Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

Hi! I would like to be able to try out new specs and rotations on my PvP dummy on my ship, which I paid a pretty stiff price in Cartel Coins to have. Why did you take this feature away from us? I tend to start PvPing on every one of my alts at level 10, and I could really use the training dummy. When I purchased it, it served the function I needed. Now it doesn't.

Don't give me "working as intended," or if you're going to do that, then be willing to refund my Cartel Coins. You refund my skill points when you make a change to any skill tree, why not this?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this company cares as long as they already got your money they won't fix this bug imo.
But... they did fix the WZ dummy... long after they got my money. So... :confused:

Like, I think everyone knows I tend to assume absolutely everything BW does has an ulterior motive which ultimately leads back to the Mighty Credit, but they're just paying the bills. And slightly greedy. But mostly, paying the bills.

The devs don't sit around their pentagraham in Nova Scotia or wherever Canadians live, throwing another live kitten on the bonfire and cackling maniacally about how to screw players over while bathing in more liquid gold.

They really, actually, genuinely like the game they're producing and actually do want all us players to enjoy playing it. Really. If they could fix every single thing that bothers us and make everyone happy, while still earning a living and keeping the servers online, they probably would.

It's not that simple for them though, so they do the best they can given a lot of limitations. This thread is a good example — they could have just left our dummies to rot completely and ignored all the complaints from sub-55 players. Instead, they returned scaling to the WZ dummy and set the Ops dummy aside as a max-level toy.

That's a lot more considerate than just taking our money and running away laughing.

TOPIC SHIFT BACK TO TRAINING DUMMIES:

All that said, the non-scaling Ops dummy does kind of feel like a gentle "YOU SHOULD REALLY BUY THE EXPANSION, OKAY?" to the players stuck at level 50. :p

But can you blame them completely? Even WoW doesn't accomodate players below max-level — once an expansion drops, all the training dummies in the game jump up to the new max levels too. The playerbase isn't expected to sit sub-max level indefinitely.

Ops dummies only really make sense at max level. Leveling content doesn't expose you to opponents of the Operations Boss classification and hit % penalty, and you're not likely to be stacking Accuracy while leveling for any reason anyway.

So the WZ dummy is fine for just testing out your rotation or spec configs, etc. which is IMO all you need while leveling.

Or is someone actually interested in parsing on a sub-55 dummy in Execute range with the Armor debuff, while leveling? Serious question.

Edited by SW_display_name

Or is someone actually interested in parsing on a sub-55 dummy in Execute range with the Armor debuff, while leveling? Serious question.

I'm currently leveling a new toon with a friend. He's a brand-new player running a combat sentinel, and I'm running a scoundrel healer.

He just reached level 30 and unlocked Precision Slash, which completely changes the way that spec plays. Regular mobs die too quick to learn anything. The Heroics we run overload you with mobs (rather than one big powerful one) so he's sort of jumping around like a chicken.

He asked me this past weekend if there was a better way to practice.

"Not for another 20 levels, sorry"

It's not like the lack of a "scaled to level" ops dummy is a big problem or anything. But if there were one, we would have used it last weekend.

/shrug

Edited by Khevar

Didn't know that. When did that change?
I don't know, it's been that way forever for me — after I started playing a year ago, I bought the WZ dummy to try specs out on with my first char. because I assumed (from playing WoW) that the Ops dummy would have an annoying Accuracy penalty.

It worked perfectly, and my trusty WZ dummy is what I've used ever since (for leveling).

There was a period of about 2 months after patch 2.0 / ROTHC where all the ship dummies became perma-55 (that's when I made this thread). We complained a lot and they made the WZ dummy scale with levels again (yay) and left the Ops dummy as 55-only.

They probably shouldn't let you buy the Ops dummy until you're level 55, it's quite a cruel corktease for a new leveling player, but I assume the reasoning for leaving the Ops dummy at 55 is because there's no real need to practice on an Ops-quality opponent until max level.