Please extend the march 29 to april 1 double xp weekend

sepulhead

Americans celebrate April 1 as a holiday too. We call it "April Fools' Day".

But it's not a holiday we get any time off for or anything like that. Just a day we pull pranks on each other. And sometimes, major companies pull pranks on us.

Yes, this DOES happen. Stop laughing. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lewintelamon
addition to post

But it's not a holiday we get any time off for or anything like that. Just a day we pull pranks on each other. And sometimes, major companies pull pranks on us.

i have that day booked off so i get a nice 4 day weekend then. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah I knew it, this SWTOR has been a prank thats lasted 16 months... Ok now where's the real SWTOR game Bioware?

It happens to be on April 1st this year, but traditionally in many countries the Monday after Easter is an official holiday. It is in Belgium and the Netherlands for sure and I think in the UK it's also a bank holiday as they call it.

But this really isn't an April Fool's joke.

The problem is this: whereas it may be a nice gesture to the countries where it is a holiday, it may be considered unfair to people who live in countries where this isn't the case.

So as much as I would like double xp on Monday as I am off as well, I do understand if BW doesn't do it.

It happens to be on April 1st this year, but traditionally in many countries the Monday after Easter is an official holiday. It is in Belgium and the Netherlands for sure and I think in the UK it's also a bank holiday as they call it.

But this really isn't an April Fool's joke.

The problem is this: whereas it may be a nice gesture to the countries where it is a holiday, it may be considered unfair to people who live in countries where this isn't the case.

So as much as I would like double xp on Monday as I am off as well, I do understand if BW doesn't do it.

i feel like if they extended double xp due to easter monday (which is a religious holiday) if they do double xp stuff in the future they would have to extend it to monday if they land on any other religious holiday

Be happy EA are even considering giving us double XP... we all know the reason behind it - they want as many fresh 50's as possible... so they have as many fresh people wanting makeb as possible.

Pure marketing ploy.

If they wasn't releasing an Expansion (late at that) you would not have double xp to complain about not lasting longer.

i feel like if they extended double xp due to easter monday (which is a religious holiday) if they do double xp stuff in the future they would have to extend it to monday if they land on any other religious holiday

The fact that the origin of the holiday is religious is not so much the point. The point is, is it an official holiday or not? Since this is different from country to country, it makes sense that BW stay away from it.

:D

So who thinks that on April 1, Bioware will rollback the xp gained by everyone during the double xp weekends and says "April`s Fools!"?

:D

The fact that the origin of the holiday is religious is not so much the point. The point is, is it an official holiday or not? Since this is different from country to country, it makes sense that BW stay away from it.

Why would it be a problem that it isn't a holiday in some parts of the world. they can still play.when the double xp weekends start Friday evening most Americans are still at work.

Why would it be a problem that it isn't a holiday in some parts of the world. they can still play.when the double xp weekends start Friday evening most Americans are still at work.

It's not a problem. People are only mentioning that it's not a holiday elsewhere since the central theme of your reasoning was that there should be double because it's a holiday where you are.

Personally, I don't care if there is double xp every weekend for the rest of time. Doesn't really bother/interest me either way.

Be happy EA are even considering giving us double XP... we all know the reason behind it - they want as many fresh 50's as possible... so they have as many fresh people wanting makeb as possible.

Pure marketing ploy.

If they wasn't releasing an Expansion (late at that) you would not have double xp to complain about not lasting longer.

It is of mutual benefit if you are interested in Makeb. You make it sound so devious.

If they weren't interested in revenue they would quit updating the game. :D

I highly doubt it. Bioware is a canadian company and Bioware austin is american. In Canada its not a stat holiday only good friday is not sure about the states. SO I highly doubt they will extend it. They didn't even extend it last weekend when it was down for an hour on friday. Edited by darthmazley