Awesome way to ruin an event

remohunta

Yep, BW once again, is doing things half ***. You add a cool reputation system that SHOULD have a different set of armor for each rep level. But you kill it by not having any sets of armor (that actually looks different) from one another AND by putting a cap on it. Quit implementing half *** updates BW. And then there's the open factionless pvp. That's the one of the dumbest things I've seen. But I think I know why they did it that way: because of all of the whiners that faction pvp is unbalanced population wise so some retard at BW decided to say, "Hey, lets just make everyone pvp flagged and that'll solve our problem!" I miss the old DEVS who seemed to care more about the game. Where'd they go? : /

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually is partially BioWare's they made so many of the combat moves and certainly 99.9% of the armor look cooler on the Imp side. To the point they even put a joke in the game with a line they gave Kira (Knight companion) "Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy joined the Empire!" It's pretty sad when you know you've blatantly made one side look MUCH "cooler" than the other to the point you even put a wisecrack about it in the game. Skill wise both sides are now pretty balanced and I have toons on both factions, but no denying for the most part, playing an Imp is a much more visually satisfying experience, the consular gear all looks like some kind of horrific renn fair rejected designs.

It also doesn't help that the Empire stories are much better.

Your server may be the exception to the rule. But in general, there are more imps than pubs. And like I said, BW was embarrassed about what happened on Illum shortly after launch, when republic players were not only locked out of the event because imps overwhelmed them, but they couldn't even freaking rez!

Again, you guys all rolled Empire now you have to deal with it.

Again you are using broad brush assumptions. I know I have toons on both sides, I know guild mates of mine have toons on both sides.I have no reason to not believe that is the case for a lot of people. I won't argue that at launch a lot of people rolled Imp, but in the last year plus.now I find it hard to believe that it hasn't equalized it self as people finish story arcs and move over and as new people come to the game an roll Pubs.

From a story lore standpoint, imp vs imp or rep vs rep makes no sense. Especially rep vs rep.

Light-sided Imps, Dark-side Jedi. The FFA aspect actually makes better sense than the mechanic that keeps you in the Imperial closet even when LS V. Plus most people have characters in both factions. Plus in those factions, is there not a guild you don't admire too much? or a string of names on your ignore list? Now you don't have to wait to catch them on your alts in a WZ, you can let them know exactly how you feel through PvP. It's great!

FYI Ilum failed cuz of the fps at the beginning, not because of faction imbalance. Reps were outnumbered yet they kept coming there cuz of the valor reward and pvp quests. Now it seems the fps problem is gone, but BW chose a way which makes absolutely no sense. At least we should gain some valor for killing a player or something , this game's real problem is not pve, its pvp, are you really that blind to see it ? As for the pve players, DONT PLAY THE PVP EVENT YOU ******* I m gonna stop being a fanboy, and start whining about everything now , \o/

And I'll say it again, even as it is posted right above yours. Not necessarily true. On my server Pubs seem to outnumber the Imps.

Since you really think it makes a difference, let me change up my message

without this mechanic, Repubs would roll Imps on your server because of numbers. this is a great idea from BW and i thank them for it. without it, I and a majority of the imperials (especially the ones whining here) would not be able to participate in this event.

oh look, there is no really substantial difference.

Again you are using broad brush assumptions. I know I have toons on both sides, I know guild mates of mine have toons on both sides.I have no reason to not believe that is the case for a lot of people. I won't argue that at launch a lot of people rolled Imp, but in the last year plus.now I find it hard to believe that it hasn't equalized it self as people finish story arcs and move over and as new people come to the game an roll Pubs.

and to this...

so your broad brush assumption is that people spend equal amounts of time on both sides. sure, i have a 50s on both sides. However, I spend >90% of my week playing on the repub side. Guess what, I have mates who have 50s on both sides and they also spend >90% of there time on the repub side. So since you think everyone is coming out with broad brush assumptions, here is mine: a large majority of people who play this game spend almost all of their time on a single faction.

Ps, if you want to play lore wise, go to a RP server or better still, read a book.

