The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How much have you spent on the Cartel Market?

BrainlessWhale

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing, but I re-subbed the other day, after quitting last Feb. (after spending an enormous amount of time with the game.)

I'd kind of like a Twilek Sith Warrior, but I don't care that much.

I think the whole F2P model is based on the 1/100 half-crazy "enthusiast" who pays $300. I think I read only 7% of F2P players pay anything at all, on average, but 1/7 F2P players are probably nuts.

Sadly, it's akin to finding the guy who believes the Nigerian finance minister's email, sort of.

The 19.99 for the 2400 CC's. Probably all i will ever spend though.

Here's why.: Didn't want to wait for a new alt to have cool looking modable gear from the start and had a fresh level 50 I wanted to look a certain way and didn't want to wait for gear grind or the monthly cartel 500 for what I wanted.

Kind of squandered the 1800 or so I got for being a sub on cartel packs where one of the the only good things was a low level limit high end Color Crystal (others were good too but that one was the most beneficial).

added to my enjoyment of the game having my main and alt looking a certain way from the beginning of level 50 and level 15 respectively.

We know how it's going to end if this keeps on piling up, right? Like those SIMS addon fiasco (judging by the useless and forced contents towards vanity). Eventually the majority WILL get fed up, and that would be the end of SWTOR--if not even already and have only been holding on by a thread for the sake of BioWare's Star Wars, like me. Another stigma and scandal that--at least--be VERY hard go away for decades--especially with a name as big as Star Wars. It's just so unfortunate because it actually doesn't have to be this way. At all.

All these milking, misleading, fooling around with crackpot contents and trapping monetizing system for profit's sake--it's stupid! Even business-wise.

People--at least me, understand that the providing companies (studio, publisher, what have you) NEED money to survive. And at least I, do not mind lending a hand properly by supporting financially in returns for the joy I get from playing the game. But please do so honestly:

1. Create truly useful contents with reasonable prices and for all levels (from one to fifty as per the level cap)--not just for certain high level characters. Believe you me, some of use will actually buy those religiously, aside from the ones they've got from in game. And funny enough at that that it's sometimes for vanity's sake.
  2. Create more story contents as the REAL money-pulling of the business beside subscriptions. Trust me, we never get tired of playing new stories. Make them episodic, perhaps, like that of Walking Death or whatever, as long as it works, make sense, and fair.
  3. Trash the stupid and contextually incorrect Legacy System.
  4. Any more ideas...?

Really guys, I love BioWare's Star Wars, and would really like to see it flourishes for more years to come. But the currently stupid system's killing me.

But then again, what do I know about game business, right? I'll shut up from now on and just play.

>sigh<

I'm going to regret posting here I'm sure, but I'm 99% positive I'm why there's a Cartel Store.

I've purchased two sets of armor off the store. The new Jedi armor recently added (1440), and one set for my Bounty Hunter (1200; I think). I've bought every mini pet and fun things up there (carbo freeze and rancor). Bought the pink Longspur. The speeder with the lights was a Christmas present from my wife. I've also bought 298 Crime Lord packs (the first one up there that sold for 360). The only thing I didn't get out of the pack was the throne mount. It would have gone awesome with my JC who is named after one of the followers of Revan (wears the robes; has the helmet---doesn't wear it---for RP purposes). My SI wears it because it is cooler than the one gained through the story.

Yeah. I'll aggro a lot of hate for what I've spent. Luckily I have Khem Vale and he hungers, if you survive that, there is Blizz and he will gladly send a rocket up your backside...all while looking cute. :rak_03:

Edited by jason_ralph
Spelling mistake

Spent too much. Got too little.

I kept telling myself "Just one more Crime Lord Cartel Pack and i'm done".

"Did i ever tell you the definition of Cartel shopping?

Cartel shopping is... buying the exact same pack... over and over again, expecting to get something different. That is crazy!

The first time somebody told me that, i dunno, i thought they were bulls******* me; So boom, i force choked them.

