Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a subscriber who paid Cartel Coins for a Warzone training dummy for my leveling characters to experiment on.

This does not make me special, but it might explain why I keep periodically bumping this until someone from BW could be kind enough to explain whether this is intentional or not.

Nor am I trying to be a nuisance just to torment the community team. But I really liked my scaling training dummies. I realize it may not make sense to everyone, but it was a feature I enjoyed a lot and I either:

• want it back
  • want to be told that it's not coming back, so I can rage and then move on instead of wondering every patch whether my training dummy will be fixed

But I really liked my scaling training dummies. I realize it may not make sense to everyone, but it was a feature I enjoyed a lot

You're not alone, I feel the same. I have 14 characters, only 5 are 50 or more, and in there only 2 55. Am not saying I used to use the dummy on all my lowbies, but for some I did and they now have become unusuable.

:jawa_frown:

SO I am not a great MMO player. loved IL2 and stuck with it in adventure mode. I am A SW nerd and a proud owner of founder title. Ikeep hearing so much trash talk about baddies and newbies, I thought I may actually fall into some of those areas and should take some responsibility for my actions and bought a dummy and really showed me some problems with my rotations. So my next toon is in his 40's and buys a dummy and can not hit the thing. I was just trying to not be that guy. Maybe bioware will write a note I can give the PvP ops leaders as to why my jedi is so bad.

Maybe to many people were over optimizing their toons or using the dummy as a reference to crack compiled code. Tin foil hat theory but those things at least make some sense.

Maybe to many people were over optimizing their toons or using the dummy as a reference to crack compiled code. Tin foil hat theory but those things at least make some sense.
I favor this explanation.

Dev A: "We have too many level 41 players running around posting top-quality DPS numbers in Colicoid War Game."

Dev B: "How quality?"

Dev A: "TOP. QUALITY."

Dev B: "This could break the Colicoid War Game rankings at World of Raids. How can we fix this?"

Dev A: "Nerf the Legacy training dummies."

:confused:

Any explanation on this yet?
Maybe in patch 2.1, they will let us spend additional Cartel Coins to unlock scaling on our training dummies. Spending more Cartel Coins for a removed feature makes it feel new again!

Sadly, you know — deep down — that this sounds more plausible than it should.

Glad to see this bumped because I am still angry about this. I don't PvP but saying that people over optimize their characters by using training dummies....see how that sounds. What gear they put on their characters or how they spec them is their choice. Making these level 55 has made me lose real money because they are worthless to me and do you know how many times I've used them on my level 55 character, exactly 0 times. I have her rotation down. It's the lower level characters that I was working on that needed these dummies. In my opinion, BW screwed up here and we should have the option of getting our cartel coins back if they are not going to have them scale again. Edited by AlaricSevGirl

you know there's a warzone trainings dummy as well?

and what do I do with my lvl 50 char, on which I want to test my dps for an ops?

Don't you know that people with the stupid answers are forgetting that there are level 50 Ops and FPs still. They seem to forget that there are many people who don't have the expansion and thus will never reach level 55. It's all about them and if they're content, then the rest of us should "lose our money because we should have known better" but in truth, BW should NOT have changed the game after we all bought them. That's like buying a car for your 17 yr old and the dealer saying, oh I'm sorry you can't use that until you're 25.

Don't you know that people with the stupid answers are forgetting that there are level 50 Ops and FPs still. They seem to forget that there are many people who don't have the expansion and thus will never reach level 55. It's all about them and if they're content, then the rest of us should "lose our money because we should have known better" but in truth, BW should NOT have changed the game after we all bought them. That's like buying a car for your 17 yr old and the dealer saying, oh I'm sorry you can't use that until you're 25.

After he was already using it for a year. ;)

F****** whoever likes to think that they are only usefull to check your dps at 55. I just want a f***** dummy to beat like an idiot on my ship. Its an mmo and that's enough reason to have one.

As you level up you like to check how some new skills play and feels. With these holo statues and field respec, you will be probably on your ship sometime getting new skills and you might want to test it out right away.

The way the training dummies are right now, you can even complet a skill animation or casting because the dummy will evade and the battle will reset.

bump this topic. Maybe devs could see it and tell us something :)
That would make me happy.

I swear I'm not shamelessly bumping this. I just felt it was very important to express to you, my quoted ally, that I would be pleased if your hypothetical event became reality.