Edited by ForsakenKing

THIS is a perfect example of why this game never gets a fair chance, seriously people... this is called open world PvP... welcome to MMO's. don't complain that they don't have it, then complain when it finally comes, honestly, the decision is not yours to make ultimately, its the developers, and they did what the people asked for.

Someone pay this man. He nailed it.

When considering PVP, choosing a faction is next to meaningless. You fight your own faction in WZ's half the time, certain open world locations you fight your own faction and then hey most people have a toon on both factions anyway...

Exactly. Imp v Pub was over after 1.2; same faction WZs, all faction GTN, and Legacy just to name a few things. OPvP fights are now more about small grouping, Guilds and alliances, which I think is a good thing.

I didn't get that at all. But maybe the name 'Ilum' should have made me suspicious.

You think?

So why exactly do I now have to put up with idiots jumping my group in a non-PvP area on Ilum, by stealthing between us and a kill we need, getting the click, and flagging the clicker? Yeah its a mistake to click, but the point is I am not in a PvP server nor a PvP area, and should have to choose to PvP, otherwise I should be immune.

Did you report this as a bug? Because that is what it is.

Faction pvp is fine..at least you have a common enemy..same faction ffa is not, you can bet people are writing names down, making this game go further down the non-playable form.People holding grudges and all.

Are you kidding? Especially for Sith/Imperials, same faction fighting is par for the course. There hasn't been enough of it in this game.

And you are absolutely right. People have been holding grudges and all for quite a long time now. There are same faction guilds and players that talk a lot of trash in WZs but refuse to duel or fight in OD. They even dodge Rateds. They got their comeuppance last night when they stepped foot in the FFA area. Oh, how they cried. It was awesome!

It doesn't matter what side has more. By creating a small group FFA zone BW effectively diffused the situation by making every small group their own fighting force. This helps destroy the usual companionship each faction would try to use to control the points.

And it's working.

Edited by Arkerus

Just got done doing the new Gree quests on Ilum and I had no issue with anyone attacking me.

Spent over two hours out there helping people/guildies.

Everyone seemed to be operating on a 'live and let live' philosophy.

I didn't attack anyone and no one attacked me.

I do feel badly for those playing on servers where you get attacked by your own faction, that's crappy.

I certainly don't trust anyone on my server to have a live and let live philosophy. I don't even group anymore the community is so bad. If I can't do a mission solo then I don't need to do it. I do, however, like this game enough to play all eight storylines and then I will be throwing this game into the dustbin. Five to go. But I did try out the PVE side of this event. The armor looked kinda cool, but I can't help thinking that until the event is over the lower areas that my current character is at may have an easier time with less of a population. If that is true then I love this event. :D

Since you really think it makes a difference, let me change up my message

oh look, there is no really substantial difference.

and to this...

so your broad brush assumption is that people spend equal amounts of time on both sides. sure, i have a 50s on both sides. However, I spend >90% of my week playing on the repub side. Guess what, I have mates who have 50s on both sides and they also spend >90% of there time on the repub side. So since you think everyone is coming out with broad brush assumptions, here is mine: a large majority of people who play this game spend almost all of their time on a single faction.

Ps, if you want to play lore wise, go to a RP server or better still, read a book.

Who said ANYTHING about RPing? Now you are just pulling **** out of your *** because your argument was called to task and you have no real defense for it. As to the larger point, just because one side plays better, beats you more often, or what other issue you may have doesn't mean most people roll the other side especially when you are talking in a limited scope when you are talking about what you see in PvP.

the lesson is:

1: don't go to a pvp event if you don't want to get ganked

2: reroll a toon on the strongest side, currently imperial faction if you want to avoid being ganked by sins and ops for no apparent reason.

3: Re roll a stealth toon, grind the gear and augment it and repay the favor next time an op does that to you. Smart gankers don't gank someone who has the ability to gank them in return. And will think twice about griefing you, which is what it's really about. They had a bad day, makes them feel better to destroy someone regardless if it makes them mad/rage quit, in fact if it makes the gankee mad it makes the ganker happier.

