The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

**abilities misfiring**

SOULCASTER

Probably ever since 1.6 I've noticed my abilities on my vanguard have been misfiring. Particuarly my HIB and ion pulse. It will blow the GCD but not fire the ability.

Now since this update on saturday morning, I am experiencing this on all of my classes. My Vanguard misfires have gone from one in every 15x tries, to now 1 out of 3 uses of an ability will misfire. Same with my Sage now. My Force Mend Self heal is constantly misfiring, and sometimes my cast bars are not being displayed, but the GCD fires and my character does the animation for the cast, but nothing is cast.

I am not the only one experiencing this, as several guild mates have also mentioned this.

:confused:

Edited by SOULCASTER

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. server lag can cause this

2. not enough internet bandwidth on your end can cause it (downloading and playing at same time on a connection can harm things)

3. spamming the ability (keybind or clicking) can cause a misfire

I even created a macro to test the heat vs ammo debate and it misfires every once in a while.

It's an issue with the client server technology. I have seen this since launch. I press my command and the animation starts but stops. No command is issued and no action occurs

The other side is the animation occurs but no damage is received and the move goes on cooldown.

I see issue one WAY more than issue two.

I really hope Bioware can fix this.

This isn't new, I've seen it on or off since like 1.2 (it was really bad then, it went away and seem to have come back a little, but not nearly as bad).

I notice it mostly with Ravage on my Jugg. GCD goes off and I think the animation even starts, but when the GCD ends the ability shows ready to go. I haven't investigated if any damage is done or just the ability shows, my suspicion is no damage.

Do you see it happen more with cast effects or with instant effects? I've noticed it with both my CC and my CC break behaving lately.

I see it more with Instant-Abilities. But it sucks just as bad when it happens on cast abilities and your character does ht animation for it, but then it doesn't work.

Its literally game breaking, for me at least. I can't tell you how many times I would have killed someone with a HIB or healed myself to stay alive one last time and my abilities fail.....

I haven't played since beta but have always had it since I started played.

It got worse with 1.4 in my case and been that way ever since.

It is worse on my sentinel, BH and trooper.

I wrote a post about it long ago at the costummer support forums and was asked to submit a in-game ticket which... went nowhere.

Many of the replies to my post suggested ( as many here do) that this has been one of the issues not fixed since beta times.

Here is a comprehensive player discussion from an older post dealing with character responsiveness I found pertaining to this topic. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159300

I have yet to ( as well as many in my guild) find a fix that involves anything on your end.

This is one you may have to live with. I don't think it is getting fixed anytime soon.

This has been around for a while, but yes ever since the patch its been worse. I've had a couple of times where I lose my cast bar completely during this and the animations go but I am not doing dmg. At first I thought it was lag, but I can see the fight going on its like I lose my ability to attack and my latency is fine. I really wish bioware would actually fix this like they supposedly did back in 1.4

Glad someone brought this up, I thought it was just me last few days or so. I've been playing PT, Sent. and Soc. and seeing it quite a bit. (especially on the first 2). Never had an issue before 1.7 but lately I'll hit a skill sometimes and.......nuttin'.

It's most noticeable on my powertech though because I do the animation with no result and generate 0 heat when it "misfires".

Edited by CarverX
adding something

This isn't new for me. I've seen it across multiple classes for a while now. Doesn't matter which ability it is, instant or channeled, cooldown or none, I'll be pressing it, the GCD fires but the ability does not.

My internet connection dances between 45 and 70 ms so I don't see that as being the issue.

I've had this happen with my Instant Stealth (smuggler ability - can 't remember the name right now), sometimes the cool-down just stops and only goes back to being ready to use after my char has died. Kind of annoying. Noticed this happen during the past two or three days, so maybe there's a connection.

Just speculating here, but this might be a regression bug. This was a problem a year ago and it had something to do with the ability queue (you can set it up in preferences so if you activate an ability during the global cooldown, it will still go off when the cooldown becomes available.

They fixed it, but it kind of looks like it may have worked its way back into the code.

Oh hey now people are admitting there is a problem, I have been posting about this every week since 1.4 and all i got were people saying I was lying or told me to stop smashing my keys. But in reality the client is trash. I have stopped pvping since 1.4 due to this issue. You have alresdy tried to fix it twice but now its back.

Bioware please fix this.

Edited by Toweleeeie

This is one of my biggest problems with the game at the moment. As a competitive PvPer I play a sniper and in many cases it's crucial to get my take-down and follow-through (both instacast) off as quickly as possible to finish off a target before they can be healed, but unfortunately one or the other misfires and procs a global coodown buying my target enough time to escape. This is a major issue and is something that needs to be addressed by bioware asap...especially if they have any future plans for competitive pvp. Edited by demuss

After testing , the server client sync is worst then I tought , when the combay logs are even flawed .

sorry the combat logs the basic , of data transmistions , are not even clientside like any other MMO .

then confirmed serverside .. No it doesn't even save properly

but altered serverside , it is getting to be a joke when the basis of a program cannot even legitly validate data .

seems after 1 year .

this is getting to be a joke such glaring flaws , that are that obvious , yeah workaround causes missfire .

Cause heals or damage to dissapear in limbo , blaim people connection and sync issue .

how can the servers actually gather accurate information , when the logs and system are flawed .

Sorry is this a MMO professionally run ?

Or a mmo that wasted all the funds without even a proper backbone ?

fundamental of all things the logs are not even properly working synced client side , let alone accurate data is passed to serverside .