Sentinel and marauder balance

Anosa

So stunning someone who pops that small 4 second immunity is hard? If anything force shroud is worse because its a second longer and immune to stuns unless its physical, which very few specs have. Force shroud also completely locks out some classes, while all you need to do for guarded is stun the sentinel and wait it out safely, something you can't exactly do to a shrouded shadow.

Shroud is hardly worse, its the same length and all melee and ranged attacks can still hit them so all classes in the game except sorcs have many abilities that can damage them while this is up. Not to mention that force shroud doesn't work correctly sometimes and certain moves that shouldn't do damage still do.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your team is going to cluster into a little area than it should be wiped out by the move.

You mean like on a node trying to protect it, or having to group up to take down a Marauder or having to focus a healer or trying to support your ball carrier or nearly every other advantageous situation in PvP?

This is a team game, you almost never want to fight anyone 1 on 1 if you can avoid it. It is beneficial to focus enemies especially healers and most of the time you have to focus down Marauders. You may not understand that as you are a marauder/sentinel because of course then you are a team onto yourself, you don't need anyones' help.

Edited by NathanielStarr

So if we buff socs, nerf rage, buff mercs, remove stun bubble all our balance probems will be finished? Smth tells me this will never end.

All it means is that we'll be back to where we were before 1.1.5. I guarantee you that if Sorcs and Mercs weren't nerfed back then, 95% of the crying we see now wouldn't exist today.

You mean like on a node trying to protect it, or having to group up to take down a Marauder or having to focus a healer or trying to support your ball carrier or nearly every other advantageous situation in PvP?

This is a team game, you almost never want to fight anyone 1 on 1 if you can avoid it. It is beneficial to focus enemies especially healers and most of the time you have to focus down Marauders. You may not understand that as you are a marauder/sentinel because of course then you are a team onto yourself, you don't need anyones' help.

You know, the radius of smash isn't that large...you don't need to stand right on your teammates to fight with them.

You know, the radius of smash isn't that large...you don't need to stand right on your teammates to fight with them.

u know, i cant fking move after im charged.. so the radius of smash could be negative 1400 meters and id still get hit

charge root, ton of dmg, i try to get away...

then force choke before i get away, more dmg....i finally get away...

force camo to avoid cc and dmg and close the gap again, dmg in my face again, lets try to get away...

OH force charge is up again.... oh 5k vicious throw? thats cool thanks for playing

u know, i cant fking move after im charged.. so the radius of smash could be negative 1400 meters and id still get hit

charge root, ton of dmg, i try to get away...

then force choke before i get away, more dmg....i finally get away...

force camo to avoid cc and dmg and close the gap again, dmg in my face again, lets try to get away...

OH force charge is up again.... oh 5k vicious throw? thats cool thanks for playing

You forgot the part where you try to fight back but do no damage.

Why does charge get to root us and also serve as an interrupt? I am starting to feel like an NPC in a game where the players are Jedi.

Edited by NathanielStarr

Their defensive cooldowns with highest dps in the game is a bad combo to go against. That being said they aren't unkillable by any means. Its all about stunning them at the right time and kiting them around. That being said its still really crummy that you can almost take one out and they pop undying rage and prospone their death for another 3 secs and do 3 secs worth of damage which they don't deserve.

Translation: You can kill them sometimes if you are lucky and if some of their really fast cooldowns are not ready or it's 3 vs. 1.

Oh hell even other Sents/Marauders don't like to fight Sents/Marauders, why fight each other when they can jump on something easier? Cross paths with a Sentinel? Oh look a Sage? I've noticed they avoid each other until they REALLY have to fight, because fighting them is a huge pain. It's like they are the bosses in the warzones.

Edited by NathanielStarr

The only real problem with the Warrior/Knight right now is that it is the only class where stacking more of them increases their effectivity.

A team with 3 Smash specs vs a team with 4 Smash specs in them the one with 4 is always in the advantage. This is not about 1v1 and how a specific well played Smasher beats you there, this is only about the fact that Smash does too much damage for an AoE with very little setup needed and that a group of them jumping on a target can nearly instantly kill that target every time the ability is available.

