and I get there to see 2 strongs and a standard still alive. I have not done tython in a while but from what I remember that pull is I think 3 strongs and 2 or 3 standards. I mop up the pull as the 1 remaining person dies.

The mara is calling for res, I res the merc (because they are the only person who's res has no CD) which annoys the mara and they start typing in caps that I should "read the damn chat." Rather pointless really because if I wasn't reading the chat I would not have read the text telling me to read it.

Once merc is up they heal up - not recharge and reload, no, they spam whatever the name is of the cast heal that dps mercs get. Once they hit 90% or so the pull the group next to the objective with the mara and jugg on the floor. The merc proceeds to melt, really fast. I finish the pull and explain my res is on CD they will have to med centre and run back.

While they do that I blow up the objective and set off for another one. The other 3 take the long way round and finally get to where I am. We are at the bridge with the champion droid on it. I slice the champ droid then start working on other enemies in the pull when the jugg leaps straight for the champ and dies. We finish the pull, do the objective, mara resses jugg and we get the third objective. I set off on route to skip the trash up to first boss.

The other 3 follow me, we start first boss and it becomes apparent these 3 have never done this mission before. When adds show up its only me placing the orbitals on top of them to remove shields. The merc ignores adds entirely. On the second round of adds the merc and jugg die and its me and the mara 2-manning the boss from 60%. We beat it then try to res the other 2, but both our resses are still on CD so I tell them to med centre and run back.

They do and on the way the jugg picks up a group of enemies. I see the combat symbol and red dots on the map so run towards them and get to work. The mara stays where they are and merc and jugg both just carry on running. Luckily the pull is 2 strongs and 2 standards so no biggie, I finish up and mention "it would be nice if you fought the stuff you pulled rather than getting me to do it for you."

We carry on and get to second boss. All the way up to it I have been amazed at the rate this jugg and merc lose hp. We start second boss, I have a droid on me, the mara and jugg are on another and the merc has gold fever so tunnel-visions the boss. This is when I realise the merc has no idea what the kolto stations do and doesn't seem to realise they have healing abilities.

an example of how bad this merc is:

At one point the boss stealths out after beating on our mara, who presses kolto and heals whole group back to full, we down the droids and boss reappears on me. Now I have my discipline points spent in such a way as to make my shield probe OP. It can absorb more damage than normal, has a shorter CD than normal and heals me for 5% when it wears off (either times out or from damage absorbed). When the boss attacks me I wait until I am down to 95% then pop shield probe. It absorbs all damage from then until the boss stealths out, then wears off while fighting the droids and heals me that 5%. Essentially the boss did no damage to me through the correct use of a DCD.

Next round the boss is attacking the merc. The merc goes from 100% to 22% in the time it takes me to do (procced) ambush, followthrough, penetrating shots, followthrough, snipe. I press the kolto, merc regains some hp, then goes back down to low hp so mara presses a kolto, then the merc is back down to 8% by the time the boss stealths out. The merc went from 100% to 8% with 2 kolto station uses in the time it takes the second boss of tython to appear then stealth out.

This is the point at which I realise the jugg is a tank. The boss is back on me again and I notice the jugg using crushing blow. Now I know they are a tank I am curious just how they manage to take so much damage. After the fight I check their gear. Its all tank gear except a dps headpiece and the offhand glitch means it wont show up. I therefore ask the jugg what offhand they are using, shield or focus. They reply "focus, so I do more damage." I point out to them that 13 of their 14 pieces of gear have shield, absorb or both and he tells me "that's for survivability, its normal for a tank, I assume you never tanked before?"

I am laughing too much to reply, instead I complete the FP in almost silence, though I do notice the tank and merc both seem to be attracted to harmful red stuff on the floor like a pedo to a daycare centre so I suggest to them both that red is bad (I also mention purple is very much the same as red after the merc dies in final boss).

I had intended to quit without saying anything (if a group is utterly hopeless I wont bother saying goodbye) but end up writing something simply based off the fact that both the merc and the mara wrote "good group, shall we do another together." I made up some crap about guild ops run and quit group fast.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Bob I've read some of your posts from back when you took BS from being new on TRE and seriously you're too nice.

