The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I was refering to that currently you can go into a tactical with any gear on, you get bolstered and you're good to go, so gear don't matter that much. And for story questing for example gear means $h1t, you don't need it... This is the extent I was referring to. :D

Yeah I know that, rest of my rant was a side note.

But again, if you're wearing dps stuff and you're tanking, your dps gear isn't magically bolstered into tanking gear. As the story you quoted was bout a "tank" who had only dps gear and pretended bolster would take care of his shortcomings in tankiness.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Not a GF group but I joined a HM KP group earlier today. Bonethrasher went fine and then he dropped a 220 tanking implant. Both tanks needed on it since it was a big upgrade for both of them and then a Sage needed on it. Of course, the Sage won it. When asked why a Sage needed on a tank implant that he can't use (technically, shouldn't use) he said it was to vendor it for credits. When told how douchey that is, one of the DPS then starts ragging on everyone that the leader said that the non-token gear is FFA and that he would be needing on all of it. About a 5 minute argument ensued with the DPS insulting everyone and he (along with his green 190 MH) was kicked from the group.

Even though the Sage relented and said he would give the implant to one of the tanks, as far as I know, he didn't not end up trading it to either tank.

What do those implants vendor for? 10-15k? Are people really that hard up for credits still?

Ya, that's pretty douchey. I don't have a problem people needing on stuff that can be legacied around (I'll admit I do that, especially when I see alacrity enhancements I will jump on those) but taking the implants/earpieces is kind of a jerk move. If no one wants it, fine take it and sell it, but if someone does want it just give it to them.

Been awhile since I posted in here... guess that's a good thing... but jeez... what I witnessed the last two days from this guy is just... wow... sad. It was a long time since I did a hard mode flashpoint, and I finally wanted that rush, that difficulty, that teamwork and precision and to look past on what we accomplished together, something to be proud of, sadly to say I didn't find it.

Now of course my usual luck chimes in and as soon as I engage the lurker in the rakghoul tunnels the queue instantly pops, sadly, much to my dismay I didn't want to hold them up, and I knew I wasn't going to kill the lurker in two minutes, so I decline. After I finish the lurker, I queue up again and funnily enough get the same people... however little did I know the lurker was trying to stop me from joining this nightmare. So we get False Emperor, we have I, the commando DPS, a commando healer, a jug tank, and I think a sorc.

As soon as I load in, I notice the sorc instantly disconnects. The jug and I stand around the console waiting for the commando healer to finally load in, and after asking were he was, he says he is iffy doing this since it hasn't been patched. I give the commando healer some encouragement, and finally just as when he accepts to come in, the first thing he does is attempt to kick the sorc. The sorc has only been dced for about 4-5 minutes here, and even though he was a DPS, queues for hard mode flashpoints are still very long, so we decline. Shortly after the sorc logs back on, I go "See that's why you don't kick people," however literally right after the sorc log backs in he instantly drops group. My jaw drops wide open in awe of what just happened their and slightly makes me regret declining the kick option.

However we press on despite the sorc leaving, find out which comp to use, and finally get to the first boss, were discussing which comp to bring out next since the one currently out was a melee... and those don't go to well with this boss. Right as were about to enrage the boss a smuggler instantly loads in and of course pulls in the elite droid we skipped. We go back and save her and we laugh about it. From their we press on, nothing out of the ordinary, I notice the jug is a bit slow to listen to the responses on some instructions and such, but overall the group composition is actually really good. Jug holds agro well, we got some great heals, and we got some DPS that knows rotations.

We get to jindo krey and things start to fall apart here, as the boss soon bugs out since the turret doesn't work. However, despite having great teamwork in the past, the commando healer doesn't even attempt to fight this boss and instantly drops groups, runs away, abandoning his job leaving everyone to die. I wasn't a happy camper however the smuggler had some vendetta and we discussed about what he did while waiting in queue. Funnily enough 5 minutes later our queue is filled with a healer... the same exact healer who left us originally! The smuggler and the commando healer have a little beef but the commando healer gives it one more shot. By one more shot I mean 45 seconds into the boss fight the turret glitches and he goes off running off, dropping from group, yet again causing the group to wipe. It was late, and I was in a good mood, so I just laugh it off and go to sleep and do better tomorrow. Little did I know tomorrow would be forever worse.

