scoundrel cover

Raansu

I could understand if they were physically behind cover, but them crouching in the middle of an area and blocking leap is absolute BS. Gunslingers have a screen so it makes sense, but a scoundrel is sitting behind nothing. I don't mind them keeping that mechanic, but at least make them have to actually be behind cover for it to work.

I could understand if they were physically behind cover, but them crouching in the middle of an area and blocking leap is absolute BS. Gunslingers have a screen so it makes sense, but a scoundrel is sitting behind nothing. I don't mind them keeping that mechanic, but at least make them have to actually be behind cover for it to work.

I hadn't noticed that mechanic myself, cuz I only went into "cover" while leveling. and it did, in fact, automatically roll me over to the nearest "thing" to take cover behind.

I hadn't noticed that mechanic myself, cuz I only went into "cover" while leveling. and it did, in fact, automatically roll me over to the nearest "thing" to take cover behind.

You have two skills, "crouch" and "take cover". Crouch just crouches you where you are ignoring roll locations, while providing you cover. Take cover is what rolls you to the nearest cover point. You can use either and they give the same benefit. I personally prefer crouch because I HATE being rolled into a mob or closer to an enemy or out of los of a target and crouch offers more control.

ah. that would explain it. although it tells you where it would roll you.. so it's not like you do it blind. anyway...OT. :o

No but if you wanna crouch now and right where you are you have to scroll the camera around and/or wander around till the roll option goes away which kills you in PvP (and FP's/Ops)

Covering in place is useless unless you are behind something, you don't get your shining green shield over the bad guys, which means they can jump to you.

Cover mechanic is one of the things that actually distinguishes good sawbones from bad ones.

Covering in place is useless unless you are behind something, you don't get your shining green shield over the bad guys, which means they can jump to you.

Cover mechanic is one of the things that actually distinguishes good sawbones from bad ones.

Except your wrong on the first part, only leap that works on a scoundrel in cover is zelous leap. Ur right on the second part good sawbones do drop into cover whenever they use a spell with a cast time.

Except your wrong on the first part, only leap that works on a scoundrel in cover is zelous leap. Ur right on the second part good sawbones do drop into cover whenever they use a spell with a cast time.

Yeah but i don't think you get cover from just crouching. It's explained pretty well here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=4749

You need something between you and them when you crouch, else it's useless.

Edited by Spoletta

Yeah but i don't think you get cover from just crouching. It's explained pretty well here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=4749

You need something between you and them when you crouch, else it's useless.

Sigh* I get the impression you mean well but again ur wrong. Crouching will give you the cover bonus leap immunity. Actualy finding solid cover will give you the ranged (not tech or force) defense bonus. Clear on it now?

Sigh* I get the impression you mean well but again ur wrong. Crouching will give you the cover bonus leap immunity. Actualy finding solid cover will give you the ranged (not tech or force) defense bonus. Clear on it now?

i am not sure if its a ranged defense bonus. That's what snipers get from their portable cover. When you get into hard cover it's something else (never used it though) but i am not mistaken, you get 0 damage from all ranged attacks if you are not channeling/activating any ability.

This is patently unfair on smash specs, who should be able to leap and smash whenever and wherever they wish, and I demand you nerf me immediately.

Oh, and make sure to keep bubblestun on everyone too while you're at it, that was a great change for dps sco/ops who had it too easy beforehand.

edit: yes, I'm being negative and sarcastic. I just listened to a dev interview where they're "happy" with class balance, I can't help myself.

Edited by Wainamoinen

You can still use Obliterate / Zealous leap on them, whats your problem?

I always thought it was wrong. :rolleyes:

This is very strange crouched-"cover". Even tooltip does not describe that you can't jump on THIS "cover". :confused:

Read Force Charge/Leaps tooltip and come again

Edited by Masarko

Are you really sure of this? That guide says otherwise, you only get leap immunity from hard cover. If it works even with crouching it makes no sense, so yeah i'm totally positive to removing that.

Although i was sure that warrior that circled my cover could jump at me, but maybe they were 10m leaps and i didn't notice.

Are you really sure of this? That guide says otherwise, you only get leap immunity from hard cover. If it works even with crouching it makes no sense, so yeah i'm totally positive to removing that.

Although i was sure that warrior that circled my cover could jump at me, but maybe they were 10m leaps and i didn't notice.

He is correct.

Taking cover behind something solid will grant you leap immunity AND the ranged defense bonus (20%?).

Crouching in place will ONLY grant you leap immunity. (Apart from zealous leap)

Both will allow you to use cover-only abilities.

If you take away our cover you cut our dps considerably

1.) explosive probe - gone

2.) snipe - gone

3.) leap immunity - gone

You won't be hurting healers so much as the dps counterparts. This is an ability that is annoying to noobs. It's a L2P issue, come on, any attack basically knocks us out of it

He is correct.

Taking cover behind something solid will grant you leap immunity AND the ranged defense bonus (20%?).

Crouching in place will ONLY grant you leap immunity. (Apart from zealous leap)

Both will allow you to use cover-only abilities.

Then as a sawbone that makes full use of cover any time he can let me say this: remove this NOW, leap immunity on command is really too much, and to think that i always fought around hard cover just for this...

I like how people never read anything and always assume everything. For starters, I don't play smash spec. My juggernaut is generally always in a hybrid 18/23/0 spec and my sentinel will always be watchmen spec. I respec to smash when I'm bored, other then that, I generally don't care for the spec.

As far as cover goes, if any of you bothered to read what I said, I'm not asking to remove the mechanic, I'm asking to add some damn logic to it. Gunslingers have a screen, so it makes sense for them to have the leap immunity (especially since they are a ranged character). A scoundrel crouched out in the open field blocking leap makes absolutely no sense (especially considering they are mostly a melee character). Being physically behind cover and blocking leap makes sense and should still be part of the mechanic if someone physically goes behind cover, but that's about it.

That doesn't bother me. When I see them running around, and still get the "target is in cover" message, then I get annoyed.

I like how people never read anything and always assume everything. For starters, I don't play smash spec. My juggernaut is generally always in a hybrid 18/23/0 spec and my sentinel will always be watchmen spec. I respec to smash when I'm bored, other then that, I generally don't care for the spec.

As far as cover goes, if any of you bothered to read what I said, I'm not asking to remove the mechanic, I'm asking to add some damn logic to it. Gunslingers have a screen, so it makes sense for them to have the leap immunity (especially since they are a ranged character). A scoundrel crouched out in the open field blocking leap makes absolutely no sense (especially considering they are mostly a melee character). Being physically behind cover and blocking leap makes sense and should still be part of the mechanic if someone physically goes behind cover, but that's about it.

Would have to agree. If they are just crouching down there is no reason you should not be able to leap to them. If they are behind acutal cover, yes they should be protected. Should they still be able to use thier snipe and other "cover only" abilities? Yes, but they should not get leap immunity unless they are behind cover. Mind you this is coming from someone who has a Jug but only uses them pve and I do have an Operative that I do PvP with so this would not benifit me in any way shape or form.