The tanking gear with a focus? Hope he stacked defense lol...

And pulling and waiting for others to carry... I'm a helper but really this begs to be called out and ditched.

Oh my - i need to come and confess my sins immediately, before someone else comes to rat me out here. :)

Preface: i'm just finished leveling a shadow tank. I'm brand spanking new to tanking, but i'm trying to learn more and get better. I recently tanked most of KP in a guild run, and it went really well, but i'm still nervous to try it with pugs.

So KP SM on group finder, i'm specced as Serenity (which i know well) with my DPS gear on. Just before the first boss (in fact AFTER we've killed the cats and Bonethrasher is staring down at us) our tank mysteriouly quits. We requeue and decide to 7-man it for now since a tank doesn't make much difference for this boss. We lose one dps in the acid bath, and then some more later, finally it was down to 2 DPS and one healer to do the last, i don't know, 20%. Amazingly he didn't enrage, and we got him down at last.

Interesting and fun run so far.

So i nervously offer to switch to tank because it'll be quicker to find replacement DPS and i have actually tanked this before. The group isn't giving me time to respec, forging ahead through the trash. Finally we get to Jarg & Sorno, and i finish switching Disciplines and reassigning Utility points, switching out all my gear, and finally rearranging my quickbars how i want them for tanking. I'm nervous but i tell them i'm ready.

I was not ready.

We're still 7-manning it at this point, but we go ahead and engage. I notice i'm having some trouble keeping aggro on one or both bosses. I wasn't solo tanking the one guild run i did, but this seemed worse. We actually got them both down to the final 5% or so, and we lost a bunch of people all at once to AOE flames, so i don't think that was directly my fault. We wipe, and one healer leaves, followed by the other. Ah well, good try, better luck next time.

I went back to my stronghold to lick my wounds and noticed:

I had not changed to Combat Technique. I was still in Force Technique. :facepalm:

So my AOE taunts were actually dropping threat, and my high-threat skills were DOTs instead. Arg.

I'm sure i am on some ignore lists now. All i can say is Mea Culpa. That's one mistake i won't make again.

Horrible run of atheiss just now. I was on my 65 sniper with a 49 sniper, 42 sorc healer and 21 sorc dps.

The sorc healer never throws a single heal throughout the entire mission, well with a caveat. He only heals himself, only when hes out of combat, in other words he uses his heals in place of seethe and never when in combat, btw he is heal specced, he put down the sorc aoe heal and used the channelled one.

We set off and everything seems somewhat smooth, apart from atrociously low dps, until second boss. I grab boss and move to the tanking place in the doorway. I then receive no heals at all and spend all my DCD's, then move to the nearby kolto station only to have hitbox issues and be unable to click it. The first wave of adds show up, with all the other adds that are around at the start of the fight still alive. I take matters into my own hands and decide to tank and take adds at the same time. I mean its not like the adds are difficult, half a channel of suppressive fire killed all of them. Sadly with the lack of heals I die and finally see why the dps is so low.

21 sorc: force lighthing -> wait for however long force lightning's CD is -> force lightning. Rinse and repeat but pretend to be working hard by running around aimlessly in between.

sorc healer: affliction spam. And I don't mean maintain affliction during a healer-specced dps rotation (shock, FL, then the 1.5 second cast one, repeat). They just spammed affliction, renewing it every GCD.

Sniper: well how can anybody mess mm sniper gameplay. How back could it be? Well they kited around spamming overload shot until out of energy then continued running around spamming basic until back to full energy where they switch back to overload.

With dps like this its no surprise that when the next round of adds appear they survive long enough to kill the sniper and dps sorc. At this point, where there is only the sorc healer left alive they decide they might want to start healing and set off on what is a competent healing rotation but to no avail, they die.

I am too pissed to talk so next pull I kill adds first, let the sniper take boss (he has gold fever), and aggro dump whenever adds spawn (to drop the boss that I rip off the sniper) and kill the adds before turning back to boss. I will give the sniper some credit, whilst he was kiting around doing insignificant damage he at least had the sense to spam the kolto's.

