Assassins/Shadows are OP

Arcanesin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's asking you to point to where the big bad Assassin touched you.

and which one of the 50 crying sins failing to mask their fear of getting balanced would that be? you point him out. im guessing its not the 45 (80/90% of sins) that suck at pvp anyway.

Edited by HexDecimalUK

For Sniper/Gunslinger last thing to do is to cry about Sins/Shadows.......

Sins/Shadows are counter to Slingers/Snipers. So don't go QQ, if you lost 1 vs 1.

Also it's Sniper/Slinger that are putting insane continuously damage in wz, while having all these roots!

and then they also gave Slingers/Snipers, roll and stealth detection.

So WT* Your whining about?!

and so how you exactly are you going to prove that Sins/Shadows are OP, cause they killed you 1 vs 1?!

L2P then.

In my opinion, your just raging cause probably some better player than you kicked your ***.

Also don't be "proud" of playing Sniper/Slinger, and claiming Sins/Shadows are OP.

Because more of the PVP RANKED SWTOR community, thinks that Snipers/Slingers are FOTM.

(Not saying that Sins didn't get boost, but IMO every class got Boost, and I think that the PVP content is pretty balanced now)

PS.: Why would a Deception Assassin use "Crushing Darkness"........in your video.

Edited by ProKsnNwk

you say you can make out the levels 50/51 and claim its before patch as in before 51 is possible that says it all

You realize that they did not remove the expertise until after the expansion right?

and which one of the 50 crying sins failing to mask their fear of getting balanced would that be? you point him out. im guessing its not the 45 (80/90% of sins) that suck at pvp anyway.

They can nerf deception into the ground just as long as they do something with madness.

Edited by cycao

You realize that they did not remove the expertise until after the expansion right?

now you have lost me, your repeating what i said to you on the previous page, who are you arguing with, do you even know what your talking about? how does eat food? what ams the sky? :confused:

I've said this since beta: Assassin/Shadow is the most balanced and ideal class for PvP.

They have good damage, stealth, plenty of CC, solo and group utility, and escape tools. While other classes outshine them in some areas, overall, Assassin/Shadow continues to excel in PvP. Case in point, I see more Valor 100 Assassin/Shadows than any other class.

Does that make them OP? No. The only time I remember hearing them whine with a unified voice was the change to Shockwave from an AoE to a frontal cone knockback. I think most would agree that it is better now.

I've said this since beta: Assassin/Shadow is the most balanced and ideal class for PvP.

They have good damage, stealth, plenty of CC, solo and group utility, and escape tools. While other classes outshine them in some areas, overall, Assassin/Shadow continues to excel in PvP. Case in point, I see more Valor 100 Assassin/Shadows than any other class.

Does that make them OP? No. The only time I remember hearing them whine with a unified voice was the change to Shockwave from an AoE to a frontal cone knockback. I think most would agree that it is better now.

so what your saying is sins are perfectly balanced as long as everyone else plays sins in PVP? what other areas are you talking about to balance sins? pve? im not sure its noticed and doubt that having an advantage over sins against npcs in some situations is much consolation to those who play on PVP servers where balance matters. and i remember the time someone told another story :rolleyes:

now you have lost me, your repeating what i said to you on the previous page, who are you arguing with, do you even know what your talking about? how does eat food? what ams the sky? :confused:

Well expertise was only removed last Tuesday and this video could have been made...eh whats the point.

My other points are just as strong I don't know why you got all hung up on this one which was equally as valid.

i think your doing more than enough with madness

Sure I am doing "ok" with it but madness lost a decent chunk of its damage from maul and shock being removed from its rotation making it incredibly hard to actually kill a target.

Force management sucks now, lost instant WW and its squish.

Edited by cycao

Maul, Shock, Maul and my lowbie Sin has the target under 30% if not dead. Deception Sins are pretty squishy but with stealth and all the CC they have they can be very nasty in the hands of a skilled player. However, they only look OP because a really well played Sin can make 2-3 average or below average players look very very bad. Edited by DimeStax

Maul, Shock, Maul and my lowbie Sin has the target under 30% if not dead. Deception Sins are pretty squishy but with stealth and all the CC they have they can be very nasty in the hands of a skilled player. However, they only look OP because a really well played Sin can make 2-3 average or below average players look very very bad.

I have seen guys do this with several classes, "well played" is the key phrase there. Your right with the rotation and how they can be nearly dead etc. This is not an OP class though it is single target dmg not AOE like other classes have and this class can be wiped out to by one or two Ranged DPS if they play smart and not just spam buttons.

