Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that relevant?

But, since you asked - Ebon Hawk.

Like who? The only Imp side twink I've seen who actively stays 49 is Discoinferno.

I don't even notice any Pub 49 twinks to speak of. If they stay 49, they're not that good.

Yes, twinks are a common sight on EH. There are several Imperial players who have been 45-49 for a very long time, and they're even starting to run twink premades. Truth is, none of them are any good.

Like who?

I mean, I know twink premades are running (I frequently am in one), but I don't know of any actively dodging hitting 50. In fact, the friends I run with are all actively trying to hit 50 as fast as possible, especially once WZ/RWZ comms are capped.

The twink apologists ITT are hilarious. I wouldn't be shocked if they also considered 50s ganking levelers on Tatooine quality OW PVP.

Lets be clear though. The issue isn't twinking when done within the constructs of the game. You can twink your character without exploiting a game mechanic to stay at a certain level.

Twinking is not bad. Exploiting - is.

Like who? The only Imp side twink I've seen who actively stays 49 is Discoinferno.

I don't even notice any Pub 49 twinks to speak of. If they stay 49, they're not that good.

Like who?

I mean, I know twink premades are running (I frequently am in one), but I don't know of any actively dodging hitting 50. In fact, the friends I run with are all actively trying to hit 50 as fast as possible, especially once WZ/RWZ comms are capped.

Twinks and premades are not the issue, nor have they ever been - not with me anyway.

I'm not going to name names - as a crafter I have been approached by Pub side people for gear. Which is how I learned about the practice a few weeks ago.

I've been encountering it more frequently in WZs.

Edited by Seena

I bet you work at bioware cause you have numbers. Oh wait, you don't.

Why are you creating statements and arguments based on numbers that are make believe?

My numbers are based on experience... I like your approach since the numbers are obviously from personal experience and not actual statistics... but it still doesn't take away from the point. But twink on my friend... guys like me will still wreck twinks on our road to another 50.

BTW... I doubt many on my server would argue those numbers. It's probably not much different on other servers and I'd bet I'm pretty damn close.

Maybe twinks are less than 5% on Bastion... you should roll on there and bring that to 5% for me. I'll look for ya. ;)

I've seen very few real cases of Twinks in the game. To me a true SWTOR Twink is someone who stays at level 49, gears to the hilt, and leaves WZs right before they end. It's not often that I see these players.

There is a premade of them on The Bastion that my Vanguard runs into from time to time (won't name the guild). Personally, I like the challenge of fighting against them. Those guys seem to do well more because they are just well coordinated than because they are twinked out. When you get them alone or 1v2, their lack of skill shines through...typical premade in that regard.

While I don't advocate using a game exploit in anyway, I don't consider Twinks a real problem mainly because they are so rare. Even when you do run into them, just fight fire with fire. React with a premade of your own 40-49 lowbies. Or you can target mark them and inform your Ops to just focus fire and shut one or two of them down. If there is one thing I've learned about a Twink, it's that they don't like to die. I know it's a bit of a TDM attitude, but sometimes it's worth it just to mark one of them and make them rage because of death. hehe

Twinks and premades are not the issue, nor have they ever been - not with me anyway.

I'm not going to name names - as a crafter I have been approached by Pub side people for gear. Which is how I learned about the practice a few weeks ago.

I've been encountering it more frequently in WZs.

Most twinks on bastion roll in groups... it's pretty sad... they almost always still suck anyways. But with skill level of lowbie PvP I bet these guys normally run people over until they meet a decent group.

My numbers are based on experience... I like your approach since the numbers are obviously from personal experience and not actual statistics... but it still doesn't take away from the point. But twink on my friend... guys like me will still wreck twinks on our road to another 50.

BTW... I doubt many on my server would argue those numbers. It's probably not much different on other servers and I'd bet I'm pretty damn close.

Maybe twinks are less than 5% on Bastion... you should roll on there and bring that to 5% for me. I'll look for ya. ;)

I can say, pvp players in this game are less than 5% of the players in swtor. Most players don't pvp, Most spend their time leveling alts, making money on gtn, running flashpoints, and doing operations. It is true. So look at your numbers and see how flawed it is.

I can say, pvp players in this game are less than 5% of the players in swtor. Most players don't pvp, Most spend their time leveling alts, making money on gtn, running flashpoints, and doing operations. It is true. So look at your numbers and see how flawed it is.

I'm sorry... I thought we were on the PvP forums... I didn't think I had to draw a diagram to break it down for you.

I didn't notice that there were level 49 twinks in flashpoints. :rolleyes:

You'd be better off actually having an argument instead of just trying to prove my obviously estimated numbers are wrong.

BTW.... pretty safe to say my estimations are far closer to reality than this...

I can say, pvp players in this game are less than 5% of the players in swtor
Edited by UGLYMRJ

I'm sorry... I thought we were on the PvP forums... I didn't think I had to draw a diagram to break it down for you.

I didn't notice that there were level 49 twinks in flashpoints. :rolleyes:

You'd be better off actually having an argument instead of just trying to prove my obviously estimated numbers are wrong.

