The Old Republic Insider - April 2013

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shame we're being extorted for basic features again, but I expect it at this point so I'm not going to rant. Glad to see the features that the game should have launched with finally being added.

Quoted for truth. Basic feature in games from 10 years ago. SWG even had this.

The amount of people that are so happy to shell out more money to EA for basic features that should have already been in game is quite alarming. And before you say, "well EA needs to make some money to keep the game running", perhaps if they had included these basic features from the get-go there wouldn't be a need to go f2p.

I really do hope that the armor dye and the re-face thing are default for subscribers, and I hope the only reason its in the cartel market is so that non-subscribers can purchase them as well... really disappointing if we have to pay even more money for fairly basic features such as these... also, on a side note, I'd really, really, love it if there where a option that allowed the destroyer chestpiece to have the hood up, I love wearing it as a marauder, and its not complete without the hood. :jawa_mad: Edited by Prixs

Hmphf.

Sad state of affairs when something that will almost certainly be exclusive to that obnoxious travesty of a cash-shop gets the community to go "squee!"

Why else are the gear-sets available through normal game-play all so awful-looking, you think?

Typical EA:

Let's extort real money out of people for basic features that are completely free/included in....every other game in existence.

So with all of these new character customizations, how long until we're allowed to change ACs with a CC cost?

...or gender change, or name change, or server change. These are considered -basic- services by most MMO's today, and they are a great money maker for any game, not just MMO's. It would be like printing money for SWTOR.

...or gender change, or name change, or server change. These are considered -basic- services by most MMO's today, and they are a great money maker for any game, not just MMO's. It would be like printing money for SWTOR.

Unfortunately the current game coding won't allow for gender changes, under the title of "Never Ever because reasons *hand wave*". So, SWTOR can never offer the full range of "basic services" that every other MMO has. Because they've somehow coded gender to be fundamental to the game's workings.

May the 4th is coming up and as a huge Star Wars NERD I would love to see Bioware release 2.1 or do something to join in the Star Wars celebration that day. I am sure that I am not the only one who would like to see this happen. If not, than May the 4th be with you. :D

Watched the video, thought EA was making one of their oh so VERY, VERY rare good decisions, by making customizations and armour dyes and stuff...

...Then says it's Cartel Market Exclusive.

*shakes head* Classic EA. Will you ever learn? Ever?

Edited by Bugattiboy

Cathar - Am I the only person who doesn't think Cathar are anything to write home about?

you mean the Vah Shir? err... i mean the Kerran? umm wait... what? You're not excited about playing kitties like we could in eq1 and eq2?? :rak_02:

Not happening. They won't allow that, because the names you make are unique and no more than one can have that name. Also, it would be too confusing to keep up who's who in ones friend's list and also in a Guild. You can call customer service instead and they can let you rename your character, probably. However, that doesn't guarantee that you'll get the name you want or that they'll let you rename your character.

There is no problem with an in-game rename. Think about it. We log into our account at the moment to make a new character. We choose a name and the game goes off and checks a list. If its not on the list then we get it.

In the new system they would use the same list.... We choose the new name, game goes off to check the list, if it's not on the list we get it and our characters details are over written...

Simple

2/3rds of the way there. Colour changer: check. Appearance changer: check.

One last thing: ABILITY TO LOWER YOUR DAMN HOOD!!!! I don't think anyone would be offended if you could be able to DO that!!! COME ON!!!!

Good stuff. Keep going and you might catch up to my old favs for customation.

The vaunted old now retired City of Heroes.

Not being snarky... it's simply true.

We need body mass and height sliders and facial customization within the custom faces. Eye tilt, nose angle... there are no male faces with a ski slope Bob hope nose for example and if there were... it would probably not have the eyes tilted as one wished... All these little details that don't seem like much till you stop and think about it... and when you do you realise... "Hell yah! Why isn't this active now?!"

Another example.... Beard stubble should be in beards NOT in whatever the hell it's in right now. Cause where it is you can only have rugged stubble one your males if you want goggleface tan or the silly bushy eyebrows face. 2 options with manly stubble but this girl (me) hates both of them.

We need to be able to take body size 1-2 -3 and 4 and be able to alter the mass proportions of each part. Each of the 4 should be given a min and max height. I for one would love to be able to play a Tyrion Lanister inspired Sithlord or Jedi.

I wan't Gene-Genie, my Gene Hunt inspired Imp agent to look as much as Philip Glenister as humanly possible. For the shere giggle factor of it. As of now I'm stuck with a face and hair that doesn't quite work but comes sorta close and body size 4 cause I'd rather er on the side of humor... But ideally he would be something between 3 and 4.

You folks see what I'm getting at here?

I've got a body size 3 blue male twilek in the relaxed jumpsuit and his chest is so massive it eats/clips the straps. I could fix that with a body slider for chest easy... Withought you having to dicker with each armor bit.

Anyway. This is a good continuance of customability. Splendid work gang. Keep going, don't stop now.

Luv yah,

Cheerio! :)

Edited by RogueDemonhunter
spelling