2.0 Rip off

foorg

When I preordered RotHC there was a huge banner on the page telling me "preorder now to get bla bla bla items early access bla bla bla" didn't mention only if I preordered by 7th January. (I registered my account on the 8th of February..)

Freaking joke.

should have checked the website earlier it said preorder before janurary something and get early access

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, how about "don't like it, keep handing over cash and playing". Better? Of course not. There's nothing more logical than telling someone to stop doing something if they're not happy with it.

TBH I really dont need a kid that I dont know to tell me to stop something, like every one else here I am allowed to have my own opinion on something, I respect what every one else thinks and like I said more power to you. Also as you posted I am no longer giving money to the game, so in a sense I am doing what you said, but like I said this is my 2 cents.

Yes I did...Think maybe your need to check again. Also may want to check your comms, you should have used you comms before 2.0 dropped (bh comms), now you are just paying higher prices for the same things.

All this stuff was on the forums before 2.0 dropped...

Thanks again, but we are wandering off. If you pay € 122 euro's a year and subscribers (in a what Bioware/EA call a F2P game) to find out that you are locked out of a world, gear etc. isn't the way to go. Imo (read my previous posts please) subs should have full access to the game, the expansion limits it, no doubt about that.

Unlimited warzones, unlimited flashpoints, unlimited ops?

I believe those are all perks that subscribers get. There are others too, but that is what you are paying for. Im pretty sure you can unsub and purchase the expansion and be considered a "preferred" player.

I cant answer why you are subscribing, that is up to you.

I have to reply to whoever wrote this ... let me see all that was there since i started playing and paying for this game how is this some kind of perk ... and i pay six monthly subs in advance and paid for this expansion in advance they wont give me my money back and thats part of the problem they dont give a damn now they have it

I'm sorry it's life, it disappoints. Get over it

TBH I really dont need a kid that I dont know to tell me to stop something, like every one else here I am allowed to have my own opinion on something, I respect what every one else thinks and like I said more power to you. Also as you posted I am no longer giving money to the game, so in a sense I am doing what you said, but like I said this is my 2 cents.

While you are still able to post on these formus you are still a sub

I'm sorry it's life, it disappoints. Get over it

Thank you for the advice even though my comments are more directed at bioware themselves

I will return the favour though as your clearly a troller i suggest you go out and find one

Edited by Olinlore

I believe those are all perks that subscribers get.

Um, I might be an idiot... But I dont call that perks..

I call that the game, full content, like what a sub should be getting... :rolleyes:

Thank you for the advice even though my comments are more directed at bioware themselves

I will return the favour though as your clearly a troller i suggest you go out and find one

ouch really hurt. actually na got over it. I'm not a troll on everyday it's just that ppl come here to the forums complaining instead of doing what they always say they gonna do which is "unsub and get out of here"

TOR is my first MMO. TOR is my first outline game. TOR is my first game to pay a subscription to period. I never wanted to play a MMO, friends talked me into TOR since it was from BioWare and it is Star Wars. I subscribe for Operations, no other reason. I have 6 50’s and I like the story, but since the F2P I don’t have to subscribe to level a toon. I bought the expansion for the same reason, to continue to progress in operations.

If you don’t have a reason to subscribe or buy the expansion, then don’t do it. I will because I am having a blast playing this game with friends. I for one, hope BioWare and EA makes a ton of money from this game however they can, because that will mean it will continue and one day we may see BioWare and other companies making other story driven MMOs (looks at Jade Empire and Mass Effect). EA/BioWare are not non-profit charities, I am pretty sure their families have to eat like everyone else.

They announced the cost of the expansion a long time ago. Yes, many of us were/are upset about and aware of the fact that it was originally supposed to be free (at least, to subscribers), but that doesn't change the fact that you have to pay for it. If you don't, you'll be the one missing out, so if you don't want to buy, then don't buy it. No one is forcing you.

Um, I might be an idiot... But I dont call that perks..

