60k repair bill!

Osryri

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People just dont understand the value of running Dailies on Ilum, Belsavis, Section X, and Corellia. Money to be made there!

Lets see. 6 hours of play time a week (maybe 8 if I push it). 6-8 hours of dailies a week. Right now that is just enough to pay for the 6-8 hours of raiding the following week. BTW I don't care if SOMEONE ELSE can run ALL those dailies in 2 hours or 2 minutes. It takes me at least 1.5 - 2 hours per planet without the weekly thrown in. i do not enjoy spending all my play time grinding for credits, or even 50% for that matter. I was cool with having to dailies once a month to pay for my other 3 weeks of raiding. The return on investment just isn't there any more. Time to finish my last 3 class story lines and call it over.

I lost over 200K on repairs during one Pub Hard Mode Xeno OPS because the Pub DPS was not strong enough to take down the cubes before Xeno one hit zaps the Aggro'd Tank (me). We kept trying, never got anything out of it aside from a sore back side. :mad: Edited by DakotaDoc

The real issue here is people like you who don't care about what their money goes to. Good job defending a company that is ruining a potentially great game. I understand you really like this game and your probably set with millions of credits and don't care about the cost of repair. The option you posted about running content in Green gear to save money is ridiculous. That doesn't fix the issue. If you need to try to work around a problem rather then demand it be fixed your are no better then the morons who keep pissing off the players base and making everyone leave. " Reinforced the belief that gear> skill & cooperation." Really maybe if you had read the thread you would have read that the group was full of fresh level 50's. Even with my decent gear, as a DPS I cant tank for long or heal at all. The multiple wipes happened because we kept trying even after a wipe using different approaches to try and succeed. You seem like the type of player who would most likely cry and drop group on the first wipe. Your other solution of using cheaper gear is just as lame. I spent hours working to get my Legacy to level 20 to use that gear. I shouldn't be forced to pay more then someone else because my gear was harder to get. I love your number 5 solution by the way. "do HM FPs without wiping & vender the drops." Wow really you mean like do excatly what caused me to create this thread in the first place.

Last I looked subs were still falling. According to you though that must be the fault of vocal players like me who demand answers. Smart consumers don't fork over money and not expect something from it. A smart company would realize this and work to make their consumers happy. In the case of this awesome EA/BW game that isn't happening.

I'd say from the things you've said here that you're taking my comments as a personal attack. Truth is I don't know you, I don't how good of a player you are, I don't don't know how long you've been playing the game, and I don't really care.

You also don't know me, and are making a huge number of assumptions in this post.

What I do know is this

1) You are not generating 60K in repair bills from 4 wipes while wearing the free tionese gear that every fresh 50 receives these days. I have a toon with 2 pieces of legacy gear using tionese level mods, and it costs 5K - 6K per wipe to repair it's gear.

2) It isn't too difficult to down a HM boss in less than Tionese gear ~ it was being done many times a day A LONG time before Free Tionese became a reality and long before the bosses in these easier HMs were nerfed. Pay your dues, and learn the fights ~ that's what everyone has to do.

3) Credits are too easy to come by in SWTOR & the game lacks enough credit sinks for the GTN economy to be functional. As it sits the GTN is nearly useless for low level first time players who do not have a geared main to finanacially support them. This is not good for the game. If I have to pay higher repair bills on my main so that prices on lowbie gear are not driven sky high by long time players twinking alts ~ SO BE IT.

4) People who are generating outrageous repair bills are doing it in HM Ops & NiM mode FPs. These are the hardcore players that are 4 manning SM OPs. BW doesn't care if those players quit ~ they're not catering to hardcore players. And they really could care less if the bandwidth/server hogs up and left.

5) a large number of the 2mil players that were here at launch have cancelled their subs because SWTOR is too easy. Challenge = FUN

6) BW stopped releasing figures of their subscriptions months ago ~ I've got no clue where you got your idea that the game is still losing subs. NOBODY KNOWS, and there is only speculation.

