60k repair bill!

Osryri

lol! 60K? That's what did it? Pft... I've had bigger bills as we learned HM/NiM Ops.

I make 60k doing nothing... so, happy trails Op. Sorry you never L2P this game.

Point is – people are seeing the same bills now when they know the ops and when they were just learning them. I'm not even going to bother with the whole „l2p this game means grinding to get credits“ logic because that would be way too easy and you still wouldn't get it.

Oh, and... LOL. :rolleyes:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol! 60K? That's what did it? Pft... I've had bigger bills as we learned HM/NiM Ops.

I make 60k doing nothing... so, happy trails Op. Sorry you never L2P this game.

Erm. He's saying that's what a normal, semi-smooth run cost. You're saying that's what it cost when you spent the night dying every 10 minutes while learning the next tier of ops.

See the problem?

60k isn't that hard to make in a day, and 60k repair bill didn't' use to be an issue from, oh say 10 wipes. But I'm guess that took you 4-5 wipes with the current costs.

Honestly, if you remember pre-1.2 the repair costs were nuts. Back then you'd be looking at a 180k repair bill instead of a 60k one, you're lucky they didn't revert to that.

It's not that it can't be made back, rather that it takes time to make it back. And heck, maybe there are other things people want to spend their credits on like legacy unlocks, social gear, grade 7 ship upgrades, removing mods, and so on.

Also...

subnormals. subnormals everywhere.

i can make more than 1million per day if i want to or maybe 1.5million and with lucky 2million per day

of course i don't do it because it is boring but it is posible

...The activities required to make credits in large amounts are not particularly engaging in the long-term.

Of course, making credits and needing to spend them is part of the game - most notably it's the penalty for dying - but the amount players need to spend on routine maintenance shouldn't be too high.

As for 1-2 million per day, I have no idea how I'd do that beyond farming something or gaming the auction house. I guess it depends how long one plays in a day too :)

Edited by Rigsta

You do realize that your gear degrades just taking hits right? People are complaining of 30k bills just from doing the stinking dailies without dying. Forget that treadmill. I've gone back to PvP only. I refuse to tank under these conditions. I get to play an hour a day if I'm lucky. I'm not going to spend 4 days doing dailies for one to two nights of Ops.

If just the dailies are causing them problems than they are doing something wrong. I have been running dailies on multiple characters since the patch and on every single character my credit balance is still rising.

And the issue of people only having 2 hours is not valid. Everyone has to do a certain amount of credit grinding to cover repairs. If you play more hours you do more content and need to pay for more repairs so you still have to grind. We just have to spend 25% (as an example, I'm not saying that is the exact number) of our time grinding credits if we wish to run OPs, doesn't matter if you play 2 hours a day or 8.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

<nerdrage>

OMG this game has a bug! Cancelled sub!

</nerdrage>

:rolleyes:

I get so tired of these threads, it's an mmo they have more bugs then normal games but they get worked out.

The silence for over a week is annoying, but rage quitting over something like this is silly IMO.

Also from what I've heard swapping your mods into other gear can possibly elimate the problem. I know I haven't had higher repair bills on the 3 toons I've played in the last week. Talking to some guildies it sounds like newer vanity shells seem to be the problem. Temporarily move your mods into older oranges the original cores should fix the repair bills till BW patches it.

I guess there always will be people who find whatever decision BW makes being acceptable for them. What i don't understand is, why do they feel the need to step in every thread created by those who has a different opinion and bash them? It's fine that you guys find this recent repair cost change suitable to you, but why do you have to convince those who thinks differently that they are bads and how they feel is wrong?

I undertand that seeing complaining, especially on massive scale, may sometimes be annoying to you, but isn't it better to just avoid these threads so you don't annoy them and yourself even more?

Be mature and show a bit more tolerance towards other people's opinion and emotons please.

Everything you said is true. That said, don't expect it to make a difference. There are too many who are white knights, some who are just trolls and few who just like to be contrary for the sake of being contrary.

The thing that kills me about the "honest" defenders is that they apparently have no problems just giving more of their cash away. I imagine a small percentage thinks that it increases the difficulty of the game and so it's a good thing which is a selfish view to have. You want the game to be more difficult, make limits for yourself, don't try and force everyone play at your level or think that they have all the time in the world to play. Those that want things to be harder should make the game harder for themselves, not for everyone.

maybe you're to incompetent to read what I said. I lost more credits then I made today by simply having a few wipes in a flashpoint. That means I completely wasted all my time doing the few dailies I did. I don't enjoy seeing negative results for my efforts.

Oh noes! Bad day in a game!

