Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be that guy:

What purpose does the dummy serve pre-55? I posit that the dummies exist to maximize DPS potential for content in which DPS potential is necessary (HMs and OPs). Am I missing something?

Are you serious?

Yes, if you don't understand the potential use for training dummies while learning your class, doing leveling FPs, testing specs as you gain skills, testing new spells to see if they enhance and how they fit in to your rotation, gauging your PVP burst, taking down world bosses, then you are missing something. LOL

I dont think this change was intended since it doesnt make any sense. Strange it wasnt fixed yet though.

Not a direct revenue builder. Not part of the cartel market.

Perhaps if they realize that this thread will deter people from spending cartel coins to attain it they will see the significance in this bug and rush to correct it. ;p

And I'm here to remind you to read threads before you post in them, so you have a clue what you're talking about, why people are upset, and what advantages they believe were lost with a given change.

Because otherwise, your attempts to seem pithy and clever could backfire and make you seem more like an oblivious oaf who lumbers into threads and repeats obvious witty remarks which were already addressed 4 pages ago in a constructive manner.

Yeah, that was awesome, like a can of troll repellent. LOL

They do serve a purpose pre-55. They allow people to experiment with their classes at whatever level they happen to be and find a way to increase their DPS.

Exactly. I found it very useful to test out abilities and to see how much damage combos had. I paid for them with real money, I expect to get what I paid for.

It serves as much purpose sub-55 as it does at 55: a target you can practice on.

The training dummies below level 55 should be removed from the game.

Entirely.

if only they got a patch right once in a while and gave us what we've been asking for, instead of what feels like being ignored. If they fix this issue, I would be pleasantly surprised, but in this issue, i am not an optimist as I think they spend half their time thinking their own ideas of what they might like to see rather than what their player-base does, at least in my view.

They clearly don't know how to write the code that scales the ship dummies with the character of ownership. Otherwise they would have responded to this by now. Don't let them fool you.

Respectfully, this is incorrect. They used to scale. Now they do not. It's a change which must've required someone somewhere to make a decision to make it like this.

I for one feel cheated out of my CC's for adding these to my legacy, as now they are much less useful.

I'd also point out that as the standard of play in lower level FP's is decidedly poorer than it 55's and 55HM's people REALLY need to be able to practice and analyse at earlier levels!

As someone else pointed out, this is just as imprtant in PvP.

TO be honest, I think the dummies should have more features- To automatically total the damage, for example, would be nice. I thought they were a bit featureless to begin with, but now they're useless for most of my characters.

it's an operations training dummy, not a leveling training dummy.

As has been pointed out previously... there are still lvl 50 operations and even just the 5 lvl difference means you rarely hit the thing at lvl 50.

it's an operations training dummy, not a leveling training dummy.

First, so frigging what ?

It was useful before at any level, since it would scale with your character. Useful to practice a different build, quickbars,keybing setup, whatever. Now it's useless. Why would they turn something useful to useless on purpose ? What's the gain ?

Second, FYI, there are level 50 operations. You can't do crap at level 50 on a level 55 dummy.

First, so frigging what ?

It was useful before at any level, since it would scale with your character. Useful to practice a different build, quickbars,keybing setup, whatever. Now it's useless. Why would they turn something useful to useless on purpose ? What's the gain ?

Second, FYI, there are level 50 operations. You can't do crap at level 50 on a level 55 dummy.

So frigging what is that if the intention is to test for operations there are no level 33 operations so a level 33 dummy makes no sense.

Second, you have a point on level 50 operations to an extent. But since competitive end game will no longer be happening at level 50 I doubt BW cares about that. I'm willing to be the change from scaling was probably intentional, they don't want to encourage people to do the level 50 operations, they want them to buy RotHC if they want to do operations.