For the imperials on the Red Eclipse

gniok

Please someone tell me why the imperial teams on the Red Eclipse server are not fighting at all and standing all together to a nod doing nothing? I quitted playing wz's a couple of months now due to this behavior.

if your referring to civil war / novercoast i see what you mean but 99% of the teams that quit trying normally about half way through when its more or less certain to them we going to lose but ive never seen them all give up from start. U sure this is red eclipse? i pvp none stop everytime im online and dont run into this problem that often.

Voidstar, hypergate, huttball i have never seen a whole team stop fighting.

for record i NEVER give up during a match.

i too am on red eclipse and on empire side.

I play on the Red Eclipse in the L50 bracket. In my experience people often give up a few mins before the inevitable end. They just gather at a node, sit down and wait. E.g., in the turret defense game (civil war I think) at a standing of, say, 300/100 most people will not fight anymore.

Which is strange. In my opinion one should fight to the bitter end. Even when everything is lost one should not give up.

I don't see this happening in Voidstar or Hutt Ball but it does happen in the coastal defense game and in civil war. Happens sometimes in Hypergates.

I guess the level design of Voidstar and Hutt Ball doesn't leave much chance for one to just sit down and wait. Since there are no walls between you and the enemy you'll get attacked if you do nothing. In civil war and novarre there's a chance the enemy will not come to you since there's a notion that you are far or separated by walls.

Edited by Kyanzes

I play on the Red Eclipse in the L50 bracket. In my experience people often give up a few mins before the inevitable end. They just gather at a node, sit down and wait. E.g., in the turret defense game (civil war I think) at a standing of, say, 300/100 most people will not fight anymore.

Which is strange. In my opinion one should fight to the bitter end. Even when everything is lost one should not give up.

Sitting at the turret is effing boring, I never understand why people don't want to give it a last go.

I'm ashamed to say that once or twice I actually went to mid and asked the Imperials in /say to attack our team at west so I could have some fun fighting.

Sitting at the turret is effing boring, I never understand why people don't want to give it a last go.

I'm ashamed to say that once or twice I actually went to mid and asked the Imperials in /say to attack our team at west so I could have some fun fighting.

:rolleyes: Haha, that's funny, i usually ask my team to kick opponent's bollocks so they would be so scared to come mid again and instead they would come to me :) But i like your style more! :D

You are trying to generalize from your own small sample of warzones games payed.

Post 50 is ridiculous when I play solo we lose a lot ppl leave the sec the enemy capped 2 nodes or scored 1st goal yet I finish 1st above the enemy team as top dmg and medals. really sad when all my friends are off. Pre 50 PvP on this server imps own it yet at 50 every game we get minimum 2 recruits and a pve geared here and there always running into republic premades.

I never understood this mentality of laying down and taking a loss. When it does happen, it's always my que to leave the WZ. I would prefer no coms/credits than standing around our node taking a loss laying down like that. How does the expression go? Winners never quit, quitters never win? Something like that.

This scene pretty much reminds me of this mentality.

To be fair I haven't logged into this server in a couple months either (much like the OP) but this was common practice in 50 pvp.

The game is lost, fighting won't make a difference.

They're farming def. comms. It's most common in Alderaan CW and makes sense in a way. Gain comms and get on to the next WZ quicker or die more? I usually don't do this until were down to 50 pts and the whole team already has. I'd rather die in a glorious hail of lulz, more fun than standing around. Edited by Joesixxpack

The game is lost, fighting won't make a difference.

Personally, I don't quite agree with that attitude.

Yes, the match is over, but you can still earn real life experience (not exp in game) :D I saw someone still typing orders/strategies to our team when it was something like 30 / 240 and he earned my MVP vote that match. Never give up I say, if the match can't be won you can still try to see if you can steal a node and get better. Besides... it's funner to continue the match for fun (strange concept, I know :p) than it is to sit at the node and type /dance

Fact: If you compete against someone in any sport/activity/game who is less skilled than you, you will never improve. If you compete against someone who is better than you, you will improve.

Personally, I don't quite agree with that attitude.

Yes, the match is over, but you can still earn real life experience (not exp in game) :D I saw someone still typing orders/strategies to our team when it was something like 30 / 240 and he earned my MVP vote that match. Never give up I say, if the match can't be won you can still try to see if you can steal a node and get better. Besides... it's funner to continue the match for fun (strange concept, I know :p) than it is to sit at the node and type /dance

Fact: If you compete against someone in any sport/activity/game who is less skilled than you, you will never improve. If you compete against someone who is better than you, you will improve.

have to disagree here... tell me what is the fun factor in the game when you are as good as dead once you drop off the speeder? Letting the enemy farm more medals? No thanks. Once the match is clearly lost I'll rather sit back on our node and try to get the most out of the remaining time.

have to disagree here... tell me what is the fun factor in the game when you are as good as dead once you drop off the speeder? Letting the enemy farm more medals? No thanks. Once the match is clearly lost I'll rather sit back on our node and try to get the most out of the remaining time.

You can do what you want, not going to tell you what to do with your sub. Just saying if everyone didn't have the 'I give up' mentality, WZs would be a bit funner.

Last night I played huttball and we were up 4 - 0 in the first 3 minutes of the match. By the time the match ended it was 4 - 3. They didn't win, but I could only imagine the fun they must have had coming so close to a comeback.

The reason you die right off the speeder is likely because everyone on your team has given up at that point (like you) circular pessimism

There is no give up mentality, if the game is already lost. In fact a "surrender" button to exit earlier would be nice for some warzones, more specifically civil war where there is a point of no return, so we can move on into the next one. Regarding carrying for "educational reasons" even if the game is lost as you say , well there are very very few of them worth carrying on fighting.

There is no give up mentality, if the game is already lost. In fact a "surrender" button to exit earlier would be nice for some warzones, more specifically civil war where there is a point of no return, so we can move on into the next one. Regarding carrying for "educational reasons" even if the game is lost as you say , well there are very very few of them worth carrying on fighting.

Agreed, a surrender button would be nice. 4-0 Huttball, 500-200 Alderaan, etc. are just a complete waste of time after the point of no return. I'd prefer a new match instead of waiting patiently to be farmed by the smashers.