I queue up with a open and fresh mind and I get lost island... I was a little hesitant but I was very familiar with the mechanics and layout so I'm optimistic. I look at the roles and the same commando healer from yesterday is in this very group. I decide to let whatever happened yesterday be done with and give him a clean slate. For whatever reason, I was the ONLY person to load in within 5 minutes and actually move. Although the last to queue in, the commando healer is the second person to actually move his character. We get to the part were the bird is blocking the way, I go around the beast and the commando healer just waits their. We wait for 30 seconds or so and the commando healer instantly flips out and attacks the bird. I was wondering what was going on at the time, but turns out he was running to every mob he could pulling EVERYTHING just to get everyone killed when he leaves the instances. Funny enough his time to leave the instance was actually 60 seconds, my speculation believes he quits so much that the timer was extended. So yeah... he instantly quits without dying and causes the two other group members to die and I barely survive that scrap. Theirs still plenty of stuff to type about the rest of the run, but I think this commando healer is enough for now.

Not exactly a funny story but one to put a sour taste in your mouth.

Bonethrasher went fine and then he dropped a 220 tanking implant. Both tanks needed on it since it was a big upgrade for both of them and then a Sage needed on it. Of course, the Sage won it.

Gotta have some absorb stats for them Static Barriers to work better. Totally legit! :Dnot

So we get False Emperor, we have I, the commando DPS, a commando healer, a jug tank, and I think a sorc.

Uh, WHAT? :eek:

They implemented cross-faction GF while I wasn't looking? (Actually my PC died on me 10 days ago and just logged in game for the first time)

Really? Completely slipped over it. :D OK, now your post makes sense and agree with it :D

It always made sense :cool:

Alright. I meet weird people every day. Total idiots, noobs, ignorant newbies, just young kiddos who are overly aggressive. But this one was so weird that I just could not keep this to myself. So here is the story.

For the last few days I have been playing on my lvl65 assassin. She is my main tank but I got a bit tired of that and decided to fire up the Hatred spec. Transferred some legacy gear from my other alt so I had 216/220 optimized gear. Not that this is important, just in case someone will be wondering if I was bad geared or something.

So I go in a tactical for the daily bonus. We get me, 65 Hatred assassin, 65 Lightning sorcerer, 28 sniper ( don't know the spec, didn't pay attention and it's hard to notice some key moves on such low level) and the hero of our story - a lvl 50 sniper (I believe Marksmanship but haven't paid attention either). So as I usually tank and I am the only melee in the group and I am 65, I go in and pull. The flashpoint was the Mandalorian raiders, by the way.

So everything starts fine, I just try to group them all up, spread my dots and so on. I got good aoe, Sorc has good aoe, no issues dealing with trash. I am squishy as hell but i know my defenses so I always survive. But I do end up being close to death almost on every pull (those dogs hit hard, man). But still, nobody dies.

But for some reason that sniper doesn't like the fact that me and the sorc (he pulls aggro cause of his aoe damage) always end up almost dead. The fact that lower level players would be just dead in any case, even if they are pros, doesn't really bother him, apparently. So he starts showing his stupidity by saying: "Being 65 doesn't make you gods, please stop this". At first I was like: "Stop what?". We haven't wiped, everything is fine. He says: "You are noobs, listen to me, I have 21k achievement points, inspect my legacy and shut up, idiots." Fun fact: I have 28k achievement points and so what? So I still don't understand what is wrong in what we are doing and we just proceed. We reach the room with the biggest amount of adds ( with 3 dogs spawning after engage and a bunch of human enemies). And sorc disconnects. As a result, we don't have enough dps to deal with them and we wipe. Not really anyone's fault as those 2 sniper deal close to no damage. And again, I am no tank, so dogs run on the snipers and kill them in a few seconds.

This sniper uses this wipe to blame it on me, repeatedly calling me a noob and initiates a vote kick. The sorcerer comes back, obviously none of them vote for kicking me. I explain what happened to the sorc and he also can't understand why is this sniper so pissed and what we did wrong. We proceed to the boss with 2 dogs with random aggro. So me and the sorc (who also has a lot of experience in flashpoints0 just focus one of the dogs and then the other and then the boss. The 28 sniper just honestly tries to do what he can. But the first to die is of course our lvl 50 hero who can't even click the heal station in time. The 28 sniper dies as well cause he is new, I don't blame him.

