The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I know some people 1-man 55HMFP, but here's another case of us 3-manning the FP when the tank bailed on us.

Mando Raiders. Prior to first boss with two dogs, tank AFK'ed on phone. Then after 10 minutes waiting, he had to bail for work. SMH. I cycled between my Jaesa and Quinn as they're the only geared comps I have.

So we continued the FP. I tanked it with my Marauder, wiped at 1st try but got it at 2nd try. Boss down. Proceeded to second boss, I was having high doubt about it since we are tankless, but I managed to mara tank it and we got the 4 classes boss down. Proceeded to last boss, pulled Quinn out, and I was surprised I managed to tank it through the end. At the last pair of turrets, a tank finally joined the group LOL. We killed the last boss as the tank was still loading but yeah, too bad for the tank.

Maybe I should do more mara tanking in the future. :p

I was doing the Gree event yesterday on my scoundrel, in a raid killing the wampa world boss.

When the boss was around half health, there was a huge raid entering the cave (must have been 20 people or so), all from the same guild. They proceeded to taunt the boss and drag him out of the cave, until it reset. After that they stole our kill.

And the best part? This was a republic guild. Thats right: reps stealing a kill from fellow reps. Too bad we are not allowed to post names here but their guild name starts with an M and its on the Red Eclipse server.

I was so disgusted I logged over to my sniper immediately afterwards.

Also because I had already met them earlier that evening, in the pvp zone, where a couple of them were killing Republic players .

Guess a certain amount of douchebaggery is to be expected during and event like this, but this is ridiculous. Cant remember meeting ******s of this level last time the event was active :(

Funny thing was on both my scoundrel and my sniper I died a few times in the pvp zone while doing my quests, which can be expected. But not counting deaths outside the pvp zone (mostly during world boss farm) I only died from attacks from my own faction.

My scoundrel got killed a few times by that douchebag guild I mentioned earlier, and my sniper got killed by Imperials only.

Is this a new trend? Only killing people from your own faction rather than the enemy? :p

Edited by bob-a

I was doing the Gree event yesterday on my scoundrel, in a raid killing the wampa world boss.

When the boss was around half health, there was a huge raid entering the cave (must have been 20 people or so), all from the same guild. They proceeded to taunt the boss and drag him out of the cave, until it reset. After that they stole our kill.

And the best part? This was a republic guild. Thats right: reps stealing a kill from fellow reps. Too bad we are not allowed to post names here but their guild name starts with an M and its on the Red Eclipse server.

Also because I had already met them earlier that evening, in the pvp zone, where a couple of them were killing Republic players .

Guess a certain amount of douchebaggery is to be expected during and event like this, but this is ridiculous. Cant remember meeting ******s of this level last time the event was active :(

Funny thing was on both my scoundrel and my sniper I died a few times in the pvp zone while doing my quests, which can be expected. But not counting deaths outside the pvp zone (mostly during world boss farm) I only died from attacks from my own faction.

My scoundrel got killed a few times by that douchebag guild I mentioned earlier, and my sniper got killed by Imperials only.

Is this a new trend? Only killing people from your own faction rather than the enemy? :p

Ouch man, that is really really low, taking a wb kill from a group, I can't say I've seen that level of scum in the game before. Worse? yes. But that is on a level apart from gb theives and trolls.

As to your second complaint, there is no faction in the free for all zone man. That is why everyone is red, and red means dead. I don't understand why people think there needs to be a code of chivelry or some sht in a free for all. Go grab some friends and kill em back. I say this as a full time pve player, who minors in pvp.

Have fun.

It's an open world PvP event and it's supposed to bring out the worst in people. I think you can see it as BW's version of what is depicted in the movie The Purge. There is no imp, no pub, only red or not red.

This is how it was designed and this is how it's going to be.

I'm fuzzy about the details, but I think the only change they made at some point was that you cannot kill someone from your same guild (which you could when it first came out). Not sure how it works now.

If you go the Gree area, even if it's the "PvE area" (where PvE relics don't work and PvP adrenals do, for example) be aware that you are a potential target the second you leave the outpost.

The weird people you meet in Group Finder: Relics of the Gree Event Edition.

So many funny things happened this event. Here are some of the highlights.

A character was crying out about getting ganked. Really badly. To the point where both Imps and Pubs banned together JUST TO GANK HIM. It was hysterical, and he was flipping out, like every 3 seconds a line of CAPS curses would fill up genchat.

There was a guild who would only let people in to the pylon if they gave the GM 50k for "protection."

During HM Xeno, one person rolled Greed for Red Sphere when everyone else (obviously) rolled Need. He the proceeded to demand everyone, as one left and the rest were getting ready to do a WB run, to reroll so he would have a fair chance. The problem was the person who left was the one who won the mount, and accused everyone of lying if they told him we didn't have it.

A group of pubs were standing on a cliff, getting a good view to see people to gank. As they were looking, a sin snuck up behind them and knocked all three off, killing them. Then THEY started to whine about cheating and being a coward.

A very detailed description in gen chat of how baby Gree are ... made.