We set off through the tunnel of champion sith when the sorc healer decides 1 at a time is dull. He pulls 2 warriors at once and I get to work on 1 of them. The other 3 take the other warrior. By the time I have killed the one I am soloing the other 3 have taken their warrior down to 72% and it has killed the sorc dps. And no, that low dps output (28% in the time it took me to do 100) was not because the sorc healer was busy throwing around heals, he never healed once.

I switch to the one they are fighting and rip aggro rather quickly but whilst I am killing it a patrolling one notices us and goes for the sorc healer. Not a problem, I think, me and this other sniper can take out the one we have whilst he just heals through the damage that other sith does to him, essentially just facetanking 1 sith while we sort the other out. Nope. The sorc does start healing himself, once he hits 5% hp, he chooses a cast heal and is killed before it completes casting. Its now me and the other sniper against 2 warriors, I am on 30% hp after tanking 1 then tanking the injured second one, which is now almost dead.

We kill the one we have nearly dead, turn on the other 1 and kill it. I have 3 hp left as the warrior dies. I start to use recuperate while the 2 sorcs run back. They run straight past me into the next room and pull a sorc and a warrior at the same time, its the room right before the boss so it was clearly deliberate, there is no way to accidentally pull both. At the time they pull I am at 22%. I don't bother joining in, I know the second I attack I will rip aggro and be killed and am hoping to save myself a repair bill by just sitting back and waiting for the other 3 to kill them. Instead the other 3, all of whom were at 100% die and both sith turn on me. I try my beat but end up dead. I am pretty fed up now so write "I you lot want to pull groups you cant beat then expect me to carry you, at least let me heal to full between pulls."

The sorc healer tells me he doesn't need carrying, that just because I have LP doesn't mean I am good. I agree with him, "LP means **** all, however the fact I keep mopping up pulls that wipe the 3 of you means a lot more than LP."

The sorc healer puts a vote kick on me which fails, then we pull the boss. FIrst round of flames the sorc dps dies, I write a sarcastic "feel free to ask if you don't know mechanics." second round of flames kills the sniper, 3rd round is on me. We complete, I loot, click the end mission thing then quit without a word, only to load into fleet and see the sorc healer complaining about arrogant elitists. I reply with "so surviving pulls is elitism now?"

Oh my - i need to come and confess my sins immediately, before someone else comes to rat me out here. :)

So i nervously offer to switch to tank because it'll be quicker to find replacement DPS and i have actually tanked this before. The group isn't giving me time to respec, forging ahead through the trash. Finally we get to Jarg & Sorno, and i finish switching Disciplines and reassigning Utility points, switching out all my gear, and finally rearranging my quickbars how i want them for tanking. I'm nervous but i tell them i'm ready.

I was not ready.

I went back to my stronghold to lick my wounds and noticed:

I had not changed to Combat Technique. I was still in Force Technique. :facepalm:

So my AOE taunts were actually dropping threat, and my high-threat skills were DOTs instead. Arg.

I'm sure i am on some ignore lists now. All i can say is Mea Culpa. That's one mistake i won't make again.

Been there, done that. IRL too!

Take a deep breath and take the time to do what must be done, and it's Ok to say NO.

Realize that the "I want you to wait" is actually a "YOU want to wait" - maybe they don't know it but they want to wait 1 min instead of wasting 1 hour later.

The urgency messed up with your awareness and you had to rush, leaving you not even serene (!) enough to check your fighting form.

Seriously, a good deep breath is all it takes sometimes. To collect yourself and reassess the situation. Trust yourself!

:csw_yoda:

I think they also need help in the field of learning to respect their fellow man. And I'm a natural helper saying that. Do help them in that respect next time...

How to help them understand respect when they just cannot understand the difference between a powertech and a sith sorcerer? Between 216 augmented gears and 190 mismatched gears?

Been there, done that. IRL too!

The urgency messed up with your awareness and you had to rush, leaving you not even serene (!) enough to check your fighting form.

Seriously, a good deep breath is all it takes sometimes. To collect yourself and reassess the situation. Trust yourself!