Of course we easily finish the dogs and the boss by just using heal station once in a while. The sniper continues to comment on our fight with stuff like "Nub, needs heals, ***" and "You suck so hard, stop using heal station and fight the boss like a man". I don't really get the point of this as obviously 2 dps with lowest possible armor rating out of all in swtor (Hatred and Lightning, ok Lightning has even more DR than me) can't kill them without heals. So as I said, we just easily finish the fight (hell, I even solo tacticals on my main when I am in a mood for some harder content) and the sniper just quits the group in the end of it.

I summon Khem Val in healing role and we just faceroll through the remaining part of the flashpoint. But this new bro of mine isn't done yet! After quiting, he starts whispering me with something like "1v1 me on Corelia naked bruh. lvl50 vs lvl50, you stand no chance. Come to Corellia you coward." I don't know what PvP experience has to do with being good in a flashpoint but whatever. I am pretty sure I could have killed him naked on any lvl50. Not that I am a super experienced pvper but still. (20k+ kills in total, or something like that). I am busy killing boss so I just quickly type "I don't have time to waste it on a loser like you" and continue fighting. He sends me "You are just a 3 year old *****, can't prove your experience" and ignores me.

So there we go, that's the story. Still don't know what I did wrong, I ran that flashpoint like 100+ times in my life, I know it in and out. I literally played it perfectly while being a Hatred Assassin tank. But that sad person probably was really pissed on his real life or something, he needed to vent. Or he is just a total *******, I don't know.

Edited by Equeliber

Had a run of DP last night in which I was the weird one.

I have noticed getting ops is much easier on TRE than ToFN and even wz pops are more common on TRE. As such I decided to move all my characters onto TRE.

I then decide to go into an op, but as I have been away for 4 months and am abit rusty I want a easy time of it. Well what is easier than marksman sniper in a op with no rdps mechanics (except for cal's shield but that easy to deal with).

I get into a guild run with myself and 1 of the tanks as pugs. We get to the first boss and I stop after the first round of adds because, as sometimes happens with my lag, the enemy has not loaded in on my screen. All I see are the other members of the group slashing away at what looks like thin air.

As always in those situations tab targeting doesn't work so I resort to the method I normally use when enemies don't appear - click a dps in the group and then click the target of target window to select the enemy. I click one of the dps then realise I have forgotten to switch on target of target on my ui. I write in chat "give me a sec, got to sort out ui" as an explanation as to why I am standing still doing nothing.

As I am fiddling around with my ui the puddle mechanic appears under my feet and kills me. I come out of my ui and accept the combat res, only to have the boss finally load in. We complete the pull and the ops leader asks me what happened. I explained my lag, my method of targeting and the fact I forget to set up my ui before I started (it defaults when I character transfer).

Second and third bosses go easily though I do end up looking like and idiot between them as the ops leader asks me a question and, having just changed my character name (original was already taken on TRE) I didn't realise he was talking to me until he called me "the sniper". Get to the fourth and I get a lag spike during the first challenge so don't enter it until 15s in, with the chat box suddenly loading in all the text from ops leader telling me challenge phase has started. I apologise again after the fight, mentioning I usually work around these issues through use of TS.

The ops leader invites me and the other pug to join the guild, I decide why not as, apart from slow dps (the trash before 4th boss, those 2 things that need to be kept apart took ages to kill compared to the runs I did with ToFN guild) they seem competent.

We get to the final boss and kill it after a couple wipes, all my fault as I forget kill order in 3rd phase and took all 4 down to 30% then started shooting tyrans instead of calph, and the other 3 dps seemed to follow my lead.

Seems to me that as of late, if I don't join guild mates on the Ebon Hawk for the daily tactical flashpoint, I get idiots:

-an actual Juggernaut tank, Red Reaper tactical, that doesn't guard my Marauder although I keep ripping aggro and dumping it

-a Sentinel, Mandalorian Raiders tactical, that constantly breaks the stealth CC of my Shadow and one of the Scoundrels in the group, despite numerous pleas in group chat

-and of course the usual "DPS queueing as a tank".