Every other ability they have is less of a problem if stacking a group of them with a pocket healer doesn't make them a nearly unbeatable force because of the insane amount of AoE burst a single group of them can do.

Now, coordinated burst is something I would applaud in a team game. But this specific burst needs little coordination beyond: I jump first to get the bubble off so the other guys can then Smash the target in 1 or 2 Global Cooldowns.

If this no-brain stacking ability is removed, the entire Mara/Sent problem is solved I feel. Because in every other aspect, this spec is balanced and beatable in 1v1 (or more importantly, able to be ignored long enough in 2v2 or more so you can first kill their healer) and changing these other things will eventually over-nerf the spec.

I wish it was still feb 2012, where I was one of little marauders in the warzones.

Because back then, people found it underpowered and hard to play.

Imagine that :)

Anyway, nerf the hell out of marauders and sents. I will keep on playing mine.

I wish it was still feb 2012, where I was one of little marauders in the warzones.

Because back then, people found it underpowered and hard to play.

Imagine that :)

Anyway, nerf the hell out of marauders and sents. I will keep on playing mine.

it needs it. i am getting 6k crits from them and its not from finishers

What's wrong with that? I can hit for 5500+ with annihilate but you don't see people crying about that spec. Every mara can do it regardless of spec. PTs can do it. Sins can do it. Snipers can do it. Hell I think even operatives can do it. Mercs apparently can't and Sorcs can't anymore, do you want to nerf everyone down to that level or give those two classes a buff?

Not sure why everyone whines about sents and maras. PTs are and have been just as strong and they're way easier to play. Sins are about equivalent. I've never rolled a sniper but they don't seem complicated either. Not sure what it is about this class that makes people cry so much. Two glow sticks too much for you guys? Lol

What's wrong with that?Lol

Hello, this is AOE damage! Why is it so hard to understand?

How about 5-targets Ambush, or 4-targets Railshot with 90% armor penetration? Ofc with autocrit! This is OK for you too? :)

Edited by Glower

I don't disagree that it needs to be toned down. But many classes can have 5K+ criticals from non-finishing moves.

Just not Sorcerers or Mercenaries.

Oh hell even other Sents/Marauders don't like to fight Sents/Marauders, why fight each other when they can jump on something easier? Cross paths with a Sentinel? Oh look a Sage? I've noticed they avoid each other until they REALLY have to fight, because fighting them is a huge pain. It's like they are the bosses in the warzones.

I've noticed this trend amongst the Warriors. In rateds they wont be baited so easily, but in the PUG world if you attack another warrior you have broken the sacred code! You must be punished! And you get two marauders focusing each-other in an EPIC battle of e-peens. Some will actually ignore the objectives to have 1 versus 1 matches with their arch-enemy who violated the sacred code.

What's wrong with that? I can hit for 5500+ with annihilate but you don't see people crying about that spec. Every mara can do it regardless of spec. PTs can do it. Sins can do it. Snipers can do it. Hell I think even operatives can do it. Mercs apparently can't and Sorcs can't anymore, do you want to nerf everyone down to that level or give those two classes a buff?

Not sure why everyone whines about sents and maras. PTs are and have been just as strong and they're way easier to play. Sins are about equivalent. I've never rolled a sniper but they don't seem complicated either. Not sure what it is about this class that makes people cry so much. Two glow sticks too much for you guys? Lol

Smash is over-tuned for an AOE skill. All other hard hitting skills (5K+) are single-target. If you switch targets you loose some of that damage (Pyrotechs, Carnage Marauders, Assassins) because your burst relies on debuffs. Unlike other classes/specializations, Smash is indifferent to who you're smashing. They all (multiple people) take the same damage regardless of who you setup on.

Edited by Yeochins

Shroud is hardly worse, its the same length and all melee and ranged attacks can still hit them so all classes in the game except sorcs have many abilities that can damage them while this is up. Not to mention that force shroud doesn't work correctly sometimes and certain moves that shouldn't do damage still do.

