Devs/Mods: Make a Choice

L-RANDLE

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

Please change resolve, or at least re-examine it...

I agree with you, but do you remember what happened when Bioware revamped resolve the last time?

They did the exact opposite of what the community asked for. They will do the same next time around.

• 1 month later...

With the craziness that is the cc reset on death, I wanted to bump this... Resolve has been catering to bads awhile the cc break change is more of the same. Resolve is screwed up... Fix that and we could live with cc break being what it is now...

Again this proposed change is typical BW fashion. Instead of using a scalpel, you go right for the butcher knife.. Smh

Edited by L-RANDLE

I agree with you, but do you remember what happened when Bioware revamped resolve the last time?

They did the exact opposite of what the community asked for. They will do the same next time around.

Damn TT, you were right... Glass very empty kinda guy knows his stuff...

I think Jaboo needs a refill....

OP

first off, props to your clear , detailed and well though out and written post.

BUT

if CCs are this powerfull, and factoring even the frequent, mana and GCd free interrupts, how come healers still fall so slowly.

In team VS team it is very frequent a healer is impossible to kill before he goes into full resolve and it is common 2 to 3 players have to burn all their CC before they can finish one,

In huttball when the ball carrier goes full resolve it is basically a guaranteed goal.

Maps are small, full resolve is an very strong edge the player receives, it cannot last toolong, it cannot happen to soon/often.

Besides hat stunlock are you speaking about, no class can stunlock 1 vs 1in that game as of 2.0, and if you play 1 vs 2 you die anyway, stunclocking a solo target 2 vs 1 before he can apply his antispikes, kolto 35% health and apply 15% damage mitigation is the only way to actually burst people and cap before reinforcment makes turns a surprise attack into a fiasco ( read heal fest ).

It is working as intended, operative and assassins are duel class (when spec towards it )

Their role in Warzone is :

to finish retreating wounded,

to peel off stragglers around the enemy's team core to weaken it,

to shut down reinforcement line

to capture, poorly defended nodes.

They need to burn down people fast on the spot before them or anyone else can react.

They basically suck at everything else, and spend a lot of time running around the battelfield or stealthing to catch such opportunities.

That feels pretty much balanced to me, you respawn you rush back to the fight, you end up running into the stealthers trap, a piano fall on your head, 10 seconds later you are dead, and now you need to rethink the way you ll join the fight or pick another route.

Your team left you guarding a node, you are a healer/nuker you get owned 1v1 very fast, well your team will leave a tanky assassin next time to guard the node or at the very least a duellist class or a tank that cannot be soloed of paired on and hammered in less than 10 secs.

Operatives don't have 2 stuns, they have one, they have a mez, and a short kd if they are specced toward ganking people, there is no way to stunlock anyone with that,

the first kd you can take,

the stun you can pop out and instantly mez them/ throw your antispike and then throw you second stun once they break out of the first :-)

Should there be the third is only a mez, or they need to pop their vanish to reaply the KD, and then you are full resolve,

and you too have stuns, mez snares.

are you going to win the duel after such an opening, probably not, but you shouldn't be dead unless you have minimum endurance.

Which would mean you are geared toward doing your specialty at its finest, in a group vs group environment, so in the end it is you who chose to be a glass cannon, it is you who chose to be crap in 1 vs 1, chances are you perform outstandingly in a group.

Games are dull with no CCs and as soon as you introduce one, people start whining that they don't have enough compared to this or that class, and then people complain otherq also have too many, that bthey last too long, then dev introduce diminishing return and people still complain it is not enough while others complain diminishing returns beat the whole purpose of the CCs in the first place.

CC are important, so is dps, so is lasting power, so is healing,I feel it pretty well balanced ATM and to be honest there is no game with such a great and beautifully simple and readable mechanic such as 'the resolve gauge' and the "cc breaking ability", WoW had an inferior mechanic, WaR had an inferior mechanic, EvE, DAOC and Lineage II have/had no mechanic at all. Other games I played are not even worth mentioning given the poor PvP experience they could deliver.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

TL;DR

Please change resolve, or at least re-examine it...

PS: Please sign or bump, if you think this needs to happen ASAP... Part of the "vortex of horsecap" is the fact that people rather argue over what's OP'd, than keeping a thread like this one going. Thanks in advance....

Awesome post!

Lets remove all the abilities but one hit auto attack and call it PvP!