So a couple nights ago, a guild mate asks me to join him for a tactical on one of his characters. Sure, I say, and I hop on my Commando. It's kinda late at night, and the other two guild members on are either asleep or about to go to bed. So we agree to PUG it. We get a pop: one of his Vigilance Guardians, my Combat Medic Commando, a Gunnery Commando, and another Combat Medic Commando. Since we've got two healers, I decide to switch my character to Gunnery. The flashpoint is Ilum. Everything seems fine at first, but the healer is just...odd.

He automatically assumes we're doing a speed run, trying to avoid as many mobs as possible. We get to Gark or whatever the Gamorrean is named, and he's like "We're skipping, RIGHT?!". Now my guild mate and I are going on in TS how weird this guy is. He didn't ask to speed run it, but automatically assumed we would. He also asks my guild mate to tank with his character. Now I know someone posted in this thread that you can fake tank easily with Vigilance/Vengeance. The guy adds, "I rip aggro very easily". Now I'm thinking he doesn't know how to aggro dump, and I notice that he starts pulling what little trash we do kill, instead of waiting on my guild mate.

Now to be fair, the boss fights went pretty well, even Serevin. But we get to the hangar door, and everyone but the healer clicks the door.

Me: Click the door please.

Healer: I've run with (my guild mate) and (other Gunnery Commando) before. I used to be (some weird name).

Me, wondering what this has to do with the price of tea in China: That's nice. Click the door. [Now it's 2 am and I want to get to bed.]

Healer: Wasn't talking to you. You're very rude.

Me: WOW.

My guild mate in TS says he has never met this healer before.

Not really anyone's fault as those 2 sniper deal close to no damage. And again, I am no tank, so dogs run on the snipers and kill them in a few seconds.

Total douche PLUS useless.

Whenever I have 250 kills to do on a given conquest or some tally to reach for achievements, who do I pull? My lightning sorc OR my marksman sniper. Sick AOE spamming and I feel it's OP actually for it not to have any cooldown whatsoever.

Besides, snipers have some seriously nice dcds not to mention CCs and the damage just melts anything. Heck last gree event I was 50 and I soloed a 65 shadow.

You just ran into your typical jerk who can't help but blame others for his own uselessness.

He also asks my guild mate to tank with his character. Now I know someone posted in this thread that you can fake tank easily with Vigilance/Vengeance.

Yup, that was me, and I see it was in answer to your post I took the time to explain. And it's not "fake" tanking, you are actually tanking.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but I'll tl, dr again.

- switching to tank stance DOES NOT lose you any vigilance procs. Keening, blade dance reset, dots : working as intended. This is UNIQUE. The only thing you do lose is dps (6% + 10% less)

- it gives you a flat 60% armor increase and +100% threat generation, whatever your gear is, even without a shield

- gives you +10% accuracy. So if you throw a few tanky items in (earpiece, implants, shield...) you won't miss any hits, far from it

- at higher levels you have a flat 5% damage reduction just because. That's unique to Vigilance (Commanding Awe).

- whatever your form, you have the following dcds :

1) Enure = +30% health for 10 seconds with 1 min cd, 45s if utility specced, also your DR goes up 20% at higher levels

2) Focused Defense, heals you about 10% health if hit, 12 charges, 90s cd, aka "double health bar"

3) Saber Reflect - not only do you take ZERO damage from force/tech attacks but you reflect them back, 1 min cd, and awesome aggro.

It's more than enough to tank anything but extreme content if you have a healer and/or some tanking gear. Having some tanking gear at the ready really doesn't hurt.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Had an interesting run of SM DF via gf. It was a guild run with my newly joined TRE imp guild and my newly transferred jugg tank. We pug a couple of dps and the other tank and get started. I decided to go with my tank as, 2 days before I had asked the guild if they had a progression group, they said no so I offered to join one if it gets set up, so a guild person decided they would. They then started one and I will be tanking for it.

We get into the op, get started and the first trash throws the other tank over the edge and to their death so I tank the fight. One of the guild dps, a sin, behaves rather strangely and rather than coming and dpsing the 2 enemies we currently have aggroed they force speed off to aggro another 2 then stealth out. I pick them up, we kill the enemies and whilst killing the last one the sin goes and grabs another. We finish trash and approach first boss.