7) DPS ABSOLUTELY CAN cause a wipe. By not peeling adds away from the healer. By not using their threat dump & out aggroing the tank. By not doing enough damage to beat the enrage timer. By breaking CC. By being too silly to stay out of AoE damage. By not having the good sense to stay behind the boss & away from cleave type attacks. By not avoiding environmental sources of damage. By making pulls. By trying to tank anything. I've seen more wipes caused by DPS than I ever have by bad healers or tanks.

Edited by Cleet_Xia

People just dont understand the value of running Dailies on Ilum, Belsavis, Section X, and Corellia. Money to be made there!

Some people don't understand the value of time.... period. When one is able to grasp the age old concept of "time is money" one understands that there is money to be made.... in time. Do you understand that? Do you see where that fits on the context of doing daily's for ingame currency vs. doing activities which you pay real money for to have fun? Yep Money to be made.

yea, been a sub since launch, just canceled my sub because of this, and I've blown we'll over 100$ on cartel items, lol. I used to like helping people just for the fun of it, but it's in no way worth it anymore, especially if I've taken the time and spent the credits to make my toon exactly how I want them to look. IMO they have destroyed one of my favorite things about this game, modable gear.

5) a large number of the 2mil players that were here at launch have cancelled their subs because SWTOR is too easy. Challenge = FUN

Sorry... Not even close to true.

Edit: Unless, of course, you're equating lack of content for ease of play, then yes maybe.

Edited by LeonBraun

Sorry... Not even close to true.

Edit: Unless, of course, you're equating lack of content for ease of play, then yes maybe.

There's a decent amount of truth to what they said actually.

Tier 1 Nightmare modes were considered too easy by all experienced raiders. HM EC was okay but it took 5 months for HM TFB to come out (which killed one of the guilds I was in:().

Now NiM EC is great because it's a challenge and was released close to HM TFB. But it really was a matter of "should have done it sooner."

There's a decent amount of truth to what they said actually.

Tier 1 Nightmare modes were considered too easy by all experienced raiders. HM EC was okay but it took 5 months for HM TFB to come out (which killed one of the guilds I was in:().

Now NiM EC is great because it's a challenge and was released close to HM TFB. But it really was a matter of "should have done it sooner."

This boils down to lack of content really also... 5 bosses in any legitimate MMO is not a raid, it's a "dungeon"... Yes, the raids need to be better. We need more of them, they need to be at least twice the size, and you're right on the raids -- they need to be a larger challenge. On the raids (ops) I can agree for sure.

Edited by LeonBraun

SO my questions to the OP is simple, in the 7 months BioWare had mistakenly not taken the mods in items into account for repairs why you didnt have a credit surplus guild up, see this is how it was bugged:

You buy some cheaper ORANGE (custom item) from vendor and then moved the mods to said cheap item and wow repair bill when red for Full Dread Guard was only running 12k if you had all level 19 orange gear or hell Level 1 Cartel gear.

Bioware didnt realize they had fixed the repair price soley based on the item SHELL after they allowed set bonuses to move witht he armoring mod.

Did you think all those sorcs running around in Jedi Initiate gear liked how newb it looked?

Now myself I only used orange gear for looks, so I had a mix of standard items (thanks to unify colors) and custom (soley for the looks). My Guardian after running dailies before they fix it was costing 7-9k to repair after dailies on Belsavis (death free), after the fix this has went to 14-18k, roughly double but I wasnt suprised as I knew from guildies who have much Dread Guard that they had moved mods into cheap orange peices instead of keeping the Dread Guard looke (some of them are cool) simply to keep repair bills down when they were running lower geared guildies through Ops for gear.

Bioware didnt raise repair prices, all they did was fix a bug that was reducing repair prices incorrectly. No one was ************ then for sure and a surplus shouldve easily been built up.

