Is this working as intended? Guilds taking over the event PvP zone, demanding pay.

Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd report them.

That's total BS.

:(

Report them for what? You're in a PvP zone so they have every right to attack you. There's nothing stopping the non-guilded to ban together. I'm pretty sure the amount of people in that guild are less than the number of non-guilded people

Turn the tables on them if you can rouse enough people.

Well, it's a small group pvp zone. They're still acting as a raid party.

They have every right to act like that. There's nothing in a FFA PvP Zone that says you're forced to attack anyone. Have you ever played a FFA in an RTS and hated how two people worked together to pick you off by attacking from opposite sides.

What do you actually think of their action/idea?!

As for what I think... this is Bioware's fault. They designed it this way and someone else is gaming the system. This never should have been a PvP FFA area... terrible idea.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Wow, with the new repair costs, this sounds like a great idea! I wonder if our guild could form up with a couple others to really drive the price up and split it.

Would suck if I gave a crap about the event, but since I don't, I find this to be an extremely great way to recoup some repair costs.

I don't think they have the right to extort people...

Extort? You have a chance at fighting back. This isn't like your some shop owner getting squeezed by the local crime family. This is a game and there's nothing in it that says they can't do this. It's a PvP Zone. It's BW's flawed system. It's the same thing people were doing when they were killing everyone trying to get to vendor in Outlaw's Den.

Extort? You have a chance at fighting back. This isn't like your some shop owner getting squeezed by the local crime family. This is a game and there's nothing in it that says they can't do this. It's a PvP Zone. It's BW's flawed system. It's the same thing people were doing when they were killing everyone trying to get to vendor in Outlaw's Den.

"Pay or die." That's the very definition of extorting.

What's the difference if it's a player or a mafioso who say this ?

Edited by Altheran

I don't think they have the right to extort people...

Then blow them the eff up. The Gree orb is better than a Smash AOE. Get one other person, that's really all you need, both of you grab orbs. Roll up on the extorters while orbed and take them down. If you kill them, props for a good fight and you can drop your orb. If they kill you, they will die from the explosions. Either way, you win.

If they come back, just rinse and repeat. You don't even have to be good at PvP to do this.

i know a PvP guild on our PvP server actually set a time to meet up to do this... again. the had a bounty on them for 4-5 mil...

but what others are saying is ture... they could easily be out numbered if people would organize an assault on them... but its all just red text on top of peoples heads... so the guild tag thing would get difficult to use as a decerner of whom to attack.

youre lucky they were only charging 100k lol

These guys aren't competing in order to complete the quest. can't really fight back - how many of yous got a dozen of friends to fight such group off ?

Are you in a guild? Have you seen people organize PvP back in old Ilum from simple Pubs? Sounds like you could do it again.

Extort? You have a chance at fighting back. This isn't like your some shop owner getting squeezed by the local crime family.

Yep, you have a chance at fighting back. A chance as high as a shop owner has if he runs towards the local crime family members having him at gunpoint with his fists raised.

It's BW's flawed system.

Sadly, this.