A guild merc dps offers to take care of the droids, the sin pug dps asks about tacts and the op leader, a guild jugg dps starts explaining. 3 and a half minutes later I write "stay behind boss, avoid red circles, <merc dps's> name will try to sort the circles out for you but as melee they are unlikely to effect you." The 4th dps, a pug sniper is as bored as me (3mins 30s to explain melee dps mechanics on first boss of DF SM is taking the piss) and asks if we can start.

The sin tank pulls, I leap in too and move towards the stairs. The sin tank starts kiting the boss around the room and stops by the rubble poking out of the floor, on top of which the sniper is stood. This leads to the sniper and sin tank being the 2 sharing the frontal damage and me wondering *** they are doing, my force charge is still on cd. I get told in TS to stand near the sin tank and a couple people in chat telling me by name to do my job. I suppose tanking the boss over there is the norm on TRE, I had just assumed its would be by the door as that was what I was used to. I intercede the sniper, he then cover rolls away and we finish the pull. The pug sin dps asks me if I need mechanics explaining. I mention the reason I ran to the door is I was used to tanking there.

Get to second boss, it glitches out (a common glitch according to the other tank) where adds don't spawn after he jumps up and we just wait around for him to come back down, which he does, enraged, at 35% and immune to damage. Get the same glitch again and decide to just keep an add alive. We get to that stage in the fight, rather chaotically (other tank tunnel-visions), and it seems the adds they decided to keep alive are 2 of those ones with dual purple sabers and conal attacks. I tank them 2 while the other tank does boss. The chat is filled with "don't attack the enemies on <my name> just burn boss" by the op leader jugg dps but the other 3 dps kill them, it glitches and we wipe from enrage.

I suggest it would be better to keep one of those harmless shield adds alive at the back of the room but am told it was working until the add was killed so we go again, me tanking those 2 adds while the boss was killed, then the other 7 group members ignored the 2 adds still beating on me and picked up their loot. I write "would appreciate you finish the fight first" but am ignored, killed and those 2 adds wipe the entire group as everybody is busy rolling on tokens.

Get to third boss and the other tank asks me if I want to tank it. I say I prefer not to as jugg because I struggle catching up to magnet without hydraulic overrides or force speed so the other tank does that one. They pull, we start, I am on add duty and then notice the magnet mechanic is being ignored. I ask why and the other tank writes "what magnet mechanic?" I tell them ill switch to MT and taunt the boss, do the mechanics and finish, loot and move on. I mention its good to double check mechanics if you are rusty (I was being polite, I meant to say "ask about mechanics before agreeing to MT").

We get to 4th boss, I MT it and as always with DF SM 4th boss, its a joke and a pushover.

Get to final boss and the other tank starts explaining the fight. They start going on about "switching sides" and "ops frame" and "left stay left, right stay right" when talking about the first phase. Before the explanation I knew the mechanics of first phase DF SM final boss, after reading what they wrote I was *********** clueless what they were on about. Then they start explaining phase 2, that takes them 2 minutes 40s. They start explaining phase 3, and write 9 lines of chat about the nanites mechanic. Its now 9 minutes later, I feel 90 years older and an argument has erupted between the other tank and the pug sniper about the first add on clock phase. The sniper says it must be killed, the tank says this group would never meet the dps check and the lightning will kill it anyway. After another 2 minutes of that argument I whisper the op leader with "can we just get *********** started?" at which point they write in chat "this fight is easier to explain once people have seen it" and initiates a ready check. Everyone is ready and I pull.

First phase is fine, second phase the pug sin dps and guild op healer die to reach or brontes. Third phase, first add pops up, it dies, then the guild merc dps dies, second add, it dies, then the guild merc healer dies (luckily the op healer was c-ressed). Third add and the Pug sniper dies. with the dps merc writing in chat "NANITES" after every death. Get to the clock phase, I go to the first one and pop my sabre reflect (I have a discipline point that increases aggro gen of reflect, that along with the damage it deals is usually sufficient to keep healers safe until adds are down). The other tank goes to second and everybody left in the group takes a different droid. Its a shambles and a wipe.