A group CONVINCED a lvl 50 sniper none of his attacks were hitting in the pvp area because he needed aim gear.

Edited by Flintfire
Typo

Ouch man, that is really really low, taking a wb kill from a group, I can't say I've seen that level of scum in the game before. Worse? yes. But that is on a level apart from gb theives and trolls.

As to your second complaint, there is no faction in the free for all zone man. That is why everyone is red, and red means dead. I don't understand why people think there needs to be a code of chivelry or some sht in a free for all. Go grab some friends and kill em back. I say this as a full time pve player, who minors in pvp.

Have fun.

My complaint was mostly about the world boss, I just posted that second bit as a footnote so to speak.

I dont really care about dying in the pvp zone. ofc I dont like dying, who does after all, but I wont lose any sleep over it if you know what I mean.

I just go there for my quests and the strategy I generally use is not one of strenght but rather just a matter of staying beneath notice while I do my thing. ofc my scoundrels stealth ability facilitates this playstyle immensely.

I tend to see others as a liability instead of a benefit, because a group of four is much more likely to attract unwanted attention, especially if you have one of those explosivo's in the group that actually goes to seek out other people to fight while I just want to get my quests done so I can get the heck out.

ofcourse you die a few times but thats to be expected in a pvp zone, I wont whine about it. I was just amused no one of the enemy faction killed me while my own faction has on multiple occasions.

The weird people you meet in Group Finder: Relics of the Gree Event Edition.

So many funny things happened this event. Here are some of the highlights.

A character was crying out about getting ganked. Really badly. To the point where both Imps and Pubs banned together JUST TO GANK HIM. It was hysterical, and he was flipping out, like every 3 seconds a line of CAPS curses would fill up genchat.

There was a guild who would only let people in to the pylon if they gave the GM 50k for "protection."

During HM Xeno, one person rolled Greed for Red Sphere when everyone else (obviously) rolled Need. He the proceeded to demand everyone, as one left and the rest were getting ready to do a WB run, to reroll so he would have a fair chance. The problem was the person who left was the one who won the mount, and accused everyone of lying if they told him we didn't have it.

A group of pubs were standing on a cliff, getting a good view to see people to gank. As they were looking, a sin snuck up behind them and knocked all three off, killing them. Then THEY started to whine about cheating and being a coward.

A group CONVINCED a lvl 50 sniper none of his attacks were hitting in the pvp area because he needed aim gear.

Sounds like fun. Shame this guild with protection demand isn't on my server. I would pay in railshot :D

What people actually do doesn't equal 'optimal.' There are lots of people who do content (and even clear it) doing things sub-optimally/inefficiently. Nothing happened to change kbn's math in 1.7.

Do anyone play this as a fun experience? Why treat someone like dirt if they don't know all the maths and rotations if they are doing something you think is wrong or if you are unsure of something just communicate not initiate a kick vote or be rude to someone without telling them what they're doing wrong

On the subject of gree. I soloed the pvp missions, and while soloing a heavy republic war droid using my sniper a group of 4 reps turned up and watched but never attacked me. Either they felt sorry for me, thinking I had struggled to find a group, or they assumed "well no1 goes into pvp alone, there must be 3 stealthed people in his group." As such I was able to solo both pvp missions, just nobody attacked me (note, this is the pvp server, so full of people who want to pvp).

But by far the most annoying thing that has happened to me in gree. I was lfg for the heroic mission, and got invited to a group who were doing it in the pvp area as the mobs in the quest are weaker there. I turn up, along with the other 3 at which point they kick me from the group and kill me. The most annoying thing, the guy in charge of the group, and therefore the one that kicked me, was in the same guild as me.

Needless to say I asked him why hes so noob, having to group with people to lure them into pvp then jump them 3v1. He said he could easily take me 1 on 1 and, as this was in guild chat some1 in guild suggested we dueled. This bloke then refused to duel me, coming up with all sorts of excuses. However he was threatened with being kicked from the guild if he didn't duel me (most people in the guild seemed to agree with me that this is a noob move).

He therefore met me in the imp base, dueled me and I won. This other bloke was so annoyed he wanted to rematch, there was another 2 people from the guild watching and reporting back the winners. We repeated the duel over and over until the other bloke won, at which point he declared in guild chat that he is best. It was then pointed out by the people watching that I had killed him 17 times before he won the duel. Everyone in guild started flaming him until he quit the guild :).

Edited by BobFredJohn

That's harassment and griefing, according to the ToS. Don't do it again.

This is NOT against the ToS, but I can see why it isn't. Also: Ew.

That's not weird or funny, just wrong. Edited by MishraArtificer

Whoah, duuuuuuuude....

I think you might want to look for a new guild :/

I know I wouldn't want to be going into an operation with someone like that (ref.: My posts dropping respect for heroes of PvP in this very thread.).

As far as I understood the story, the majority of the guild supported BobFredJohn, and that one rotten apple eventually left the guild. So a happy ending there :)

Whoah, duuuuuuuude....

I think you might want to look for a new guild :/

I know I wouldn't want to be going into an operation with someone like that (ref.: My posts dropping respect for heroes of PvP in this very thread.).

