2.0 Rip off

foorg

Yet another whiner. Boo hoo, this expansion isn't exactly what I wanted Bioware to do so I'm going to complain.

Grow up and grow a pair.

Crybaby

Payed already for it so I am starting a campaign against this expansion. If you dont like it, dont reply to this topic.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this in general chat, people complaining about the game and whining about it. I am not a fanboy of it, NOR do I hate it. I love Star Wars and this is as close to KOTOR 3 as we will get, be glad they made the game and accept nothing will ever be perfect. Yeah Bioware made some mistakes, this is their FIRST MMO!!!!! Every company has to take steps for their first time, and they have done decently for that first time.

Yes the game is not perfect, but no you will not see me complaining or applauding though I do love the game I hate some aspects of it like that joke of a rail shooter space combat, they could have put more effort into giving us space combat we can move around in. SO it has it's good and bad points, but the good ones outweigh the bad ones. Seriously give them a goshdarn break, for the fact I will state again. THIS IS THEIR FIRST MMO!!!! If you do not like it go back to STO or WoW, or whatever you prefer to play, and please do not ruin the fun for those of us who enjoy the game with your incessant complaining.

I have said my piece, so as it was said in Zombieland. Nut up, or shut up.

Meh .... i don't really mind paying my monthly subscription, i don't mind buying an expansion pack as maintenance and development are two different matters. What i do mind is that i found out about early access after it was already too late and not because i didn't read forums, because they forgot to mention. Now my guildies are leveling up, getting gear and i am stuck doing .... nothing. Now ... this strategy came from an employee with a 0 brain activity, either they don't give a rat's arse. Either way could someone from the staff please explain what's the difference between someone who bought the expansion pack on 13'th of january for example and someone that will buy it on 13'th of april. From the 13'th january buyer point of view it's simple: i gave you money in advance, you tell me for what. Edited by Eronat
forgot something

True, as soon as I found out I could not get what I wanted with the $50 prepaid card I got at xmas I bought it. Otherwise I'd have missed the deadline too. They should have been more up front about it, but that i a human problem and one that won't change. I would have liked to see people get access to level 55 and the new skill trees without buying it, but I am sure they will do so eventually. If not this game will see more players leave, though that would be good for the competition.

i love reading these threads on my lunch break they are so funny , all i ever see is a bunch of cry babies demand everything from make this game swg to give me everything i want for free and make me a pvp god who one shots everyone and romances every npc in the game at the same time. address real issues like server lag cant log in ect.. lol

No they give a damn about the people who put their money down for the pre-order and now are honoring their obligation to give them 5 days free.

I didnt even start playing this game until after February, so I never even had a chance to pre-order in time. Last night I was on as soon as the servers came up, instead of complaining, I respecced my skill tree (oh the horror I dont have my 10% shield bonus for 4 more days) and started playing the game. Some of my guildmates were going to Makeb, I sadly had to sit in fleet and que for WZs, look at new armor.

But what else can they do? If they cave in and give me early access, no one will ever buy the pre-order by the deadline. Everyone will just expect that if they complain enough, theyll get the access anyways. That is really not a great model.

You really should have no opinion. Did you pay $120 for collector's edition where there was promised a special "exclusive" vendor section with items only CE could purchase.....ending up being minimal items with zero option. Then paying the sub on top. Bringing in a cartel market where you need to spend coins to get particular items instead of earning them. Suggesting they were "improving" pvp. Then basically making the entire armor system you spent most of your time earning just go poof and disappear three times? People that play and spend hours earning gear don't like having the items they earned and spent their money on through subs just become totally ancient and worthless. People that are around for awhile like to have things become valuable within the game market because they were the ones that paid the price of earning them. So many bad bugs when things are released with slow response time to fix unless the item is Cartel Market related. These "developers" are not doing that. They are stringing us along in a unpleasant way. It's like having a hot girlfriend that doesn't want to have sex but want's you to pay her bills. :confused:

People that are around for awhile like to have things become valuable within the game market because they were the ones that paid the price of earning them.
Yeah, that is why I don't challege myself, my guild and my group by doing new harder operations, because I just want to keep the old gear I had....

That is why players use to quit doing PVP after getting their free gear, because they did not want it to become obsolete.

Personally, I enjoy doing things for gear, I have done HM TfB for a couple months now with no hope of getting new gear, wasn’t bad when others were still getting gear, but for the last month or so we have been just doing it for Re, alts and companions. I look at the gear reset as a excuse to get excited about Operations again.

