Stun bubbles STILL not "fixed"

Rousso

Let me guess, you are a Smash Monkey and you cant 1 shot people anymore? Ranged DPS > Stun BUbble. They ARE going to NERF SORCS again anyways so that the stun only procs off the caster and not his entire group (when bubbled)

Stop spreading rumors as truth. What the dev said in his post is that they are looking at the bubble stun and ONE of the things they are CONTEMPLATING is making the stun affect the caster only. How ever he goes on to say they KNOW that will make sorcs have less team utility and they don't want that. They would need to give them something else to replace it so they stay somewhat viable. Soooo yea, it's not going away anytime soon just as smash isn't going away anytime soon. Folks learn to play. I have a seer/tele sage specced into bubble and have had it since 1.2 nerfed us into the dirt. It is the only way to pug heal a WZ. I also have an assault vanguard, an infiltration shadow and a guardian all lvl 50. With each of them I simply whack people with bubbles a few times then move back beyond 5m's to pop it then back to melee range if needed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible Players.....bubbles absorb about 3K damage. Every Melee class has a 10m attack. You run outside the 5m bubble range and use your 10m attack. Sure every now and then you will get blinded by a bubble burst. But if you are constantly being blinded then your positioning is bad. If you see someone coming at your group that is bubbled why would you stay huddled together? That is like staying close together as a suicide bomber is running at you.

On another note: Smash; honestly if you see anyone jump to you or in a pile of people why would you stand there? Smash has a 5m range so move out of the way. Or if they leap to you stun them. Intead of complaining, you should learn how to counter attacks. Some people have the time to play multiple classes so they can identify the weakness of other classes. Those that don't have the time should join a PvP guild so they can ask different classes what their weakness' are. I am assuming most of the people that complain on these threads are PvErs

Of course you will not always be able to avoid a bubble or a smash, but if were able to then it would be pointless to have those skills. On average if you watch your positioning and learn how to counter attacks you won't be stun locked. There will also be situations where you will have 3 or 4 people on you, nothing you can do about those circumstances.

And finally to finish my diatribe: if you look at these forumns every class says another class is "OP". The only agreement that everyone has is Commando/Mercs suck and need a buff. I have been sucked into the loser talk, but this talk is what causes devs to nerf classes when nerfs aren't needed.

Terrible Players.....bubbles absorb about 3K damage. Every Melee class has a 10m attack. You run outside the 5m bubble range and use your 10m attack. Sure every now and then you will get blinded by a bubble burst. But if you are constantly being blinded then your positioning is bad. If you see someone coming at your group that is bubbled why would you stay huddled together? That is like staying close together as a suicide bomber is running at you.

On another note: Smash; honestly if you see anyone jump to you or in a pile of people why would you stand there? Smash has a 5m range so move out of the way. Or if they leap to you stun them. Intead of complaining, you should learn how to counter attacks. Some people have the time to play multiple classes so they can identify the weakness of other classes. Those that don't have the time should join a PvP guild so they can ask different classes what their weakness' are. I am assuming most of the people that complain on these threads are PvErs

Of course you will not always be able to avoid a bubble or a smash, but if were able to then it would be pointless to have those skills. On average if you watch your positioning and learn how to counter attacks you won't be stun locked. There will also be situations where you will have 3 or 4 people on you, nothing you can do about those circumstances.

And finally to finish my diatribe: if you look at these forumns every class says another class is "OP". The only agreement that everyone has is Commando/Mercs suck and need a buff. I have been sucked into the loser talk, but this talk is what causes devs to nerf classes when nerfs aren't needed.

This is all very useful information.... until a team of bubbled players synchronize the ability to self pop said bubbles.

All of the above works on average players... but the small percentage of above average players that know how to capitalize on the ability can literally turn the tide of a game with stun bubbles.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Yes and the small percentage that know how to counter that through say the use of Awe brings back balance to the force. At the end of the day it's about joining a PvP guild, because those guilds spend there time learning how to counter game mechanics. PvP guilds just don't go do wz's, they spend as much time researching PvP mechanics as PvErs spend researching mob mechanics.

Yes and the small percentage that know how to counter that through say the use of Awe brings back balance to the force. At the end of the day it's about joining a PvP guild, because those guilds spend there time learning how to counter game mechanics. PvP guilds just don't go do wz's, they spend as much time researching PvP mechanics as PvErs spend researching mob mechanics.

And it's those exact PvP guilds... myself included that can take advantage of changes in the game such as the stun bubble. I know from both sides that this ability needs a change.

