Cartel Pack gear is not as advertised - please address Bioware!

Kualan

I couldn't find another thread addressing this, so here goes!

The images and screenshots that Bioware use to advertise its Cartel Packs both on this website and in-game do not accurately show what the items in question look like. The main offenders to this are the Spymaster, Preceptor and Phantom item sets.

They have the base 'mesh' correct, and it is textured as it is in the screenshot. However, all the extra "bits" attached to the outfit, the smaller additional meshes such as the Spymaster chestpiece's body armour, the Spymaster helmet's comm tech, the Preceptor's shoulder pads and the Phantom robe's accessories, are not there.

To see what I mean, compare the following:

What the game advertises the Preceptor and Phantom items to look like in-game: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/image.png

What they actually look like:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/swtor-perceptor-set.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/swtor-phantom-armor.jpg

Again, for the Spymaster set, it is advertised as having additional meshes to the helmet and chestpiece in-game: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/image42.png

But lacks them in-game:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spymasterhelm1.jpg

I don't believe Bioware has intentionally cheated us, and that this is a genuine mistake on their part. Somehow, the base meshes for the chestpieces have been put into the game correctly, but the meshes for the additional accessories (possibly because of the fast-tracked pace they have set themselves to keep the Market updated) are not be inputted correctly.

Could we get clarification on this please? And, hopefully, an assurance that it will be fixed in the near future?

Edited by Kualan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really say for sure but the images from the advertisement are on male bodies, your ingame shots are on female bodies, there are some differences with many armors between genders.

again I can't say for sure that's what you are seeing, but it could be.

I can't really say for sure but the images from the advertisement are on male bodies, your ingame shots are on female bodies, there are some differences with many armors between genders.

again I can't say for sure that's what you are seeing, but it could be.

Ah, so they remove shoulders to make the female version lamer/less epic?

If so, GG Bioware...

Edited by Stenrik

Bioware and their false advertisement. How often have we seen Hood-down Jedi Battlelord Armor when it's only available with hood up in the game in their promo pictures? Or screenshots with much higher resolution textures and higher polygon models than there are available in the game (even in cutscenes)? Way too often. Edited by Glzmo

Just out of curiosity, before buying, did you click the preview button on the armor? Did the preview look like the sample art on the Cartel pack image?

Curious to know because that was, to my mind, a bigger bug--and one that I *think* they fixed--where previews were doing goofy things like simulating hood-down options instead of what they actually looked like in-game.

Edited by Journeyer

Yeah and while you are at it, write a comment about McDonalds pictures on the menu... the burgers are all 4 inches thick and when you get your cheeseburger it's just a bun with some flimsy meat in it... Ad's are not always true to what items look like in real life, otherwise no one would buy them :-)

(Don't take it all so seriously, it's just a game)

Haha, the Big Mac analogy is a good one, but if I can use it to counter; yes, a Big Mac might not look as good as it does in the picture, but you still get everything in that picture. You get a slab of meat, two pieces of bread bun, a piece of lettuce, a slice of cheese etc.

With this, it is like they'e shown us a Big Mac but forgotten to include the cheese and lettuce. Sure, they're not the best part of the meal, but it would be nice if we could find out why they didn't put them in.

EDIT: Also, it says Bioware has posted in this thread yet I can't see their message. Darn!

Edited by Kualan

MacDonald's burgers don't look like the advertisements.

...But they should. In fact, I think there were some laws passed a few years back (I live in Canada) that said companies must use the actual product in their advertisements, specifically to address fast food joints using plastic models instead of real food in commercials.

You know, BioWare isn't really doing a good job of endearing the idea of a cash shop to us. What's next, giving us cartel packs instead of a Christmas event? Oh, right...

-Macheath.

Edited by Macheath

Now that I'm looking again, and have received a Reven's Chestpiece, which happens to look rather precisely like ont of the outfits shown there.... I'm beginning to think that OP might be mistaking a similar-looking non-fancy piece of gear for a piece of gear that I just got in a cartel pack. Has the shoulder ruffles and everything.

Now that I'm looking again, and have received a Reven's Chestpiece, which happens to look rather precisely like ont of the outfits shown there.... I'm beginning to think that OP might be mistaking a similar-looking non-fancy piece of gear for a piece of gear that I just got in a cartel pack. Has the shoulder ruffles and everything.

Of the three pieces in the picture for the Blockade Runner's Pack, only the Revan's Chestpiece looks like it is portrayed in the advertisement. The other two sets are missing several accessory meshes.