People will run arround spamming autoattack and nothing more!

What a fun game that will be!

Awesome post!

Lets remove all the abilities but one hit auto attack and call it PvP!

People will run arround spamming autoattack and nothing more!

What a fun game that will be!

Or how about you give me all the abilities everyone has?:rolleyes:

It goes both ways, but in the end you are being sarcastic, when we are at the other end of the spectrum. I am a bit disappointed you didn't add anything worth discussing....

Pvp would suck without cc

For instance a sage healer gets opened on by a op

And I throw my cryo grenade on him sure I could of used it on one of the 2maras focusing me

But I made a choice to help a team mate which in turn helped me survive the 2maras

If there was no cc we both would of been dead 2vs3

Cc has its place... lets just stick with fixing bolster as this is the main flaw in 55pvp and bioware

Making obroan irrelevant and easy to-get through comms conversion was a terrible decision

For the game long term.

Guys listen..

Where did I ever state CC needed to be eliminated? I don't understand how you could read that in my OP. What is fun about getting chain stunned or being rooted in a firepit@ full resolve? Why do players need to disable other players in order to have "fun"?

Tweaks, tweaks... Nothing more...

Guys listen..

Where did I ever state CC needed to be eliminated? I don't understand how you could read that in my OP. What is fun about getting chain stunned or being rooted in a firepit@ full resolve? Why do players need to disable other players in order to have "fun"?

It is more of a perception© issue..

When you are bringing a pure DPS class to WZ that can hit hard and have good defences - it is understandable that all you want is to hit-hit-hit all around and do not have any hindrances that will prevent you to hit all around.

And now lets take the class that do not have any real protection... what is your options against that hardhitter? You will just stand there and miserably eat all the damage until you die?

What if the only option for you to win a duel is to stun the opponent in the FirePit?

I'll sign this, something needs to be done about all of the derp CC.

They could fix everything though by cutting mez attacks to four seconds for players (longer for mobs, who Cares about them) or fixing the resolve decay.

If you're in a warzone with juggs, you get scream mezzed every couple of seconds. It's ridiculous, and the resolve immunity is barely noticeable.

Guys listen..

I think an alternative solution would be to change ALL stuns/mezs to interupts only. But then again, they cannot think outside the box to figure out how to incorporate that in the 'stand-in-one-place-and-hack-away' PVE'ers genre.

It is more of a perception© issue..

When you are bringing a pure DPS class to WZ that can hit hard and have good defences - it is understandable that all you want is to hit-hit-hit all around and do not have any hindrances that will prevent you to hit all around.

And now lets take the class that do not have any real protection... what is your options against that hardhitter? You will just stand there and miserably eat all the damage until you die?

What if the only option for you to win a duel is to stun the opponent in the FirePit?

If a class is built around having significant CC, then they should also be penalized from the output perspective. We all know that isn't true. If you want better class balance and put meaning on the class you choose, something needs to be done...

This is why I say there are a ton of problems by giving everyone all these CC tools.

The entire purpose of CC in the scheme if PvP is to counter healing, yet healers have some of the widest arrays of CC in the game.

Operatives are a stealth class with a hard stun. What? Stealth suppose to counter turrets, tell me why you would want to stun or root a turret class, when their class dictates that they have to stay rooted in order to do anything?

Knights/Warriors got a gap closer, but a root attached? Wow.....

These are just a few examples of the cluster frak of CC in this game. Of almost makes choosing a class irrelevant as everyone, more or less has the same stuff. I don't say "get rid of it" I say trim down the impact...

No.. it should have a CD just like CC does..... If resolve was adjusted we wouldn't need to have a reset..

This Dev team is incapable of raising the guild cap of 500 members. They're incapable of increasing the quest log cap. They're incapable of reducing the cooldown on attacks. They're incapable of reducing action costs to address action issues. They can't even add the ability to send mail to an entire guild....

I don't believe they have people there capable of lowering the cooldown or adjusting Resolve values. From all of their latest comments about how everything asked was "too challenging", I have zero faith in this group of developers to do anything.

Good post but Biowares only answer appears to be 'increase damage of X' therefore leaving the door open for endless slagging matches because class A is now OP. I am still wondering why Bioware have this obsession in how fast players die - because that's the way it is heading. Endless increases to damage, less time to survive.