I call that the game, full content, like what a sub should be getting... :rolleyes:

Perks, content, whatever you want, as a sub that is what you are paying for. Or are you implying that because you are a subscriber you should get additional content on top of the "subscriber content". Because I was using the term perk, as compared to a f2p or preferred status.

The other way to say it is that subs get access to the full game, everyone else gets access to a limited game. Either way, your sub is paying for access to the current game, it does not generally pay for access to any expanded future content. That is the way of the MMO.

As a BETA Tester and a subscriber since day one as well as a veteran of many MMO's I had to say something. When paying subscribers pay money to the company making the MMO where do they think their money is going? It is going to the salaries of the people developing content for the game. It is going to the overhead costs of servers and of licensing. Yes, you get access to the full game as it stands in the 1.0 to 1.7 line, however and expansion is addition to the game and it is entirely up to the development team to charge for it or not.

But lets be real. Is BioWare trying to make money...? Yes! That is the whole point of offering products for sale. Trust me as a sub you have a lot more access to the content than someone who is F2P. I have no problem paying a one time fee of $9.99 USD to get access to extra content and even five new levels. It is better than games like WoW that charge you anywhere from $29.99 USD to $49.99 USD for 5 levels and a few new things. If you were not a sub you would have had to pay $19.99 USD to get the expansion.

This whole boycott of an expansion is simply silly since you do not need to the expansion to enjoy level 50 content. You do not need the expansion to raid as a sub and you do not need the expansion to level up alternate characters. 2.0 does not even progress the class story lines. So exactly why are you up in arms about this whole thing?

I believe those are all perks that subscribers get. There are others too, but that is what you are paying for. Im pretty sure you can unsub and purchase the expansion and be considered a "preferred" player.

I cant answer why you are subscribing, that is up to you.

They are not perks.

When I preordered RotHC there was a huge banner on the page telling me "preorder now to get bla bla bla items early access bla bla bla" didn't mention only if I preordered by 7th January. (I registered my account on the 8th of February..)

Freaking joke.

Huh he's actually right. I was debating if I should get th epre order cause its was only saying that u get 3 "awesome crap items" If you pre ordered. that was in end of december. I came back on the 18th of january and the front page of main site was still saying that u could get 3 epic items if you pre ordered. I bought the game on the jan 20th and THEN 2 days later i see the post where they say you get early access if you buy byefore jan 7th... They ADDED THAT AFTER i bought the xpack on jan 20th. I was so pissed off then.. and still am

TOR is my first MMO. TOR is my first outline game. TOR is my first game to pay a subscription to period. I never wanted to play a MMO, friends talked me into TOR since it was from BioWare and it is Star Wars. I subscribe for Operations, no other reason. I have 6 50’s and I like the story, but since the F2P I don’t have to subscribe to level a toon. I bought the expansion for the same reason, to continue to progress in operations.

If you don’t have a reason to subscribe or buy the expansion, then don’t do it. I will because I am having a blast playing this game with friends. I for one, hope BioWare and EA makes a ton of money from this game however they can, because that will mean it will continue and one day we may see BioWare and other companies making other story driven MMOs (looks at Jade Empire and Mass Effect). EA/BioWare are not non-profit charities, I am pretty sure their families have to eat like everyone else.

This. Ask yourself this question, would you rather have SWTOR, with all the things you don't like about it, or would you rather have Bioware scrap the whole thing because it's not makiing the money they need. If everyone cancels their sub because of a small issue they have, that's exactly what will happen. There aren't very many good SW games out there so lets be supportive of the ones we have. You can only go through KOTOR so many times......

Well, from the experience I have had so far as a subber, if you do not have artefact quality gear or mods in your orange gear, you will most likely die when fighting elites, even when you do stop their strong abilities, I nearly die when facing an elite, but like all combat in this game, its 'if you are not a healer, use the healer' in this expansion, it is indeed requirement, unless you have luckily over geared your companion as well as you.

Overall, it has potential, though the costs of the commendation mods on Makeb are overpriced, 10 for an armouring, hilt, barrel?? 4 for Mods and enhancements?? I guess the commendation change won't be helping much.

