Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Incoming Left!

FearlessTeapot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And CW I never understood because the path back to middle from the left takes you past the enemy spawn area; whereas if you had taken the right node, you scrape back by where your own team is coming from.

It's a shorter initial run to go left out of spawn in CW (by about the exact width of mid) and one could argue that it is advantageous to run by the enemie's spawn when cycling back to mid; while you never really want to fight off the node, it's better to intercept the other team before they get to your node, plus you might intercept anyone that is running back over to your off node, whereas if they are running to their natural you will be all the way across the wz from them and have to turn around.

*looks left, looks right, he sees one enemy.* I think guy spoke about the doors other then those I'm on now.

If you're in the spawn in Voidstar it's tough to tell which way to go when someone does this. Especially if half your team is in there with you it can be tough to tell which door is under pressure.

Well if we are really getting down to it, voidstar is a ship in space so we should all be using port and starboard...just sayin.

You got a point. At the same time, do compasses even work in space? Gravitational pull could be from anywhere.

You got a point. At the same time, do compasses even work in space? Gravitational pull could be from anywhere.

you ment magnetic field.

as long as devs would put anything on our mini map, it would be used. either N/S/W/E, or anything else (but puting 'up/down/left/right' on mini map would be just a bit stupid, but still better then nothing). That could end debate. (not I said COULD not WOULD)

you ment magnetic field.

as long as devs would put anything on our mini map, it would be used. either N/S/W/E, or anything else (but puting 'up/down/left/right' on mini map would be just a bit stupid, but still better then nothing). That could end debate. (not I said COULD not WOULD)

Indeed. I was thinking of Starship troopers and the liquid in the glass slanting toward the incoming projectile from the bug planet.

/nerd

If they can't understand a map, then I can't help them really.

There is a worldwide, centuries-old convention in place that states that the top of a map points always NORTH.

Most people instinctively follow that, even if they don't know the origins.

But because Bioware does not flip the Voidstar map for the defending team, it causes all this confusion.

Well if we are really getting down to it, voidstar is a ship in space so we should all be using port and starboard...just sayin.

Yes, naming the doors would be the easiest solution to the problem.

Portside/starboard would be appropriate for a ship - perhaps in 3.0, we might even see that happening. ;)

If you're in the spawn in Voidstar it's tough to tell which way to go when someone does this. Especially if half your team is in there with you it can be tough to tell which door is under pressure.

If you're standing in the spawn area with half your team then mouse over the 4 people who are alive to deduce which side needs help.

Ideally you should have sorted out who is guarding nodes before the match starts, so when they say incoming you should know where to go automatically...especially if say you just defended South for Novare coast with 4 other team mates and you can clearly see no enemies are on their way. I say ideally of course because pugging is scary sometimes in that common sense doesn't exist.

There is a worldwide, centuries-old convention in place that states that the top of a map points always NORTH.

But because Bioware does not flip the Voidstar map for the defending team, it causes all this confusion.

;)

Yeah but if you open the map all confusion can be sorted out. But that's assuming the people even care enough or lack the brain cells required to comprehend such a feat.

Oh well we do what we can I guess.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

This is only a problem if you lack situational awareness. People who still complain about calling left/right/east/west/up/down/grass/snow are players who think they are good but really are mediocre.

If you have situational awareness what they call isn't important because you should already know where the action will be.

this ... skilled player easy understands whats goin on

East / West is what I use probably 80% of the time

Left / Right is what I use the remaining 20%

I HATE snow/grass in civil war! I have a go at everyone that uses it. This is pure empire terminology that, as a republic player, we managed to avoid for probably 10 months. On my original server, Frostclaw, republic never ever used it. On our next server, Nightmare Lands, we never used it. Now, on TRE, it gets used all the time. And every time I ask people why they are using snow/grass, it is always because they are playing a republic alt but they have empire mains.

East / West is what I use probably 80% of the time

Left / Right is what I use the remaining 20%

I HATE snow/grass in civil war! I have a go at everyone that uses it. This is pure empire terminology that, as a republic player, we managed to avoid for probably 10 months. On my original server, Frostclaw, republic never ever used it. On our next server, Nightmare Lands, we never used it. Now, on TRE, it gets used all the time. And every time I ask people why they are using snow/grass, it is always because they are playing a republic alt but they have empire mains.

But why don't you like snow/grass in civil war? Just curious?

"Incoming other door"

Good luck finding out which is "other" door.

When there are 6-7 people fighting on 1 side of the voidstar, and you and if your lucky 1 other person is guarding the other door, i think "other door" is self explanatory.

Sort of. The mistake was designing it so that attackers progress North instead of South. If the datacore was at the south end, and defenders were always facing north in their spawn, there would be no issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.