Awesome way to ruin an event

remohunta

I would think that, on PvE servers anyway, the PvP area of Ilum would be the area where you have the PvP mission objectives.... kinda simple when you think about it...

Just so we're clear - if you rolled on a PvP server, there is no PvE area on Ilum. If you're on a PvE server and you flag yourself, then you can't expect a non-PvP experience. If you're on PvE Ilum, you flag yourself, then you run into AOE of non-flagged toons for the purpose of griefing, then you're being a jerk. Roll on a PvP server with the big boys and girls if that's how you're going to behave...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you define a PVP area as somewhere that you can do something to cause yourself to get flagged, then you should consider every single area of the game that both factions can reside a PVP area.

ah...ok...you win the whole thread guy...feel better?

the Gree event...a new event with new gear and new quests is in an OPEN WORLD PVP area. This is causing many problems with the players that want to play the NEW EVENT but don't like world PVP.

oh...and the PVPers out there? they get 200 comms for completing the 2 PVP quests in the area...200. How much do you get for 15 minutes of warzone PvP?

this event is a pretty big failure for PVP and PVE.

I decided to pop back in to check it out.

My question is, did we know that it was going to be PvP same faction? If not, then most people here have the right to be upset. But if this was common knowledge beforehand, then in all honesty, those people should have seen it coming/read about it.

Not saying that people don't have the right to be upset (the second part) but if I knew this would be the way it is I would prepare myself mentally for it. Regardless of this, I decided this event wasn't for me.

So I remain MIA until the expansion.

"A new Event has been added to the Western Ice Shelf on Ilum. An ancient Gree starship called "Gray Secant" has transformed the battlefield into a crucible for research, with PvE and PvP missions available for the duration of the Event. Earning Reputation with the Gree Enclave will unlock permission to board Gray Secant itself, which includes access to a new Operation boss - Xenoanalyst II. The "Relics of the Gree" Event will last for two weeks and will return in the future"

so those quests without the PVP tag that you are still being PVPed to death in...they are PVE...swear.

Edited by tpryan

I play on a PVE server...are you telling me, that I won't be able to enjoy any of the content, because its all pvp stuff?

Why do they always give to the PVP crowd. So unfair. I don't want to spend hours trying to get a thing cause I get ganked over and over by idiots. I hate PVP. I play on a PVE server for a reason, so why do they keep forcing PVP sht on those that don't want it?

I'm disgusted. :mad:

well I guess if you AND your companion do not use ANY AOE...you might be able to complete them...but then if you group with someone who is flagged and they heal you...oh screw it...NO if you PVE you will not enjoy this event.

SNIP...

...NO if you PVE you will not enjoy this event.

False.

I do little PVP these days, if any and completed it just fine and skipped the entire PVP quests and area. (there are only 2)

Sure, I could get randomly flagged if I was AOE'ing but that is easy enough to avoid. Just like I did in other contested areas of the game.

It's an easy enough event for PVE players and even easier to avoid getting flagged for PVP if you do not want it.

Plus you get the added benefit of going PVP should you want it.

Edited by Quraswren

"A new Event has been added to the Western Ice Shelf on Ilum. An ancient Gree starship called "Gray Secant" has transformed the battlefield into a crucible for research, with PvE and PvP missions available for the duration of the Event. Earning Reputation with the Gree Enclave will unlock permission to board Gray Secant itself, which includes access to a new Operation boss - Xenoanalyst II. The "Relics of the Gree" Event will last for two weeks and will return in the future"

so those quests without the PVP tag that you are still being PVPed to death in...the are PVE...swear.

If you don't want to get killed in PVP then don't go into the contested area (hint: only the PVP tagged quests are in that area) and don't flag yourself for PVP.

What im thinking is this event just killed all the possiblity of a real open world pvp in the game . There is nothing pvp wise, i mean why should i even attack others , no valor gain like old ilum days, group vs group fight ? really ? its basically another pve update, which will make the rest of the pvp players leave the game . I play both pve and pvp, we are about to kill kephess nim with my guild, also i play lots of warzones, but lack of openworld pvp in this game just became annoying. The event was always a hope for the last few months for a better ilum . So looks like FPS nightmare has been fixed , but to what end ? PVE players shouldnt even comment about the event, cuz we kept getting pve events since the launch,. Without Valor gain, and same faction 4vs4 , this is just nothing but b***s***

False.

I do little PVP these days, if any and completed it just fine and skipped the entire PVP quests and area. (there are only 2)

Sure, I could get randomly flagged if I was AOE'ing but that is easy enough to avoid. Just like I did in other contested areas of the game.

It's an easy enough event for PVE players and even easier to avoid getting flagged for PVP if you do not want it.

Plus you get the added benefit of going PVP should you want it.

ways to get flagged during PVE questing during Gree event:

AOE from you or your comp into a flagged player (I did this to a stealthed opposite faction player and got jumped by her 4 friends) note flagged PLAYER...you can get flagged from your faction too.

healing (you or your companion) a flagged player.

having a teammate gt flagged can sometime trigger this too.

so can you PVE during the gree event...yes if careful and you limit your playstyle.

AOE from you or your comp into a flagged player (I did this to a stealthed opposite faction player and got jumped by her 4 friends) note flagged PLAYER...you can get flagged from your faction too.

so can you PVE during the gree event...yes if careful and you limit your playstyle.

