Is this working as intended? Guilds taking over the event PvP zone, demanding pay.

Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware added a FFA pvp zone, what did you expect?

Even if the guilds were just killing anyone who tried to capture the pylon without asking for credits, people would still complain and say it's against the TOS because they aren't 'enjoying' it.

You accept the possibility of being ganked by any and all groups when you enter the zone.

If it's that big of a deal, skip the quests or do them at a time when the guild isn't there.

Anyway. Nuff said. I have pointed out the pertinent portion of the TOS that is relevant to this issue.

You shown what you think it means, which is as useful as an injection for a wooden leg.

Open a ticket and see if EA/BW agrees with you, otherwise nothing has been proven.

Bioware added a FFA pvp zone, what did you expect?

Even if the guilds were just killing anyone who tried to capture the pylon without asking for credits, people would still complain and say it's against the TOS because they aren't 'enjoying' it.

You accept the possibility of being ganked by any and all groups when you enter the zone.

If it's that big of a deal, skip the quests or do them at a time when the guild isn't there.

Personally, I have no problem with any group gaining control of the area and killing everyone who comes close to it. If you object, form up and deal with it. The problem I have is the extortion part of this conversation. It's wrong, clearly against the ToS of the game and in all ways inappropriate to this game setting. If this were EVE, heck I'd be right there with them. This isn't EVE, and this type of behavior has no place in this game on ANY server.

Great. So, "give me your lunch money or I'll beat you up" is a viable PvP strategy now?

What is this, secondary school?

(And what's to stop people taking your credits and then pummelling you anyhow, just for the lulz? That's how these things ususally go, if I recall aright)

Where`s EA/BW`s response? Did you file that ticket yet?

Are you a maroon? (yes I spelled that correctly, i'm throwing humor into the mix) If you are so sure it's OK, please feel to file a ticket yourself and post YOUR response (oh btw, posting the responses of support tickets can result in forum warnings, infractions and bans).

Nuff said.

p.s. As this hasn't directly affected me other than via the forums, filing a ticket on it would be useless because their response would be, thank you for filing your ticket, please have the individuals this has happened to file a ticket with us (closed).

I know, because I've done it before on behalf of others and got that paraphrased response from Protocol Droid M0-01

Edited by Saitada

Personally, I have no problem with any group gaining control of the area and killing everyone who comes close to it. If you object, form up and deal with it. The problem I have is the extortion part of this conversation. It's wrong, clearly against the ToS of the game and in all ways inappropriate to this game setting. If this were EVE, heck I'd be right there with them. This isn't EVE, and this type of behavior has no place in this game on ANY server.

While extorting credits from people might not be the nicest thing ever, they wouldn't do it if people weren't paying them.

There's many ways to avoid paying them, people would rather just complain instead of doing something about it themselves.

While extorting credits from people might not be the nicest thing ever, they wouldn't do it if people weren't paying them.

There's many ways to avoid paying them, people would rather just complain instead of doing something about it themselves.

Myself, if it was something that directly involved me, I'd get a cpl guildies and nab orbs and get kaboomed, along with them. Do it naked. No repair costs. however the extortion part is whats grievous about it and as I read the ToS, against the rules.

Anyway. The wife wants to spend some time watching movies and eating pizza, and while I would love to continue sparring with people here, if Momma ain't happy, Daddy ain't happy, so i'mma go make her happy.

Happy Valentines Day to ya'll and I hope yours has been as enjoyable as mine has been so far today.

Edited by Saitada

Sure they will. They ban plenty of people for hacking, botting, and the like. The money from those people spends just the same as from those that don't.

No one has ever been or will be banned, it's all about revenue.

Edited by Sadishist

Myself, if it was something that directly involved me, I'd get a cpl guildies and nab orbs and get kaboomed, along with them. Do it naked. No repair costs. however the extortion part is whats grievous about it and as I read the ToS, against the rules.

Anyway. The wife wants to spend some time watching movies and eating pizza, and while I would love to continue sparring with people here, if Momma ain't happy, Daddy ain't happy, so i'mma go make her happy.