We res and get back to the boss and an argument insues. The merc dps is annoyed about no cleanses, the sin tank is pointing to the fact the first droid in circle wasn't killed, the merc healer is calling people idiots for dieing to reach of brontes in second phase and the sniper is telling the sin tank to shut up because they clearly don't know the fight. I decide to pipe in:

"Everyone shut up"

"first, 2 big adds, some small, kill small first, 1 tank on each big one."

"second, don't get between or close to adds"

"third, stay behind boss (that hadn't been an issue but I though I would mention it), kill adds fast, cleanse dots"

"fourth, kill clockwise from laser wall"

"fifth, 6 small 2 big, 1 tank on each big, 1 person on each small"

"sixth, mayhem, both tanks stood with back to the wall, taunt like mad"

"any questions?"

*pause for people to type their questions*

There was no answer so I asked op leader to do a rc. Everyone clicks ready and I pull, then the merc dps starts complaining about me not telling which person to take which small one on phase 5. The ops leader tells them in TS "don't worry about it just go with the flow when we get there" causing me to delete what I had started writing in chat, which was a lot less polite.

We do phase one, get to 2 with 2 small adds up (never seen that before), 1 person dies in phase 2, get to 3 and nanites are getting cleansed, do the clock with no issues at all, phase 5 seems ok, theres a point at which I am down to 4% and the other tank is at 0% (still alive, just so little hp it shows as 0) but the healers pull through. Then we kill, res the dead guy, loot and leave.

I have a feeling that guild is not ready to set up a progression group. The guild my reps were with on ToFN would breeze through any SM op with no issues, using ts to talk about somebody's hard day at work or a new movie or whatever. That guild would wipe afew times on HM ops but get through in the end.

This new guild can barely make it through an SM op without falling to pieces and flinging blame around. I have been with this guild 2 days and am already considering pugging ops in order to find a new one.

Edited by BobFredJohn

SNIP

Just wow. I really feel sorry for you. My friends with multiple accounts and with toons on TRE are telling me that the average OP 'knowledge' or I don't know what to call it is abysmal compared to ToFN. I've heard scary stories from there and it seems that you've just validated them. :D Anyway if you happen to come back to ToFN I've found a nice international guild, constantly looking for players for OPs.

Regarding to the fights: Some guilds tank Nefra at the right side of the room, no biggie, however telling this beforehand helps a LOT. On Draxus what they did is just illogical. On the Rancor, yeah the pipe smash can be ignored, however it doesn't leads to good things, so advisable to do the magnet, on Brontes I think the clock phase can be ignored as well(not sure) but again advisable to do it.

That patience of yours... Will get you far.

Just wow. I really feel sorry for you. My friends with multiple accounts and with toons on TRE are telling me that the average OP 'knowledge' or I don't know what to call it is abysmal compared to ToFN. I've heard scary stories from there and it seems that you've just validated them. :D Anyway if you happen to come back to ToFN I've found a nice international guild, constantly looking for players for OPs.

Regarding to the fights: Some guilds tank Nefra at the right side of the room, no biggie, however telling this beforehand helps a LOT. On Draxus what they did is just illogical. On the Rancor, yeah the pipe smash can be ignored, however it doesn't leads to good things, so advisable to do the magnet, on Brontes I think the clock phase can be ignored as well(not sure) but again advisable to do it.

That patience of yours... Will get you far.

Whoa, whoa, what's up with the TRE bashing? :p

Now, I'm not sure how things look on ToFN, but I was under the impression TRE had larger population, therefore larger number of, erm, simpler people. Judging by what I meet in GF FPs, a lot of them are borderline mental...let's see...

- "overclocked dps" (his words) telling healer not to cleanse the laser debuff, 1st boss of Hammer Station

- healer listening to "overclocked dps" despite the tank spoonfeeding him correct tactics

- obligatory "tank" in dps spec

- occasional "dps" in tank spec (this one boggles my mind, voluntarily eating long queue only to get kicked...)

- "dps" in healer spec, lying about it (because nobody can see his procs or anything)

- "tank" in dps spec, dps gear, in HM Red Reaper, 51 minutes after installing the game and eating his insta-60 token

- whole bunch of people acting all pr0 while their chievos (and performance) tell completely different story

but one of the weirdest people in TRE GF...yours truly :cool:

I check chievos, I enforce proper kill order, I don't take kindly to people too lazy to ask for tactics, I will not hesitate to let people die if they repeatedly do stupid crap, and I will get into people's faces in a massive way if they start lying.

