One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Surprise us. Gives us more information now. Or don't you even know yourselves?

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really matter what you call it anymore - people are unsubbing over it. I simply consider it sad.

And as with any new announcement ever.. there are also people resubbing over it. Yet, they arent the attention wh*res who feel a need to proclaim it over 5 different avenues when they do.

So by your logic MoP is a content patch and not a expansion right?

It had a whole new zone to explore, 5 new levels. kinda just like SWTOR....

This is a comparsion you propably don't wanna make. Mists of Pandaria brought new race, new class. Nine new Flashpoints, three new operations. New challenge mode to do them flashpoints with,new warzone, new dumb mini game, new game features.

we might very well be getting a new WZ, OP, even a new race. simple fact is we don't know yet,

Oh we might! We might also get guild ships and free roaming space moon from sky in our inv and...

At this point, you are free to hope for anything you like. Y

Unlike me, you are feeling optimistic about rise of th Hutt Cartel. Yet, even you end up saying things like " we might very well get a new OP" Does this not bother you at all? You see nothing wrong with this picture? LvL cap is increased so this expansion is aimed to people who have reached end game in TOR. Yet, they speak literally nothing about new end game content being added.

Obviously not everything has been revealed about this " expansion:D" yet. So I might get proven wrong here. I hope I'm being overly negative, pessimistic about this. It might be Makeb has tons of meat underneath the skin.

...But come on. Launch is less than six months away. Maybe it is reasonable to assume we are about 4 months from being able play it? We don't know all there is to know about this self proclaimed expansion yet. However, at this stage at least Bioware has perfectly accurate picture about it's main features, eah? Yet, they announce a feature listing that looks like this:

• More adventures in Star Wars Galaxy!

• You can talk to people!

• There will be Hutt mobs to kill!!!

• Lvl cap increase so you can't skip this one, Johnny!

• We give 99.999% disciount to people who want to play TOR!! People who do not want to play TOR must pay a lot of money for this expansion!!It costts YOU only 10 dollah!! People who do not want it have to pay 10000 dollah!! Thats a fair discount right!!

No mention of new OPs, new flashpoints. They increase lvl cap and so far have not even hinted of anything new to do once you reach it. There is not one single mention or even a hint of new features being added to game. Everything on feature list suggests this is essentally an experience similar to visiting Beslavis. That you have to pay 10 dollah for. Well, Beslavis ofc had class stories advancing.

Give time for more information to come to us before hitting the boards with meaningless speculation,

There is an official announcment worth of info already available. Does it now make sense people make decisions and speculate based on the info available? Bioware has perfectly accurate picture of what will and will not be in this expansion. Yet, the "big guns" they announce this with are that it is a Planet like Tatooine and that you can do quests in it. It makes sense people calibrate their expectations based on what is and is not said on that page.

Of course, not all there is to reveal has been fevealed yet. I might get proven wrong here. I hope I'm being overly

negative and pessimistic here. It might be Makeb has tons of meat underneath the skin.

Having said that, when feature list of coming expansion looks like this some four months before it's release:

* More adventures in Star Wars Galaxy!

* You can talk to people!

* There will be Hutt mobs to kill!!!

* Lvl cap increase so you can't skip this one, Johnny!

* We give 99.999% disciount to people who want to play TOR!! Peoplewho do not want to play TOR must pay a lot of money for this expansion!!It costts YOU only 10 dollah!! People who do not want it would have to pay 10000 dollah!! Thats fair right!! Like.Steam fair!!!

.....Then I'd say it is wise to start calibrating them expectations.

Edited by Stradlin

I was doing Operations with my guild tonight, and I started talking about how people on the forums are angry about RotHC. They asked why and I explained the reasons, and as I finished explaining them I realized how silly it all sounds. Needless to say we're all looking forward to it.

I certainly have points in which I would call it quits and I've talked about it with my GM and we're on the same page. But this definitely isn't it.

in case anyone forgot what James ohlen said at E3 in june this year:

Makeb is NOT an expansion pack.

From the SWTOR game director himself.

Of course Bioscrooge hid him away in a closet and launched the cartel market since then.

MOAR MONEY. MOOOAAAAAARRRRR.

It wasnt then, who know what they will be adding now, and if it is the same who cares its more content then a content patch usally has, and just because its digital download also doesn mean thats its no less an expansion, since i do believe they said that there wouldnt be a Boxed Expansion unless it was beyond "resonable expectations" . this could mean just to large a download file to expect people to down load. i.e. swtor it self.

Now if it comes out and it doesnt have the content to justify it being a expansion, then we can pass judgment, but with 3 months to spring and a possible 4 month window for it to be launched (since the calander year of sprin is march 20 - june 2013, and the finacial spring "Q3" is i believe is april to june.

Edited by Bounty_

Of course Bioscrooge hid him away in a closet and launched the cartel market since then.

So things change since June.. Like F2P for instance.. I fail to see why anyone would cry about this... You all wanted F2P.. That changed the game.. I think folks need to live with the consequences of what they asked for..

Were you aware that this was the 1 year anniversary for this game??? It is also the christmas season.. How about a little more cheer??

I don't see any mention of Mists of Pandaria giving 30 days of free game time. Can you point me to that info?