:csw_yoda:

Yeah, that was certainly a factor. I was nervous from the start, and i was kind of panicking a bit in the moment.

Anyway, i have a followup to my previous post about being a newbie tank and forgetting to switch to tank stance.

I was on my "normal" shadow, hoping to get a complete KP GF run in, that would be better than ending the night on the disastrous note i described earlier.

Again, i joined as DPS, but we were having problems getting a tank at all. Once again, i say i'm new to tanking but offer to switch. They say fine, so i respec, change gear and double check everything this time. :)

And the whole run went really well. We wiped once when we somehow aggroed 3 packs of trash all at once in the open area with the anti-air guns. But all the bosses happened just like they should, and i think i did pretty well.

So i had the chance to redeem myself from being the weird person! :)

How to help them understand respect when they just cannot understand the difference between a powertech and a sith sorcerer? Between 216 augmented gears and 190 mismatched gears?

Oranges and apples...

Understanding game mechanics is one thing, triggering a general feeling of "uh oh last time I was a d'ick to people things ended up bad for me" is another.

Yeah, that was certainly a factor. I was nervous from the start, and i was kind of panicking a bit in the moment.

Anyway, i have a followup to my previous post about being a newbie tank and forgetting to switch to tank stance.

I was on my "normal" shadow, hoping to get a complete KP GF run in, that would be better than ending the night on the disastrous note i described earlier.

Again, i joined as DPS, but we were having problems getting a tank at all. Once again, i say i'm new to tanking but offer to switch. They say fine, so i respec, change gear and double check everything this time. :)

And the whole run went really well. We wiped once when we somehow aggroed 3 packs of trash all at once in the open area with the anti-air guns. But all the bosses happened just like they should, and i think i did pretty well.

So i had the chance to redeem myself from being the weird person! :)

Well congrats! That was instant level-up for you (the player!) :cool:

Edited by BenduKundalini

One competent group.

Just

ONE

COMPETENT

GROUP.

Why can't I have just one in the last 4+ hours of trying to get just one *********** [TACTICAL] done?

Seriously, what is wrong with this game and/or its community? It's like they revel in being not just bad, but so horrifically incompetent that it beggars words...

They can't possibly all be trolling.

Can they?

Wait, tactical? What tactical can take 4 hours?! I sense a story worthy of this topic... Care to share? They say it helps to ease the pain...

It wasn't a single instance, it was no less than three attempts at the Group Finder [TACTICAL] daily (the 12 Elite Commendations one, or whatever crystal they're called now)...

Although I suspect that if I'd actually stayed in any one, then it might well have been four hours for a single instance. Even my legendary Polish stubbornness has its design-limits, though.

As for specifics, well....more's the pity, but it's nothing we all haven't heard/experienced a million times before over that time:

Including but not limited to (oh no, definitely not limited to):

Sorc-baddies spamming nothing but Force-Storm (I hate, hate, HATE this),

No-one even looking at koltos, let alone hitting them (I was on my AP-Tech, and trying to skank-tank at least on occasion, so our lowbie healer --who, bless him, was really trying, but there's only so much a level 24 Merc can do in FalseEmp with 2 level-cap derpfarts and me, a non-tank "tank" who doesn't really have much knowledge/experience of tanking).

People not listening --or from the look of it, not even acknowledging the existence of-- to explanations of boss-fights even after multiple wipes (I don't know what part of "stay under the blue AE watch buff-bars for invuln, switch tagrets as needed" during the two big droids in False Emperor is so onerous, but...Oh, and "RUN" during Manaan's second boss means just that, OK...).

Idiot DPS's only response to "please don't chain-pull when you clearly aren't ready for it" being "I know my class". [/Faceplam]

Actual tank who wasn't (no, not me. That little purple shield-icon in the role-select part of GF scares me, TBH) which meant I ripped aggro in a no off-heals group in Manaan on those big pulls as you get to the second boss...AP PTechs aren't as squishy as Mercs when it comes to off-the-cuff face tanking, but that doesn't mean that they're really made for it, either. Granted, I'm not super-experienced or particularly good with this class, but still....yeah.).