But then again, different strokes for different folks.

Y'all are crazy. Arguing the price point of ROTHC is moronic and if its such an issue for you, you should seriously consider quitting the game because I think the issues there run deeper than the expansion.

ROTCH is a basically a big DLC and is priced like one at $10 for subscribers (if you are free to play, you have even less to complain about honestly). When I think of a good DLC, I think of something like Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME2. This was at a cost of $10. It offered around 3 hours of playtime (if you only played through once). This is more or less the cost of going to see a movie if you only buy a ticket (around where I live, I expect to have to pay around $11 for a ticket to the movies). It's more or less two beers at the bar, which covers you for around 3 hours (again, assuming you don't do anything else like eat).

Getting my main from 50 to 55 took around 7-8 hours of play. To this point, I have not yet raided S&V or TFB at level 55 but I imagine that there will be a good deal of time invested in those since my raid team is not particularly hardcore but will spend two nights a week clearing this content anyway. I did two of the new 55 HMs, which probably took around 45 minutes to an hour for the pair and I fully plan on doing a lot of these as I gear myself at 55. I also just began the Shroud missions and haven't even touched the Seeds quests yet nor have I gone after the datacrons. I also have a bunch of 50s that I will probably end up leveling to 55 once my main is geared.

Point is, that's a RIDICULOUS amount of time I am going to be entertained for the cost of a movie ticket. The content is actually enjoyable. The quests actually have some interesting dynamics to them that are much more interesting than generic planet quests on every planet. The HM's are a nice, fresh challenge and after months and months of grinding easy HM FPs for the daily Black Hole comms, I'm enjoying them. I like having the adjust my rotations and approaches to fights when I'm tanking now to adjust to the class changes.

Furthermore, we've had a large amount of free content added after launch (KP, EC, TFB, events, LI/Kaon, etc). This game has come a LONG way and for the most part, I hope it continues (my only beef is that the endgame stuff is too involved in the cartel market and it'd be better if the cool stuff was dropped or player crafted, but that's fairly minor since its been breathing life into this game).

And that's the thing. Its entertainment and the more you play, the more reasonable the price becomes. If you log in for an hour a week, maybe that's a sign to call it quits. This game isn't your wife and your characters aren't your children. If you aren't enjoying it, stop trying to force it to work and go find something else that will make you happy. Bioware will not expect child support and will not come after you for alimony. Its a game, not a commitment.

We are running around in our underwear at this moment in warzones. Just saying.

Glad to see people are doing so well even with this economy. Seriously I am happy for you.To bad for those who cant afford to buy expansions and suffer to get their subscription rolling and became 2nd ranked players because of this patch but what do we care, we have what we need, we can enjoy it all and thats what counts. isn't it?

Glad that the game is perfect, bug free and lag free so subscribers are all happy and enjoying themselfs. Not to mention all the new content the subscribers can enjoy like the gree event and err.. forgot all those others things. Get back to you when I remember it again.

The fanboys of this game are unbelievable. How can so many people claim to love and enjoy the game while at the same time enjoy getting shafted in the butt by EA/Bioware with this so called "great" expansion pack? What?! The shear blindness and stupidity is down right sickening. I had just gotten back into this game (payed for sub time) and now this? People buying this are only sending one message, despite the fact you and I could/ do pay $300 for a year, they'll be able to milk you for all the money you got. Sure it's $10 if you are subbed, but just you watch as they add smaller amounts of content and ask you to pay or get left in the dust. I've waited quite a while for them to add more endgame material and what do they offer? 5 levels and 1 planet. Sure, some of the less mature on here will say, "Don't like, don't play," while they stupidly grin and laugh to themselves. But just you watch this game get shafted and continue on it's spiral down. I've honestly really enjoyed playing this game, and had high hopes for it to become better. But the fact that they'll charge their paying customers for a mere handful(albeit well done) content has made me wake up and still see that's it EA at the helm. Maybe I'm wrong and they stop this nonsense in the future(I dearly hope so). So enjoy your game, I just hoped you realize how you're getting screwed over.

Yes, we are dumb fanboys for not treating a video game like our lives depend on it. Getting screwed over? This is a game I enjoy playing after work, and since I spend a lot of time there I will support the developers by giving them my money. That's that. When I am done enjoying the game I will cancel my sub, and I will not look back on it thinking "Wow I wasted so much money on this game". But thank you for thinking that you have any idea how those of us who enjoy the game think.

Y'all are crazy. Arguing the price point of ROTHC is moronic and if its such an issue for you, you should seriously consider quitting the game because I think the issues there run deeper than the expansion.

