The Old Republic Insider - April 2013

CourtneyWoods

That will most likely be fixed by the armor dyes, because if you dye the Valiant Jedi Armor Set black Primary Silver Secondary, it becomes a hoodless Eradicator chest, and Vice-Versa.

that does not fix the problem im talking about because if I show head slot it removes the hood as someone previously posted a link where kallig wore his mask and hood before head slots started removing hoods

images are very small

how it used to work

http://img.youtube.com/vi/Dd_4dWZSESo/1.jpg

now

http://img.youtube.com/vi/b7k5Sfc-K6Q/1.jpg

Edited by xAZUREx

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hood toggle was meant to hit in 1.3. I believe we'll get new information either tomorrow or on Tuesday. I am so much hoping that hood toggle wasn't mentioned because insider deals with cartel market stuff.

You guys should rename The Old Republic Insider into Cartel Market insider, though.

Highly doubting it, but with 2.1 being named Customization, is there any hope of -power- customization? Would be sweet finally getting blue Force Lightning instead of ugly purple...

sweet idea i actually forgot about wanting things like that

Love the idea of re-customization from a kiosk, and everyone who's griping that it's tied to the Cartel Market...there was no indication of that in the video.

Pretty sure one of the Cantina Tours mentioned Cartel tied.

Highly doubting it, but with 2.1 being named Customization, is there any hope of -power- customization? Would be sweet finally getting blue Force Lightning instead of ugly purple...

1000 TIMES YES!!! There are many more ability color I'd like to change besides this (for example, make the marauder effects green instead of red so I can actually have green sabers look cool in combat) but this is the biggest one. This is STAR WARS, not World of Cowcraft, we use Force Lightning, not 'magic'!

Edit: Oh yeah, and with the armor recoloring, I'll finally be able to turn my hazmat weaponmaster's piece into the true, original dread guard marauder color first shown on the PTS: RED!

Edited by idnewton

Probably never, though it's not impossible. They've already stated they don't plan to add it. It's so involved, not only with companions but with class story options and things like that. Very, very unlikely it will ever get added.

Looking forward to the armor dyes and customization. Will be so sad if it.s all just cartel related content and cannot purchase with ingame credits especially when I am already a subscriber.

Rest assured, at least some of the dyes are confirmed to be craftable :) Other things may also be obtainable by means other than cartel coins, but at the moment I believe that is all we know.

Edited by idnewton

Appearance Designer Kiosk

• Allow you to change your hairstyle, your haircolor, eyecolor, species, scars, tattoos
  • Introduced a few new hairstyles and hair colors for certain species
  • Plans to continue introduce options in the appearance designer in the future months at a regular cadence.
  • Roleplay players can enjoy the ability to customize their character’s appearance as their character level up (i.e. adding battle scars after a big battle).
  • Cartel coins only but there is a permanent discount on all appearance designer kiosk options for subscribers – up to 50% on a lot of options such as species change.
  • If you want to change your character to a Cathar example, there is just a one time fee associated with all the Cathar options.
  • Charging on a per slider basis – if you just want to change your eye color for example, you can just jump in, change it right away and just get charged for that.
  • For species changes, you can preview any species, play around with it, and then decide to unlock that species (if you don’t already have it) directly from the kiosk for credits or cartel coins.
  • Kiosks are placed in fleet and in capital worlds for now.
  • Accessing the Kiosk will be similar to character creation – it will load up a full portrait view of your character and you can zoom in and out as needed.
  • You can change pretty much anything you can change in character creation – scars, tattoos, species, etc.

Dye Modules

• Give you the ability to either dye entire armor sets or mix-match specific pieces of armor.
  • Two portions of your gear are dyeable: primary color and secondary color (i.e. for Havoc squad armor, white would be primary color and orange would be the secondary color).
  • Dye modules come in primary only, secondary only, and primary & secondary mixed.
  • Dye modules are consumables so you can insert them to change colors but gets destroyed once you pull them out.
  • You will see them in the cartel market for direct purchase, in future packs (i.e. contraband packs and beyond), a certain amount of colors are available through crafting (no details on the crew skills involved but you can RE them), and some unique colors from the security key and Collector’s Edition vendors. Expect more colors to be added in the coming months.
  • Dye modules work off the current item enhancement/modding system. You will just open up the item modification panel for any gear you want to dye, drop a dye module in the new dye module slot, and hit accept to have it dyed.
  • Many pieces of equipment will be able to be dyed and you can preview a dye module on that specific piece of equipment before hitting accept.
  • Unified to chest also works – you can just dye your chest piece and have the color applied to rest of your outfit.
  • Some items are not dyeable – anything below L15, anything green (unless it comes from crafting), are generally not dyeable.
  • Lore outfits like armor of Jolee Bindo are not dyeable.