It is a little much when i was farming mats and killing mobs for about 20-30 minutes i went to repair and my bill was 7k. I didnt even have to rez or anything. I think if they make the armor at least tougher or only get a repair cost when dying that might at least help somewhat

Thanks Bioware. I didn't even make 60k today but due to a few wipes in a flashpoint I lost every credit I earned plus some. Thanks so much for screwing up this game even further.

Sounds like you need to get better or quit pugging FP's, I haven't had a group wipe on a FP with any number of pugs in it with me since I dunno... 1.1, and 4-5... yeah... there is a reason you can vote kick people.

Good.Weed out the non -hackers.Listen up, this game requires a certain degree of playtime to be good at.A casual player should be able to handle it.If they cant ,then MMOs arent for them.Wiped three times on gree raid HM and my bill was 29k.So frikkin what! I made that just getting to the raid location.

I could never understand why folks would WANT to wipe 10 times ,then come here to complain about the bill.Thats like using up electricity then saying that they dont want to be charged for it. Gimme a break!

Furthermore, do you repair as you go along? I do all the time.I see a medical droid, repair.I pull out my personal one , repair.Its no big deal.Or are you so cheap with digital currency to not spend it?Wow.

The hard core SWG players said the same thing. Where is that game now?

45-60 minutes might be all the time working people have to play per day. You need to re-read this thread. You've completely missed the point.

Because you've completely missed the point. "Do more dailies" is the silly statement in this thread, made exclusively by people without lives and careers.

Thank you this was pretty much the point I was trying to get across. I don't have millions of credits in the bank. I dont have the time to farm credits day in and day out. So When I spend damn near an hour doing dailies only watch it all go down the drain on nothing at all I no longer have a desire to play the game. Coming away from time played in this game I expect to have something to show for it. The repair cost took everything I had worked to get. So what are my options? Never go into a flashpoint again and risk a wipe. Well I'll never get any gear at that point. Should I go into flashpoints but leave the second I sense the group may not succeed? I'll never really progress at all then. Most players who say I'm just whining are most likely fully geared and dont worry about credits at all. That's nice however not all players have 10 level 50 toons and 20 million in their banks.

On a side note. Im not impressed by anyone who claims they are hardcore MMO players. Is that really something to be proud of?

Sounds like you need to get better or quit pugging FP's, I haven't had a group wipe on a FP with any number of pugs in it with me since I dunno... 1.1, and 4-5... yeah... there is a reason you can vote kick people.

run Karon Under Siege with a full group of fresh level 50's. See what happens.

Incompetent player? You were just crying about wiping on a FP, Im guessing it wasnt even hard mode.

This game is not hard and repair costs should be high. Dying should have a penalty.

Did you even bother to read my post? I didnt care about the wipes. Wipes are a part of progressing through content like flashpoints. I wasnt bothered by that at all. What bothered my was paying 60k to repair my gear after spending damn near an hour on Illum and not even making that much.

Go back to school and take a reading comprehension class.

Well OP you could have just brought a field repair droid along and use it every few wipes but No cause repair droid cost money and I don't like daliys.

Im no Math whiz but wouldnt making 4 separate payments equal the total of those same 4 payments together?

15k*4=60k

15k+15k+15k+15k=60k

I dont know though, I failed math.

Man I feel for you.. several of us highlighted the fact that the actual repair cost will hurt the community beyond what they've expected.

Why ?

Simply because, except the fan boys or "no life" who think that it's ok to do every day daylies to cover repair cost :

- nobody think it's fun to do repeatedly the same dailies every time you want to make FP or OPS, thus only to cover any wipe repair cost

- it's a game = fun. once you need to do something boring for hours in order to do something fun..then something is wrong

- less people will do FP or OPS in order to avoid wipes with unknown people (group finder)

- more repair cost = people will save money = GTN people will make less money :)

Several others reason.. read the Thred which has already 100 pages...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=597827&page=101

Just do as several has done.. Cancel your subs. Money is the only thing EA understand, believe me !

Making credits in SWTOR is very easy and you can do it in many ways. If you can't make 60k, you are very incompetent to play this game.

some people are burned out on grinding daily's/farming mats to sell/doing pvp (which has no repair bills) to make money, and also they probably don't have the time as they have jobs. Some players are not working or are in college and have all day/night to play/make money. I remember when I was in college luckily we didn't have MMO's back then or I never would have graduated as I probably would have been skipping classes too much so I could play games. Oh wait, lol you guys still do that. I rest my case.

60k isn't that hard to make in a day, and 60k repair bill didn't' use to be an issue from, oh say 10 wipes. But I'm guess that took you 4-5 wipes with the current costs.

Honestly, if you remember pre-1.2 the repair costs were nuts. Back then you'd be looking at a 180k repair bill instead of a 60k one, you're lucky they didn't revert to that.

Well I guess you weren't actually playing then, because the repair bills now are nowhere near what has ever been in the game.