This post is excellent. Well, apart from...

It's more or less two beers at the bar, which covers you for around 3 hours (again, assuming you don't do anything else like eat).

Two beers in three hours? Drink faster man! It'll take all day to get drunk at that rate! ;)

Love this game, some good things are coming and dont want to be all negative but as a sub I urge all subs NOT to buy the expansion.

Subs pay € 122,- a year minimum and buying this expansion would suggest that subs only pay for the making of the game (more then a year ago??!!) and maintenance. Imo 2.0 is a scam and should be boycotted all the way.

I understand if access needs to be bought by prefered- and F2P status players. Perhaps with some Cartel coins or credit unlock for subs but asking this money is a slap in my face. Even if this is ONLY € 7,-

Very disappointing Bioware/EA, you are way out of line here. :mad::mad:

Addition: see now that you can only buy PvP and PvE gear with the expension? This sub will be leaving the game soon if this stays the same!!

It's only 10-20 bucks and well worth the money i mean the Makeb story my favorite so far it actually feels like a war zone and you are part of the war they should of done that with more planets

I pay $250 a month for the truck I bought. It didn't have a camper shell when I bought it, but I noticed other people had camper shells on their trucks, so i went back to the dealer and asked them to put a camper shell on mine. They told me I'd have to pay extra for that. I don't get it; other people have camper shells, so what exactly am I making payments on my truck for?

(If you actually know how to read and not just decode words, you should understand)

The fanboys of this game are unbelievable. How can so many people claim to love and enjoy the game while at the same time enjoy getting shafted in the butt by EA/Bioware with this so called "great" expansion pack? What?! The shear blindness and stupidity is down right sickening. I had just gotten back into this game (payed for sub time) and now this? People buying this are only sending one message, despite the fact you and I could/ do pay $300 for a year, they'll be able to milk you for all the money you got. Sure it's $10 if you are subbed, but just you watch as they add smaller amounts of content and ask you to pay or get left in the dust. I've waited quite a while for them to add more endgame material and what do they offer? 5 levels and 1 planet. Sure, some of the less mature on here will say, "Don't like, don't play," while they stupidly grin and laugh to themselves. But just you watch this game get shafted and continue on it's spiral down. I've honestly really enjoyed playing this game, and had high hopes for it to become better. But the fact that they'll charge their paying customers for a mere handful(albeit well done) content has made me wake up and still see that's it EA at the helm. Maybe I'm wrong and they stop this nonsense in the future(I dearly hope so). So enjoy your game, I just hoped you realize how you're getting screwed over.

I don't feel like i'm getting screwed played since day 1 of Early Game Acess still love the game the only time i was dissapointed/ discouraged to play the game was b4 server transfers and if you weren't on fatman wasn't fun to play and since F2p this game been doing alot better

When I preordered RotHC there was a huge banner on the page telling me "preorder now to get bla bla bla items early access bla bla bla" didn't mention only if I preordered by 7th January. (I registered my account on the 8th of February..)

Freaking joke.

You still get bla bla bla just not early access and if you had bothered to click on that banner and read it that articular that went with it you would have known. They were pretty clear and straight up about the cut off date for EA.

It's only 10-20 bucks and well worth the money i mean the Makeb story my favorite so far it actually feels like a war zone and you are part of the war they should of done that with more planets

I would love it as well probably. However the patch is effecting the rest of the game to much and thats my concern.

Silly story about the truck and trailer Phrase made. If you buy a truck and you dont buy the trailer, you truck should be exactly the same as before the new trailer came out and not run slower and with lesser gadgets you already payed for. To bad some people just respond on forums without actually trying to be constructive here.

I was hoping for people to convince me otherwise and show me ways to enjoy this game with or without the expansion. Guess I was wrong in most cases. No offence towards the people who actually did made sense.

::Spoilers::

I thought they did a good job on the expansion considering the size. Makeb looks great. I like the new ways to get gear with the new currencies. What felt awkward was that I was able to take out the Archon at lvl 53 and I did everything that was given mission wise. I then proceeded to do the two side missions. (Imperial Side) Which got me to lvl 54. I guess your suppose to do all the dailies and those new missions on the different planets to take you to lvl 55. I would have thought that it would have been a little more linear and you'd take out Archon at lvl 55. The dailies are cool except I have a feeling some of the scanning will be a time sink. I noticed that you have a lot more trash and golds around, but no bonus missions that pop up once you enter an area or start killing mobs. The one side mission (forget its name on the IMP side) where you go to the ship where the Sith store all there goodies. That was fun. Only issue was that all the jumping... my comp didn't follow and I had to either extricate him to me or dismiss him and bring him back again. But that area was a lot of fun otherwise.

