Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why start an insult war in two threads no less when you're going to throw a tantrum when they counter?

Counter? I'm tired of people distracting from the topic and wasting time trying to prove that obviously estimated numbers are wrong. THAT'S his argument and it has NOTHING to do with the point?

Since we can't have a sensible conversation... I might as well have some fun with it. ;)

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Like who? The only Imp side twink I've seen who actively stays 49 is Discoinferno.

It's against the rules to name specific players, or I would. I happen to keep a TOS List (Troll on Sight) handy, and there are currently 15 names on it..recently down from 16 after one of them finally decided to hit 50.

One guy in particular has been 49 since at least June when I first encountered him when I started leveling my Marauder. I hit 50 at the end of June with that character and guess what? He was still 49 when I started my Commando a couple weeks ago. Given which guild this guy is from, I can't really say I'm surprised.

Uh, twinking is staying at the max level/gear of a bracket... in some games you don't have to leave because xp isn't given- in this game you do.

WoW for example- it gives xp now, but for years you could sit at level 19 with crusader enchants and three times the health of everyone else forever.

Frankly- BW allows this when they make the end of the match the only important part, and making points depend entirely on medals- medals which are grossly unbalanced in favour of tanks.

Did you know you get zero objective points in huttball for extricating a tank out of fire and across the finish line? For healing them through three guys beating on him so he gets the cap? For knocking three guys on your tank off the side of the ramp with overload? As a healer you have to stop healing, or grab the ball to get points- both of which are actually bad play most of the time.

Point is- the way you get xp/comms in this game causes a lot of problems more pressing than some harmless twinks.

Twinking is used in different ways. Some simply mean someone who maximizes their gear.

In WoW you could turn off xp as I recall. It was a legitimate part of the game.

It isn't legitimate in this game. And it is not harmless.

I don't see a problem with staying 49 forever. AFAIK it's not breaking any rules. Some people already have multiple 50s (I have four) doing the gear grind, that they don't want--or have the time--for another. Some people might be staying 49 because they want to pvp with their lowbie friends, especially now that f2p is out.

There's also no difference between the gaps in the sub 50 and 50 brackets, except that the sub 50 bracket DOES NOT matter. BW isn't going to balance the game or change anything because of something that happens in sub 50 pvp. So I don't see why people are whining about this issue.

Also, skill has nothing to do with why people choose to stay 49. Bads are rampant all over, whether they're in fully aug WH gear, or 49 twinks.

Edited by Smashbrother

Meh roll on a PvP server if you want less bads trying to get every advantage they can in rolling other bads. The "elite" PvP population on care bear servers like RP and PvE is made up of the rejects that couldn't face the competition on the PvP servers.

Or, you know, the people who rolled on those servers because they had friends there.

Since no serious PVPer would ever have friends with other priorities, amirite?

And no one ever comes from other MMOs that don't have significant PVP content, and thus have always played other types of competitive games (e.g. FPS games). Totally unreasonable to think that could ever happen.

Edited by Omophorus

Counter? I'm tired of people distracting from the topic and wasting time trying to prove that obviously estimated numbers are wrong. THAT'S his argument and it has NOTHING to do with the point?

Since we can't have a sensible conversation... I might as well have some fun with it. ;)

But, you're not using any real numbers either in your support of max level balance- ultimately both sides of this argument are going to rely on 'what it looks like' and 'how it feels' because there aren't enough numbers out there to form strong mathematical theories. Frankly- there are almost no real numbers out there, you don't find them in operations or top level pvp. Where's the SWTOR rankings system that actually shows how well classes are killing, ranking, etc...? Or the big guilds parsing damage numbers and showing them off?

The top players in ranked pvp systems tend to do all the number crunching- but this game is woefully lacking in that because nobody can take it seriously enough. I think we knew more about the actual numbers when the game was in its first few months than we do now.

U...WoW for example- it gives xp now, but for years you could sit at level 19 with crusader enchants and three times the health of everyone else forever.

Actually, unless they changed it with MoP, I haven't checked, you can pay 10g to turn off XP gain.

The big difference in WoW is that most of the true twinks I know were in twink guilds that PvP against other twink guilds in BGs, now Rated BGs. It is a complete playstyle where they spend countless hours farming for the best gear for their twink level and only enjoy PvPing against other twink guilds.

Most also have max level rated Arena teams. I know, my son was in a level 70 twink WoW guild for years. Most of this type player are very very good at PvP. My son for example was a multi-season Glad on various max level characters.

Recently he decided to level one of his twink toons to max by PvP. It is funny. He dominates even higher level characters so badly they accuse him of hacking. :p

Meh roll on a PvP server if you want less bads trying to get every advantage they can in rolling other bads. The "elite" PvP population on care bear servers like RP and PvE is made up of the rejects that couldn't face the competition on the PvP servers.

