Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this topic last night but it got lost in maintenance qq.

I like having the dummies scale with character levels as it helps me test out new builds on my ship as a I level. Dummies aren't only useful for 55s....

agreed there. it's always nice to group with players who get the most out of their spec's and gear. it's a great habit to be in and only makes you much better at your class both as you level and especially at 55. i would rather play with someone who has known they're class for 55 levels rather than someone who's trying to figure it all out at 55 or worse hasn't tried and isn't interested in learning it at all

I'll be that guy:

What purpose does the dummy serve pre-55? I posit that the dummies exist to maximize DPS potential for content in which DPS potential is necessary (HMs and OPs). Am I missing something?

Yes you miss something, you can also use flashpoints and operations at level 10-54.

Edited by discbox

Another patch, another 55 training dummy mocking me on my starship.

Forget Cathar controversy and Cartel Coin bending-over-desk-and-violating of subscribers. I don't really care that much about those issues.

But I do care about my unusable and beloved training dummies. Eric Musco, why have you forsaken us? :(

Something that bugged me since 2.0 was that the HP started replenishing instantly rather than after you stop attacking it for several seconds. Previously I was able to see how much damage I could cause in say... 30 seconds, and set a bench mark Edited by Omisri

Thanks for bumping- as I've only been playing my lvl55 lately I had no idea about this change. It's really not a positive feature at all.

Please do change this back to scaling with your level.

I hate to say this but the pretty much cheated us with this change. I paid real money to have access to them because they scaled.

Man, me too. I've spent cartel coins on them...And now i regret this

Man, me too. I've spent cartel coins on them...And now i regret this

Ditto, I wasted some of my accumulated stipend on this thing. I didn't even know it used to scale. When I initially unlocked it, and then played with it on a lower-level character, I thought - wow, this was a nearly pointless purchase. Now that I know how it used to work, I'm just annoyed. It could have actually proven useful to my non-55 characters, i.e. most of them.

Yeah, I don't have any of the training dummies, but I won't be getting them now, I'm glad I didn't and I'm sorry to anyone that did. Seriously, I don't see why this change was even made...

I mean, really a developer or someone needs to come on this thread and give us the reason it was done. Maybe they have a really good reason... If they do, then I'm sure most people will realize why it's better this way.. but the thing is, WE can't think of any reason, so Bioware needs to tell us their reason, then let us decide if we think it even makes sense.

This does suck for people who like using training dummies. I didn't buy them and never planned to, but there's no downside to them scaling and a lot of downsides to them not scaling.

But since we couldn't even get an answer as to whether the removal of the portable Hutt trainer statue's laugh was on purpose or a bug, I guess they're in no hurry to reply to this, either.

Sometimes I have to wonder what their criteria for answering a question on the forum are. This isn't sensitive information in any shape or form.

The dev reply was that they were never meant to scale and that only people doing operations need the OP dummy. They fail to realize that they have Operations in this game and hard modes that are level 50 and the PvP dummy, do only level 55 characters PvP. This was a HUGE fail on BIoware's part. And again, they cheated us who paid real money for them.

The dev reply was that they were never meant to scale and that only people doing operations need the OP dummy. They fail to realize that they have Operations in this game and hard modes that are level 50 and the PvP dummy, do only level 55 characters PvP. This was a HUGE fail on BIoware's part. And again, they cheated us who paid real money for them.

Ohh, right, I remember now. I'm sure that scaling just happened... accidentally... because as we know, it's stuff like that that happens accidentally and not say, the sudden disappearance of scaling when five new levels get introduced... :rolleyes:

Even though I don't need them, I think they should definitely scale. Some people paid CC for them - making them less useful afterwards is not okay.

Training dummies are useful at all levels. Especially when trying to master a new spec or tinkering with your rotation. If I'm trying to tank for the first time at level 40, would you rather me work out my rotation on my ship or in a FP with you?

Also, I realize the capital worlds have different levels of dummies and since 2.1, that's were I go, but it's still a bad change. Legacy unlocks are supposed to be convenience awards, but the usefulness of these are all but gone.