Well, since more and more Assassins started infecting Warzones I started to realize that the Deflection+Force Shroud combo is actually superior to Guarded by the Force. Granted, it's two cooldowns rolled into one but it makes the Assassin literally invincible and unstunnable and even unrootable.

Well, since more and more Assassins started infecting Warzones I started to realize that the Deflection+Force Shroud combo is actually superior to Guarded by the Force. Granted, it's two cooldowns rolled into one but it makes the Assassin literally invincible and unstunnable and even unrootable.

Physical stuns and roots still affect you. Sorry to break it to ya. :p

Wrong :o, scoundrels are lucky to break 5k with shoot first

Physical stuns and roots still affect you. Sorry to break it to ya. :p

That's why I said Deflection + Force Shroud. Deflection parries most of the melee and ranged attacks; I can't think of a root or stun that is neither a tech or Force effect nor one that can be applied without a ranged or melee attack.

Wasn't sure about op/scoundrel. All I hear is stabstabstab or nutkick and half my health bar is gone. Lol

Carnage doesn't lose damage switching targets. Neither do deception sins. Madness maybe but it's rarely played. I'd be fine with aoe railshots with an easily identifiable buff that had a four meter range if the rest of their damage was brought down in line with Rage's single target.

I don't think you guys realize how bad rage's damage would be without the AOE. And on top of that, pyros still do comparable numbers that are all single target. I agree that having several in a group is imba but 1-2 is perfectly fine. Then again, more than 1-2 of just about any class can get ridiculous in a hurry. Teams of stunlocking operatives...

Most good sents/maras can put up comparable numbers in carnage, and even in annihilation if no one is spamming cleanse. Nerfing rage leaves juggs with one useful spec and maras with one. Which is OK, quite a few classes are like that. Personally I'd just rather see the other classes be buffed.

This is the issue exactly. These dumb devs nerfed two of the most popular ranged classes, in Sorc/Sage and Merc/BH. MMO PVP, and most any similar PVP, is based off melee vs ranged. This game gimped ranged and made it a joke, so melee dominates. Mara already is probably a little overtuned with those ranged classes being viable, but what they did just makes it so obvious.

If they were smart, which they were not, they'd just roll back so CL procs off Wrath again and Mercs can spam TM again. In a game with an instant rooting gap closer that interrupts, it's stunning that the devs refuse to allow the ranged classes to do damage. I bet those two small changes would balance the game out immensely.

It's certainly a better idea than what they are doing. LMAO stun bubble. Whoever thought of that should be fired and banned from ever coming up with ideas about anything ever again.

I don't think you guys realize how bad rage's damage would be without the AOE. And on top of that, pyros still do comparable numbers that are all single target.

Ok first off pyros are pretty squishy and only the really good ones do that type of damage. You have to remember smashers have a truckload of defenses. And I know by comparable you mean almost as good because almost as good is what the better pyros do compared to the average smasher.

Edited by NathanielStarr

This is the issue exactly. These dumb devs nerfed two of the most popular ranged classes, in Sorc/Sage and Merc/BH. MMO PVP, and most any similar PVP, is based off melee vs ranged. This game gimped ranged and made it a joke, so melee dominates. Mara already is probably a little overtuned with those ranged classes being viable, but what they did just makes it so obvious.

If they were smart, which they were not, they'd just roll back so CL procs off Wrath again and Mercs can spam TM again. In a game with an instant rooting gap closer that interrupts, it's stunning that the devs refuse to allow the ranged classes to do damage. I bet those two small changes would balance the game out immensely.

It's certainly a better idea than what they are doing. LMAO stun bubble. Whoever thought of that should be fired and banned from ever coming up with ideas about anything ever again.

Honestly i dont think that promoting more hybrid builds is the way to go in this game.they need to kill actually the hybrids for inquisitors all together and overhaul unpopular 31pts builds.

Honestly i dont think that promoting more hybrid builds is the way to go in this game.they need to kill actually the hybrids for inquisitors all together and overhaul unpopular 31pts builds.

the tree just needs reconfigured