Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

Chiron_Prime

I'm all for new class stories but honestly people, how can you still hold out hope? They've stated in completely clear terms that it's never happening, repeatedly. It's simply not worth the costs because BioWare doesn't understand and thus don't take into consideration replay value of something. Everything is a one-off thing to them.

Which of course, is so ridiculous in a game with something like the Legacy system that focuses entirely on alts. It boggles the mind.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for new class stories but honestly people, how can you still hold out hope? They've stated in completely clear terms that it's never happening, repeatedly. It's simply not worth the costs because BioWare doesn't understand and thus don't take into consideration replay value of something. Everything is a one-off thing to them.

Which of course, is so ridiculous in a game with something like the Legacy system that focuses entirely on alts. It boggles the mind.

At this point they might as well let Disney do a hostile takeover.

I keep seeing everyone say this, but I have yet to see a link to back it up.

I keep seeing everyone say this, but I have yet to see a link to back it up.

It was stated multiple times around Makeb launching. Go dig up the posts yourself if you want proof. I know I can't be arsed to.

Signed..

I've been playing since launch,and went through all the stories.. if there isn't going to be more class stories(at some point) than i really dont see the point of keepin my sub going because aside from the class stories the game to me is just generic.

Greetings, BioWare. . .

An easier idea would be to just add a new class . . . which would add two stories - one on each side . . . with 10 new companions ( 5 on republic/5 on imperial empire side) - you guys can do this, I've seen the words " it's too hard" used by representatives, however an expansion is handwork and deserves just this

I can understand how difficult it would be to continue the old classes do to voice actors/actresses being hard to get back ( maybe some passed away or will refuse?)

Sorry, but I don't think you understand how difficult it would be. In October (along with GS being hyped for 3rd time as if it was a super-awesome something while it's just an extra like GSF that not even everyone is looking forward to) we'll celebrate a full year of no new ops. PVP-ers get 1 tiny map a year. Casuals get new explorable content in dribs and drabs once in a blue moon. And you want a whole new class...

It was stated multiple times around Makeb launching. Go dig up the posts yourself if you want proof. I know I can't be arsed to.

I have tried, I couldn't find anything that came directly from the voice of the BW team. All I find are people saying it has been said. So until then...

I have tried, I couldn't find anything that came directly from the voice of the BW team. All I find are people saying it has been said. So until then...

POSSIBLY someone with marketing smarts is working on mini-expansions to SELL. I've seen it work really well for various endgame MMOs including ones that have gone FTP.

If writers are too expensive (still?), then they can hold fan contests. They can do cheap mini stories with the companions to experiment with as well. I already KNOW from the app world success and hunger for 1st person stories that it will MAKE MONEY.

Ah, so you're one of those people who only accept a direct answer word for word. If you asked if someone favourite colour was blue, and they said it was black, you would still say it could be blue lol.

They've said they will do makeb style story instead of individual ones from now on. If that's not "no more class stories" then that's your problem, not anyone elses. As far as them saying it's an issue of money... well, it's rather obvious they would never admit to being tight on resources due to PR reasons, but it's rather obvious that they are. It's how EA operates, with skeleton crews to maximize short-term profits. It's been the same operation model in every MMO published by EA so there's no reason to assume anything else.

If you still don't understand, or wnat to understand, the logical conclusion then, again, that's on you. Saying "we don't have the money to continue to make the game we hyped up for years" would be a PR suicide, only hardcore fans would buy a BW game if they came and outright said that.

Ah, so you're one of those people who only accept a direct answer word for word. If you asked if someone favourite colour was blue, and they said it was black, you would still say it could be blue lol.

They've said they will do makeb style story instead of individual ones from now on. If that's not "no more class stories" then that's your problem, not anyone elses. As far as them saying it's an issue of money... well, it's rather obvious they would never admit to being tight on resources due to PR reasons, but it's rather obvious that they are. It's how EA operates, with skeleton crews to maximize short-term profits. It's been the same operation model in every MMO published by EA so there's no reason to assume anything else.

If you still don't understand, or wnat to understand, the logical conclusion then, again, that's on you. Saying "we don't have the money to continue to make the game we hyped up for years" would be a PR suicide, only hardcore fans would buy a BW game if they came and outright said that.

All I asked was a link to these responses...

Signed against all reasonable hope.

They've already failed to satisfy the dedicated PvP crowd and the endgame raiding PvE segment, so they may as well try pandering to the demographic that this game aggressively targeted in the beginning and plan a content patch focusing on immersing story and opportunities to explore the rich Star Wars setting.

Maybe been they'll find something they're good at and give TOR a compelling, unique strength instead of trying to present it as a well-rounded high quality MMORPG experience equally competent in all of the traditional types of gameplay.

./Signed

Yes, I know class stories take a lot of time and money to develop, and yes, I can be patient. But I believe strongly that if no more class specific content comes, ever, SWTOR will die. Most players I've known are here for the story as much as anything, and if you take away the uniquely personal spin on things, what's left is simply 'generic' content that is the same for one class as another. People aren't going to want to run alts above level 50 and will get bored. As for me personally, I can't say for sure what I'd do but I think I'd eventually leave without more class arcs. That is the content that, for me, has set this game apart from others.

If I want to kill things, I'll play any MMO. If I want a truly unique, personalized perspective, SWTOR is (for now, anyway) in its own class. Bioware would be wise to remember what their biggest selling point for the game is.

At this point might as well play RIFT. It's free and they are constantly putting in stuff every two weeks it seems. And at this point they have more lore development than this game.

You could, but it wouldn't be swtor, which I love more than any other. I want EA to give them the backing to make the game they originally planned, not to leave because they haven't.

Signed.

My favorite class is the Jedi Knight. I would love to see content added to it. What I am looking for in a new update.

*Levels up to 65

*5000 extra affection possible

*New class companion conversations

*bugfixes for the Harbinger server

*More gear and story

These things I would love in SWTOR. It would make the game more enjoyable.

Signed

Class stories are the defining feature of SWTOR. It's the only thing that makes this mmo stand out from its competition.

We need more of those, even if they're only a few class specific missions interwoven into the general storyline. Also we need new conversations with our companions and increased approval rating. I don't want to see the repeat of Makeb where my companions only have an occasional comment or a nod.

Edited by Hrco

Really if we want more Class Stories we need to address the 800 lb Gorilla in the room: the % of people who complete multiple Class Stories.

Now remember when many players hit 50 back in 1.1 and left the game because all we had was HM FPs, EV and Bonethrasher?

The Doctors were shocked that people didn't go and play the other 7 class stories. In fact, they had planned the game around having more time because people were (in their minds) supposed to do all the Class Stories. That way the devs could slowly roll out Operations and no one would complain about the pace. But people like us (I'm assuming most of you have at least 4 A3s completed), seem to be the minority even 2 years down the road.

I'm sure if 50% of the playerbase had completed 4/8 A3s we might see a different response, but BW clearly has no intention of making more Class Stories if people aren't doing at least 3 of them. Sad, but true - they just don't see it as cost effective.

The Solution? Get everyone in your guilds to complete 8/8 A3s. EVERYONE. Then when BW looks at their metrics they might think a bit differently.

Even when I played WoW, whenever an expansion came out, the very first thing I did was create a new character for each of the new races and play through their starting area first because I wanted to see the lore. Goblin starting area in Cata was particularly cool. Sure I might have had like 16 characters at 80 but I wanted to see the new lore first.

My point is if even WoW can inject new story regularly this game should too and I initially left WoW for this because of lore.