Take away their power but not allowing yourself to be a victim and they will leave. Plain and simple.

I guess I will never have those legacy lighsabers :(

Why not?

Do you not PVE and or PVP?

You can choose which one to do (or both if you like) and eventually get what you want. You are not forced into one particular path and since the event is reoccurring you can eventually get whatever gear you want.

As for me I want the light-saber hilt as well and just doing PVE stuff I'll eventually get it.

It doesn't matter what side has more. By creating a small group FFA zone BW effectively diffused the situation by making every small group their own fighting force. This helps destroy the usual companionship each faction would try to use to control the points.

And it's working.

I never argued for or against the OWPvP. My area of contention was with their contention that there is this rampant imbalance skewed towards the Imps across the board. Was simply pointing out that that wasn't necessarily the case.

will not respond to the gankers who seem to be non stop dominating the responses about the fail of this event, so here is what it all come down to.

In order to get the legacy weapons and gear we are FORCED to go to illum and deal with gank fest, it is NOT only the two center missions. Attempting to do the world bosses EVERY time you would be pvp flagged and have your raid attacked.

NO ONE ASKED FOR A PVP EVENT. we asked for legacy weapons, they responded by making them cost more then you can make in the time of the event. Also they made people more angry by forcing us to deal with a prison court yard mentality on illum.

This is not fun for anyone other then the people who are attempting to prevent us from getting the events done. Great job this is now the worst event in the history of mmos award winner

will not respond to the gankers who seem to be non stop dominating the responses about the fail of this event, so here is what it all come down to.

In order to get the legacy weapons and gear we are FORCED to go to illum and deal with gank fest, it is NOT only the two center missions. Attempting to do the world bosses EVERY time you would be pvp flagged and have your raid attacked.

NO ONE ASKED FOR A PVP EVENT. we asked for legacy weapons, they responded by making them cost more then you can make in the time of the event. Also they made people more angry by forcing us to deal with a prison court yard mentality on illum.

This is not fun for anyone other then the people who are attempting to prevent us from getting the events done. Great job this is now the worst event in the history of mmos award winner

I like PvP events and I would never complain about an event that is PvE focused.

This event is fun for me and I'm not a ganker. I just blew up your theory.

Edited by Arkerus

I certainly don't trust anyone on my server to have a live and let live philosophy. I don't even group anymore the community is so bad. If I can't do a mission solo then I don't need to do it. I do, however, like this game enough to play all eight storylines and then I will be throwing this game into the dustbin. Five to go. But I did try out the PVE side of this event. The armor looked kinda cool, but I can't help thinking that until the event is over the lower areas that my current character is at may have an easier time with less of a population. If that is true then I love this event. :D

You seem to be looking for a multiplayer RPG game.

I'd (almost) be fine with the gankfest if it were confined to the pvp area. But clearly they didn't really test this well, since you can attack players from your own faction completely unintentionally (happened to me earlier), when you are outside of the pvp area and not even flagged for pvp.

(I got flagged for pvp by hitting a flagged player from the same faction, whom I was helping out - I hit him unintentionally, since I had 'auto-attack next target' on, silly me - I clearly didn't mean to attack him. At the time we weren't anywhere near the pvp free for all area in the middle. Brilliant design, Bioware, what can I say... :confused:)

I suppose I can turn auto-attack off, as well as all aoe abilities and see if that stops it from happening again.. but even so, this is just very badly designed. Again, I don't mind the pvp, not even the free for all aspect of it (even if it doesn't make much sense lore wise) - it is what it is - but the event is poorly designed if it's forcing you to attack your own faction even when that isn't the intention of the player. That is just plain idiotic.

People want Imps VS Repubs, not same faction world pvp. I get enough of that in the BG's. We want the galactic war, not a civil war.

Stop using "we" please. I do not share your views nor would i want to.

People do not want imps Vs Repubs. YOU want that. Make sure you are speaking only for yourself.

You went to illum, a PVP planet and found PVP content instead of just PVE content. This is bad?

Wow, just wow.