The last thing this game needed was more CC... especially CC that can be applied to an entire team and is on a very short CD while filling very little resolve.

True...and that's the rub: it's easier to figure out how to use those skills (bubble/smash) then it is to learn how to counter it. But the players that take the time to figure it out don't post on forumns.

And that's the drawback of forumns. Mostly baddies post on it so it paints the picture to the devs like it is a major issue.

Going off topic to show a good analogy of how forumns skew issues: Gun Control. In 2011 41,545 people died from poisoning, 34,485 died from vehicles, and 31,347 died from Firearms. That is .0001 percent of the US Population that has died from firearms, yet people take the Aurora, CO and the Newton, CT murders to paint a picture that a higher percentage of people are dieing from firearms.

Same as these forumns, a small percentage of the community posts about "X" skill needing to be nerfed, so devs read it and think it is a larger problem then it really is.

True...and that's the rub: it's easier to figure out how to use those skills (bubble/smash) then it is to learn how to counter it. But the players that take the time to figure it out don't post on forumns.

And that's the drawback of forumns. Mostly baddies post on it so it paints the picture to the devs like it is a major issue.

Going off topic to show a good analogy of how forumns skew issues: Gun Control. In 2011 41,545 people died from poisoning, 34,485 died from vehicles, and 31,347 died from Firearms. That is .0001 percent of the US Population that has died from firearms, yet people take the Aurora, CO and the Newton, CT murders to paint a picture that a higher percentage of people are dieing from firearms.

Same as these forumns, a small percentage of the community posts about "X" skill needing to be nerfed, so devs read it and think it is a larger problem then it really is.

You are truly an idiot and if you believe your garbage you need your guns taken away. This is coming from an NRA member.

w t f is this bull?

not only is that a poor analogy, but it seems like an attempt to spark a discussion on gun control.

if you dont have anything to post about SWTOR, dont post at all

I figured out how to counter it in the first match i played against a stunbubbler (he only bubbled himself tho). If they spec'd into the stun bubble they most likely spec'd into the +20% dmg absorb, if they did then the bubble only absorbs 5-6k dmg give or take. Most melee classes have a 10meter range attack that can do pretty good dmg (project - shadow, blade storm, saber throw - Guardian/sent) just use 1 or 2 of those abilities from a range in combo and the bubble will go down allowing for u to get in close and destroy them with all your hatred for stun bubbles. if ur a shadow just pop resilience for the 5 sec force/tech immunity and just pop that bubble.

In the case of there being multiple stunbubbles on several different targets, someones gonna have to take one for the team, preferably a focus spec (like myself) and jump in and smash and remove the bubbles so ur team can clean up shop.

I figured out how to counter it in the first match i played against a stunbubbler (he only bubbled himself tho). If they spec'd into the stun bubble they most likely spec'd into the +20% dmg absorb, if they did then the bubble only absorbs 5-6k dmg give or take. Most melee classes have a 10meter range attack that can do pretty good dmg (project - shadow, blade storm, saber throw - Guardian/sent) just use 1 or 2 of those abilities from a range in combo and the bubble will go down allowing for u to get in close and destroy them with all your hatred for stun bubbles. if ur a shadow just pop resilience for the 5 sec force/tech immunity and just pop that bubble.

In the case of there being multiple stunbubbles on several different targets, someones gonna have to take one for the team, preferably a focus spec (like myself) and jump in and smash and remove the bubbles so ur team can clean up shop.

Yea but I don't want to have to think though. I just want everyone else's class to be worse than mine. Seems fair to me.

So let's get this straight, what you are saying is that melee classes, who operate best at the 4m range, should step back to 10m, blow the bubble and then step in.

Yes, that advice is really going to work well for pure dps melee stealthers then. Something like this.

"Ooh look, a bubbled opponent, best pop out of stealth at 10m, lob a Thermal Grenade and let off several Flurry of Bolts"

But wait a minute, what's this ?

"Oh heck, as a result of having done that I can't now use my primary atack, Shoot First because I'm no longer in stealth...."

Whereas if I do what I'm supposed to do as a stealther and go straight in with my primary attack from stealth, at 4m, it's auto stun for me. In fact, playing as a class who has to press a key to stun other opponents, (and the fact that involves timing and 'skill'), I do find the idea of a free stun, which requires no action on the part of the bubbled player to activate just a tad unfair :)

Heck, in fact, as a stealther I could do with something like that myself. Perhaps we Scoundrels and Operatives could have an auto stun of our own that comes into operation whenever anyone blows us out of stealth. After all, if we get taken out of stealth at a time not of our own choosing, we are often then in trouble.