As with every guild they all have their bad points. In this particular case I was happy with the outcome, it seemed most of the guild felt ganking a fellow guild member to be lowest of the low :). Ofc there are a list of things about the guild I don't like, but then I could say that about the guild my imps were in before and about the guild my reps are in. Nothing is ever perfect, and that is why I put up with a lack of it.

What was quite funny was when I did my gree event the following day, called out LFG heroic... got an invite, went to the group then it pops up in chat box *group leader* has inviteded *bloke from my previous story*. I whispered to the group leader what this bloke is like, and as soon as he accepted invite group leader kicked him back out :p made my day.

Hammer Station, lowbie Assassin

1st attempt:

"Group! Yay!"

People load slowly in. Healer stays out of instance. DPS1 disconnects, DPS2 initiated vote kick after 15 seconds, DPS1 reconnects and apologizes -> gets kicked. DPS2 exits area and group. Healer still doesn't load in but he is there because he queued us again. No deeps in queue.

2nd attempt (finally completed FP)

- Assassin who kept Overload on cooldown

- Sniper who only spam basic attack

- Merc healer who lets tank die because tank guarded melee dps

- Merc healer who only heals tank from <30% to full and switches back to damage (this isn't even funny!)

First group on RE was great (even for KDY :eek:) but I guess reality hits sooner or later...

Edited by Halinalle

Do anyone play this as a fun experience? Why treat someone like dirt if they don't know all the maths and rotations if they are doing something you think is wrong or if you are unsure of something just communicate not initiate a kick vote or be rude to someone without telling them what they're doing wrong

LOL

You responded to a post more than a year old and more than 400 pages back in the thread

As with every guild they all have their bad points. In this particular case I was happy with the outcome, it seemed most of the guild felt ganking a fellow guild member to be lowest of the low :). Ofc there are a list of things about the guild I don't like, but then I could say that about the guild my imps were in before and about the guild my reps are in. Nothing is ever perfect, and that is why I put up with a lack of it.

What was quite funny was when I did my gree event the following day, called out LFG heroic... got an invite, went to the group then it pops up in chat box *group leader* has inviteded *bloke from my previous story*. I whispered to the group leader what this bloke is like, and as soon as he accepted invite group leader kicked him back out :p made my day.

Lol!

Poetic justice, I love it :)

1. Really hate tanks that when they get agro of a NPC group and while are all around him he knocks them away, while the 2 dps try to AOE them. And the wierd is that arent any bridges or cliffs to fall them off:mad:

2. Had and that, i was in a Tactical FP, the other 3 was from same guild (Republic, im sure you know the name of it, in the Red Eclipse), they kicked me from group before last boss, without a notice or complain in all the run. Done it and to other players and some of those they named them into general chat in the next few days, as guild that must be avoied.

Edited by Kissakias

Just had an...experience, yeah thats probably the word....when helping someone on lowbie boarding party.

I was on fleet with my 55 jugg and I get a whipser from someone asking for help with boarding party. He invites me and I see he is a lvl 29 sorc, so this is going to be an sm run with him using a 55 to take him through. Still I got nothing better to do, so off we go.

We get to the first boss and I ask if he knows the fights, he says he got past this 1 with his group, this intrigued me and I asked him.

me: Why didn't you stay with the group?

him: they kicked me

me: why

him: I don't know

I leave it at that and we kill the boss, now as lvl 55 there is little point me clicking greed on lvl 33 stuff, if 2k is going to break my bank at 55 i'm doing something wrong lol. As such I click pass, but this sorc clicks need on the item (a green aim item). I make little of it as i clicked pass anyway. We go through the mission and I see he clicks need on everything, heavy armour, str, cunning and aim gear/stims, crew skill missions, EVERYTHING. Still I passed on everything so I am not annoyed, but I think I see why his group kicked him and thought I would help him out.

I tell him people don't like when someone needs on everything, and he will have more fun with a group using the loot system properly. He then asks what the loot system is (I assumed he would know by lvl 29) so I explain it to him, the whole need/greed/pass and what they are used for. After a good few minutes explanation he says he doesn't get it.

Now this is either a ninja looter who doesn't want to admit it, or someone slightly slow. We finish the mission and go our separate ways. I decide to leave him off my ignore as I would be interested to see when he hits 55 and starts questing I may meet him, and I can see if hes learnt to loot correctly.

On a completely unrelated note, however has cheered me up no end, I finally got through DMC4 mission 11 hell and hell after 4 months (5 tries per day) of struggling sanctus :D

Edited by BobFredJohn

That's harassment and griefing, according to the ToS. Don't do it again.

No it isnt. If youre on a pvp server or in a pvp area on a pve server, you are there because you made the choice to be there. You cant complain about the consequences of a situation entirely under your control.

Furthermore, from a purely philosophical standpoint, ANYONE whining about getting ganked when they made the choice to allow that, deserves to be camped.

Yesterday I did Athiss and this jedi knight would attack everything! Even if we stunned the guys so we culd sneak past

He would attack them. Also at the beginning we jumped down the elavator shaft he died 3 times. Everyone was glad

when he quit.