I play 2-3 hours a night and since launch to now I still have about 4 millionn credits across my 50s right now, I dont do many dailies (events excluded) but I partake in crafting/selling simple things (purple barrels for mid levels, color crystals etc) and MK kits to make my money on what I spend just doing stuff.

I recently was in a HM 16 Man group for Xeno, because of 3 low geared people we couldnt kill the cores in time and thus wiped 4 times before we had to kick those 3 people and replace them, I am wearing 61-63 items and my total repair bill for the night was 97k. Since I had made more than half of that doing the Gree Dailies prior to this and had a surplus built up from the months of dirt cheap repairs

SO my questions to the OP is simple, in the 7 months BioWare had mistakenly not taken the mods in items into account for repairs why you didnt have a credit surplus guild up, see this is how it was bugged:

You buy some cheaper ORANGE (custom item) from vendor and then moved the mods to said cheap item and wow repair bill when red for Full Dread Guard was only running 12k if you had all level 19 orange gear or hell Level 1 Cartel gear.

Bioware didnt realize they had fixed the repair price soley based on the item SHELL after they allowed set bonuses to move witht he armoring mod.

Did you think all those sorcs running around in Jedi Initiate gear liked how newb it looked?

Now myself I only used orange gear for looks, so I had a mix of standard items (thanks to unify colors) and custom (soley for the looks). My Guardian after running dailies before they fix it was costing 7-9k to repair after dailies on Belsavis (death free), after the fix this has went to 14-18k, roughly double but I wasnt suprised as I knew from guildies who have much Dread Guard that they had moved mods into cheap orange peices instead of keeping the Dread Guard looke (some of them are cool) simply to keep repair bills down when they were running lower geared guildies through Ops for gear.

Bioware didnt raise repair prices, all they did was fix a bug that was reducing repair prices incorrectly. No one was ************ then for sure and a surplus shouldve easily been built up.

I play 2-3 hours a night and since launch to now I still have about 4 millionn credits across my 50s right now, I dont do many dailies (events excluded) but I partake in crafting/selling simple things (purple barrels for mid levels, color crystals etc) and MK kits to make my money on what I spend just doing stuff.

I recently was in a HM 16 Man group for Xeno, because of 3 low geared people we couldnt kill the cores in time and thus wiped 4 times before we had to kick those 3 people and replace them, I am wearing 61-63 items and my total repair bill for the night was 97k. Since I had made more than half of that doing the Gree Dailies prior to this and had a surplus built up from the months of dirt cheap repairs

It is not right to increase repair costs at the magnitude it affects many people. Whether it was a bug or not it is irrelevant. It is of further irrelevance since fixing this bug has no positive value towards game-play (unlike countless other bugs that should be addressed) . If you feel it affects game-play or our game economy is in a urgent state of hyperinflation... please elaborate.

Furthermore, there is ample evidence that if the bug fix would have been the only alteration, repair costs would have increased in the order or 20% or so. That level of increase would have likely not caused much of a reaction. But for many, ironically including your self, repair costs have increased 2X-3X. That is unacceptable.

My gripe? I am loosing raid spots because they don't want to/can not login to do dailys to pay for a nights progressions that now costs them 150K+ per repair bill. We wait for what we believed should have been a simple retroactive step from bioware. As someone said, I(we) cannot blame lost subs on repairs. in our case, it is just another drop on a full bucket and... we are at critical mass.

You have a simple question for the OP, I have a simple question for you. Why do you care ? Why should you care? The price increase to repairs affects you quite a bit from I can tell. Do you do any progression at all? I can not understand how someone with a head between his/her shoulders would object to a revision to the current repair costs, especially at the magnitude you have been affected. Seriously, what is your motivation? Are you merely interested on imparting moral judgement on others about the value of spending ingame time amassing credits so you can do the things you like ( pay for with real money) ?

Edited by TheIrage

Dude that's like less than two hours of play time worth of credits.