Essentially, 1on1 pvp is all about who gets the first hit in and stealth classes have that upper hand, unless you come up against a very good player who has the ability (mentality) to brush off early dps, shut you down and shut the door.

The majority of players will not admit that they lost to the better player but until expertise is removed or something gives, this will always be a losing battle for players.

There's a reason why so many people enjoy lowbie pvp, it has no expertise requirements.

If a class is built around having significant CC, then they should also be penalized from the output perspective. We all know that isn't true. If you want better class balance and put meaning on the class you choose, something needs to be done...

This is why I say there are a ton of problems by giving everyone all these CC tools.

The entire purpose of CC in the scheme if PvP is to counter healing, yet healers have some of the widest arrays of CC in the game.

Operatives are a stealth class with a hard stun. What? Stealth suppose to counter turrets, tell me why you would want to stun or root a turret class, when their class dictates that they have to stay rooted in order to do anything?

Knights/Warriors got a gap closer, but a root attached? Wow.....

These are just a few examples of the cluster frak of CC in this game. Of almost makes choosing a class irrelevant as everyone, more or less has the same stuff. I don't say "get rid of it" I say trim down the impact...

I agree wholeheartedly with all of the points you have brought up and was advocating for similar changes way back in the 1.3 patch cycle. Making resolve have a more significant impact and affect all crowd control (even if roots and snares do not make it stack) would go a long ways to rewarding better play in PvP and punishing bad face rollers.

The one thing I do not entirely agree about is that smash is the only spec in the game with situational burst. Just because some burst is triggered by RNG does not mean it cannot be used situationally. If I save my big burst abilities for when some proc's come up on my sent I can frequently burst down a target. It's not as predictable as smash, but it is still frequently available and every bit as effective. Numerous other builds have something similar, but there are a number that lack anything like this and that should be looked at.

I'll sign this, something needs to be done about all of the derp CC.

They could fix everything though by cutting mez attacks to four seconds for players (longer for mobs, who Cares about them) or fixing the resolve decay.

If you're in a warzone with juggs, you get scream mezzed every couple of seconds. It's ridiculous, and the resolve immunity is barely noticeable.

I 100% support that mezzs duration need to be reduced. I still do not understand why is there is an aoe 6-8 sec mezz that is an instant cast. Regarding resolve gain and decay, I am inclined to keep it as it is. I have not played in the pre 1.4 era, but aside from the smash bubble, I did not have or see a problem with the hard stuns. And if we increase resolve gain, that will only benefit melee classes that are performing well to begin with.

I think that all mezzs except the 2 sec cast mezzs by sorc and merc need to have their duration reduced by half (and resolve accordingly) including mind control and sleeping dart.

This Dev team is incapable of raising the guild cap of 500 members. They're incapable of increasing the quest log cap. They're incapable of reducing the cooldown on attacks. They're incapable of reducing action costs to address action issues. They can't even add the ability to send mail to an entire guild....

I don't believe they have people there capable of lowering the cooldown or adjusting Resolve values. From all of their latest comments about how everything asked was "too challenging", I have zero faith in this group of developers to do anything.

I laughed and cried a bit inside when I read this. I still believe that the coding for lowering duration of mezzs should be on the high list to fix for devs. The ones that last 60 sec in PvE already have separate timers in PvP, so there should be zero work there. The aoe 6-8 sec ones are barely ever used in PvE, so he cares about PvE in that aspect.

I 100% support that mezzs duration need to be reduced. I still do not understand why is there is an aoe 6-8 sec mezz that is an instant cast. Regarding resolve gain and decay, I am inclined to keep it as it is. I have not played in the pre 1.4 era, but aside from the smash bubble, I did not have or see a problem with the hard stuns. And if we increase resolve gain, that will only benefit melee classes that are performing well to begin with.

I think that all mezzs except the 2 sec cast mezzs by sorc and merc need to have their duration reduced by half (and resolve accordingly) including mind control and sleeping dart.

I laughed and cried a bit inside when I read this. I still believe that the coding for lowering duration of mezzs should be on the high list to fix for devs. The ones that last 60 sec in PvE already have separate timers in PvP, so there should be zero work there. The aoe 6-8 sec ones are barely ever used in PvE, so he cares about PvE in that aspect.

You forgot to mention that everyones only defence has at max, a 2 minute cooldown for upto probably 6 seconds of freedom. But the game has been a stun/mez/aoe fest since launch so I can't see it changing any time soon