Top 10 Reasons Why Star Wars: The Old Republic is my WoW Killer

anethers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely stated i love this game and will be here a very long time, anyone who disagees is a hater, i am not a fan boy,but i truely am enjoying this game my only concern is what happens at 50 if it is stand around with thumb planted in *** queuing for dungeons and pvp and doing a pointless raid grind that is repetitive then i will have to stongly sit back and think about what i am going to do

I totally agree but I pretty much plan to play every class. Hopefully Bioware understands this and are already working on endgame. If not, they should be!

I simply cannot play in a world where the furries have won. The internet has done far too much to help that demographic along and I will not bear witness to their digital triumph.

This

No, I want to play in a world where even the bad guys are attractive and none of them are samurai bears. Besides, that which holds the image of the Panda becomes itself a Panda. Blizzard, you have been warned.

and this...simply brilliant and lol moment. good on ya!

As World of Warcraft progressed with subsequent expansions whole new continents appeared on the planet. Although I was already playing in a world where I could be ported via a hole in the sky to the other side of the planet, it boggled my mind that a new continent would just inexplicably appear and that everyone went about their lives like that wasn’t a big deal. Hell, one city completely uprooted and decided to float in the sky instead. (Incidentally, if we can do that with Baltimore, MD I am completely on board.)

Poor form here. I live in Baltimore and traffic is bad enough on 695 - 83 exchange, without having to add a plane flight into the commute to work:(

Edited by Baizak

Fantastic post, really. I lol'd even the third time i read it. But wow, your husband sounds like a simpleton. I'm guessing you probably pick out his clothes for him in the morning too. lol

Well, he must be awesome in other areas to hold on to someone with your wit and ability. :)

At this point WoW still runs wayyyy better for me and although I love SWTOR, its still not enough to shut WoW off solely due to the fact that things are jittery often and laggy for me while WoW runs like a dream and until they fix that, naturally cutting off accessibility to only those with great systems is not gonna make the numbers go up.

I will admit though this game has seriously made me consider buying a new computer. So used to running WoW fine I forgot that newer game would equal higher demands. It has the greatest potential of any game for me to be the WoW killer 'cause of story and it never gets old watching my Twi'lek consular cutting fools down like nobody's business in her tight pants. Did I say that out loud?

The only thing I feel I disagree with in the article is the whole "feeling inferior" thing.

Jedis start as Padwans. Sith Inquistors are slaves.

Jedis start with glowing nerf bats.

Meanwhile, looking at Troopers and Smugglers....

Troopers start with the bad*** distinction of being a Sgt. No one really wants to be an officer. Sgt. is the way to go! And, they start with the weapons they will move forward with. Rifles, blasters, etc.

I kinda feel like Jedi get the short end of the stick. They'll give noobie gun shooters REAL guns right out of the gate. But Jedi, who are supposed to be responsible, in control of their powers and able to make major life and death decisions, get a glowing plastic bat?

What gives? :D

But, a good article OP! Put a smile on my face!