here you go, made it easier for the eyes reading the forums make em hurt because of the color scheme

Edited by xAZUREx

What I am curious about is how these armor dyes will work. I've played games where the dyes simply dye over the top of the preexisting color which causes some bleed through, you try to dye a pair of pants black to match your top, or gloves and the shades are off. Also many pieces of gear have more than one color pattern, will we be able to control what get dyed what? If I wanted Revan's mask to be true white, or true black is that possible?

Ok and if "Lore outfits like armor of Jolee Bindo are not dyeable."

I get this for the chest, really a shame because not making them dyeable only makes them less of a demand. However does this apply as well to Revan's mask? With the color blend system out already the mask can be everything from brown, green, grey and near total black.

Will it still blend that way after 2.1?

Edited by Maelekie
addition

"Plans to continue introduce options in the appearance designer in the future months at a regular cadence."

Is this about as "regular" as the CE was updated? :rolleyes:

Also, It is hysterical they are charging for Barbershop changes per slider. (and by hysterical, I mean absolutely pathetic). The Greed continues.

Edited by veyl

Also, It is hysterical they are charging for Barbershop changes per slider. (and by hysterical, I mean absolutely pathetic). The Greed continues.

So you'd prefer they charge the same price for changing everything on a character that they charge for changing one aspect? That doesn't make much sense to me.

So you'd prefer they charge the same price for changing everything on a character that they charge for changing one aspect? That doesn't make much sense to me.

I would prefer them not to charge real life money at all. Customization appearances should be done with Credits and that's it. (Though it's too early to tell without word from Bioware if you will be able to buy certain appearance changes with credits from other people who purchased them with CM coins and put them on the GTN. If they keep this method (but I'm being pessimistic here and say they will not as this costs them real cash to do so) it would not be so bad.)

Things that should be charged real life money for : Race changes // Gender Changes // Name Changes (though good luck with this one at this point) // Realm Changes // Legacy Name changes... much more understandable.

What I am curious about is how these armor dyes will work. I've played games where the dyes simply dye over the top of the preexisting color which causes some bleed through, you try to dye a pair of pants black to match your top, or gloves and the shades are off. Also many pieces of gear have more than one color pattern, will we be able to control what get dyed what? If I wanted Revan's mask to be true white, or true black is that possible?

Ok and if "Lore outfits like armor of Jolee Bindo are not dyeable."

I get this for the chest, really a shame because not making them dyeable only makes them less of a demand. However does this apply as well to Revan's mask? With the color blend system out already the mask can be everything from brown, green, grey and near total black.

Will it still blend that way after 2.1?

i imagine it the same way as unify to chest which is why you can individuality color pieces or just the chest and unify it

that and fable 2 dye

"Plans to continue introduce options in the appearance designer in the future months at a regular cadence."

Is this about as "regular" as the CE was updated? :rolleyes:

I find your lack of faith disturbing.....*Force Choke*

In all seriousness, I can't wait for the update! I put a lot of effort into getting my character looking good as well as fighting effectively, and it'll be great to see more features to help with this.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.....*Force Choke*

In all seriousness, I can't wait for the update! I put a lot of effort into getting my character looking good as well as fighting effectively, and it'll be great to see more features to help with this.

well as a CE owner... It's kind of warranted animosity :) I'm glad they're adding this stuff, just not happy that they're trying to make money off that as well.

Cartel Market is already doing wonders for the game, forcing all customizations to be Cartel Coin bought is just greed. (If that is the case of course... Hopefully not all the customizations will be this way. If they had any intelligence and respect for their customers... they will make sure there are Credit versions of customization purchases from this Kiosk)