25k cred repair-bills --and as mentioned, like four flippin' hours-- later, I figured it was finally time to call this day's attempt at group content a miss.

But I could go on...Oh my, yes I could!

Eff it, just going to do a pile of planetary heroics and get creds abd Basic comms for the Alliance boxes.

I can buy or make 216/220 armourings and barrel for my weapon-slots if I must :(

Edited by midianlord

In Rakata tac-mode now...

That's it I'm done with this game.

E:

Three attempts at Tac-kata's end boss, and another Merc who doesn't know what a B-Ress is, or God forbid, the Arsenal rotation that's been almost exactly the same since Beta.

****, again.

K, not done yet, but definitely done with grouping. This is just *********** insufferable.

Edited by midianlord

Normally I try to post about peoples bad attitudes rather than lack of skill, but this one is a bit of both. I don't know how long this one will be... but

TLDR: Thank goodness for no enrages.

As always... the backstory... so today was ravagers in the queue and it... actually... went pretty well. We only wiped once on Master and Blaster and it was because someone walked in and scared the tank causing them to mess up eating the thermal mortar AOEs. I of course... didn't get any loot, however each time I rolled my numbers doubled... a two... then a four... than a eight... so after a good run but depressing lack of loot, I decide to queue for everything their is for conquest. Thankfully I got Legacy of the Rakata, which im very familiar with and it has plenty of avoidable mobs and overall pretty short. Well... that's only if people are familiar with the flashpoint...

So we get a level 22 smuggler, 38 commando, a 65 jedi sage, and I, the 65 commando. Ever since I hit 65 I actually surprisingly never had to openly just give up a flashpoint, but one blood hunt run tested my steel causing me to try for two hours before completion. So we roll in, I take forever to load and miss the conversation completely, and their wasn't a spacebar.... and after a long loading session everyone is still just standing their. I think for a moment that this is a nice faithful group that is waiting for me... however little did I know that they were simply just lost at the time. We proceed for the most part okay till the first boss, and I tell them to kill the war chief and ill "tank" the rancor. We engage and for awhile im not really paying attention, busy tunnel visioning so much that I actually don't even notice the health of the rancor or the war chief, its not until the rancor was at 1/8 health, that I tabbed over for a second and saw the war chief. The war chief still had 3/5 of their health remaining and all three of them were Dpsing him the entire time. If I would of face palmed at this very instance, it probably would of gone through my thick skull and through my wooden chair, so instead I laugh it off, kill the rancor, and DPS down the war chief.

Now things start to get shaky going through the mobs after the first boss, they engage them of course, every... single... one. No it wasn't like a accident or anything when they happen to tab target over once the last enemy dies or fall down a cliff or something into them, they all run right into the mobs faces, even the ranged DPS commando. Ill admit I get cheap here and ask if they did it before to avoid spoilers at the ending, but mostly to see how familiar were they with it mechanically. Two of they claim to have done it before........while one claims to have only done it in solo mode. Once we get into the crates one of them accidently chain pulls a second mob and it leads to the death of the smuggler, and then the jedi sage, oddly enough nothing is said other than a ty from the smuggler. Once the third crate is destroyed, theirs two different ways to approach the forth crate, a south, and a north stairwell, I take the south, the others take the north and engage the jedi master elite among the path. At this time I panicked and tossed my CC into the four strong mobs. Now another testament to see the DPS of them... I was able to kill off three strong mobs... before three people could finish one elite, and on top of that I had to burn my CDs losing some procs and DPS potential. The sage immiedtaly walks off killing the master and the smuggler is more focused on the crate, so I have to finish the 4th strong mob all by myself.

So we finally arrive at the second boss, wipe free, for the moment. I tell the people to stack behind the statue and even mark it for them, but the smuggler does so at first, but shortly right after I engage goes back to his originally position spamming his channeled AOE move I forgot the name of. Props to him for using something different than his basic attack this time, however every time the mobs surround him, he constantly pushes them back during the mist of my mortar valley making the fight even longer. Yeah this boss isn't particularly hard, but it makes it increasingly more tedious when people don't stack, but even worse when they use knockbacks.

