Companions you NEVER use

MouseNoFour

Never:

Gault on my Bounty Hunter

Lt. Pierce and Broonmark on my Sith Warrior

Tanno Vik on my Vanguard

Once and never again:

Bowdaar on my Smuggler

I love running with DPS, but I despise Gault so much that I don't want him around me.

I have no idea how to use Bowdaar as a tank in any efficient way (he dies too quickly as AoE tank), plus I can't stand the noises he makes.

Edited by KyaniteD

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanguard: Everybody but elara doorne. Sorry, i do the tanking, i need a healer, not another tank or dps.

IA: Don't use: Lokin, or vector. Just have zero need for them. And now that i have SCORPIO, probably gonna stop using Kalyio since i have now a melee tank.

Do you have a character, who has obtained a companion you have yet to even use them in combat... even once?

On my BH I haven't ever used anyone except Mako and Blizz. Ever. Well, except those sections when you first get them as guests where you have no choice.

First to the OP at some point you have to use all companions at least once if memory serves due to having to use them for the class quest in which they are needed, but I understand what you mean.. tbf with almost all of my toons ive stopped using the first original comp either when levelling or at end game, but for a genral list

Bounty Hunter) - Skadge, Gault, Blizz, 2V-R8

Sith Warrior) - Jaesa, Lt. Pierce, Broonmark, HK-51, 2V-R8

Jedi Knight) - Kira Carsen, Sgt, Fedeltin Rusk, Lord Scourge, HK-51, C2-N2

Trooper) - M1-4X, Tanno Vik, Sgt. Yuun, HK-51, C2-N2

Sith Inquisitor) - Andronikos Revel, Ashara Zavros, HK-51, 2V-R8

Imperial Agent) - Vector Hyllus, Raina Temple, 2v-R8

Jedi Consular) - Zenith, Lt. Felix Iresso, C2-N2

Smuggler Class has never appealed to me... at all

On my Sniper: Everyone that isn't Kaliyo, except atm due to story reason I am having to use my only healer for the first time Doctor Lokin. I tried Ensign Temple, as I had her moderately equipped, but I was very disappointed and switched to Lokin for the time being. Dammit I need Kaliyo back!

On my Juggernaut: Everyone except Quinn and Vette.

On my Mercenary: Everyone except Mako. (he isn't high enough level to get Blizz yet)

Pretty much any of the tank companions. The melee dps companions and the healer companions are the only ones worth using. The ranged dps companions have crappy aoe moves and worse damage, and the tanking companions are just hopeless at everything.

The easiest way to remedy this problem would be to let you set your companions move set. For example If I could set Blizz to a tech healer loadout (like Mako and Malavai) I would use him all the time. As long as the moves distinguish between the companion as a force or tech user, it wouldn't feel out of place or compromise the characters in any way. It would let you use the companion you felt like using purely because you like that companion.

Unfortunately Bioware feel differently and see the companions combat role as a part of the characters backstory and personality. I hope they change their mind on this at some point.

Log into Jedi Covenant server so you can see my Tanno Vik get busy. He can solo elites and shrugs off silvers. I use him in flashpoints as well, the only problem is he can't interrupt. I have no problem manually using my toon and holding agro with my companion. I will say the biggest flaw with tanks companions is their defense chance, shield and absorption is too low for a tank. I think they should add a boost somewhere, either to their tank spec or include it with presence.

I tend to find one compaion , for each character class, that I really like and end up using that companion all the time lol..though I often do try and make it a point of trying out each of the companions at least once. On my Sith Warrior I really love Vette ((yeah I know she's the first companion you get on that character)) but once I got Jessa I stopped using Vette. The only time I ever use my healers is when I'm doing a mission where I staying alive is more important than anything else. Well though for my trooper I have been using the female healer..I like her better than Jarog or whatever his name is lol. And I'm still using Mako on my BH because she's all I have at the moment lol. With my Jedi Guardian , my main and my first level 50, once I got Kira I rarely used any of the other companions...mainly because I was romancing her. ^^

Also on my Sith Warrior I mainly used Jessa..and only used Quinn when I needed a healer to keep me alive during tough boss fights. *SPOILER ALERT!!!*

After Quinn tried to betray me...I seriously thought about getting rid of him...but then I thought about how I might need him around to heal me in a future boss fight ..so I let him live lol.

Trooper

Yuun

Tanno Vik

Smuggler

Akaavi Spar

Jedi Consular

Zenith

Iresso

Bounty Hunter

Skadge

Sith Warrior

Broonmark

Pierce

Imperial Agent

Ensign Raina Temple

Scorpio

This is bisased.

I have seen consulars with either irusso and zenith out on ilum. I have seen akaavi and Tano out with their apropiate classes in fleet. I can't speak for the imperial classes. I think all the pets in this game are usefull to players personal taste. So I disagree with that statement. Just a side note to the guy I quoted read the consular forums, there is a long thread titled "zenith or Nadia".There is a serious argument to use zenith alot more, which I will agree to in the right circumstance.

Broonmark & Malavai Quinn. I can't see them. Broonmark is out because of his Fly-face, and Quinn because his face and speeches only make want to slap him. (I was happy when I slapped him with the Pureblood ability in my ship which caused him to endlessly cry)

Maybe I could add M1-4X (stop your fanatic speech, stupid droid) and Tanno Vik to the list.

BTW, I failed to mention that on my Trooper I used Elara almost exclusively once I got her. Jorgin never saw the light of day after Taris.

I was the same way. Jorgan was a valued side kick until Dorne came along. Now I have to check to make sure I didn't leave him on the planet somewhere and not realize it. Whatever happened to bros before hos?

I never use Forex even though he cracks me up on the rare occasions I wheel him out.