Awesome way to ruin an event

remohunta

Same faction PVP combined with far increased repair bills is going to bring nothing but an extended **** storm until BW does something to correct it.

Hell, you want stupid? My friend and I were on Ilum in the PVP area and we sat in the center across from like 20 other Imps and at least 30 Republics and nobody attacked anybody else. There simply was no PVP. It's just too expensive and too time consuming, everyone just wanted to complete their quests and leave.

This didn't solve anything for open world PVP BW, it just made things worse.

Edited by Elfa

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This FFA PVP area is garbage.

The griefing going on by guilds is astounding. Hours to do a daily is ridiculous.

Never occurred to you to:

a) switch instance

b) get a group of 4 yourself

c) come back an hour later maybe they aren't there

d) maybe there's a day you can't actually do it? For shame!

Seriously, the only thing that's astounding in this post above, is the tears.

Consider these organic additions as a CHALLENGE. Stop complaining, do better.

So many complainers, complaining about anything new Bioware does. This is Ilum, put on your big boy pants, arm yourself, and kill some enemies.

Edited by islander

Eh..i myself don't mind the FFA ( I soloed the pvp quests after my group gave up...only didn't get the bonus boss,ancient gree something) but I can agree with they could have done it a little better. As I suggested earlier , maybe they could've had a different type pvp quest there and not a quest type area. I mean like go there and pvp to gain points to turn in at drop box, instead of putting an objective for people who like to pve.

lets check out what they done so far, two new warzones for pvp, closed illlium quests, and opened a pvp event for two weeks. pve have gotten new raids, repetation system (no effect for pvpers), section x, new companion,

PVE have gotton far more than pvpers hav ever gotton, two warzones is hardly a massive jump in a year. so really u think u pve players been that hard done to compared to pvpers? and theres far more people that actually do some pvp than there is that dont ever touch any pvp. dont recall last time i saw a level 50 on my pve server that had 0 valar.

I PvP once in awhile, tried out the new (read revamped) PvP area for the event and didn't hate it. Once in awhile I'll queue up with guildies for WZ's and every so often even pug it. The one gripe with the PvPers, and where I was thinking he was mostly going with that point, wasn't the actual content but things like the screaming of PvPers about class balance and when Devs acquiesce to the relentless cries for balance they almost inevitetably torque the mechanics of PvE play greatly affecting the play styles of those who don't PvP at all or at least very little.

As much as I don't like how they made the pvp side of this event, it's the only way they could have really done it and kept it "fair."

Small groups of 4 prevents the larger guilds from dominating the area, preventing smaller opposite faction guilds from accomplishing those objectives.

I suspect they'd have to re-code part of the game to keep the max 4 person group size AND keep the pvp only between factions.

I just want to get enough rep to get the legacy weapons.. Specifically the saber.. Once I get it, I will most likely be done with the event and this part of ilum.. PVP still sucks over there.. This FFA stuff is for the birds.. They also need to shorten the cool down on the thing in the middle..

TOFN Server: 5 times I was in a que with 4/5 other groups waiting in turn only for my turn to come and get ganked. This happend 5 times so had to go and get more orbs and repeat, after the 5th gank I gave up, this to me is complete and utter dog turd this is not fun! 4 v 96 is BS bring back the zerg 30rep v 70imps anyday.

Gotta say, I'm enjoying the heck out of this event. Sure, generally my group cooperated with Imperials, but we still killed Republic troops on sight.

One of the best events ever :D nice to see Ilum revived . I love PVP and FFA zones let the gang fest continue...

Don't complain just play the game , its a great game and by complaining you are just ruining it :D

One of the best events ever :D nice to see Ilum revived . I love PVP and FFA zones let the gang fest continue...

Don't complain just play the game , its a great game and by complaining you are just ruining it :D

Better yet for those that don't want to PVP it easily avoidable and you can still weekly cap the rep for the next 2 weeks and never flag PVP.

If you want to cap quicker you can do all the missions, PVE and PVP but it's not a requirement thats for sure. Just being able to avoid PVP entirely should you want to is nice in comparrison to something like the HK event (which we know the majority wanted) and had a rather forced PVP aspect to it.

This event is so much better. Do what you like: PVE or PVP or both. Players choose.

Edited by Quraswren

Im sure this has been said but ill say it again.

without this mechanic, Imps would roll repubs on every server because of numbers. this is a great idea from BW and i thank them for it. without it, I and a majority of the repubs (especially the ones whining here) would not be able to participate in this event.

BW came up with the best solution possible for this situation and even though i am normally very critical about most of the things they have done with this game, i applaud them seeing the potential problems with wPvP events and coming up with a compromise that benefits the community as a whole.