Finally... the final boss, after barely scrapping by the last mob of the FP, were here at least, close to continuing my streak of never quitting a tactical flashpoint. I tell them to engage the commando first, and well... they actually listen. The only problem is I actually now get a chance to see their rotations. Turns out this entire FP, the other commando, now level 39 at this time, only spams explosive shot till all of his energy is depleted, and then hammer shot, and his cell or whatever when he spammed it 10 times. The smuggler only spams his basic attack the entire time... not even his little grenade or charged bursts, and I notice at this point he isn't even taking cover... just standing up and firing. while the previous two can somewhat be excused, the 65 sage is also spamming strictly his basic attack as well. I eventually realize this and swap to arkous unsure if ill be able to survive his soft enrage which leads to the eventual wipe to the group as I burn everything I could, even my med pack to live but its not enough, we wipe at arkous at 64% and the commando at 5%, and I left the commando when he had 30% health left. Ill admit this hurts to type but I find it humorous, but it turns out that the smuggler had such a low DPS, that the NPCs actually went to finish Jakarro off first rather than kill the smuggler. Yes... a NPC had more aggro than a actual player. I also found out that Jakarro no longer fights when his health gets to 1/8 as well apparently.

For the first time in a long time... I actually thought I was going to have to forfeit a tactical, and I admitably got a bit of a ego when it comes to those thinking to myself I have completed every one since I hit 65, and I been 65 since the first week after KOTFE and run tacticals daily. Ill admit I did quit briefly for two months however... but still.... So we take another stab at the boss, and this time I agree just to DPS the commando down no matter what. I also make sure to aggro dump on CD this time as before I usually have enough health and the group has enough DPS to kill the boss before I die. Somehow it gets much more chaotic and I actually notice the jedi sage throw rocks this time, but overall he still uses his basic attack, and eventually dies, but not before our smuggler. While a bit cruel, I decide to rez the jedi sage over the deceased smuggler whose been dead for about a minute. As soon as I rez the jedi sage he quits without a word. Great use of that combat rez I see. Things get a bit chaotic near the death of darok, and as soon as we drop darok, our level 40 commando dies. So yep.... we got a full health arkous who is soft enraged... VS I... My fragile ego didn't want to simply just stuck it and try again with a companion, as I thought that was cheap, so instead I take the long ... long... long road duking it out with arkous. Somehow... through very timely use of the three koltos, and my off heals, I actually walked out alive and near the death of the boss I was actually getting cheered on. I mean it was quite a long fight and such, so I rez the commando and grab the smuggler planning to share the glory and admitably let a bit of the ego get to me and simply say "its the gear." Sadly, the fight was pretty long, so long I used my raid buff twice throughout the encounter and stopped using it sometime halfway through the end of the encounter, that the smuggler just up and quit. We gave him a good 10 mins and such, even when I tossed a vote kick the other commando accidently declined, further giving him a two mins. So we end the flashpoint, troopers sticking together in times of need unlike those skrebby jedi and spice traders, and wish each other luck.

I feel a bit bad after typing this out, as the commando actually seemed like a nice guy and they actually listen, they just need some training. Even the sage wasn't to much of a bad guy, yeah he did rage quit on the end without a word... but not nearly as bad as what's usually described in this thread. Props to that commando sticking it with out with me however. I would however prefer people who have trouble over the game any day than what I experienced in my last post here.

Edited by peter_plankskull

The only problem is I actually now get a chance to see their rotations. Turns out this entire FP, the other commando, now level 39 at this time, only spams explosive shot till all of his energy is depleted, and then hammer shot, and his cell or whatever when he spammed it 10 times. The smuggler only spams his basic attack the entire time... not even his little grenade or charged bursts, and I notice at this point he isn't even taking cover... just standing up and firing. while the previous two can somewhat be excused, the 65 sage is also spamming strictly his basic attack as well.

Infuriating.

Thanks Bioware for dumbing things down to a level where you don't ever need to learn your class while leveling.

The other day I created an agent on the last server where I had no toon. One of my "Meatbagkiller" series, a HK clone, with great-looking but empty armor and rifle. No legacy. Only collections items. Well, hit level 11 and took him to Dromund Kaas with affection 1 Nico Okarr on dps mode. So : empty orange gear, not even greens on.