Because being on a pvp server makes you a better pvper? Griefing lowbies, right...

Twinking is used in different ways. Some simply mean someone who maximizes their gear.

In WoW you could turn off xp as I recall. It was a legitimate part of the game.

It isn't legitimate in this game. And it is not harmless.

If it wasn't legitimate, they'd give xp for kills- I believe in WoW you get xp for caps and kills so that you cannot do this unless you join the twink queue (twinks do get a separate queue from normal players).

SWTOR only gives xp at the end- they could easily give everyone xp/comms as they get medals- say, give 5 comms, blank xp dependant on level, etc... for every medal when you get it- then give the bonus however many at the end of the game. That would prevent twinking, would also reward people who get d/ced or bugged out.

BW has decided simply to not do that though- making it legitimate to leave before the game's end- this has been possible since day one, sorry, but if they don't 'fix' something like this in a year, it's not what they consider to be an exploit.

They should make some friends that can help them out. It's an MMO after all.

Since most of the rewards in this game come from playing warzones and open world pvp completley failed (ilum), i see no good reason for a new player to roll on a pvp server. Does not make you a better player at all, just means you picked a pvp server, nothing else.

I actually don't mind people twinking their toons(hey, lets them prepare for 50 and giving them an idea of what they'll need to min/max). I've helped my husband by crafting stuff he'll need to do it, or gathering the mats for him to make the stuff, because I have more time than him. I don't do it because I don't like to take the time to do it(ironic, considering I'm helping him LOL), I just want to get in the WZ's, level up my alts to 50, and just have fun, I don't need to be maxed out on gear at the low level to have fun:D

What I don't like are the types of people you are talking about, the high 40's that go into the warzones just to W T F-PWN anyone under lvl 25. I've seen them quite a bit(The Bastion) because I love to PvP and get in on it as soon as I can queue(and have my AC of course:D ). Though maybe not as much recently but I think that's only because my current pre-50 I'm PvP'ing with is lvl 47 and so they are avoiding me and going after the lowbies on my team. If I see them, I'll try and :eek: them up as much as possible. Of course, the drawback to being in the high 40's now is that I'll have teams of lowbies ganging up on me because they see my level and assume I'm one of those chuckleheads that like to go around W T F-PWN'ing those poor lowbies:rolleyes:

Edited by beattlebilly

I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated on these forums but NO FRESH 50 SHOULD EVER BE IN FULL RECRUIT. Also... IT'S SUPER EASY AND QUICK TO GET DECENT PVP GEAR.

If anyone has a hard time getting BM gear in less than 2 weeks... your problem is definitely NOT gear.

Agreed, especially if they are an Alt with a main that's already got their gear and nothing to spend rated and regular wz comms on:p Since they've raised the cap on rated and regular wz comms, it should be even easier to get some gear at 50. Lazily working on that on one of my alts:p

Since most of the rewards in this game come from playing warzones and open world pvp completley failed (ilum), i see no good reason for a new player to roll on a pvp server. Does not make you a better player at all, just means you picked a pvp server, nothing else.

You chose a PvE server because you can't handle the pressure and competition on a PvP server. People that don't like PvP are going to naturally flock to PvE servers. I don't see how you could get some real PvP going on a server full of people doing PvE as their primary past time. But if you like stealing candy from children I guess that's the server for you.

You chose a PvE server because you can't handle the pressure and competition on a PvP server. People that don't like PvP are going to naturally flock to PvE servers. I don't see how you could get some real PvP going on a server full of people doing PvE as their primary past time. But if you like stealing candy from children I guess that's the server for you.

It's just a ruleset for the open world. Nothing's really different about the game. Players are players.

Edited by RazielHex

Until Bioware fixes their horrendously dysfunctional and loophole filled PvP system answer with the only reasonable option you have to this problem: Leave the Warzone the second you see these players on the other side or know they are there. It may not be the best solution but it will certainly demand attention the more people begin to do it, hopefully forcing a much better PvP system. I've yet to see this occurrence on our server, Jedi Covenant, and I sincerely hope the problem you mentioned isn't as widespread as you say, shudder to think what is wrong with the human race to do something so profoundly pointless, fruitless and dumb.

It's just a ruleset for the open world. Nothing's really different about the game. Players are players.

Keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better. In all mmo games, the ruleset is the determining factor of where the pvp guilds will go. PvP guilds don't go to pve servers even on a PvE based game like swtor. So most pvpers will go to pvp servers even if it is just a title.

But this is swtor. Most pvp guilds and any decent competitive pvper left already and went to some other game.