I pay $250 a month for the truck I bought. It didn't have a camper shell when I bought it, but I noticed other people had camper shells on their trucks, so i went back to the dealer and asked them to put a camper shell on mine. They told me I'd have to pay extra for that. I don't get it; other people have camper shells, so what exactly am I making payments on my truck for?

(If you actually know how to read and not just decode words, you should understand)

I get what you mean - you pay x amount per month for the amount it cost to produce, and to maintain it. You don't get the other item free as it is an EXPANSION to the base product.

Would I be right?

::Spoilers::

I thought they did a good job on the expansion considering the size. Makeb looks great. I like the new ways to get gear with the new currencies. What felt awkward was that I was able to take out the Archon at lvl 53 and I did everything that was given mission wise. I then proceeded to do the two side missions. (Imperial Side) Which got me to lvl 54. I guess your suppose to do all the dailies and those new missions on the different planets to take you to lvl 55. I would have thought that it would have been a little more linear and you'd take out Archon at lvl 55. The dailies are cool except I have a feeling some of the scanning will be a time sink. I noticed that you have a lot more trash and golds around, but no bonus missions that pop up once you enter an area or start killing mobs. The one side mission (forget its name on the IMP side) where you go to the ship where the Sith store all there goodies. That was fun. Only issue was that all the jumping... my comp didn't follow and I had to either extricate him to me or dismiss him and bring him back again. But that area was a lot of fun otherwise.

You get updated missions on the imp side well i did but i had to activate it at the terminal first then it updated as i went along

My, my! You can certainly see the Entitlement Generation in some of the replies here. Everything is mine, mine, mine for free, free, free forever because a year or two ago I bought a game and now I pay a subscription to play so EVERYTHING Bioware does to this game from here on out ought to be free.

I particularly get a kick out of people playing the "Poor" card. You know, "It's good you are doing so well, but some of us can't afford it." Let me get this straight. You can afford an internet connection. You can afford a pretty decent game machine. You can afford $15/month for a subscription. You've got a credit card on file. But you simply CANNOT afford a measly $10 bucks for an expansion pack???? Nonsense. You are not being credible here. It makes no sense.

Here's another good one. "The early access is for people who bought by January 7th (?), but I started in February, so I didn't have a chance to get free access and that's NOT FAIR!" Good Lord. What a whiner. You're late to the party, son. And you're a newcomer. Only people early to the party get to drink the good wine. People late to the party get to drink the box wine. And you are complaining that you won't have access for a few more days, like less than a week? Oh, the misery of it all. You poor babies!

I get the impression we're dealing with a lot of kids here who simply have no idea what it takes to pull off a game like this. These guys who build and maintain the game do not live with their Mommies and Daddies and have everything provided for them. And they don't work for the minimum wage. The cost of bandwidth alone has to be upwards of $100,000 per month. I wouldn't be surprised if it were twice that. The investment in servers is a similar amount. Payroll has to be a couple million dollars per year, maybe twice that.

And do you want a new game? They don't evolve from nothing. They absolutely must take present revenue and apply some of it to R&D. And yet you can play this game for $15 a month. You can't even take someone to a two hour movie for $15.00 once per month. How about taking a look at your logs and adding up how much time you spend on SWTOR? It's not even measured in hours. It's measured in days, days and days of you sitting in front of a screen "gaming." This is the CHEAPEST entertainment you have. It costs you a few pennies an hour to play this.

I even heard a gripe about the latest downtime being at 6:00pm PDT. It wasn't FAIR! Tell the Europeans that. Seems to me Bioware is spreading it around a bit, completely fairly IMO. Yes, of course you have the right to rant. Make my day. But when you gripe like this you are showing the shallowness of your character. Please do continue to make a fool of yourself. It's entertaining.

I disagree with the poster saying we're getting screwed. They didn't sell this expansion as a full blown out $60 retail package with all kinds of extras if you pay more for the uber edition. They sold a small expansion that for the most part is pretty good. We have a horrible economy right now and I bet they are understaffed in the development of the game and trying to sell a good small expansion. For $10 bucks I feel I'm getting my monies worth. And unless the economy changes I doubt we're going to be seeing a super large expansion coming. I bet we'll be seeing smaller expansions with patches that give more content as we go along.