That said, even I am not insane enough to pug ops on TRE :p.

I prefer not to as jugg because I struggle catching up to magnet without hydraulic overrides or force speed

Just a (hopefully) helpful aside on this. Use Mad Dash to close with the magnet. Point yourself slightly ahead of it and dash away. Gap close with a damage protect from the pipe smash.

Now, I'm not sure how things look on ToFN, but I was under the impression TRE had larger population, therefore larger number of, erm, simpler people.

ToFN has those 'special people' as well, lots of them :D Alls I'm saying is the second hand info I got from TRE are hmm, not something to be cheerfull about. Emphasis on second hand info. :)

Now, I'm not sure how things look on ToFN, but I was under the impression TRE had larger population, therefore larger number of, erm, simpler people. Judging by what I meet in GF FPs, a lot of them are borderline mental...let's see...

- "overclocked dps" (his words) telling healer not to cleanse the laser debuff, 1st boss of Hammer Station

- healer listening to "overclocked dps" despite the tank spoonfeeding him correct tactics

- obligatory "tank" in dps spec

- occasional "dps" in tank spec (this one boggles my mind, voluntarily eating long queue only to get kicked...)

- "dps" in healer spec, lying about it (because nobody can see his procs or anything)

- "tank" in dps spec, dps gear, in HM Red Reaper, 51 minutes after installing the game and eating his insta-60 token

- whole bunch of people acting all pr0 while their chievos (and performance) tell completely different story

but one of the weirdest people in TRE GF...yours truly :cool:

I check chievos, I enforce proper kill order, I don't take kindly to people too lazy to ask for tactics, I will not hesitate to let people die if they repeatedly do stupid crap, and I will get into people's faces in a massive way if they start lying.

That said, even I am not insane enough to pug ops on TRE :p.

I pug ops almost every day and 9 times out of 10 it's just people zoom in, kill stuff, roll for loot, repeat until the end and it's just unremarkable. sometimes there's people who say or do weird things but nothing even close to the stories in this thread. I wish I was a weirdo magnet too :(

I pug ops almost every day and 9 times out of 10 it's just people zoom in, kill stuff, roll for loot, repeat until the end and it's just unremarkable. sometimes there's people who say or do weird things but nothing even close to the stories in this thread. I wish I was a weirdo magnet too :(

Well what I was trying to get at with my long post above is, having only just transferred to TRE and not knowing much about the server or its guilds (unlike ToFN where I can tell you which are capable, which are awesome, which have ego's that don't match their ability - all ToFN folks know who that is, starts with an H) I end up just joining the first guild that invites me. Now 2 days later I find its a guild of wierdo's with a couple of competent players sprinkled in making it look good.

A little bit of weird from a new guild member yesterday (joined same day, wanted to come on the GF DF raid and we were short one so whatever).

I won't go into too much of the run, but the new guy was bragging about being able to do 10k dps and how awesome he was and basically flexing in front of all these new people.

Proceeds to stand in bad stuff the whole time and has the lowest dps of anyone else in the group.

Didn't even have the courtesy to thank everyone for the carry...I can just see him trying to get into another op and bragging about how he downed DF no problem with his awesome 10k dps :rak_02:

all ToFN folks know who that is....

I've heard a rumour maybe a month ago that they moving to TRE as well. Also accidentally I've searched for them for some reason and there wasn't anybody online from them. Could be coincidence, not trying to make up any conspiracy theory.

People apparently don't appreciate sass. Got kicked from a group yesterday, and it's the second time for much the same reason - except this time I wasn't even rude! Impside this time - where I always tend to have problems in FPs, but that's usually just because imps on Jung Ma suck at PVE (note: I didn't bring that up during the actual FP).

Korriban tactical, which seems to hit pretty often whilst leveling my Madness Sorcerer (now in her 40s). The rest of the group are two Marauder guildies (not my guild, theirs), and one assassin, I think. Maras are over Lv50, sin was lowbie.

