So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Lucyfer_Infinity

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you folks spent even 1/10 of the time you spent complaining about this doing something to earn money, you would realize how utterly trivial $10 really is.

If you spend half the time it took you to type out this responce, you'd know it wasn't about $10.

If you folks spent even 1/10 of the time you spent complaining about this doing something to earn money, you would realize how utterly trivial $10 really is.

Its not trivial when your paying a sub and have to pay more then f2p players, its not trivial when bioware said subscribers would get makeb and the 5 levels within the subscription costs.

Edited by Shingara

I remember paying in EQ2 for little Adventure packs like Bloodline Chronicles from 4.99 to 7.99. And these were really small adventure packs.

Makeb is huge comparing to this.

I don't see a reason why they should give it out for free... It's new new planet (aka continent) , it has new level cap.

I think that $9.99 is a very reasonable price for subscribers.

We all want more content coming - right? Then stop complaining and make it happen by supporting the game.

I already pre-orderred.

Edited by Evensong

I remember paying in EQ2 for little Adventure packs like Bloodline Chronicles from 4.99 to 7.99. And these were really small adventure packs.

I don't see a reason why they should give it out for free... It's new new planet (aka continent) , it has new level cap.

We all want more content coming - right? Then stop complaining and make it happen by supporting the game.

I already pre-orderred.

Really though, what are we going to do with these extra 5 levels we aren't already doing? It's another planet with a planet story arc. And don't throw the "They said theyll add more later" garbage because let's be honest here, EAware hasn't exactly been honest with us often at all.

F2P players have to pay more for less? Because they'll only get access to the story content without additional unlocks.

Now this would have been the perfect opportunity to make F2P the right way. New content for free to subscribers and a small cost for F2P players.

Then remove some of the retarded restrictions and continue making content instead of finding new ways to piss off your customers.

I'm a sub btw and I gotta say this is getting beyond a joke now.

Edited by Erishumlol

Really though, what are we going to do with these extra 5 levels we aren't already doing? It's another planet with a planet story arc. And don't throw the "They said theyll add more later" garbage because let's be honest here, EAware hasn't exactly been honest with us often at all.

Agreed, I used to say Nexon is the worst gaming company, but at least Nexon is honest with the playerbase!!!

To clarify all of the confusement.. In this video there has been stated that Makeb will be the biggest, NON-EXPANSION PACK piece of content ever released. So, I am very disapointed they will put this into a Expansion Pack, where they first said they wouldn't do that.

http://starwarstorguide.blogspot.dk/2012/12/pre-order-makeb-its-supposed-to-be-free.html Just around 5 minutes they start talking about Makeb.

James Ohlen belongs at EA he's about as truthful and money hungry as them. I mean seriously as someone who has come back to resub just to pay more than a f2p is just distasteful. The price isn't the problem the lack of respect you have for you're customer is.

F2P players have to pay more for less? Because they'll only get access to the story content without additional unlocks.

Now this would have been the perfect opportunity to make F2P the right way. New content for free to subscribers and a small cost for F2P players.

Then remove some of the retarded restrictions and continue making content instead of finding new ways to piss off your customers.

I'm a sub btw and I gotta say this is getting beyond a joke now.

Their playing for free. FREE! so they gotta pay an extra $10 for new content. I fail to see the issue

well you aren't leveling your level 50 characters so that's something new.

Of course you haven't' been honest either.

James Ohlen belongs at EA he's about as truthful and money hungry as them. I mean seriously as someone who has come back to resub just to pay more than a f2p is just distasteful. The price isn't the problem the lack of respect you have for you're customer is.

yes and that was made BEFORE the announcement to go Free 2 Play. After the announcement they said they aren't sure if they will charge or not. You had to be foolish to think they wouldn't be charging for Makeb after it went F2P.

Their playing for free. FREE! so they gotta pay an extra $10 for new content. I fail to see the issue

An issue I can see is the fact that you cannot purchase the expansion via cartel coins, why buy coins when you cant even expand the game with them? Quite a bizarre stance from bioware but given how poorly they implemented f2p not a surprise.

well you aren't leveling your level 50 characters so that's something new.

Of course you haven't' been honest either.

Yes, because the 1 thing this game has left to do is level alts they thought it was a great idea for us to just level all the 50s we have too with once again, nothing to do after we get there. Sounds amazing!

LohL @ me not being honest, I must have hit a nerve with you at some point in time, who are you again and why should I care?

$15/month for subscription, plus another $10 for purchase of content update = $25.

Free-to-Play purchase of content update = $20.

For all of the 'General Genius' people who really think they are getting a great deal.

Actually, $15 + $10 - $5 (cartel coin stipend) = $20

So, they work out to being about the same.

An issue I can see is the fact that you cannot purchase the expansion via cartel coins, why buy coins when you cant even expand the game with them? Quite a bizarre stance from bioware but given how poorly they implemented f2p not a surprise.

Yeah, this is definitely a ripoff. It's a blatant move to force subbed players to pay extra money instead of using their free coins.

Remember people, you aren't a customer if you don't pay for anything. In fact, you're in no place to demand a single thing from Bioware.

And apparently most people can't do math, since when did 10 equal 15?

Problem is that you pay $20 for one planet and five levels worth of content, when we paid $/€50 for a game with fifty levels and over ten planets worth of content. I don't feel it quite adds up. An expansion pack should cover a whole new chapter of your personal story rather than just the start of it. And if we do get a whole chapter that happens on that single planet it'd be pretty laughable.

Its not trivial when your paying a sub and have to pay more then f2p players, its not trivial when bioware said subscribers would get makeb and the 5 levels within the subscription costs.

At this point, anything Bioware's devs say should be taken with a grain of salt. ;)

Actually, $15 + $10 - $5 (cartel coin stipend) = $20

So, they work out to being about the same.

Wow. Sorry you math is off. The Cartel stipend is part of your sub, not on top of it.

$14.99(Cartel stipend inc) + $9.99 is $24.99.

Edited by Taorus

I already pre-orderred.

Yea released in 2005 and only 2 of them 3 months apart. Then Sony realized it was a really stupid idea and completely did away with them and give them for free to everyone now...

So your saying that Bioware is awesome cause its using a failed idea from 2005 - What a great position you have!

Wow. Sorry you math is off. The Cartel stipend is part or you sub not on top of it.

$14.99(Cartel stipend inc) + $9.99 is $24.99.

It's $14.99 for the sub. They GIVE you over $5 in free coins each month. So, you're actually paying less than $10 for your sub. F2Pers and subs alike have to pay $4.99 for 450 coins. This acts gives the coins monetary value. So, no, my math was good. Your way of thinking is what's a miss.

Edited by Galbatorrix