Happy Valentines Day to ya'll and I hope yours has been as enjoyable as mine has been so far today.

Happy Valentines Day :cool:

Happy Valentines Day to you as well.

3. Do something else.

Indeed. When so-called PvP guilds are camping the zone and preventing people from completing quests, and I am on instance shuttle lock-out and my PvE quests are done, I sign off the game and find something more fun to do. I'm pretty sure that's not the general direction EA wants this to go.

BTW, I'm never going to bribe a wanna-be PvP guild on a PvE server. For anything. Ever.

saame here...since a couple of bad experiences in the "PVE" are of the Gree event I have barely played the game. My Sub is up in March and for the first time I am thinking of putting that money somewhere else.

would the community communication officer pls give his or her response to this issue?? And they better do it fast! 12 pages and no response???

Personally i am not sure what to think of this. i can hardly believe this was the idea the devs had when they created it like this. But players will always think of stuff like this.

I honestly cannot believe the moaning in this thread (and others related to the event).

So you actually raised a ticket over this? Seriously?

You are not entitled to be able to complete the PvP portion of the event un-hindered. You are entering a FFA area which means you can be attacked by anyone - be it from the opposite faction or your own.

Don't like the idea of this? Then do NOT enter the PvP area.

So you want to go and do the rest of the event and not do the PvP element? Fine, do that. However do NOT first get yourself flagged and then wonder why you've been attacked whilst attempting to complete the PvE element. You're flagged - you could be on Ilum or any other planet where the factions meet - you are fair game.

If you do get flagged, don't carry on regardless and assume someone will see you doing PvE and leaving you alone. Go back to the camp, wait 10 minutes and you'll lose your flag.

As for the holding the pylon and "demanding" credits. Well you have a few options here.

First, get a group together and go show them who is boss and hold the pylon yourselves.

Secondly you can exit the FFA area and change instances. I'm seeing on average 3-4 of them and they cannot hold the pylon in all of them.

Thirdly you could go away and do something else?

They were holding a pylon and rather than instantly killing anyone who went near it instead they "demanded coinage". Pay up to complete the PvP missions you are not entitled to be able to do in a safe environment or don't complete it.....right then.

You'd prefer if they just continuously slaughtered you?

It amazes me from when this event was first announced and now it's live the non-PVP crown are hell-bent on going into the FFA area and then wonder why they get killed. Suddenly Care Bear land isn't so easy and without peril.

I do PvP and there have been some interesting fights in this area. If however I'm on my own and about to be ganked I either /stuck to get out asap or just wait for the death so I can respawn and get on with my day - I can promise they do get so much less enjoyment when you do nothing or simply "die" as soon as they hit you once.

Oh and as to the people in this thread who are "going to quit over this" are you expecting sympathy? Once again, you are entering a FFA AREA. Where ANYONE can kill you. Walk away from the area, don't get flagged and you cannot be killed by others. Simples.

They have every right to act like that. There's nothing in a FFA PvP Zone that says you're forced to attack anyone. Have you ever played a FFA in an RTS and hated how two people worked together to pick you off by attacking from opposite sides.
I have read few of your post and got impression that you grown up in sterile environment where you never got bullied by group of bigger, stronger and older kids having 'every right to act like that'. Oh rather... I got it. You probably were on 'right' side.

People who do crap like this deserve a treatment that involves the following:

Rope

Shot glass

Their mouths

Duct tape

Louisville Slugger

then:

Straightjacket

Beef gravy

3x3x3 room

Wolverine that's high on Angel Dust

Fade to Black...

They have every right to act like that. There's nothing in a FFA PvP Zone that says you're forced to attack anyone. Have you ever played a FFA in an RTS and hated how two people worked together to pick you off by attacking from opposite sides.

As for what I think... this is Bioware's fault. They designed it this way and someone else is gaming the system. This never should have been a PvP FFA area... terrible idea.

i kind of think you are one of them since you are defending such actions gank if you will but dont requist money for allowing them play the game