First off, they started running straight through to the fourth commander. I ask "Why does everybody always skip the commanders?" - posed as an honest question, which it was. This happens pretty often on imp side, and I didn't know if they knew something I didn't, like fighting the first boss would just progress the FP or what. Mara #1 says it's only their second time doing the FP, haven't done it since SoR came out. Other Mara asks me to show them where the commanders are. Assassin never says anything the whole FP.

Not saying another word, I run back and show them where the other commanders are, and we take them out. No biggie, time to move on. After we kill the fourth commander, I say "on the first boss, don't touch the cages after the adds come out". Mara #1 says "DON'T TOUCH CAGES. GOT IT." Taking the piss, obviously, but from what had been going on to this point, could I reasonably been expected to know that they knew better?

We kill the first boss with no problems, and move on. Get to the part about letting the slaves out - two maras and myself vote DS, sin doesn't vote at all. I say "Good choice : )". I hate it when goody two-shoes saps just let the slaves go free without fighting for their lives! Anyway...

Get to walking down the hill towards the next area, and Mara #1 initiates a vote-kick on me. Reason: 'Pretentious, sassy, cretin, bombastic, foolhardy.'

Pretentious? Well yeah, when you straight up tell me this is your second time running the FP in like a year, I'm gonna assume you don't know the FP. I do know it, and am more than happy to give gentle reminders. If that makes the fitting shoe pretentious, I'll wear it.

Sassy? Yes : )

Cretin? I didn't run from any fights, I don't see where they saw cowardice. I assume they just don't know what the word meant and like the sound of it or something.

Bombastic? Sometimes, when I'm having fun amongst guildies, sure. I don't see where that applied in the FP. I literally spoke three lines in the FP - asking why commanders were skipped, telling them to stfa from the cages, and 'Good choice : )'. Again, I'm currently assuming it's just a big word that they like, but don't know how to use.

Foolhardy? I didn't start any pulls or take any risks. A foolhardy cretin, no less? How does that even work?

In any case, the vote passed. I wished them happy wipes on the second boss (this group was going to wipe on the second boss. Repeatedly.). Requeued, got Korriban again, but with a decent team of 55+s that knew what they were doing, and all went smoothly. I probably completed the FP before my first group did :rak_03:

Anyway, yeah, I'm a sassy mofo. I know the FPs and most of the Ops, and have no problem explaining them. I also don't have a problem calling people out on their scrubbishness, BUT, I didn't even do that this time. I know the imps on Jung Ma are a sad, sensitive lot, so I try to not make them QQ too hard, because I just want to get my dailies done and be on with it. But damn, are they easy to piss off...

Cretin? I didn't run from any fights, I don't see where they saw cowardice. I assume they just don't know what the word meant and like the sound of it or something.

It doesn't mean coward, it means stupid. I think its a derogatory term for a type of medical issue, don't know which one.

Well what I was trying to get at with my long post above is, having only just transferred to TRE and not knowing much about the server or its guilds (unlike ToFN where I can tell you which are capable, which are awesome, which have ego's that don't match their ability - all ToFN folks know who that is, starts with an H) I end up just joining the first guild that invites me. Now 2 days later I find its a guild of wierdo's with a couple of competent players sprinkled in making it look good.

Well, then! The TRE situation is this: if you meet two people from the same guild in the same FP and their guild tag starts with "<" and ends with ">", they are probably weird. The good ones would go out of their way to get a full group and not have GF trash inflicted upon them :p. Chances for weirdness increase with these red flags: language-based guilds (I swear there is a, erm, guild that requires you to be a GTN scammer), <ALL CAPS>, <Hope We Can Fit This Whole Guild Name Into The Character Limit>, and more.

The "skill not warranting the attitude" problem is present as well.

Was in tactical Cademimu with a 4 dps team, two players around level 30 and two 65's (one 65 was me). We wiped once before first boss and the other 65 started complaining that group finder is broken when there are two low level players in the group and left. Replacement was also a dps (don't remember level) and we finished the rest of the FP without any major problems.

Reminded me also of a old thing that happened way back when Kuat Drive Yards and tacticals were introduced. One time encountered a player (around level 30) who completely panicked when the first enemies came into view and said that there is no way he can defeat enemies that are at max level (55 then) and dropped group.