This has nothing to do with the event, this could happen anywhere before the event and can still happen anywhere, not just Ilum.

However I haven't heard much about issues with flagging from AOE since shortly after launch. They put in a fix that you have to actually target a player and do a single target attack to actually get yourself flagged. If it's true that you can get flagged just be hitting an enemy with an AOE it sounds like a regression of an old bug to me.

well I guess if you AND your companion do not use ANY AOE...you might be able to complete them...but then if you group with someone who is flagged and they heal you...oh screw it...NO if you PVE you will not enjoy this event.

Wrong. Just wrapped up. Wow... it was great. Went in, took care of PvE business solo. The areas were clearly defined and everything was on the up and up. Imps who attacked my mobs or tried to heal my mobs did not flag me. AoE was not a problem.

So... to those who are reading this, try it. You be the judge. This PvP vs. PvE crap is nonsense. The event is catering to both sides very successfully.

As for the griefing inside the PvP area? Well, there is no such thing. You are flagged so be prepared. Went in as a group and had a blast running the PvP quests, and I'm not a PvP player nor do I own any PvP gear. One thing to note, peeps on my server waited their turn at the Pylons, there wasn't a huge free for all for the node, with a few rare exceptions.

AHHH, so you have to limit your play style....

Kind l like you do on ops or FP's when you don't want to break CC.

OR

When you are soloing with selective pulls and CC. Can't AOE blast everything then either.

OR

When you have limit your DPS at the start of a fight cause you need to give the tank a few secs to get build aggro

OR

When any given fight has you doing something that you might not normally do.

OR

any other instance in the game when you don't get to do exactly what you want and jsut blast everything in sight with no strategy at all.

Get off it. If you don't want to get PVP flagged it's a rather simple way to not do it. It's the same things you have been doing for the past number of months.

This is nothing new. If you don't want to get flagged, avoid flagged people and avoid AOE'ing (unless you think no one is around and take the risk - I know I did) and you will still be able to complete the entire event, get your rep and be on your way.

Edited by Quraswren

AHHH, so you have to limit your play style....

Get off it. If you don't want to get PVP flagged it's a rather simple way to not do it. It's the same things you have been doing for the past number of months.

This is nothing new. If you don't want to get flagged, avoid flagged people and avoid AOE'ing and you will still be able to complete the entire event, get your rep and be on your way.

Yup.

All clear! Call back the bombers.

PvE is alive and well on Illum if you choose to participate in the event. But... venture to far into contested lands and you will find the enemy.

I really had a great time this morning with this. And... I'm assuming they will be dropping in more features through out the week?

Edited by Rafaman

Yup.

All clear! Call back off the bombers.

PvE is alive and well on Illum if you choose to participate in the event. But... venture to far into contested lands and you will find the enemy.

I really had a great time this morning with this. And... I'm assuming they will be dropping in more features through out the week?

I hope more quests open the higher level rep you get but yea, our group had a good time as well.

I swear this game has the biggest bunch of crybabies of any MMO. No, actually, MMO fans are just usually that way because each person thinks the way they want the game is THE way to play the game.

So there is an open PvP area with what? Two quests in it? Who gives a bantha? Really?

We get a whole new event with a revamped area and all people do is whine and moan. Just quit already. Seriously. Just quit. And no, that isn't why we lost 2 million players. We lost 2 mill because EA relased the game too early. It wasn't from people like me asking people who are unhappy to quit.

Just quit already if you don't like the game.

Edited by Arkerus

Why do they always give to the PVP crowd. So unfair.

I really hope you're not being serious. We pvpers have gotten TWO warzones added since launch.

You PVEers have gotten WAY more updates/new content than we have.

If you dont like pvp / are really bad at pvp, great. But don't complain when a part of the game that you're personally not good at/interested in gets updated.

"Stop giving people more of what I dont like"

Edited by Ratham

I hope more quests open the higher level rep you get but yea, our group had a good time as well.

My thoughts exactly. If this runs like past events, we will get a little more content as the time goes by. A new objective added per day type of thing. And of course... we know at some point we need to get in that Gree ship. The vendor has a pass to allow you to do so after certain rep gains.

Edited by Rafaman

My thoughts exactly. If this run like past events, we will get a little more content as the time goes by. I a new objective added per day type of thing. And of course... we know at some point we need to get in that Gree ship. the vendor has a pass to allow you to do so after certain rep gains.

Right, he's the only operation type encounter in this event. It will be interesting indeed but everyone in the ops group will need the rep level to get in there so I know I need to get to farming.

I play on a PVE server...are you telling me, that I won't be able to enjoy any of the content, because its all pvp stuff?

Why do they always give to the PVP crowd. So unfair. I don't want to spend hours trying to get a thing cause I get ganked over and over by idiots. I hate PVP. I play on a PVE server for a reason, so why do they keep forcing PVP sht on those that don't want it?

I'm disgusted. :mad:

Get over it. Pvpers are forced to do pve related content if they want to participate in the reputation system. Same difference. If you don't like it then don't do it, there are other players that welcome pvp. If you just want to unlock access to the operation then I believe there are quests in the southern shelf that are not in a pvp flagged area.

Edited by Darth-Rammstein