I tried to take on the Mandos of Personal Challenge just for kicks expecting to be destroyed. Turns out *I* destroyed them. I later realized I had even forgotten to put a crystal in my rifle at level 10!

So when you get to do that with a toon with empty gear, taking on 2 elites at a time and still win and never even need to use a medpack, something is seriously off. :rolleyes:

skrebby jedi

What's that? :confused:

Edited by BenduKundalini

Hey all, I have been reading this thread for quite a time and thought I should contribute as well, here is my recent weird run. :)

2 days ago, as I was considering heading to bed, there was a person looking for a healer for Ravagers gf run. I decided to join, to end the day with a hopefully fun run. After whispering the person, no answer for 6 mins, then she replied with telling me to join through gf. Doing so, it poped quickly and I zoned in.

After arriving, a 10 minute awkward, needlessly long chain of conversiations took place. They didn’t know about how groupfinder reacts to loot system & ops leader position, so I had enough time to grab some snacks and coffee before they got ready.

Group composition: 2 darkness assassin(T), medicine operative(me) and corruption sorc(H), 2 carnage marauder, marksman sniper and vengeance juggernaut. My gear was full 216 with augments, only missing unlettered mods and set bonus armorings. Group members had appropiate gear, stims, stance/form/cell etc. Only later did I check that none of them had 2 digit operation achievements and had no clue whatsoever about operations in general and Ravagers mechanics.

Clearing the way to Bulo had a high fatality rate. Tanks didn’t have aggro, dps focused on one single add, which they took a lifetime to kill, while I was ’tanking’ the other adds Most memorable mob encounter: other healer and one of the dps fell off the bridge, into the crabs while the group was engaging another group.

Arriving at Bulo, ops leader presented one of the ’best’ strategy I’ve yet to see: everyone attack Bulo from front, never, ever move from that spot. Before I could voice my opinion, they started the fight. We wiped shortly after Drunken Pirates arrived, noone doing barrel run, staying in the middle of Volley.

Going back, I ask who is here for the first ime, who knows tactics, who is unsecure about parts of the encounter. Leader says she knows it well, linking a 16m achievement into chat. Juggernaut says he done it 50+ times on TRE, others stay quiet. While telling them how its bad to eat the cleave as a group, and asking tanks to put guard on 2 of the dps, using taunts, how Assassin tanking works etc., leader speaks up. She will do barrel, if the pirates aren’t dead, dps ignore boss and kill pirates. Again, they start before I can say a thing.

Same situation again, with slight improvement: group eats cleave, tanks can’t keep aggro, leader does the first barrel run, 2nd & 3rd wave, she still killing the adds from the first spawn while the other 2 group of Drunken Pirates shoot me full of holes. At least the group managed to avoid Volley & Mass Barrage I guess. It was funny though, when the Juggernaut had enough of Scatter Blaster and moved to the other side of Bulo. Which didn’t change a thing, since he had top aggro. We wipe with Bulo at 89% hp. So its time to put the blame on someone – me. The following conversiation took place:

Sorc: Why we die?

Juggernaut: Heals are weak. Especially scoundrel. (Mind you, I’m an Operative. Always found it stupid when people call an AC on the name of its mirror AC.)

Me: Please elaborate on which part of my healing is unsatisfactiory for you.

J: I have to use medpac and all me dcd on sm because your ****. (Yep, 50+ Ravagers run and still, you stand in stupid.)

M: How about… avoiding avoidable damage? Not standing in front of Bulo in stacks? Not sitting inthe middle of the circle?

Leader: Adds killed me.

M: Me too. Thus the lack of healing from me at the last minute.

Sniper: Lol, you died from ADDS? your really ****, l2p noob.

Since it was pretty clear they didn’t know their roles, the mechanics and weren’t open for advice, I thanked the ’experience’ and left. Someone whispered me to prepare for public shaming on fleet gen chat, I couldn’t care less.

Moral of the story: When in doubt, blame the healer. Healer can’t heal 50k/s, what a noob. :tran_mad: