Are we seriously supposed to preorder with this little info?

Icebergy

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It was a new restaurant and we were trying it out. The food could have sucked and we would have been out $25.

If you were to try to stay true to your completely inaccurate comparison, you would have had no choice for that $25. The waiter would have told you you could have food...not what kind, just that it was a plate the same size as any of their larger plates, and that it would have food on it.

Stop focusing on the PRICE...it's the lack of information, not the price, that this thread is about.

Please just explain to me your reasoning on how the $10 content should be free to subscribers? Is it how small it is? The price? A combination? I recently came back to the game and resubscribed. I heard that supposedly Bioware/EA had said Makeb would be a free content update. Now it's not. Guess what? Sometimes you have to pay to keep things going and I am sure this is going towards the numbers that corporate is looking at to decide the amount of future resources into the game. LOTRO subscribers have to pay for expansions, EQ/EQ2 subscribers have to pay for expansions, and WoW subscribers have to pay for expansions.

Just because the content is small doesn't mean it isn't an expansion. People have been trained in the past decade to consider an expansion to double the size of the game. Well that isn't always what an expansion does. Heck the Battlefield 1942 expansions added a small amount of weapons and a few maps each. Overall, with all of the expansions to that game, it maybe doubled the size of the game. Maybe.

Get off your horse, or speeder, or whatever you're riding. If you don't want to pay, don't. If you do end up paying great! I pr-eordered to show EA that this game is worth putting resources into. Then and only then will this game receive the staffing and additional resources it desperately needs.

The MMO industry, especially players are set in this cycle of "Oh no, this game is dying! This game sucks! Can't wait for [insert upcoming MMO here] it will wipe the floor with this game!" Many don't want to stay and try and vote with their wallets that the game is worth the effort. WoW at launch was not the MMO pedestal that is is today, far from it.

Im waiting for developers to realise we are not stupid cattle and our expectations are much higher that medicority they are trying to push at us. When they realise that and change their attitude then and only then will this game receive my money for the staffing and additional resources it desperately needs.

Amusing video. But, if you have a problem with EA, why are you posting on the SWTOR forums? You know EA has its own forums right? You're hitting on the middle-man.

If my intent was - in your own words - "hit on the middle-man". It is not. It is to spread the truth of things to as many people as possible. This is not the only forum I visit FYI.

No solid release date. Barely any features listed. And you want me to pre-order it?

"Hey I've got this great product you can buy! I can't tell you what it is, I can't give it to you when you buy it, hell I can't even tell you when you'll get it. But if you give me money, you'll get it eventually, and I promise whatever it is will be awesome."

No solid release date. Barely any features listed. And you want me to pre-order it?

"Hey I've got this great product you can buy! I can't tell you what it is, I can't give it to you when you buy it, hell I can't even tell you when you'll get it. But if you give me money, you'll get it eventually, and I promise whatever it is will be awesome."

Oh dear, whilst I agree with you and haven't pre-ordered myself, was there any need to make another thread?

Wow...:jawa_redface:

The OP has a point. I mean, all they say is "spring". The last day of spring is June 20th......

Also, all they're offering as incentive is "5 days early access". Well, if it doesn't get here until June, who's to say half of us will even be playing the game 5 months from now?

The OP has a point. I mean, all they say is "spring". The last day of spring is June 20th......

Also, all they're offering as incentive is "5 days early access". Well, if it doesn't get here until June, who's to say half of us will even be playing the game 5 months from now?

But why go start yet another new thread on the subject.

Thank you for coming on the forums to tell everyone to stop posting things on the forums. You are all a service to the community.

Spam is spam, there are tons of threads about the expansion, post there and stop clogging up the forums for everyone else. They are useless for discussion when all the freaking threads are about the same topic over and over.

Im waiting for developers to realise we are not stupid cattle and our expectations are much higher that medicority they are trying to push at us. When they realise that and change their attitude then and only then will this game receive my money for the staffing and additional resources it desperately needs.

You have a long wait ahead... flawed premise. Most consumers *are* stupid cattle, just look at the apologists on this and any other forum. It's only $10 (+$15) dollars, who cares if it's crap!

Side note, nice video lol... well done, hadnt seen that one before.

If you were to try to stay true to your completely inaccurate comparison, you would have had no choice for that $25. The waiter would have told you you could have food...not what kind, just that it was a plate the same size as any of their larger plates, and that it would have food on it.

Stop focusing on the PRICE...it's the lack of information, not the price, that this thread is about.

Nonsense. You know plenty about the expansion.

We know:

• Increases level cap to 55
  • Includes a brand new ability for each class
  • New skill points
  • Planet size of larger planets
  • Storyline for Republic and Storyline for Empire
  • SGR with NPCs

By itself, that's $10 worth of expansion, IMO, because it's $10. That's a piddly amount of money and nowhere near worth all this complaining. If you disagree, you're fully entitled to not purchase the expansion.

People keep focusing on the PRICE, because you're being unreasonable in your demand when one compares what we've been told to the PRICE a player is expected to pay.

Edited by Master-Nala

You mean like every game you can preorder...ever?

Nonsense. You know plenty about the expansion.

We know:

• Increases level cap to 55
  • Includes a brand new ability for each class
  • New skill points
  • Planet size of larger planets
  • Storyline for Republic and Storyline for Empire
  • SGR with NPCs

By itself, that's $10 worth of expansion, IMO, because it's $10. That's a piddly amount of money and nowhere near worth all this complaining. If you disagree, you're fully entitled to not purchase the expansion.

People keep focusing on the PRICE, because you're being unreasonable in your demand when one compares what we've been told to the PRICE a player is expected to pay.

In other words a standard expansion minus:-

a. Flashpoints

b. Operations

c. Warzones

d. New class

e. New race

f. News on existing professions

g. No new profession

h. What is their vision for existing content

i. Any new daily area

j. Any new exciting gameplay not currently in game

Whilst I wouldn't expect much of this to go into a $10 expansion they really need to answer f and h for me.

Oh yes SGR in a paid expansion only, WTH is that? Something promised as coming from launch that is still not as much as opposite gender romance got at launch, good going there on selling that.

Edited by mothear

You mean like every game you can preorder...ever?

QFWTF - No, OP has a point. Granted there are topics about this, but he isn't trolling, and what you said is just plain stupid and untrue. The idea of giving us a timer for preorder and giving us no information, beyond a new planet, is quite absurd. As a previous post said, 10 dollars is an impulse buy, and the timed incentives are only another carrot BWares putting out there to lure quick buys. The truth is we don't know what we're getting, and instead of giving us "early access" as incentive, how about some actual information on your product, if it's good, that'd be incentive enough. No info, no buy.

I bought it less than a hour after it became available. $10 is in the impulse category. If it's not, then I question whether your time might be better spent making enough money to ensure it is.

Impulse buy = sucker's bet. Maybe those of us who dont buy into such things arent worried about the money so much as the principle, since avoiding idiotic expenditures ensures that when the time comes for an actual *good* buy, it isnt an issue. But thanks for casting aspersions on anyone who dares question the fanboy pablum people like you seem to lap up.

Impulse buy = sucker's bet. Maybe those of us who dont buy into such things arent worried about the money so much as the principle, since avoiding idiotic expenditures ensures that when the time comes for an actual *good* buy, it isnt an issue. But thanks for casting aspersions on anyone who dares question the fanboy pablum people like you seem to lap up.

The principle....yeah. The principle of complaining on a message board about $10. Enjoy!

In other words a standard expansion minus:-

a. Flashpoints

b. Operations

c. Warzones

d. New class

e. New race

f. News on existing professions

g. No new profession

h. What is their vision for existing content

i. Any new daily area

j. Any new exciting gameplay not currently in game

Whilst I wouldn't expect much of this to go into a $10 expansion they really need to answer f and h for me.

Oh yes SGR in a paid expansion only, WTH is that? Something promised as coming from launch that is still not as much as opposite gender romance got at launch, good going there on selling that.

Well, then give up on the early access and wait until you find out more. It's not likely they are going to say anything prior to Monday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.