Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vice Commandant’s Contraband Pack

CourtneyWoods

The crafting materials are now outdated. Grade 6 stuff is no longer that useful and some of it is so common ie Ciridium that it should not be included. Need grade 8+ as rare crafting materials in all honesty In future packs

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gullesvupper,

The Stalwart Protector's Armor Set is the Trooper character creation armor. We will be posting a preview image with the Cartel Market Update blog, which I'll be putting up on the site tomorrow. :sy_havoc:

Nice, is the Jedi Knight Character creation Armor finally in, too?

All the crappy recolours and badly made gear sets and the materials are your biggest issue? :p

Actually yes, the mats are worthless now and as a result the vast majority of the packs will be so too, looking for a X helmet? Have a jawagram and some garbage mats instead. Grade 9 and 10 mats would at least add some value to the "filler". Breaking it down to value terms the chance to obtain good stuff from these packs is significantly lower than any other because the game has moved on and the pack items have not.

Just a question from uneducated person - what's the deal with "relaxed" outfits, both old ones and new ones? When I saw those first time I thought it's really weird, something I wouldn't put on my character or comp or spend credits on. Then I realized it's fairly popular. Is there any special reason for it or is just my taste different from majority?

Likely many reasons. For me, I thought it went really great with Revan's Robe Leggings on my JK and SW. I think as new items get added however, you will see it replaced more and more, and then only used by those who really do like it.

I still use the moddable version of the Aspiring Jedi Knight Vest on my Smuggler (level 55) because I think that's what looks best on her :)

Hey Gullesvupper,

The Stalwart Protector's Armor Set is the Trooper character creation armor. We will be posting a preview image with the Cartel Market Update blog, which I'll be putting up on the site tomorrow. :sy_havoc:

Hey Courtney, slight derailment, but while we have your attention discussing armors...

Can you ask the artists to take a look at the way the jumpsuits' tube top makes our character's chests look? They really flatten out compared to any of the dancer's. This is particularly bad of body type 3 I believe it is? (the really tall one), but it's not as severe for some other body types. I noticed a huge difference just looking at the preview picture in the blog. That character I think is type 2.

#@%@ so many Kotor 1 & 2 stuff...

Gosh darnit I hate the cartel, but I guess I'll use my stiped...though my bank bays are almost full..... :(

Though this patch is not today (or not yet), so still wonder what's the point of the patch notes, etc. :p

Edited by Eillack

I hope that gives you all a bit of insight into the bug and our decision to delay the patch.

-eric

Pls Pls PLS! Remove (or replace with 2.0 grades) old crafting materials from new cartel pack before 2.0.1!

"I find this cartel pack's lack of black armors with attached cloaks disturbing."

Or more like very disappointing to be honest. So far only juggernauts and marauders can actually get nice Vader/Caedus black armor and cloak look. I would really like to role my main rp character as a sorc instead of a Jug, but there is no way to get a descent black armor with cloak since they are all heavy armor.

What about nice loot ingame, things I can get by plaing the game? This is a game - I want to play it!

All we get is inside this shop. And you can't even buy it in this shop directly. Just buy pakcs and get random stuff...

Of course BioWare does this to make the most money out of this stuff. But while they do this, the game becomes a game not worth playing... because you don't get nice things by doing the tasks in the game.

Bioware i have only on simple favor to ask...

Did you finaly fixed or at least addressed issue with weapons that loose thier effects while using skills that hide weapons briefly? Tons of new weapons but still bugged since cartel market came.

Other than that nice pack indeed. Especially Blue-silver crystal it looks like Mantle of Force :)

Edited by Divona

Excited about:

the color crystals, Restored Triumverate Armor set, Thana Vesh's Armor set, House Thule helmet, Covert Energy Gloves, Revan Holostatue, Cartel Decadent Skiff, and the Gurian Lightning.

Could do without:

All the weapons (they were in the last pack), all the emotes, except for Goofy and Beach party (same reason)

There are certain things that should remain in each pack, weapons and emotes are one. So from here on out, please refrain from mixing old pack items with new packs. It makes me question weather to buy now or wait until the next one.

OMG, the sith trooper armor from the KotOR era!

I have been wanting that for a while - looking forward to this pack for sure!

Only complaint would be why do the sabers have handlebars?

Edited by Tralus
forgot to say something

New items look nice!! Especially the Energized Conqueror's Lightsaber, Gurian Lightning, Music Therapy Probe (If I'm assuming correctly that this is the item that makes everyone bop to the beat), & the Holoprojector Disguise :rak_01:

p.s. How come none of the packs are showing up in the cartel market or gtn:rak_02:

Edited by skarvika

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.