Oh wait, you weren't talking about 50 or statistics about whole game? Maybe you should check your previous posts again to see the make believe numbers that you were creating.

BTW.... pretty safe to say my estimations are far closer to reality than this...

Sorry but my estimations are a lot better than yours.

Edited by xxdragonragexx

Oh wait, you weren't talking about 50 or statistics about whole game? Maybe you should check your previous posts again to see the make believe numbers that you were creating.

Sorry but my estimations are a lot better than yours.

Are you for seriousing me?

Most twinks on bastion roll in groups... it's pretty sad... they almost always still suck anyways. But with skill level of lowbie PvP I bet these guys normally run people over until they meet a decent group.

This isn't even an issue. Twinking, PUG - are all part of the game.

Staying at level 49 forever - isn't.

And I find just as many bad players in level 50 PvP - because too many wait until level 50 to PvP. a good percentage of the time - the lower levels are much better.

And I find just as many bad players in level 50 PvP - because too many wait until level 50 to PvP. a good percentage of the time - the lower levels are much better.

When I say twink.... I'm referring to guys who are staying level 49 forever. I don't pay enough attention to them to know if they're the same guys but I assume that they are getting full purples and fully augmenting on the road to 50.

And man.... low level PvP on Bastion is bad... I mean there are a ton of bad players in 50 PvP, but sub 50 is horrible on our server. Never seen so many TDM loving, 1v1 having, node leaving, keyboard turning, mouse clicking, clueless, objectiveless players so often.

50 isn't always great.... but it's definitely a better player base over all.

Nevermind.. I'm giving up after this.

I'm not getting dragged into trying to show the light to the blind. We've had these debates before... its pointless.

^^ Which is why I try not to be verbose in my comments. Only light comedy and trolling.

Are you seriously creating statements and arguments based on make believe numbers?

Look at how many pvp servers there are. Look at how many players play in it. My estimations are a lot closer than yours.

Because people don't PvP on Ebon Hawk.

I think he's for seriousing me...

Uh, twinking is staying at the max level/gear of a bracket... in some games you don't have to leave because xp isn't given- in this game you do.

WoW for example- it gives xp now, but for years you could sit at level 19 with crusader enchants and three times the health of everyone else forever.

Frankly- BW allows this when they make the end of the match the only important part, and making points depend entirely on medals- medals which are grossly unbalanced in favour of tanks.

Did you know you get zero objective points in huttball for extricating a tank out of fire and across the finish line? For healing them through three guys beating on him so he gets the cap? For knocking three guys on your tank off the side of the ramp with overload? As a healer you have to stop healing, or grab the ball to get points- both of which are actually bad play most of the time.

Point is- the way you get xp/comms in this game causes a lot of problems more pressing than some harmless twinks.

Perhaps you should spend a little more time reading that person's other posts - than lecturing me on mine.

Also if you read through the thread - it IS a problem on other servers. That's the problem with not reading everything carefully tho ;)

I find it very odd that you are more concerned about teaching others to do this than fixing the issue. Wait - I take that back. No, I don't.

I did read the posts and honestly saw nothing wrong with them other than they debated what you had to say in your OP. I know it sucks when people do not agree with you but pulling out childish talk in hopes to sound funny in a forum is pretty pathetic. But to each their own, you can be however you want to be.

Although I see a few others mentioning they have seen it on their servers, I have not seen it on my server. Apparently 3-5 people agreeing with you is enough to declare this an issue game wide but that doesn't mean it's really an "issue".

I find it odd that you make a post to draw people in here only to go back and forth with them rather than having any real discussion. I assumed your server forum would be a better place to start since you are the one with an issue but whatever you want to do is fine. I'm sure BW will read your post and change things for you :rolleyes:

Some of the suggestions people have brought up here would fix the issue, nothing you have contributed would. Go figure...

Edited by Master_Nate

Because people don't PvP on Ebon Hawk.

I think he's for seriousing me...

Because everyone that pvp is a pvper. Everyone that hates pvp but pvp for the daily rewards is a pvper. Everyone that hates raiding but raids once a month for shiny mounts or new pixels are raiders too.

Wait... I'm being sarcastic.

Edited by xxdragonragexx

Because everyone that pvp is a pvper. Everyone that hates pvp but pvp for the daily rewards is a pvper. Everyone that hates raiding but raids once a month for shiny mounts or new pixels are raiders too.

Wait... I'm being sarcastic.

I think you should have a chat with this guy...

You two should see eye to eye on a lot of things.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I agree. Of course, I like the mid-game PvP a lot.

So, what I do? After I discover the point where [class + spec] becomes viable, I'll PvP periodically. When I hit upper 40s, I'll typically just solo PvE straight to 50, whereupon I max out my tradeskills, get my Recruit gear, and let the good times roll.

Having been a twink in World of Warcraft (49 bracket there, oddly enough), I never thought that I would say this, but: there's something supremely satisfying about just being able to PvP without needing to worry about having missed a quest line that provides an optimal equip.