The Old Republic Insider - April 2013

CourtneyWoods

Not happening. They won't allow that, because the names you make are unique and no more than one can have that name. Also, it would be too confusing to keep up who's who in ones friend's list and also in a Guild. You can call customer service instead and they can let you rename your character, probably. However, that doesn't guarantee that you'll get the name you want or that they'll let you rename your character.

I don't see how the fact that names are unique would prevent a character renaming service. I understand that new names would affect friends lists and such, but this issue could be circumvented by limiting name changes to once a month. Many other MMOs have this basic feature and it will come to SWTOR eventually (albeit for cartel coins most likely). Hell, it was even advertised on the site some time ago before it was promptly removed :rolleyes:

Edited by Angelshooter

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was excited about everything until the guy kept saying that one poisonous word.......Cartel, cartel, cartel, cartel, cartel. I know you pay 15 bucks a month but here pay more for something basic like armor dye and a barber shop.

Cartel Market

As long as a Dev doesn't confirm this service will be available only by paying with Cartel Coins, you can't assume anything.

All this customization stuff is great I am looking forward to it. I would also like to know how far away we are from seeing some Guild love, like guild emblems for your armor and guild capital ships. I am sure there is a lot of people wanting this to be done.

So is the entire character customization thing gonna be through the cartel market?

Maybe we can also have a "Fix bolster" consumable at the CM huh? Or how about a "Make a dev respond" holo-comm?

They said you can use in-game credits to purchase all the stuff from the customization

If you guys listen to what Cory Butler was saying, the customization change will be a Kiosk, meaning you can purchase these things with IN-GAME CREDITS

I have seen many strange and stupid things done to SWTOR by BioWare, so excuse me to be skeptical.

If you guys listen to what Cory Butler was saying, the customization change will be a Kiosk, meaning you can purchase these things with IN-GAME CREDITS

That's an assumption.

The last official word is that it was for CC's only which, of course, led to the forums blowing up for a few days. I'm hopeful that they've rethought that plan but until there's an official post stating that credits can be used I'll remain skeptical.

If it remains CC only, I predict after a couple weeks it'll sit there gathering dust much like the IG cartel market vendor.

I don't see how the fact that names are unique would prevent a character renaming service. I understand that new names would affect friends lists and such, but this issue could be circumvented by limiting name changes to once a month. Many other MMOs have this basic feature and it will come to SWTOR eventually (albeit for cartel coins most likely). Hell, it was even advertised on the site some time ago before it was promptly removed :rolleyes:

Just because other MMOs have it, doesn't mean it will be in SWTOR. Maybe changing legacy name, but the first name would make things complicated. An example being a guild member being kicked out because of his or her attitude, but then changes their characters name and appearance and gets back into the guild. Or worse raid the Guild bank of its items or credits. Mind you someone can just make another character, but letting them change their name in a snap welcomes problems. I would like if we could change our legacy names, but unless they anounce it, my conclusion is no for the name changer.

#1 Armor recoloring

I just hope it works right because unify to chest sometimes brings out the worst colors that don't even match and weren't even noticeable to begin with

Not to mention a trooper can now get armor (because they're all the same) with a pattern they like and choose the color instead of being stuck with a nice chest color or chest pattern

I also have this thing with getting color crystals to match the gear set

#2 Change character appearance

Yes finally I made my guys face on my old laptop when I had to use the lowest settings and hopefully they will be adding new hairstyles and eye colors because I want red but with dark side options still hidden

If that's true I'm kinda hoping subs get cheaper prices or F2P have to buy cartel authorization I don't like them getting equal features to someone who pays

Edited by xAZUREx
do I need to give a reason. my comments didn't merge

If you let us choose a new body type besides the regular 4 types, I'd be willing to blow some CC on it. Specifically the tall female Voss body type that we cant make our characters.

Also, playing a Cathar could be somewhat fun... just pretend you are playing as Cheetor from Beast Wars.

Awesome things coming in this patch thanks BW, but i would like to see more things like more PVP content also i would like to see the hood toggle option (also i hope it let you use some masks or headgear that used to work in beta and even in the PTS like Kallig's Countenance
or http://oi46.tinypic.com/2qdwxf7.jpg ) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Edited by DarthNexuss

At last! Customization! yay! And even better than I hoped! Can't wait! In the cathar video it shows a female cathar bounty hunter with that long , how is it called? ponytail? from top of her head. Will this be available for rattataki females PLEASEEEEEEEE!?!?!??! It will look SO amazing. Please hair cuts for rattataki females? I really love the one I just mentioned, which it will be awesome for them and the number 23 hairstyle if u make human female...the one Kira Karsen has, is really cool. Light bluish in color or black ones will be nice for them I believe. PLEASE!?!?!? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

At last! Customization! yay! And even better than I hoped! Can't wait! In the cathar video it shows a female cathar bounty hunter with that long , how is it called? ponytail? from top of her head. Will this be available for rattataki females PLEASEEEEEEEE!?!?!??! It will look SO amazing. Please hair cuts for rattataki females? I really love the one I just mentioned, which it will be awesome for them and the number 23 hairstyle if u make human female...the one Kira Karsen has, is really cool. Light bluish in color or black ones will be nice for them I believe. PLEASE!?!?!? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The Star Wars Wiki stated that Rattataki are "characterized by their chalk-white skin and bald heads." Keywords BALD HEADS. Don't think we'll ever see Rattataki with hair.

I don't understand why they have been postponing the hood toggle option its been requested by how many members for god knows how long its probably number 1 most wanted thing if everyone voted

That will most likely be fixed by the armor dyes, because if you dye the Valiant Jedi Armor Set black Primary Silver Secondary, it becomes a hoodless Eradicator chest, and Vice-Versa.

That will most likely be fixed by the armor dyes, because if you dye the Valiant Jedi Armor Set black Primary Silver Secondary, it becomes a hoodless Eradicator chest, and Vice-Versa.

That's not a fix though. That's just another set of armour that looks similar.