am i the only one who thinks the double xp weekend was a bad idea?

Psychochilla

Not an exaggeration. Literally had a Shadow try to tank Maelstrom Prison in unmodded Esseles parts. He didn't have mass taunt, he didn't have Resilience, he had level 19 relics (fine, could be alignment) and level 20 ears/implants. Happened during last pre-Makeb weekends. It was indeed the worst case, but there were a lot of others, not much better.

This weekend, I saw people in Athiss sporting some nice level 8-9 starter world greens.

I know it's super annoying to play with ppl thats have way utdated gear and cause wipe after wipe after wipe, but of this I just must say LOL :p It made me laugh hard :p Thx for sharing :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's just me, but I was around level 23-24 on Balmorra without double xp. :confused:

If you don't skip content and do a flashpoint or warzone or 2, you can easily be 5+ levels ahead on the 3rd planet even without the exp boost.

Edited by TheBBP

Maybe it's just me, but I was around level 23-24 on Balmorra without double xp. :confused:

What TheBBP said.

During non XP weekend i can stay on level really easy.

-skip heroics (except the low level one on DK that awards an offhand)

-i dont do FPs or PVP

-do all side missions and bonus objectives

-do bonus series on Balmorra (Taris for Rep), Tatooine, Taris (Balmorra for Imp), Belsavis..pretty much any series that is immediately after the main missions

-skip bonus series that require you to come back in a few levels IE Nar Shadaa, Alderaan, Hoth. I'll do some if i start to get underleveled

Thank you. I don't know why some people have such a hard time grasping that concept. If you don't want to use it, it's not like it hurts you at all, and the reasons why other people want it should be pretty clear.

Sure, you can want it all you want. But do you need it? No, absolutely not. Is it something that is worth developer time? I don't think so.

LOVE DOUBLE EXPERIANCE WEEKENDS

I can play and focus on the best part of the game which is the storyline.

At this point working on advanced class versions so its fantastic

Not to mention a lot of people are Queing up for low level flashpoints and warzones

Edited by kirorx

Personnaly, during this weekend I haven't done many of the planet quest; stuck to mostly the story quest. It kind of evens out the fast level gain, and not doing the planet quest mean they won't become stale when I run through them with another character.

I don't think your the only one. But I expect that just as many, if not more, folks love it.

That doesn't mean your concerns are not valid ones. I think an XP reduction buff would be in order here. They do tend to be popular in games that offer them.

Why did you have to? You didn't have to skip anything. The only difference it made by being greyed out was that you wouldn't receive any XP, which given your initial complaint is kind of ironic.

I have to say this pretty much sums up what I was going to say. However, it isn't ironic in my opinion, it's not a well-thought out complaint about the double XP weekend.

You don't design a game around the brain-dead lowest common denominator. That makes a brain-dead game only FOR the lowest common denominator.

Actually, most MMOs nowadays come very close to doing just that. The vast majority of MMOers do not want any sort of challenge whatsoever and wish to put in as little effort as possible.

I'm 7 level's over my class quest, all I've been doing is every quest I can find. I'm way over levelled I actually skipped Alderaan, just rushing through the class quests.

I finished Dromund Kass at lvl 21 by doing only class quest, 2-3 heroic missions and some warzones with no xp potion up and no legacy xp unlock.

Even with double xp there are still people under leveled. I was on alderaan earlier tonight doing my dailys when a lv 29/30 was looking for someone to do the class 1 boss.

29-30 is on level for Alderaan though, unless of course they started that toon right as double XP hit. But not every toon you see running around was created fresh the moment double XP started. I'm actually skipping a lot of bonus objectives (and unfortunately the rewards) just so i can stay on level. I dont like the idea of being a level 20+ and going through Coruscant or DK or being 25 and doing Balmorra/Taris. I actually stopped playing my low level alts and i've been trying to level my Jugg through Makeb. This is my first toon through Makeb and so far i hate it, so despite me not liking double XP weekend i'm gonna use it to speed my way through Makeb.

Edited by swtonewbie

I really am enjoying it. The extra XP is great, I don't mind if a few of my quests end up gray. I still do them anyway.

I like to be a few levels above what is required for a planet, so this makes that easy.

If it were up to me, every weekend would be double XP weekend. BUT....I would offer a XP reduction buff consumable for those that wish to counteract the effect. It would be offered at a very low cost.

We were on a guild achievements run yesterday afternoon on Korriban and in general chat a lot of new players were saying they could not afford skills as levelling too fast. When you think they have no crew skills or anything at first I could see their point.

But Bioware cant win in all truth. Dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. The only suggestion I could say is put in an option to turn off double XP for those who do not want it.

A nice guild event also on double Xp weekends is a datacron run. We did Alderan yesterday also and many brought lower level alts and they gained about 2.5 levels just from exploration xp and codex/crons whilst getting the datacrons also

Edited by Ziso

My current character (a guardian tank) is at lvl 47 and I'm thinking on not buying more skills until I get some money. I am starting belsavis at level 47! this is crazy...but I love it, maybe by the end of the weekend I'll have my tank at lvl 50 working towards the makeb comm mods.

Bioware, you have to make these weekends every two weeks or so, it's great for advancing the toons.

Edited by metalfenix