Edited by ForsakenKing

without this mechanic, Imps would roll repubs on every server because of numbers. this is a great idea from BW and i thank them for it. without it, I and a majority of the repubs (especially the ones whining here) would not be able to participate in this event.

BW came up with the best solution possible for this situation and even though i am normally very critical about most of the things they have done with this game, i applaud them seeing the potential problems with wPvP events and coming up with a compromise that benefits the community as a whole.

Good review.

I agree 100%.

Not necessarily true, on my server the Pubs seemingly outnumber, or at leas in terms of PvPers, the Imps.

I said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again. In fact, I'll say it until I"m blue in the face. The problem here is not BioWare. It's everyone that flocked to the Empire and borked the faction balance.

If it wasn't FFA, then all you would have is imps camping pubs all day and night, and pubs wouldn't be able to participate in the event. This happened before. Did you guys REALLY forget what happened on Illum the first time?

I'll give you a hint: it was imps camping pubs all day and night. I applaud BW for coming up with this compromise. If you don't like it, then you should've rolled Republic.

That's pretty lame. Why would you disrupt your own faction? What happens when you are are both half-dead from fighting and the opposing faction shows up?

That's just stupid.

Agreed and the people doing this are almost always angry teen males that enjoy ganking other players, they don't care about a challenge, they just enjoy beating other players up, saw it in the Rakghoul events with lv 50's in full pvp gear hoping on their lv 3 speeders and running down level 20-30's doing the quests on Tat.

I said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again. In fact, I'll say it until I"m blue in the face. The problem here is not BioWare. It's everyone that flocked to the Empire and borked the faction balance.

If it wasn't FFA, then all you would have is imps camping pubs all day and night, and pubs wouldn't be able to participate in the event. This happened before. Did you guys REALLY forget what happened on Illum the first time?

I'll give you a hint: it was imps camping pubs all day and night. I applaud BW for coming up with this compromise. If you don't like it, then you should've rolled Republic.

And I'll say it again, even as it is posted right above yours. Not necessarily true. On my server Pubs seem to outnumber the Imps.

I said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again. In fact, I'll say it until I"m blue in the face. The problem here is not BioWare. It's everyone that flocked to the Empire and borked the faction balance.*clipeed*.

It actually is partially BioWare's they made so many of the combat moves and certainly 99.9% of the armor look cooler on the Imp side. To the point they even put a joke in the game with a line they gave Kira (Knight companion) "Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy joined the Empire!" It's pretty sad when you know you've blatantly made one side look MUCH "cooler" than the other to the point you even put a wisecrack about it in the game. Skill wise both sides are now pretty balanced and I have toons on both factions, but no denying for the most part, playing an Imp is a much more visually satisfying experience, the consular gear all looks like some kind of horrific renn fair rejected designs.

And I'll say it again, even as it is posted right above yours. Not necessarily true. On my server Pubs seem to outnumber the Imps.

Your server may be the exception to the rule. But in general, there are more imps than pubs. And like I said, BW was embarrassed about what happened on Illum shortly after launch, when republic players were not only locked out of the event because imps overwhelmed them, but they couldn't even freaking rez!

Again, you guys all rolled Empire now you have to deal with it.

It actually is partially BioWare's they made so many of the combat moves and certainly 99.9% of the armor look cooler on the Imp side. To the point they even put a joke in the game with a line they gave Kira (Knight companion) "Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy joined the Empire!" It's pretty sad when you know you've blatantly made one side look MUCH "cooler" than the other to the point you even put a wisecrack about it in the game. Skill wise both sides are now pretty balanced and I have toons on both factions, but no denying for the most part, playing an Imp is a much more visually satisfying experience, the consular gear all looks like some kind of horrific renn fair rejected designs.

This I agree with. There were so many of us that constantly warned BioWare pre-launch that they were showing WAY TOO MUCH Sith love, and all of us said that when the game launched, empire would have overwhelming numbers.

We were by and large ignored. BioWare kept pointing to silly, non-scientific polls on the forums that showed a roughly even split in the factions, and the community kept saying all the kids will roll Republic because of the movies, and all the mature players would roll Empire. Because, ya know, that's what happened in WoW. (Which was false by the way, once blood elves were added.)

But it is what it is. At the end of the day, you can't force people to play one faction over the other. And nearly every solution proposed by people concerned about faction balance were vehemently shot down by the players. So, what can BioWare do?

Simple: either remove PvP altogether, or make open world FFA and the WZs same faction. They've gone with the latter.

Again, you reap what you sew.

Factions are unbalanced. The only way they could do this is by putting artificial doors on (Imperials) to do these quests - which would come with its own serenade of whining.

^ This right here. After the epic fail that was original Ilum, let's let this system play out for a couple weeks and see if it's more fun.