Thank you Bioware for Makeb. You did great!

tumpai

I am having fun on Makeb. You guys/gals did a good job. Aside from FPS/Lag issues.

Thank you!

:D

Don't you know that "general discussion" is actually "trash the game?" Shame on you for saying something nice.

SHAME, SHAME I say.

;)

Of course I understand that. It is a good "update" that's all I would call it. It should have been a content patch. In all the MMO's I've ever played expansions were just at expansions meaning to expand. I don't call one planet a expansion pe say, but its nice nevertheless. I just hope the next one really upps the content and is "expansive". I'm happy either way more content is great! Edited by FFavaro

I agree with the OP! I played for about 3 hours when it went live, got to level 51 before logging off. The new planet is great.

Of course I understand that. It is a good "update" that's all I would call it. It should have been a content patch. In all the MMO's I've ever played expansions were just at expansions meaning to expand. I don't call one planet a expansion pe say, but its nice nevertheless. I just hope the next one really upps the content and is "expansive". I'm happy either way more content is great!

So you've already finished the Operation, the macrobinocular quests and the seeker droid quests? You know not all the content is on Makeb, right?

Edited by DaRoamer

I agree with the OP! I played for about 3 hours when it went live, got to level 51 before logging off. The new planet is great.

So you've already finished the Operation, the macrobinocular quests and the seeker droid quests? You know not all the content is on Makeb, right?

No I haven't finished them. Also I'm not bashing I'm thoroughly enjoying the expac. I just hope the next is more of an expansion than a dlc.

Totally undersold it! You guys said that there wouldn't be any class quest stuff, only planet quests, but each character has story and new dialogue! WooooHooo!!!

However, due to my not remembering that Same Gender Romance was a part of Makeb, my Sorc is now just a little bit gay after making an unintentional pass at another dude... doh... gotta remember to stop selecting every [flirt] option from now on...

Of course I understand that. It is a good "update" that's all I would call it. It should have been a content patch. In all the MMO's I've ever played expansions were just at expansions meaning to expand. I don't call one planet a expansion pe say, but its nice nevertheless. I just hope the next one really upps the content and is "expansive". I'm happy either way more content is great!

Such a pathetic comment and viewpoint in general.

To expand a game is to do exactly what this update has done. To what extent is up to the development team entirely and thus charge how they see fit, which imo 10 dollars is a steal for what we are getting in a f2p mmo.

There is an intoxicating mentality that people have accepted as the industry "standard" that is boxed 40 dollar expansions, which seriously needs to go......

Rothc was marketed as exactly what we have received, a small humble, well crafted digital EXPAND-sion for a small price, and that which they have delivered

Totally undersold it! You guys said that there wouldn't be any class quest stuff, only planet quests, but each character has story and new dialogue! WooooHooo!!!

However, due to my not remembering that Same Gender Romance was a part of Makeb, my Sorc is now just a little bit gay after making an unintentional pass at another dude... doh... gotta remember to stop selecting every [flirt] option from now on...

LOL! My Bounty Hunter needs to remember this. He's the ultimate whore dog. ;)

I fully expect the next expansion to be much larger than this one.

I didn't expect 'too' much considering the game was on the verge of collapse six months ago. Now, I feel much better about its chances after going F2P and suspect that the next expansion will be something truly remarkable.

But, I'm okay with one well-designed and developed World and the subsequent World Quests.

Too bad its about 5 hours of content total :(

That's just flat-out wrong. If you do ALL of the quests related to Makeb (including the macrobinoculars and seeker stuff that you pick up through Makeb), it's a lot more than 5 hours of content. I'm not talking about running the main questline by space-barring and fast-forwarding through it and skipping bonus quests and skipping the side quests and skipping the other stuff. If you're talking about actually running all the content, it's a LOT more than 5 hours. Quit misleading people.

Excellent work here BW. I am having a blast and so are the guildies. A few general comments so as not to spoil anything for anyone.

• The environment is great. Beautiful and breathtaking.
  • The quests are much more streamlined. Chronologically they make sense with minimal running back and forth.
  • The story, at least on the pub side, is very compelling.
  • The mobs are tuned just about right for fresh 50s, and later, challenging enough for those decked out in BH or better.
  • The new abilities are outstanding. I have a few 50s and the abilities really add to the skill set and are fun to watch.

Overall, a great first edition so far. Looking forward to more. Thank you!

Edited by Rafaman

I was up until 5am playing last night, lots of fun! I still miss a more personalized class quest, but the story is really good and the way the quests are laid out makes questing feel like much less of a grind then it used to.

lmao, swtor fanbois are like the ppl from North Korea.

Based on your post history, you clearly hate this game, EA and Bioware.

Why do you keep playing? There are plenty of other great games available.

I think the planet is a letdown so far. Sure the story is ok, but the whole planet is even more on rails then all others.

Also, there is no "social" hub like the promenade or a cantina so far. (not finished the planet so that may come ?)

Based on your post history, you clearly hate this game, EA and Bioware.

Why do you keep playing? There are plenty of other great games available.

i keep returning on some points hoping things could get abit better, i think this was the last try.