Whatever happened to Ashoka Tano?

Wraithe_Oza

As a certified lore nut, I have collected, read and enjoyed all aspects of the SW universe. Hell, I'm 41 and even enjoy the 'inbetween' of the Clone Wars animated series (Even bought all 4 sets on Blu-Ray)

The series is my focus, as is the tied in lore that it often entertains with regular canon. Many people I have conversed with believe that the whole thing is seperate from the regular canon, but to anyone who has watched the animated series is simply just not true. My main love is the history and lore of Mandalore and the Mandalorian culture, which is fascinating all throughout the animated series all the way up to the last set of 'canon' novels, (I give Karen Traviss much credit for fleshing out the Mandos and clones throughout all her writings.)

But I'm off track. Ashoka is one of my favorite characters, and her species is one of my favorites too. I recently picked up the hardback copy of The Jedi Path, which is a sort of manual supposedly passed around. In the margins are notes written by many many Jedi, some even from the main canons past. With ashoka making notations alongside these other Masters, and Knights, I believe shes fully integrated.

My question is: Did she survive the Order 66 Purge? I have just about every novel written in the main lore, a moutain of books. I'm only missing less than 20. What I dont read or collect are the comic books that are very popular, and there are many different titles.

Does anyone who religiously reads and keeps up with the lore like me that reads the comics of perhaps a book that may shed some light on what happened to her? Even in the "book" lore, events that happened in some Dark Horse comics are referenced. (Such as Lukes once turn to the dark side when the Emporer returned as a clone)

I just can't see Anakin destroying Ashoka, especially during his inital turn.

Anyone have any answers? And yes, I am a supernerd.

Edited by Wraithe_Oza

I could go into a long post about lore and history and the character and all that, but that would be pointless. So I'll make it rather simple, because I'm sure a lot of people will say the same thing.

We don't know for certain what happens, we can only assume things.

Having been created for the Clone Wars series, we have yet to learn of Tano's fate. If we do not learn by the end of this current season then we will know in the second TCW movie. At this point the only people who know are the ones working on the show.

She dies before Anakin goes dark, or she is one of the jedis selected for the "outbound fight " project which I think took place during the clone wars. Thats my best guess for her fate. But I'm hoping that she choose to leave the orderfor personal reason.

Outbound Flight actually take place before the Clone Wars started. It wouldn't make much sense to send the majority of the Jedi's strength out on a mission to explore unknown space during the middle of a war where you would quite possibly drift into enemy territory.

The mere fact that she is never even mentioned in the prequel films is irrelevant, because she didn't exist in the original stories. She was made up for the tv series, so more than likely she'll be killed off by the end of them, thereby fueling Anakin's anger even moreso and not contradicting the prequels' storyling any more than the tv series already have. heh.

For me, if it wasn't for the 2 on 1 fight with Dooku in Episode 3, where it's definitely implied they haven't encountered each other since the end of Episode 2, the tv series would fit in nicely and there'd be no beefs.

I personally like Ahsoka at times, but she should be killed off, not turned or something.

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping that someone who read the comics would know for sure. I guess it's just speculation, thats what I get from many of your replies.

Honestly, some of you are probably right about her going to die. Shame. Shes an interesting character and well, as Skywalkers padawan, shes pretty ******.

I'm gonna go through my Blu-Ray, I could swear I saw an episode where she saw herself as an older Jedi. /shrug

Thanks for the replies again dudes!

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping that someone who read the comics would know for sure. I guess it's just speculation, thats what I get from many of your replies.

Honestly, some of you are probably right about her going to die. Shame. Shes an interesting character and well, as Skywalkers padawan, shes pretty ******.

I'm gonna go through my Blu-Ray, I could swear I saw an episode where she saw herself as an older Jedi. /shrug

She saw herself as older yes, but that doesn't mean thats how she is going to turn out. Remember what Yoda said..

"Always in motion, the future is."

The future isn't set in stone.

Outbound Flight actually take place before the Clone Wars started. It wouldn't make much sense to send the majority of the Jedi's strength out on a mission to explore unknown space during the middle of a war where you would quite possibly drift into enemy territory.

Correct, Anakin is 14 in that book.

Also the book is sadly not considered part of canon, anyway.

My theory has always been that she will somehow become disgruntled with the order and just leave on her own. Hopefully with Ventress so we can see them both in Ep VII.

I agree with part 1 (she probably runs off or maybe falls to the darkside; and then is redeemed.

But I can almost guarentee you won't see them in ep. 7. It's gonna take place well after VI; she'll most likely be dead.

As a certified lore nut, I have collected, read and enjoyed all aspects of the SW universe. Hell, I'm 41 and even enjoy the 'inbetween' of the Clone Wars animated series (Even bought all 4 sets on Blu-Ray)

The series is my focus, as is the tied in lore that it often entertains with regular canon. Many people I have conversed with believe that the whole thing is seperate from the regular canon, but to anyone who has watched the animated series is simply just not true. My main love is the history and lore of Mandalore and the Mandalorian culture, which is fascinating all throughout the animated series all the way up to the last set of 'canon' novels, (I give Karen Traviss much credit for fleshing out the Mandos and clones throughout all her writings.)

But I'm off track. Ashoka is one of my favorite characters, and her species is one of my favorites too. I recently picked up the hardback copy of The Jedi Path, which is a sort of manual supposedly passed around. In the margins are notes written by many many Jedi, some even from the main canons past. With ashoka making notations alongside these other Masters, and Knights, I believe shes fully integrated.

My question is: Did she survive the Order 66 Purge? I have just about every novel written in the main lore, a moutain of books. I'm only missing less than 20. What I dont read or collect are the comic books that are very popular, and there are many different titles.

Does anyone who religiously reads and keeps up with the lore like me that reads the comics of perhaps a book that may shed some light on what happened to her? Even in the "book" lore, events that happened in some Dark Horse comics are referenced. (Such as Lukes once turn to the dark side when the Emporer returned as a clone)

I just can't see Anakin destroying Ashoka, especially during his inital turn.

Anyone have any answers? And yes, I am a supernerd.

I imagen that we will know at the end of this season if it is indeed the last one (Disney might disagree on that.)

However, here is a few different options that I can imagen.

1) She dies. Giving Anakin one more reason for wanting to prevent death,

2) She abandon the jedi order and go life with that boy she seems to be in love with in the series.

3) She fall to the dark side, and for some reason are not seen in the movie.

4) She become a jedi knight and therefore do not hang around with Anakin and Obi-One in episode III. If this is the case I can imagen that we might have an episode or two explaning what happens to her when order 66 happens, or we might subsequently have some novels or comics on this when the series is finihsed.

I personally hope for option 1,3 or 4. The whole thing about her falling to the dark side would make for a confusiong theem since it would have to match with episode III and Vader. Unless it happens before Anakin become Vader, and that she dies while being dark.

EDIT: If something like option 4 is picked and she survives order 66, just imagen what a good and emotional novel we could get from Darth Vader hunting her down.

Edited by Inzuher

Just watched those episodes. It was season 3 in the episodes "Overlords", "Altar of Mortis" and "Ghosts of Mortis" (Not sure which one though). It's also where we see the ghost of Qui Gon Jinn make an appearance as well.