So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Lucyfer_Infinity

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the SWTOR expansion is not a ripoff.

Here is why.

The WOW Burning Crusade, the first and best WOW expansion, was $50 at retail when it came out.

Now if the planet Makeb is the size of the later planets in SWTOR, such as Voss, then it would be a good deal. This is because Voss is a little over one fifth the size of landmass as what was sold in the WOW Burning Crusade expansion. One fifth the size would make the $9.99 deal for subs a price at fair market value.

Also, increasing the level by five levels will also allow for more fun with hybrid talent tree builds. This was the true fun of WOW expansions until Blizzard foolishly destroyed hybrid builds.

Burning crusades added new races, new starting zones and a new continent with multiple zones, new crafting, new raids, new dungeons, a new battleground etc etc etc, this is a new planet, this is all we know. We dont know what else is in it apart from that, so to justify the price we need to know what is in it and a planet even if its the size of voss isnt enough.

Edited by Shingara

Burning crusades added new races, new starting zones and a new continent with multiple zones, new crafting, new raids, new dungeons, a new battleground etc etc etc, this is a new planet, this is all we know. We dont know what else is in it apart from that, so to justify the price we need to know what is in it and a planet even if its the size of voss isnt enough.
If the SWTOR expansion is one fifth the size, then one fifth the price is fair.

Cathar race is reportedly coming. We have already gotten new battlegrounds, new raids, and new dungeons already.

I will admit there is no new starting zones.

I think it's fair to say that the Cathar are going to be in there as well as a new tier 2 HM.

I think it's fair to say that the Cathar are going to be in there as well as a new tier 2 HM.

Didn't they already say Cathar are going straight to the cartel market? Pretty sure they did in a podcast or something. There was a tiny uproar about it on the forums.

That means it won't be in this 'expansion' and we'll have to pay separate for that joy as well.

Because paying for an Expansion is so unheard of! I mean it's not like certain other MMOs do that...

....oh wait...

oh wait.. this is a add-on it is not an expansion i could give a rat's furry *** as to what EA /Bioware Label it as I also don't care that it was harder for them to do and was alot more work cause they fired all there employees.. not my problem .... 1 planet +5 levels/skills is not and expansion

compare it to any other expansion for any other MMO and see if you still want to call it that

If the SWTOR expansion is one fifth the size, then one fifth the price is fair.

Cathar race is reportedly coming. We have already gotten new battlegrounds, new raids, and new dungeons already.

I will admit there is no new starting zones.

You miss understand me, for this to be an expantion for subscribers then it needs to be justified based on people who have invested for a solid year and when this comes out a year and 3 months ish, F2P players ye sure, make em pay for a huge content patch but with only a planet that is all this is, a patch.

What has been put into the game already has already been bought for with subscriptions so why is this any different. If the secret space project is in this then fair do's but if its not then its simply a way to force more money out of subscribers for a service they are already paying for.

Which takes you to the point of what is the point of being a subscriber/

Edited by Shingara

Didn't they already say Cathar are going straight to the cartel market? Pretty sure they did in a podcast or something. There was a tiny uproar about it on the forums.

That means it won't be in this 'expansion' and we'll have to pay separate for that joy as well.

It will be $10 for makeb

probably $15 for cather

$10 for character recustomizations

$15 for dual spec unlocks

etc etc etc

By the time you piece part together a real expansion, people will be nickle and dimed out of $100+ dollars. The funny part is at each release they will be sitting on the forums going "GEEZ WHINERS ITS ONLY $10"

^ prediction for 6mo from now.

It will be $10 for makeb

probably $15 for cather

etc etc etc

By the time you piece part together a real expansion, people will be nickle and dimed out of $100+ dollars. The funny part is at each release they will be sitting on the forums going "GEEZ WHINERS ITS ONLY $10"

And this my friends is why I am out. Calling Makeb an "expansion" is the last straw. Adding 5 new levels without new endgame content and without class storylines is the last straw. Putting Cathar on the Cartel Market is the last straw. I'm so sick of Jeff Hickman's EAWare Austin.

It will be $10 for makeb

probably $15 for cather

etc etc etc

The sad thing is this is highly likely to happen. :(

Goddamnit EA.

Makeb is not an expansion it's DLC for a subscription MMO and I will never pay for "mini expansions" those should be called content patch and should be free.

WE ARE NOT GOUGING BUT WE ARE CHARGING,well go charge someone else have a nice day.

It will be $10 for makeb

probably $15 for cather

etc etc etc

This is most likely what will happen....

And you will be told to save you CC for content..... And when you tell them that you think they wont let you use cc for things......you will be called a hater......

Welcome to Nickle and Dime, and where you are a hater for voicing your opinion.

It will be $10 for makeb

probably $15 for cather

etc etc etc

Perfectly said... except....

$20 Character Transfers

(remember those free character consolidation transfers we've been waiting on for 8 months or more)

Isn't this exactly what people were so concerned about happening with the introduction of the F2P option? If you ask me, the Hutt Cartel has already risen and is kicking our butts.

But then, I'm still curious why a speeder or the Jedi Robes re-released today cost as much or more than the "expansion?" Most of the purchasable outfits cost as much or more than the "expansion." It's a rhetorical musing, really. It's just another sign that the above quoted statements are the future of this game.

I just think it's a sad state of affairs when one outfit has a greater value than a planet-full of quests and 5 more character levels.

Can someone show me the quote where they state the Thundercat race will be purchased by subscribers, please? I neither want a Khajiit nor do I doubt they will charge us extra for it. I'd just like to see it.

Edited by InnerPieces