This. Ask yourself this question, would you rather have SWTOR, with all the things you don't like about it, or would you rather have Bioware scrap the whole thing because it's not makiing the money they need. If everyone cancels their sub because of a small issue they have, that's exactly what will happen. There aren't very many good SW games out there so lets be supportive of the ones we have. You can only go through KOTOR so many times......

Perhaps you nailed it right there. Then the question could be, why can other games survive easy without milking it? Remember the part where subs are already paying € 122 euros a year for a single game. plus additional Cartel coins and now the expansion?

I started this thread and don't mind that EA/Bioware makes money but their failure of making this game profitable or making a cash cow out of it (or else they wouldnt let subs pay for this upgrade/patch imo) is now landing on you and me again.

True, I would love to see this game stay for a long time and support with my subscription but they way this is going, I dont expect it to have a long profitable future and if this will be the case there will be better game makers who can make this game work and even make it better with a sub of 122 euros minimum a year x many thousands. I think those game makers would even be able to make a decent space battle experience in stead of the arcade stuff it is now imo.

Then the question could be, why can other games survive easy without milking it?

One I don't think BioWare is milking anything. $9.99 USD compared to $19.99 for non-subs sounds like they cost themselves $10.00 per sub with the expansion.

But I would like to know in your opinion, what game did you mean by that statement?

Don’t even pull the Cartel Coin argument out that is a completely optional purchase. You purchase all most anything you want from the Cartel Market in a few days on the GTN for practically nothing and it is all fluff. Nothing wrong with fluff and I have purchased cartel coins, but I am not going to moan about it later that I am getting milked since it was my decision to spend my real world money on nonsensical drivel.

Edited by mikebevo

But I would like to know in your opinion, what game did you mean by that statement?

I dont know if its allowed here but heck, just for example: STO. This is a free game, totally free to play. Graphics in space are awesome. People say WoW costs more, but this example will cost you absolutely nothing and leaves you free if you want to sub or not. Last patch, your own guilds starbase, a total new sector with stars planets and missions, costs nothing at all. Strange dont you think that they can make money, upkeep the game and implement new things where Swtor cant without asking money for it.

I dont know if its allowed here but heck, just for example: STO. This is a free game, totally free to play. Graphics in space are awesome. People say WoW costs more, but this example will cost you absolutely nothing and leaves you free if you want to sub or not. Last patch, your own guilds starbase, a total new sector with stars planets and missions, costs nothing at all. Strange dont you think that they can make money, upkeep the game and implement new things where Swtor cant without asking money for it.

This fact you just stated is very true. I play sto from time to time and am impressed by the level of free content. ITS ALL FREE! I pay 15 dollars a month for this game and now my countless hours busting my *** for ewh gear is now junk compared to some nudist jedi. Get real bioware. Either do it right or dont do it at all.

The fanboys of this game are unbelievable. How can so many people claim to love and enjoy the game while at the same time enjoy getting shafted in the butt by EA/Bioware with this so called "great" expansion pack? What?! The shear blindness and stupidity is down right sickening. I had just gotten back into this game (payed for sub time) and now this? People buying this are only sending one message, despite the fact you and I could/ do pay $300 for a year, they'll be able to milk you for all the money you got. Sure it's $10 if you are subbed, but just you watch as they add smaller amounts of content and ask you to pay or get left in the dust. I've waited quite a while for them to add more endgame material and what do they offer? 5 levels and 1 planet. Sure, some of the less mature on here will say, "Don't like, don't play," while they stupidly grin and laugh to themselves. But just you watch this game get shafted and continue on it's spiral down. I've honestly really enjoyed playing this game, and had high hopes for it to become better. But the fact that they'll charge their paying customers for a mere handful(albeit well done) content has made me wake up and still see that's it EA at the helm. Maybe I'm wrong and they stop this nonsense in the future(I dearly hope so). So enjoy your game, I just hoped you realize how you're getting screwed over.