The thing is... he was right. And then i started seeing it. Everywhere i looked, everywhere i looked all these Imperials... buying the exact... same... pack... over and over and over and over again.

Thinking; "This time i'm gonna get the Mask of Nihilus". No, no, no, no, please; THIS time i'm gonna get the Mask of Nihilus."

i used all my complimentary coins for account unlocks then a month later they decided to tell us that the bulk of them arnt account wide after we had bought them, they are either legacy or char bound. Had to purchase more coins to unlock my other servers chars.

But after this makeb farse i wont buy anymore coins, ill just save my money for content updates. Im even debating my subs as whats the point.

Edited by Shingara

We know how it's going to end if this keeps on piling up, right? Like those SIMS addon fiasco (judging by the useless and forced contents towards vanity). Eventually the majority WILL get fed up, and that would be the end of SWTOR--if not even already and have only been holding on by a thread for the sake of BioWare's Star Wars, like me. Another stigma and scandal that--at least--be VERY hard go away for decades--especially with a name as big as Star Wars. It's just so unfortunate because it actually doesn't have to be this way. At all.

All these milking, misleading, fooling around with crackpot contents and trapping monetizing system for profit's sake--it's stupid! Even business-wise.

People--at least me, understand that the providing companies (studio, publisher, what have you) NEED money to survive. And at least I, do not mind lending a hand properly by supporting financially in returns for the joy I get from playing the game. But please do so honestly:

1. Create truly useful contents with reasonable prices and for all levels (from one to fifty as per the level cap)--not just for certain high level characters. Believe you me, some of use will actually buy those religiously, aside from the ones they've got from in game. And funny enough at that that it's sometimes for vanity's sake.
  2. Create more story contents as the REAL money-pulling of the business beside subscriptions. Trust me, we never get tired of playing new stories. Make them episodic, perhaps, like that of Walking Death or whatever, as long as it works, make sense, and fair.
  3. Trash the stupid and contextually incorrect Legacy System.
  4. Any more ideas...?

Really guys, I love BioWare's Star Wars, and would really like to see it flourishes for more years to come. But the currently stupid system's killing me.

But then again, what do I know about game business, right? I'll shut up from now on and just play.

>sigh<

/yawn

All that and not only did you say nothing, you didn't even answer the question

$0.00, and I haven't spent any of my "free" accumulated cartel coins due to my subscription, either.

I refuse to support the cash shop in any way until they stop releasing items that hurt crafters. Top tier space ship upgrades, lvl 10 color crystals with high-end stats on them... this has to stop before they do irreparable harm to their crafting economy.

This means no Section X for me and, if they continue to release items which hurt crafters, I won't be purchasing the Hutt Cartel expansion, either. I'll simply unsubscribe. I find myself not logging in all that often these days, anyway.

-Macheath.

Spent too much. Got too little.

I kept telling myself "Just one more Crime Lord Cartel Pack and i'm done".

"Did i ever tell you the definition of Cartel shopping?

Cartel shopping is... buying the exact same pack... over and over again, expecting to get something different. That is crazy!

The first time somebody told me that, i dunno, i thought they were bulls******* me; So boom, i force choked them.

The thing is... he was right. And then i started seeing it. Everywhere i looked, everywhere i looked all these Imperials... buying the exact... same... pack... over and over and over and over again.

Thinking; "This time i'm gonna get the Mask of Nihilus". No, no, no, no, please; THIS time i'm gonna get the Mask of Nihilus."

Haha, this made my day.

So far I've spent about $60 on the Cartel Market.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

Subscriber here.

I've only bought one of the Trooper chest pieces - because BW in their infinite wisdom have made it virtually impossible to look like a Trooper before level 20 or so without going to the Trade Network or Market.

Apart from that, I'm not going to buy anything for the forseeable future. Maybe if there are basic hood down Jedi Robes (cheap) but on the other hand, basic gear like this should be in the game, anyway...