Come on Bioware, give us that whenever anyone pops our stealth bubble...

still needs to be fixed biojoke...going to happen soon? 6 bubble pop sorcs just beat the new mission doing this and nothing we could do about it...think they killed less than 20 the entire match...they just held both pylons and chain stunned all who got close to them...this bubble pop crap is a joke...guess it fits right in with BIOJOKE and their ability to fix anything in a timely manner..how long do we get to put up with this? you know, it is an exploit as im sure you never intended to give sorcs/sages even more castable cc. its not like there arnt hundreds of pages on suggestions on how to fix this if you only cared to read it...can you read? starting to wonder. if you cant figure it out, just move it to the debuff side so it cant be clicked off and gets broke by damage like it was intended to be.

Developer's logic and the birth of the bubble stun.

Developer #1: People are complaining that sorcs don't have enough burst damage.

Developer #2: Any other complaints?

Developer #1: Well, people are also complaining that the PvP has way too much CC.

Developer #2: Hmmmm... I think the only logical solution is to give more sorcs survivability and a stun bubble that they can apply to EVERYONE!!! This fixes both problems... right?

Next problem!!

Developer #1: Well... for the last 9 months people have been complaining about how bad Mercs and Commandos are...

Developer #2: Those are still in the game?

Lmao; I could see this conversation going on, in that case almost makes me want to cry. As for this being Match changing it is not, at best I just slow my own death until my team can get back, or keep the Stealther from stabbing me in the back and capping. Now people complaining that a coordinated team useing it locks everyone down, well in that case you are looking at a premade running in the pug que, and not matter what they play (unless you get a team of 8 mercs) you are going to get shafted pretty hard.

So let's get this straight, what you are saying is that melee classes, who operate best at the 4m range, should step back to 10m, blow the bubble and then step in.

Yes, that advice is really going to work well for pure dps melee stealthers then. Something like this.

"Ooh look, a bubbled opponent, best pop out of stealth at 10m, lob a Thermal Grenade and let off several Flurry of Bolts"

"Oh heck, as a result of having done that I can't now use my primary atack, Shoot First because I'm no longer in stealth...."

Whereas if I do what I'm supposed to do as a stealther and go straight in with my primary attack from stealth, at 4m, it's auto stun for me. In fact, playing as a class who has to press a key to stun other opponents, (and the fact that involves timing and 'skill'), I do find the idea of a free stun, which requires no action on the part of the bubbled player to activate just a tad unfair :)

Heck, in fact, as a stealther I could do with something like that myself. Perhaps we Scoundrels and Operatives could have an auto stun of our own that comes into operation whenever anyone blows us out of stealth. After all, if we get taken out of stealth at a time not of our own choosing, we are often then in trouble.

You totally do not understand how to beat bubble and fall into the category of baddie. As a scoundrel you still open in stealth on a bubble, then after doing 3-5 K damage step back lob thermal, force stealth go back in and do your rotation. Or just kick them in the nuts and back blast.

You totally do not understand how to beat bubble and fall into the category of baddie. As a scoundrel you still open in stealth on a bubble, then after doing 3-5 K damage step back lob thermal, force stealth go back in and do your rotation. Or just kick them in the nuts and back blast.

Ya that doesn't apply to the competent players that will pop the stun bubble on their own.

If you encounter a bubblestun sage/sorc alnoe 1v1, you will win even eating the stun

If you are in a group environment, have someone else pop the bubble THEN open up and kill the squishy guy.

If you encounter someone who is prebubbled in a 1v1 scenario, wait for bubble to pop on it's own THEN kill him

In a group encounter let someone else pop the bubble THEN go for the kill

see a pattern?

The bubblepop spec has been a hardcounter to BAD stealthers since launch. NOTHING has changed that little part of the game.

The sage/sorc is sacrificing a big chunk of skillpoints to spec for the bubbles. That's not exactly a FREE stun.

Yes, specifically the low amount of resolve this stun bubble gives in comparison to other AOE stun abilities in the game and its ability to be manually popped by groups in order to repeatedly stun multiple people.

Popping bubbles manually is the ONLY nerf I want to see on the bubbles, anything else and sorcs/sages goes right back to being as viable as mercs/mandos

At the moment sages/sorcs have 1 spec that's near mandatory for rankeds. Any other spec and you would be better off on another class (exept mercs/mandos)