Devs/Mods: Make a Choice

L-RANDLE

You forgot to mention that everyones only defence has at max, a 2 minute cooldown for upto probably 6 seconds of freedom. But the game has been a stun/mez/aoe fest since launch so I can't see it changing any time soon

I don't see it changing either. I have given up on Bioware caring about the frustration of PvPers.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whirlwind

That's a mezz though, and damn near impossible to get off because its casted.

I should touch on the DPS Sage/Sorc issue while we are at it.

This class should have dominate CC ability because it doesn't have nearly the amount of burst most other classes have and is heavily reliant on DoTs and kiting.

Is the CC on this class more favorable than a Smash Mara, Stabby Op, any spec Jugg?

I would like everyone to respond if you would.

Chance to EVER see it go off with an OP / Shadow on me: zero dot zero.

I facepalmed when they moved instalift from the balance tree. I don't think I can play my Sage again until they rectify that travesty.

That enabled me, and this is no joke, to heal to full.

Why would they remove a kiting tool like that from that class/spec?

Smh....

That's a mezz though, and damn near impossible to get off because its casted.

I should touch on the DPS Sage/Sorc issue while we are at it.

This class should have dominate CC ability because it doesn't have nearly the amount of burst most other classes have and is heavily reliant on DoTs and kiting.

Is the CC on this class more favorable than a Smash Mara, Stabby Op, any spec Jugg?

I would like everyone to respond if you would.

On more succesful MMOs (is it by random chance? Nope), "mages" and "warlocks" have all the tools to fend off attacks, even from stealthers and other casters.

Mages get abundant CC, a silence that shuts down the opponent own DPS "school", slow that work, roots that work.

Warlocks get massive health, pets, fear to increase gap and so on.

When I played it, in WoW there were Shadow priests as well, they had less CC but still outpace Sages / sorcs A LOT and deal truly facemelting damage while also slowing down with the same spell.

PvP gear offered them some decent protection, no "hard stun, stand up at 20% health left" OR the opponents could do huge damage on them BUT those specs came with little CC.

Sages sorcs instead have little CC, a weaksauce, directional knockback that does NOT truly put the opponents out of melee range (I play a marauder too, their "melee" range is quite generous). They can slow with a spell BUT that spell is low damage OR they can do better damage but without slow (unlike shadow priests).

Their PvP gear is pathetic, it's like wearing bikini even with full augmented Obroan.

Not just pathetic, but comes with all sorts of botched stats.

Did I mention that unlike warlocks, madness / balance don't get any health boost (in the class with the lowest health of all) nor pets nor strong CC? Just the downsides of being a warlock, namely the "lifetap" to regen "mana".

BW surpassed themselves when they built them.

Interesting video that I think is related to my intuition that CC is way to strong in this game..

Resolve and a long cc breaker isn't balanced with the amount of cc available in this game, and classes are not as specialized as they should be.

On more succesful MMOs (is it by random chance? Nope), "mages" and "warlocks" have all the tools to fend off attacks, even from stealthers and other casters.

Mages get abundant CC, a silence that shuts down the opponent own DPS "school", slow that work, roots that work.

Warlocks get massive health, pets, fear to increase gap and so on.

When I played it, in WoW there were Shadow priests as well, they had less CC but still outpace Sages / sorcs A LOT and deal truly facemelting damage while also slowing down with the same spell.

PvP gear offered them some decent protection, no "hard stun, stand up at 20% health left" OR the opponents could do huge damage on them BUT those specs came with little CC.

Sages sorcs instead have little CC, a weaksauce, directional knockback that does NOT truly put the opponents out of melee range (I play a marauder too, their "melee" range is quite generous). They can slow with a spell BUT that spell is low damage OR they can do better damage but without slow (unlike shadow priests).

Their PvP gear is pathetic, it's like wearing bikini even with full augmented Obroan.

Not just pathetic, but comes with all sorts of botched stats.

Did I mention that unlike warlocks, madness / balance don't get any health boost (in the class with the lowest health of all) nor pets nor strong CC? Just the downsides of being a warlock, namely the "lifetap" to regen "mana".

BW surpassed themselves when they built them.

A whole lot of this^

In the effort to add options, BW has lost a TON of its class/role diversity. One of the best legacy threads was naming counters for each spec. Some specs have no counter, some counter none, and everyone go a boatload of CC....

It's a process, but at least adjusting resolve would be a start in the right direction.

In the effort to add options, BW has lost a TON of its class/role diversity. One of the best legacy threads was naming counters for each spec. Some specs have no counter, some counter none, and everyone go a boatload of CC...

I agree. Some specs look like mish-mash designs of what would be "cool" (or ArPee, or whatever), but with little regard of how it would actually work in a PvP setting.

And yes, the PvP CC (as a whole) needs a very, very serious review.

Interesting video that I think is related to my intuition that CC is way to strong in this game..

Resolve and a long cc breaker isn't balanced with the amount of cc available in this game, and classes are not as specialized as they should be.

very interesting video that brings up a lot having to do with game philosophy.

however, while i dont think CC is to strong...i think resolve is too weak and promotes terribad gameplay.

also watched a bunch of their other videos. very interesting, enlightening stuff:)

very interesting video that brings up a lot having to do with game philosophy.

however, while i dont think CC is to strong...i think resolve is too weak and promotes terribad gameplay.

also watched a bunch of their other videos. very interesting, enlightening stuff:)

Well I guess I should say cc is too abundent. Strength is not a good description of my stance...

While I agree that the CC is far too abundant, I think increasing the time you are white barred will have HUGE consequences in PVP.

Some classes are FAR more deadly when white barred than others. There is a MASSIVE difference between a white barred slinger and a white barred Carnage marauder.

In fact, a white barred carnage marauder can probably kill someone in about 3 seconds flat. Imagine if that effect was extended.

Does any of this make sense, lol. I'm not saying they are OP now, but they can easily zerk w/ the proc up gore > ravage > force scream > dispatch and kill pretty much anything while white barred.

While I agree that the CC is far too abundant, I think increasing the time you are white barred will have HUGE consequences in PVP.

Some classes are FAR more deadly when white barred than others. There is a MASSIVE difference between a white barred slinger and a white barred Carnage marauder.

In fact, a white barred carnage marauder can probably kill someone in about 3 seconds flat. Imagine if that effect was extended.

Does any of this make sense, lol. I'm not saying they are OP now, but they can easily zerk w/ the proc up gore > ravage > force scream > dispatch and kill pretty much anything while white barred.

The OP adresses this idea. The thing is, if Carnies are "way to powerful" compared to other classes, when white barred, maybe Carnie need to be toned down a bit. Back in the day, I loled when the Devs said Maras were wrecking balls. The irony was, them being white barred had zero to do with that and the only ones that were wrecking balls during full resolve...