Also, Mists of Pandaria requires a WoW sub to play so by our logic it actually costs $55. Your logic is foolish but just thought I'd correct on you on the cost according to you.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Mists-Pandaria-PC-Mac/dp/B0050SZBP6

$55? Try $20. So now it's the EXACT SAME PRICE as the new expansion for SWTOR. LOL

But it comes with like 10 times more stuff.

Excellent post.

I don't see any mention of Mists of Pandaria giving 30 days of free game time. Can you point me to that info?

Also, Mists of Pandaria requires a WoW sub to play so by our logic it actually costs $55. Your logic is foolish but just thought I'd correct on you on the cost according to you.

Also, follow the "upgrade account" link on your battle.net account, it will tell you that if upgrade your account now you will receive 30 days of free game time.

Also they are running a special promo where you can receive vanilla, BC and wrath WITH 30 days of game time for $5...

You can literally buy all five games for $45 and it comes with 60 days of game time if you upgrade them one at a time, I should know, I just set this up for my fiance.

All five games for $45 comes with 60 days of game time by upgrading through battle.net

http://us.battle.net/en/int?r=wow

Buy JUST MoP with 30 days of game time $20.00

http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Mists-Pandaria-PC-Mac/dp/B0050SZBP6

But if you can prove YOUR numbers are right then I'm sure you can with links or whatever, you're totally not just pulling numbers out of your butt right?

Edited by Durasturan

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

In every MMO I've ever heard of...expansions ALWAYS cost money whether you are a subscriber or not. BW won't be able to keep producing new content if they don't have the money for it.

In every MMO I've ever heard of...expansions ALWAYS cost money whether you are a subscriber or not. BW won't be able to keep producing new content if they don't have the money for it.

But in those expansions, dont charge for "new abilitys" that Current NPC's already have.

at :41, That "new ability". NPC's in Section X already have.

But hey...It is only $9.99.:o

That says 39.96.

I know some people hate to admit they're wrong, but you're taking this to a whole new level man.

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

by Blizzard Entertainment

Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / XP, Mac | Rated: Teen

3.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (139 customer reviews) | Like (284)

List Price: $39.99

Price: $19.99

You Save: $20.00 (50%)

In Stock.

I know some people hate to admit they're wrong, but you're taking this to a whole new level man.

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

by Blizzard Entertainment

Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / XP, Mac | Rated: Teen

3.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (139 customer reviews) | Like (284)

List Price: $39.99

Price: $19.99

You Save: $20.00 (50%)

In Stock.

Just wait. Once they find out the "new ability" is an ability the current NPC's already have.:o

Just wait. Once they find out the "new ability" is an ability the current NPC's already have.:o

I know dude. I just don't get this. I've provided like 3 links, screen shots, actual hard visual evidence. And all I get is "NUH UH!!!!!!"

It's like some people just can't possibly believe that they're getting scrrwed.

Pretty sure MoP was originally $39.99 and, like most games/expansions, dropped after a while. RotHC is $9.99 to start. Do the math.

is that with a discount, ow i think it is, so you save $10 woop, you cant even buy the xmas mount with that, ow wait the xmas mount is more then the expansion for subscribers :D

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Sounds great, just please give us frequent updates like every two weeks or something. Not once a month.

I know dude. I just don't get this. I've provided like 3 links, screen shots, actual hard visual evidence. And all I get is "NUH UH!!!!!!"

It's like some people just can't possibly believe that they're getting scrrwed.

Its not that they can't. The don't want to. Its fear that if the don't put up with it, they will shut the game down.

But when I face an NPC in Section:X with my soon to come "new ability" and I point this out...I'm just hating?:o

Edited by Taorus

Pretty sure MoP was originally $39.99 and, like most games/expansions, dropped after a while. RotHC is $9.99 to start. Do the math.

... I'm pretty sure that super mario 3 was 59.99 when I bought it in 1990. Doesn't mean that Angry Birds can charge that same price now. See how non-sequitars work?

MoP costs 20.00 to buy right now

Swtor "expac" will cost 20.00. Do the math.

When you buy a real boxed expansion pack you usually get one month of game time included. Imo this is DLC. I want my expansions as a box. I´m old fasioned that way, i know. I would be more inclined to buy a boxed expansion incl. 1 month gametime for 25$ than this skimpy looking DLC. I might end up buying this anyways, i dont know. I´ve kinda lost confidence in EAware. I like swtor, but the bugs and lagg and disconnects are ruining my fun.

When you buy a real boxed expansion pack you usually get one month of game time included. Imo this is DLC. I want my expansions as a box. I´m old fasioned that way, i know. I would be more inclined to buy a boxed expansion incl. 1 month gametime for 25$ than this skimpy looking DLC. I might end up buying this anyways, i dont know. I´ve kinda lost confidence in EAware. I like swtor, but the bugs and lagg and disconnects are ruining my fun.

If RotHC came with game time, level cap, new class, new race, new zone, class quests, new game systems, new abilities, new story, 3 raids, 9 zones, 6 flash points, 2 warzones, 2 arenas and a whole new tier of gear for both pvp and pve than I would certainly pay $40.

I completely agree, I want my expansion as a box, I want a real expansion. I'll pay for that. But I don't want this watered down over priced piece of crud.