Dude thats two hours of wasted time with nothing to show for it. Meaning I would need to go for another 2 hours to try and make back what I lost. Now if you can do basic math, i would need to commit 4 hours of play time to get two hours worth of credits. You see the issue now?

I'd say from the things you've said here that you're taking my comments as a personal attack. Truth is I don't know you, I don't how good of a player you are, I don't don't know how long you've been playing the game, and I don't really care.

You also don't know me, and are making a huge number of assumptions in this post.

What I do know is this

1) You are not generating 60K in repair bills from 4 wipes while wearing the free tionese gear that every fresh 50 receives these days. I have a toon with 2 pieces of legacy gear using tionese level mods, and it costs 5K - 6K per wipe to repair it's gear.

You really need to read the thread. I am not using the free Tionese gear. I wear legacy armor with mods ripped from Rakata, Columi, and some Tionese gear. Since you're just making assumptions at this point, anything else you say holds no weight in this thread.

It is not right to increase repair costs at the magnitude it affects many people. Whether it was a bug or not it is irrelevant. It is of further irrelevance since fixing this bug has no positive value towards game-play (unlike countless other bugs that should be addressed) . If you feel it affects game-play or our game economy is in a urgent state of hyperinflation... please elaborate.

Furthermore, there is ample evidence that if the bug fix would have been the only alteration, repair costs would have increased in the order or 20% or so. That level of increase would have likely not caused much of a reaction. But for many, ironically including your self, repair costs have increased 2X-3X. That is unacceptable.

My gripe? I am loosing raid spots because they don't want to/can not login to do dailys to pay for a nights progressions that now costs them 150K+ per repair bill. We wait for what we believed should have been a simple retroactive step from bioware. As someone said, I(we) cannot blame lost subs on repairs. in our case, it is just another drop on a full bucket and... we are at critical mass.

You have a simple question for the OP, I have a simple question for you. Why do you care ? Why should you care? The price increase to repairs affects you quite a bit from I can tell. Do you do any progression at all? I can not understand how someone with a head between his/her shoulders would object to a revision to the current repair costs, especially at the magnitude you have been affected. Seriously, what is your motivation? Are you merely interested on imparting moral judgement on others about the value of spending ingame time amassing credits so you can do the things you like ( pay for with real money) ?

Before bug fix, 10k for red gear maybe slightly more. After bug fix, 60k for none red/yellow gear. That's a problem.

Before bug fix, 10k for red gear maybe slightly more. After bug fix, 60k for none red/yellow gear. That's a problem.

How bout the internet end all for this thread that is now totally pointless as dev is going to change the repair costs and reduce them next maint, but "pics or it didn't happen" cause at this point no one is disagreeing that costs went up, even the devs agree, the only disagreement still lingering is that you are saying you have a 15k repair each time you die when people who are using the same or similar shells with better mods, enhanc, armors have half or less than that each time.

How bout the internet end all for this thread that is now totally pointless as dev is going to change the repair costs and reduce them next maint, but "pics or it didn't happen" cause at this point no one is disagreeing that costs went up, even the devs agree, the only disagreement still lingering is that you are saying you have a 15k repair each time you die when people who are using the same or similar shells with better mods, enhanc, armors have half or less than that each time.

You found me out. Ive been lying about my repair cost as an excuse to leave them game I really liked.

You found me out. Ive been lying about my repair cost as an excuse to leave them game I really liked.

I'm not calling you a liar, I think you are just mistaken about any of the following :

A. The cost.

B. How many times you wiped.

C. Had damaged gear before entering the instance.

And screenshots is the quickest way to show us.

I'm not calling you a liar, I think you are just mistaken about any of the following :

A. The cost.

B. How many times you wiped.

C. Had damaged gear before entering the instance.

And screenshots is the quickest way to show us.

Sure let me get in my time machine and make some screen shots for you. I'll get right on that.