Assassins is one of those 'borderline fair' classes. They're overpowered in the sense that they basically can do just about anything besides healing other people, and they do all of those well and some aspects superbly. But they're not like 'totally unfair' like say, Smash on Voidstar.

As long as you still have stuff like Smash on Voidstar (no real way to neutralize the ability due to the inevitable fights near the doors) the Assassin is probably okay. If they got rid of the totally unfair (but circumstantial) abilities the Assassin would be the next 'totally unfair' class. That said, the 'totally unfair' classes are sometimes quite mortal when not in a map that optimizes their strength.

so what your saying is sins are perfectly balanced as long as everyone else plays sins in PVP? what other areas are you talking about to balance sins? pve?

Uh no. Assassin/Shadow is probably the most well-balanced class for PvP. Learn to read.

Edited by TheronFett

All true that vengeance and carnage will put out higher burst. A sniper will also burst higher and at range.

Deception is also the easiest tree in the game to kite, as it doesn't have any abilities over 10m. A warrior can leap to you from 30m, can hit you with 2-3 abilities from 30m, has multiple slows -- a deception sin has an absolute range of 10m, ONE slow and a Sprint that can be rooted, no Pull either.

Get this, on my sorc I go through warzones with ZERO deaths with having a couple of these guys on me. Granted, I play a hybrid sorc so I have bubble mezz and knockback root, but it's just too easy to kite deception if you know what you're doing.

True, if you don't know what you're doing it can be difficult to deal with.

Edited by Monterone

All true that vengeance and carnage will put out higher burst. A sniper will also burst higher and at range.

Deception is also the easiest tree in the game to kite, as it doesn't have any abilities over 10m. A warrior can leap to you from 30m, can hit you with 2-3 abilities from 30m, has multiple slows -- a deception sin has an absolute range of 10m, ONE slow and a Sprint that can be rooted, no Pull either.

Get this, on my sorc I go through warzones with ZERO deaths with having a couple of these guys on me. Granted, I play a hybrid sorc so I have bubble mezz and knockback root, but it's just too easy to kite deception if you know what you're doing.

True, if you don't know what you're doing it can be difficult to deal with.

Deception, along with Concealment Ops, fills a rather weird role of 'occasional 1on1 wonder'. For example I was really puzzled against this Concealment Ops who beats me 1on1 3 out of 4 times whenever I encounter him and yet he does 1/3 the damage as do on the scoreboard. By my estimation if he can reliably beat me 1on1 then he must do at least as much damage as I do, but the scoreboard shows this is clearly not true. So I asked teammate to watch this player and they say reported back this guy spends all his time rolling in a circle whenever they actually saw him, so basically each time I do encounter him he must have all his CDs up while I obviously use them as necessary in the whole time I spent fighting everyone else on the team. Deception is like this too. If you just wait to pick someone off you can probably win 3 out of 4 but it's not clear if this offsets the fact that you're doing the equivalent of rolling in a circle when your CDs aren't up. Certainly if a Deception Assassin shows his face in a large fight it's very easy to neutralize him.

Don't have an issue with the class on my vigilance guardian, pre-55. The only times problems arise are when they are not solo, which happens. At such moments you appreciate more than ever how ridiculous cc is in this game. Ignoring the fact that this is not a 1v1 game every class comes equipped with enough cc to deal with any other class and when you have more than 1 together chaining their endless cc and high dps it becomes a completely idiotic exercise. And consular/inquisitor types have tons of cc although they are not the only ones. Edited by Aelaias

Deception, along with Concealment Ops, fills a rather weird role of 'occasional 1on1 wonder'. For example I was really puzzled against this Concealment Ops who beats me 1on1 3 out of 4 times whenever I encounter him and yet he does 1/3 the damage as do on the scoreboard. By my estimation if he can reliably beat me 1on1 then he must do at least as much damage as I do, but the scoreboard shows this is clearly not true. So I asked teammate to watch this player and they say reported back this guy spends all his time rolling in a circle whenever they actually saw him, so basically each time I do encounter him he must have all his CDs up while I obviously use them as necessary in the whole time I spent fighting everyone else on the team. Deception is like this too. If you just wait to pick someone off you can probably win 3 out of 4 but it's not clear if this offsets the fact that you're doing the equivalent of rolling in a circle when your CDs aren't up. Certainly if a Deception Assassin shows his face in a large fight it's very easy to neutralize him.

yes many operatives and assassins hide in the corner not helping their team until they have all their CDs, stims etc available to take out that one guy. In my mind it's not a playstyle that bioware should be advocating, but oh well.

it does not it gets resisted.

Dirty kick is tech, just like backstab is tech too. The game's classification of ability is not always intuitive, but generally speaking most of the powerful abilities are force/tech because force/tech normally don't get resisted.